Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Just Want Burglar, Fireman, and Police NPCs.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Nikoa wrote: »
    They're really not necessary. I always hated the burglar. It made me so anxious to hear the music, especially since if I didn't already have something in place to deal with it, there was nothing I could do. I'm glad they left them out this time. Since we don't have burglars, we don't really need police, and sims can put fires out themselves and we have the sprinkler system now, so we don't really need firefighters this time around.

I mean, that's great, but I want them. Some of my best memories from the game involve funny things the burglar took or getting jump scared by the music in TS1. I miss the random events from the game. The only similar thing we have is Vlad
    breaking in and feeding on sims and they've seemed to tone that down because it doesn't happen often anymore (at least not in my game). They also added a police/detective career with no real reason to protect sims because there's no crime.

I'd personally prefer seeing a fireman NPC come into my sim's home an put out the fire rather than an automated sprinkler. I don't think I've ever met anyone who has an automatic sprinkler system in their home.

Sprinkler systems are required in the USA in apartments just about everywhere nowadays.

Do skyscrapers/high rise apartments in the USA have sprinkler systems?

Bruce Feldman, Managing Agent for NYC properties.
    Answered Jun 16, 2017

I can’t speak for the whole country but in NYC yes, they do. Fire sprinklers are a code requirement for all newly-constructed residential towers.

I live in a 35-story residential building. Not only are there fire sprinklers in every room, but each apartment has central-station smoke and fire alarms. Once activated, they send a signal directly to the local fire department, which arrives in minutes. These alarms can only be shut-off by the fire department, not by building staff.

Interestingly, you will not find a single real estate listing for luxury condo apartments that highlights —or even mentions— these critical life-saving safety features. They are among the most valuable features and benefits of buying a modern luxury condo in NYC … and brokers don’t even mention them in their sales listings!

Go figure.

Recommended
    All
    David S. Rose
    David S. Rose
    Jun 16, 2017

Interesting. When did sprinklers become code for new fireproof structures? I assume it was within the past 20 years, no?

Bruce Feldman
    Original Author · Jun 16, 2017

•1999 Local Law 10 passed

•Automatic sprinklers required for all new and substantially renovated dwellings housing four / more families

•Periodic inspections of the sprinkler systems reported to and filed with FDNY...
    (more)
    David S. Rose: Fascinating. Thanks!
    John Caythorpe

I live in an area of the Midwest of USA where they are not required. Only maybe some of the kitchens of big chain restarants/fast food may have them as a standard. I even reside in an apartment building without a sprinkler system.

I miss certain NPC, but only because I played Sims 1 for almost 15 years before being forced to upgrade to a new iteration. I miss the difficulty level as Sims 4 is way too easy.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes bring them back please! The burglars I could live without, but the firemen could be useful and mostly the cops.

Imagine if you could call the cops on a noisy neighbor (in san myshuno) or because somebody broke into your vault, or a stalker is in your house, etc and if they could bring your teens home when they break curfew/ sneak out ?

There are cops in the game if you have get to work but.....you never see them.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    They're really not necessary. I always hated the burglar. It made me so anxious to hear the music, especially since if I didn't already have something in place to deal with it, there was nothing I could do. I'm glad they left them out this time. Since we don't have burglars, we don't really need police, and sims can put fires out themselves and we have the sprinkler system now, so we don't really need firefighters this time around.

I mean, don't you like... fun?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    I'd love burglars to come back if there was an option to turn them off.
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    In sims 2 winning a fight against the burglar was so satisfying. That was always a motivation for my sims to do some sports.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't miss police bringing teens home for staying out late, that was really unrealistic and annoying to me. However I do miss the presence of firemen, police and maybe even the burglar a little bit. If they added a burglar in TS4 I would want it a bit more realistic. The whole stripe shirt, black hat and sneaking in like a clown was not really doing it for me.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I miss having my sims fight the burglar in Sims 3.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would love to have them all back in this game.

Side note, what's so really different between a burglar breaking into your home as oppose to the vampires breaking in and drinking from your sim... if vamps can break in to do this then I dont see why an npc burglar can't.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I kind of miss that part of the game too. Like what's the point of having a fire alarm if firemen don't show up to help you get the fire out? I can kind of do without the burglary part but that was kind of fun too. But yeah I missed these parts because it made the game a little more realistic.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I love how the source is never shared in any of these leaks. XD Honestly shocked each time the "alleged source" never gets caught too. Something seems very fishy about this like tabloid news that never cites sources too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2020
    Burglars, police, firemen oh my! It would be so awesome if they returned. If ever, please increase the games sensitive of things actually happening such as fires.
    Post edited by vincentvega8899 on
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2020
    Lishacake wrote: »
    What's the point in amassing wealth if there's no risk to it?

I liked burglars, they made you value your possessions more - especially if you didn't have enough money to purchase a burglar alarm. TS3 even let you release them once they'd been caught, which would then build friendship with them. It added more to story-telling.

I really thought it was an odd omission, especially once GTW was released with the police career. I mean, you literally go into houses and investigate crimes (mostly vandalism) before arresting a perp. Burglars would've been a perfect addition.

yes I agree I want burglars really bad and I think it's weird that they were not in get to work
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    VodkaVodka Posts: 25 Member
    I want them too. We can have a toggle off option for those who dislike it, but come on it can't be THAT hard to code. I miss burglars, I miss fighting burglars and winning, I miss police coming by to shame me for not having a lock or something. I don't think we need firefighters BUT as a career it could be lovely.
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    I would legitimately love it if they brought firefighters back, since I’ve had fires my sims couldn’t handle and they just watched everything burn while the alarm sounded.

I’m less particular about the return of burglars and the police, but I know how iconic they were in earlier games and I understand why people would want them back.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I wish they would add premade sims to fill the npc jobs instead of just randomizing someone in the game. Like, add the Pleasantview ones recreated in SIms 4, like Kaylynn as a premade maid, etc