Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is "off the grid" windows?

I saw speculation that "off the grid windows" is coming. What on earth does that mean? They run without electricity? You don't have to pay bills for them?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I saw speculation that "off the grid windows" is coming. What on earth does that mean? They run without electricity? You don't have to pay bills for them?

You can center a 2 tile window on 3 tile wall segment. You can see in this picture same window placed on both 2 and tiles wall.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/49912460193/in/album-72157714368333903/
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Oh that sort of off the grid. Hmm but it's already possible as seen in the screenshot?
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Oooh that’s a first for the sims right? Here’s hoping it’s full on free placement of windows like with wall decor and paintings.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Oooh that’s a first for the sims right? Here’s hoping it’s full on free placement of windows like with wall decor and paintings.

Yes it is!! Moving windows and doors freely on walls, has never been possible. It's a "life changing" feature for builders.

@IngeJones wrote: »
    Oh that sort of off the grid. Hmm but it's already possible as seen in the screenshot?

That screenshot is from the upcoming EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

You can center a 2 tile window on 3 tile wall segment. You can see in this picture same window placed on both 2 and tiles wall.

Can‘t we already do this with MOO? I wish they would give us something more exiting, e.g. sims opening and closing windows.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Can‘t we already do this with MOO? I wish they would give us something more exiting, e.g. sims opening and closing windows.

No we can't. And if you try to move windows with moo the wall will get the cut out of where the window was suppose to be and the actual window will show the wall where the glass is suppose to be, all glitched out.

And what's the point of opening and closing windows in the sims? How is that even more exiting? xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Nope. We can place 2 or more windows on the same tile with MOO, but we can't change the tile placement.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes it is!! Moving windows and doors freely on walls, has never been possible. It's a "life changing" feature for builders.

Ah it really is! Now watch it be a separate 3 tile window object... :neutral:
  • Options

Ah it really is! Now watch it be a separate 3 tile window mesh... :neutral:

Hmm?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    The same window as a 3 tile object rather than a 2 tile. Idk how to phrase it. xD
  • Options
    The same window as a 3 tile object rather than a 2 tile. Idk how to phrase it. xD

Haa. No I don't think so. But we're very close to the livestream, I'm sure the gurus will show it there if it's coming ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    That screenshot is from the upcoming EP.

Oh silly me! Ok I see now.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Omg the smiling keylime is back!! 😍😍
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020

No we can't. And if you try to move windows with moo the wall will get the cut out of where the window was suppose to be and the actual window will show the wall where the glass is suppose to be, all glitched out.

And what's the point of opening and closing windows in the sims? How is that even more exiting? xD

Because it's about life. I thought we had cheats in all the games to set things off the grid line a quarter or so. I guess TS4 doesn't have that cheat, or feature yet. But animated windows is the future.. :D Wind blows through and messes up the room during a storm. That might be more fun to me than moving a window a hair off the grid. Just make a smaller window version, Maxis, with a one tile footprint.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.