Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Just Want Burglar, Fireman, and Police NPCs.

I know this topic has been beat to death on here, but seriously. The game came out in 2014. It's been 5 years.

I don't understand why these basic NPCs aren't part of the game.
ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    They're really not necessary. I always hated the burglar. It made me so anxious to hear the music, especially since if I didn't already have something in place to deal with it, there was nothing I could do. I'm glad they left them out this time. Since we don't have burglars, we don't really need police, and sims can put fires out themselves and we have the sprinkler system now, so we don't really need firefighters this time around.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I definitely want police and firemen as well. I also really would like a firefighter career.

I can do without burglars, but I'd be fine with them being added so long as there is a way to turn them off.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @Nikoa I agree. I miss them too. For me, its not about it being more efficient or expedient without them... They added a certain amount of flavor to the game that I sorely miss. Yes, at times they were a pain in the rump, but I still love and miss them.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I remember always getting frustrated when they'd break into my houses. I'd get so angry having to replace something, especially if my Sims didn't have the money.
    But it sure made for some funny times. Oh, how many toilets I lost.

I miss them and would love to have them back.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I miss them too. I hope we get the alarm system back too. You would think with the front door camera tech with homes these days they would bring back burglars in the game. I mean with a game that is supposed to be a life simulator it is supposed to show not only the good but the bad that happens as well. I have had my home broken into twice since moving to a different state. So there is no way I want that watered down with my simulation experience. It is an occurrence that can happen to anyone worldwide. So kind of sad these NPCs aren't in the game yet when they have been around since 2000.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Ugh! Everytime they say there's something special coming in the new patch I always think oh my Yoba are we finally about to get robbed?! Cause they rob us everyday with lack of gameplay lol. Before anyone loses thier wig I'm kidding about the last part...sort of, but not really, I'm serious. Still love the game though lol.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I miss them to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Yes! I agree these NPCs added randomness to the game. Would be nice but like you said 5 years in, Ive lost hope for their return.
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    One of my favorite sim memories was watching my super-cute-old-lady sim beat the daylights out of a burglar trying to break into her vacation home! He didn't know she was a retired black ops agent! I would love to have these NPCs back.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I loved the burglar most of my sims always go into a fight with them.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I wouldn't mind firemen and police although I don't want police bringing my teens home for being late as that seems unrealistic. The burglar I don't care about having back, he was more of an annoyance than something I found fun in previous iterations of the game.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I miss them too burglar we need them they had such good music in sims 1.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    They’re so iconic to The Sims. I miss them too, they have been there since the beginning. They just added something extra to the game and let’s face it this game can use a little more extra. Haha
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited September 2019
    They’re so iconic to The Sims. I miss them too, they have been there since the beginning. They just added something extra to the game and let’s face it this game can use a little more extra. Haha

I wouldn't call them iconic. They're not special characters unique to the franchise. Characters like Bonehilda and Mrs. Crumplebottom are iconic.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    It seems that when game changers open their mouth, suddenly the tinyst problems become important to the developers.. ahum ahum.
    So that is what we seem to have to do now. Tragic.
    One of my favorite sim memories was watching my super-cute-old-lady sim beat the daylights out of a burglar trying to break into her vacation home! He didn't know she was a retired black ops agent! I would love to have these NPCs back.
    That makes me really miss Mrs. Crumplebottom too. She was one of my favorite NPCs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    It seems that when game changers open their mouth, suddenly the tinyst problems become important to the developers.. ahum ahum.
    So that is what we seem to have to do now. Tragic.

It's funny how game changers speak about this now while players who are not game changers already spoke about these same issues years ago.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member

I wouldn't call them iconic. They're not special characters unique to the franchise. Characters like Bonehilda and Mrs. Crumplebottom are iconic.

Well that’s your opinion. I personally didn’t care for those characters. Honestly forgot they existed.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    No more NPC'S please.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Meh. I hated wasting a trait just to fight burglars. And we have klepto sims if you need someone stealing from you. We have detectives, secret agents, space cops, and sims in black we are good on law enforcement IMO. Firefighters I’m fine with being replaced with a sprinkler. Hated that stupid active career in 3. Just my opinion but hard pass on these.
    Drakos wrote: »
    Meh. I hated wasting a trait just to fight burglars. And we have klepto sims if you need someone stealing from you. We have detectives, secret agents, space cops, and sims in black we are good on law enforcement IMO. Firefighters I’m fine with being replaced with a sprinkler. Hated that stupid active career in 3. Just my opinion but hard pass on these.
    I don't know, in Sims 2, if their fitness skill was high enough, they could beat them down really well, so doesn't have to be trait specific. Plus with the yoga skill, Sims are more than fit enough to take them down easily now.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Nope, nope & nope. Double nope on the burglars.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Drakos wrote: »
    I don't know, in Sims 2, if their fitness skill was high enough, they could beat them down really well, so doesn't have to be trait specific. Plus with the yoga skill, Sims are more than fit enough to take them down easily now.

I skipped 2 so that is good to know, the only thing I liked about burglars in 3 was how dogs could "guard the house" and catch them. They didnt scare me, just bored me with their far too frequent failed burglery attempts and the useless cops that rarely managed to actually arrest them.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I don't understand how someone can have pleasure playing a game that's so easy. No fires, no burglar. I understand how Vlad showing up in every first gameplay night can bem annoying, vampires are supposed to be hard to find/become one, but realistic things?! I want my Sims to HAVE to wash their dishes, otherwise they would attract bugs and cockroaches. I want my sim tô be more careful/afraid to cook by themselves for the first time, otherwise they'll set the house on fire. I want the Unsavory Charlatan + Burglar tô make my gameplay harder. I want to have to wash their clothes, pra make their beds. Clean puddles. Etc. Etc. Sims 4 life IS to perfect, everything makes my sim happy, there is no reward in trying to make them feel pleasure, but its also Impossible for them to feel bad even If i wanted too. Like... This is why I mainly build/design Sims... I wanted to bad to play A GAME, but there is no playability if you don't even need to cheat to have a rich sim/happy sim/a good relationships/attraction/etc