Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do when your Sim(s) are stinking rich?

So I have already hit the limit of money to be earned in the game (9,999,999). What do you do when you hit this point? My sims are still working on careers, so not working isn't a option. And finding expensive items in the game and sticking them in my household inventory is annoying. And the most expensive thing I have found is 15,000. I also donate 50,000 as often as possible (I think that was thanks to a mod). I'd love to hear others ways to deal or suggestions on how to waste away some of this money.

Comments

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited May 2020
    Do you use mods? Here's one random quirky suggestion and 2 practical ones.

1. MCCC has a child support system. If your current heir is a cassanova and you're on a 100 baby challenge, you could have him make a ton of babies outside the main household and send child support money their way. I think it's set at 1% of total value per child (which you can tweak for more if you want). I've personally never tried this, only saw it in the control panel.

2. Have you tried SNB Bills mod? You'll have to pay property taxes. Also separates utility bills into water/electricity/etc so your bills might increase.

3. Buy the most expensive mansion and pay hefty bills. I just downloaded a 1.5mil venue from the gallery yesterday so that's one way to lose 15% of your money fast.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You could always right-click on their money and set it to 0 or whatever you want (with UI Cheats) if you’re really sick of them being loaded.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Wow that's something. I don't actually have any that rich sims. I play rotationally so the progress is slow and also I usually find a way to get rid of their money, for example kids not inheriting any of it. I like playing poor. I was going to suggest moving into a bigger house and buying a retail lot/restaurant/vet clinic and improving it. That's what I plan to do if my sims get too some extra cash.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Can't even imagine most of my sims earning that amount of money, except if they'd won the lottery multiple times or have money trees or something. 😂
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited May 2020
    They live normally. I cheat in money to give them the things I want them to have. Money doesn't factor in gameplay wise whatsoever. I started playing my current household with maximun possible funds which is, what, one simoleon short of a million? Or something.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2020
    My Sims have never reached 9,999,999 without me cheating - that's amazing, congrats! :smiley:

But if they had, I'd probably just continue playing and letting my Sims enjoy their lives without worrying about money at all. I'd take them on a long holiday to Sulani as well. And maybe buy some restaurants or stores - this can go either way: make them lose money or win more :wink:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    delphy wrote: »
    So I have already hit the limit of money to be earned in the game (9,999,999). What do you do when you hit this point? My sims are still working on careers, so not working isn't a option. And finding expensive items in the game and sticking them in my household inventory is annoying. And the most expensive thing I have found is 15,000. I also donate 50,000 as often as possible (I think that was thanks to a mod). I'd love to hear others ways to deal or suggestions on how to waste away some of this money.

I don't think any career pays that much money that you reach that amount of savings so you nee to look at the other sources of income. Maybe you are collecting too much stuff? Like other suggested, opening a business is a good way to spend a lot of money on the lot and furnishings. But if your business is successful and you keep collecting stuff then you will soon be back to where you started. Also you could try gifting expensive items that you don't want to keep instead of selling them. There is the option to burn money in the fireplace. When Eco Lifestyle is released you could have a sharing is caring neighbourhood action plan, and let other sims steal your unwanted stuff. Also, you could fill a lot with stuff and add the lot traits cursed and volcanic activity, hopefully there will be a big fire.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    With Get Famous you can put money in a vault. Would that work? I haven't tried it so not 100% sure if it still counts towards the funds, I think not?
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @musteni it counts towards household funds and is considered household possessions so it'll count towards the bills too. I had my household put 500k into the vault and my next cycle of billing went up to 49k.

The dangers of using the vault is if your sims move or you plop them onto the gallery, the money doesnt follow.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    How did you make that much money?
  • Options
    delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's a combo of two working parents, my main sim the female has completed 2 careers already, they do a lot of collecting and she was/is a painter and gardener. It can add up very fast. I spent a good chunk of last night buys the more expensive items and just putting them into the household inventory. I like the Bill idea I will have to look into that. I'm waiting out their teenagers to grow up to leave home before I add any more kids. I play on a long extended lifetime too so that is also part of why I've reached this level of money. I got really good at finding money making ways in the sims 3. I guess I'm good at it in the sims 4 too. Only took me about 3 months real time. Oh and the female sims has the no service fee reward. I wish I hadn't done that now.

I also had 3 money trees. I put 2 into inventory so I didn't keep getting all that money. each tree gives 31,000 most days.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Nothing at all. I've reached maximum amount so many times it's not even funny. No cheating, too. Then I simply use MCCC to lower the amount of money to reasonable (Think of it as a donation or an investment) and then let money pile up again.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I have only a couple of families that have had money trees and I vowed never to give another sim a money tree seed. They continue with their lives, only without worrying about the utilities being shut off. But I'll never use money trees again and these families only have 1-2M each. I can't imagine having sims with that much.

I have the really great mod, MCC and I made child support in my settings. I really wished I hadn't done that now, my almost broke sim hit the bushes with Clara Bjordensen (totally his idea) and she had twins! I made him move into a shack in Sulani which is all he can afford now...but I still won't get him a money tree seed. He must suffer. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The most any of my families had was around 850k, and I "cheated" that down to about half. That's after building their house, and filling it with everything they would ever need (at that time, anyway...got some new packs since....). When the kids move out, they will get a bit of starting money, but after that, they're on their own. TBH I often find I don't even have to motherlode in TS4, getting rich is a walk in the park.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I have never gotten that much. I have never reached 100k even. I'm really good at spending the money! I love opening restaurants! Open 4 or five and watch that money just disappear!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    When I had that much money in my previous save, I'd gift some funds to family that had moved out. When the teenagers move out, give them a hefty "starting fund" to start their new lives.

A vault with a couple of million in it is a great way to eat up funds with bills too.

As mentioned, opening stores or better still vet clinics and restaurants, as they don't have as high a profit margin and also don't require constant tending by the family. (At least I think restaurants can be open without a member of the household being there. I've only played with it once, I think.)

• Options
    @DaWaterRat I like that suggestion. My sims have 2 teenagers. I will definitely have to do that when they move out. They won't struggle to get started lol.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I usually cheat the money back down.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Having copious amounts of money just isn't fun for me. But I don't want to cheat it away either - I worked hard for that money!

So what I do is:
    I place a bank from the Gallery and make my main Sim from every generation go there to put excess money in a vault. (And make sure to transfer ownership before the current owner passes)
    I think of it as them putting it aside for the apocalypse or something.
    ... From the games perspective this is tax evation as this method makes the fortune excluded from bills haha.
    The bank is in Oasis Springs right now, but perhaps I should put it in Sulani instead and pretend it's the Cayman Islands! :joy:
  • Options
    Having copious amounts of money just isn't fun for me. But I don't want to cheat it away either - I worked hard for that money!

So what I do is:
    I place a bank from the Gallery and make my main Sim from every generation go there to put excess money in a vault. (And make sure to transfer ownership before the current owner passes)
    I think of it as them putting it aside for the apocalypse or something.
    ... From the games perspective this is tax evation as this method makes the fortune excluded from bills haha.
    The bank is in Oasis Springs right now, but perhaps I should put it in Sulani instead and pretend it's the Cayman Islands! :joy:

I don't have Get Famous and likely never will unless it's offered very cheap as I want nothing to do with being famous. I skipped that EP for the Sims 3 as well. I love the tax evasion part though that is awesome! :D
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @delphy Hahaha, just think of it as the Sims 4 Paradise Papers Expansion pack instead of Get Famous :lol:
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Increase the bills using MCCC to get rid of some money and don't let them do or sell anything that makes extra money. Its just WAY too easy to make money in TS4.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    My Sims like to paint and garden, which brings in a lot of $$$ (in excess of 100k simoleans/ day for just the plants.) Most of my played Sims have completed the money aspirations, so there is the money from that as well. I tend to gift copious amounts of money to deserving relatives and friends. Also, if I remember to add a vault to their household, it factors into the bills as well.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Have you upgraded your flooring, wallpaper, and house siding? Some are much more expensive than others. And don't forget landscaping can eat up money too. You could also build some elaborate basements to store your expensive items instead of the household inventory.

Have you built and upgraded a rocket ship? That'll take some cash as well.