Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could You Play TS4 With No CAS CC?

I realized I don’t have too much CAS CC and if it came down to it, I could probably do without the few pieces I have.

Those of you who use Create A Sim Custom Content, do you think you could play like you do now but without any of that custom content?

Could You Play TS4 With No CAS CC? 225 votes

I use CAS CC and not having them wouldn’t be as fun.
27%
Frn0731winkeljohn78Sara1010PGalacticGalAlexaitanakakiMeteoraStormyesme88mercuryfoamPaigeisin5friendlysimmersglory_joyloubyloulousekojranaKaeChan2089taydevcheetosash15BabykittyjadeMoonfoxNightcryfullspiral 61 votes
I use CAS CC but could remove them and still have fun.
31%
Akl500PLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatIceyJdreamergrl84PlayerSinger2010Isb917joelygirlsims2sennawalesMariefoxprice83Allison18WyrrenAmj1995LustianiciaPlumbobCrossingfallenangel66HarukotyanLadyKynLoriTSpSindocat 70 votes
I don’t use CAS CC but I’m thinking about downloading some.
1%
BloosmooSimLarkperagogo 3 votes
I don’t use CAS CC and don’t want any.
37%
Bluegaylesimjenn2004MRoss18451IcewolfCamkatEvilWitch83mcruddIrdiwensimgirl1010Tiipiialanmichael1Mindofyldmarkoakaniki0LizzychicagoChanty25AquariusMomJACKIEJOYDragonAge_300905A_Mom 85 votes
I only play on console (No CC)
2%
JesskiKhrisstyneBearpal64FunandotsemiobixReaganbogan 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I find most CC too confusing to update after patches, especially if you have a lot of it. If you had said mods, I would definitely say no I could not play the Sims 4 without it...
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I dont have loads of cc but the little bit I do have is specific to the types of characters I play. Before cc I played just fine without it. It's just weird to see orcs hissing like vampires and drinking blood 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Yeah I can do that. Honestly, I use so little custom content I forget I have it installed sometimes.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I use CAS cc, but I am pondering removing a lot of it because the catalog for the in game clothing is getting to be really cool, and some of it is duplicating cc I grabbed because we didn’t have anything like it in the game.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Mods, no, absolutely no. The little Cas CC I have, I could very well live without. I've only ever used a skin overlay and body hair, both by Luumia. I'd miss the body hair, though....my guys look weird without hairy arms and chest.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2020
    Clothing, hair and makeup I could totally play without. I've even actually been considering deleting them all lately because I don't like how messy they make CAS look with all the different styled thumbnails.

I can't play without my default custom skin tone replacements, default eye replacements and eyelashes though. I don't like the way my sims look without these few things.

I can't play without my mods either. The game has way to many bugs and awful design choices that need fixing.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I find most CC too confusing to update after patches, especially if you have a lot of it. If you had said mods, I would definitely say no I could not play the Sims 4 without it...

I never had to update any CC and I have multiple gigabytes of them.

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't use any cc. I think that the vanilla game has more than enough for the use i give them. I don't spend much time in cas anyway...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    "I don’t use CAS CC and don’t want any"... created by somebody else !

I only use my own creations (Tattoos and unlocked game items).
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I don't use any. There was a set of firefighter turnout gear, but I deleted that with the patch coming up on June 2 adding firefighters to the base game. Too much of a pain in the backside to deal with; from faceless Sims, to disembodied tongues, teeth, and eyes.

It surprises me how some Sims are when you choose not to use the CC they are often bundled with. Some are hideous, and need rework. Others are quite fine.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People download endless CC and then are confused when there CAS is slow to load.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    A lot of cc in general I don’t like and find it looks odd in my game and I’ve only used maxis match. Plus what I am usually looking for I can never find so now don’t bother with it.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

As much as I love the Sims 4, I need CAS CC in my game. #1 on my list of reasons why I enjoy the Sims 4 is creating Sims and having a variety of items in CAS to select from.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Not having any CAS CC would probably be nice, since i wouldn’t have to update any of it ever again. But i like having it, since it gives me more options to customize my sims :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited May 2020
    The majority of my cc is for toddlers and children. I play families with lots of toddlers and without cc they would all look the same. Toddlers have hardly any hair or clothes in the vanilla game.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Mods are extremely buggy & troublesome. They interfer with the updates, patches & new game installments. Also, they aren't very playable.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’d never be able to play TS4 again for more than 5 minutes without ANY mods. I rely on them too much to make the game fun. The normal sims just look so ugly without CC. I mean.. have you seen their cheekbones & the horrendous default skinblend?! 🤢
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I mean, I play that way for a few days after every patch (I have a save I use exclusively while waiting for mods to update), so I certainly can play without CC or mods. The fun factor, for me, depends on what story I have for the sims I'm playing, which has little to do with CC.

That and I really should go through and pare it down. I've got a fair amount that if I'm honest, I'm not actually ever going to use at this point, even if it is fun and well done.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    The only CC I have are skin details. If I had to I could live without them. I actually enjoy the game much more without a lot of CC in the game.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I have used CAS CC in the past but there's so much to choose from now and I just don't think it's necessary for my game.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The only Sims game where CC was absolutely necessary for me was Sims 3... as much as I love that game, the default hairstyles (especially for male Sims) were extremely ugly. The same goes for quite a lot of clothing designs, but I can at least tolerate the default clothes. The hairstyles definitely needed to be custom!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I only play on console (No CC)
    As a console player I accepted the reality that I won't have CC of any kind in my game and I honestly don't mind at all. Between all the packs I have I have a huge assortment of hairs and clothes to choose from. I don't miss it.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I dont know how I played this game without mods or CC. Im on the hunt for new CC maybe about once a week. I dont have alot of CAS CC (relatively speaking), but the skins and hairs I have really make significant changes and adds personality to my sims, that without them everything is just off.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Oh, sure. I have very little CAS cc...most of my stuff is game mod, from tools (MC Command Center) to additives like the Explore mod.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    With how the quality of CAS items and hairs have more than upgraded since base game I definitely could. I had for a good while playing vanilla til started seeing more really good quality MM items. Don't think I've loved the clothing and hairs in a sims game as I have in S4. Just gets better and better as time goes.

Could go without a lot of it would probably keep a lot of afro texture hairs and fades for men I've collected because of the variety as well as a skintone.
    5vJrxmT.png