Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Dine Out
    Actually none, because all game packs are of good quality (it's my favourite type of pack because of it). But I voted Dine Out because it has (had) so many bugs.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dine Out
    I don't own it but probably dine out, nobody seems to have a good word to say about it and the concept sounds boring. I'd rather just send my sims to a rabbithole restaurant like in the sims 3. This is the sims 4 though, most of the packs are disappointing if I'm honest, Strangerville is a great world and good CAS but the gameplay is boring and for a story based pack it's severely lacking in story, just do this, do that and done. No depth or character development or anything, yawn.
    Vampires is meh, the world is tiny and is just the goth household x4, about five minutes worth of entertainment there.
    Realm of Magic sounds great on paper but it's so heavily lacking, you just go to the magic realm and bam! you're a wizard harry! No depth or challenge or anything, and then you just learn the spells by practicing magic for 500 hours there's no quest or backstory. I just wish there was some sort of story or challenge with these packs, everything is so easy and it makes gameplay feel so shallow

Jungle Adventure is definitely the best GP though, great world, amazing build-buy, the story is still non-existent though but I enjoy the tombs and the pack in general just wish I could live there.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited May 2020
    Outdoor Retreat
    I don't have Dine-out to judge it so I picked Outdoor Retreat. It's not that it's the worst pack because it's bad, it's actually really fun and I do love it, but all the other packs offer so much more in comparison that out of all of them it's the weakest link.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires as I'm not at all interested in them, and don't own the pack... but I have the rest and if I was to judge on packs I own only I'd say Spa Day. One of my regret buys as it didn't have much in it that I liked, the game play was boring for me and I didn't care much for the build/Cas
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Realm of Magic
    RoM is the only one I never bothered buying. Reliance on mods (for keeping the game to turn premades into casters) is never good, broom-teleport is a big letdown and the gameplay is nothing I feel I need at the moment.

Of the rest I use Vampires and Parenthood the least.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Strangerville
    Strangerville is the one pack I refuse to buy. I want the military career for my game, but that one thing is just not worth it to me. It was a pack a guru wanted and did not care whether it would be popular or not so a lot of people feel like this pack was a waste of resources because its replay value, because it's story based.

Amandèle wrote: »
    I don't hate it but it's kind of boring...

Outdoor Retreat would be my second pick and its annoying bug collecting is confined pretty much to the vacation world and you need them as ingredients and can't breed them like you can with frogs to get more.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I actually like the setting and send sims on vacations there but the theme needs to be more developed and there needs to be more to do.

This is one that they should add onto.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I don't like the theme of it.
  • Options
    gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Dine Out
    I don't have this pack... It is known for being glitchy.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood has the most annoyances (messes, some of the phases, constant interruptions to give advice). Plus I am so disappointed that there is nothing the parents can do to push their children into the negative character values.
  • Options
    DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    Dine Out
    *Technically* i like dine out because the utter chaos of going to a dinner date and having the servers dropping dead while i wait for hours to get my food is great, but deadly dining shouldn't really be the default setting of the pack
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dine Out
    Dine Out. I was hoping it would offer more gameplay and at least table proposals, but it ended up being mostly a CAS pack like the SPs. It ended up having a lot of recycled systems from Get To Work retail system too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2020
    Outdoor Retreat
    Wasn't sure between Outdoor Retreat and Strangerville but I really like Strangerville's CAS and being an extra, liveable world so Outdoor Retreat is my least favorite.

Game Packs in general tend to be more detailed in whatever they're supposed to do so they are probably my favorite kind of packs, I don't really hate any of them.
    Post edited by Omri147 on
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I really dont think there is a worst Game Pack. If this is about Expansion pack I have an answer but for gamepack, all of them are really well done and has ganepay to explore
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Parenthood
    I think the game packs are generally all done pretty well. My favorites have to do with Supernatural and Occult themes (plus Jungle Adventure, I love Jungle Adventure!)

Parenthood is the only one I don't own and have no desire to own. The concept is just something I really don't want to do in my game, and the pack would bring more irritation than enjoyment for me. Messes? Being forced to teach kids how to behave? Meh. That doesn't necessarily make it the worst pack in and of itself, but definitely the worst pack for me.

As for actual bad packs, I would say Dine Out because it focused on the ho hum of restaurant management. Maybe Spa Day, just on principle. Of all the things we desperately needed in the game that first year, a spa definitely wasn't one of them, lol. I think the Spa Day release was the pack that really started making me take a more critical look at Sims 4 and the development decisions... and fearing for its future.

#Team Occult
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited May 2020
    Strangerville
    StrangerVille by far. The world was good, but I live in Arizona, so the world was kind of familiar and boring to me. The build mode items were terrible, in fact, I've never used a single thing from that pack's build mode contents since I bought the pack. Now the main reason why this is the worst game pack is the gameplay. The story was shallow, repetitive, and boring. StrangerVille has absolutely ZERO replayability, which is not what I want from a Sims pack. The thing is, story-driven packs are not meant for any sims game, where you are supposed to make your own story and keep it going for as long as you want.

Following StrangerVille would be Vampires and Realm of Magic because they are supernatural-themed, and that doesn't interest me in any way because I prefer realism over fantasy.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Spa Day
    Just never found much use for it besides the yoga mat. For my playstyle I rarely use any of the stuff. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Spa Day
    This is the one pack I keep forgetting. I use the BB regularly but my sims never go to a spa because I simply keep forgetting about them.
    runner ups are outdoor retreat because there is so little to do on vacation compared to jungle adventure and vampires because I have little interest in the theme.

All in all, I really like the game packs. They are well made and add more to the game than I would have expected when I first heard about this category of DLC. Some of them are more essential to my gameplay than certain EP's.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Dine Out
    I had to go with Dine Out. It ran okay when I built my own restaurant but the Maxis ones had too many glitches.

I almost voted for Strangerville. I enjoyed the story but once you were done you were left with a very boring town.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited May 2020
    Outdoor Retreat
    Like others have said, it's boring.

There's also not nuch to do in the world so you should just have your sim stay home instead :D
    Post edited by Khrisstyne on
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Out of these I will go with Outdoor Retreat mainly because the main attraction of the pack - Granite Falls retreat - is very much a one time deal. Go once and never return. In addition, the nature of the locations makes it a bit annoying to actually visit. In other words, not only there is not THAT much to do there, but it is a bit too complicated for its own good to go there. With that said, I do love tents.

If I had to pick another one, it would be Spa Day.Sure, the idea is nice and build items are decent, but that about it. I do use the stuff it offers quite a lot, but I can't say that I enjoy it and it is something I could definitely live without i my house.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. The world is depressing and dull compared to all the other worlds. I’ve tried the gameplay with the pre-made vampires and just didn’t like it maybe it was the pre-mades I didn’t like I don’t know. I found Vald creepy and the siblings boring. I only got the pack when it was on sale mainly for the bb items. It’s a pack I want to try and re-play with as I don’t feel I’ve given it a fair chance and make my own vampires. It’s not an occult thing as I love mermaids and quite like spellcasters and have them in my game.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    It's not actually bad, but it's quite bare compared to later packs.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited May 2020
    Outdoor Retreat
    I like all the GPs so had to think long and hard for this question. I picked OR because although the theme is fine and the tent is an absolute necessity to have, I wish there was more to do. Also it gets no extra points from CAS and not many points from build/buy. My next choice would have been Realm of Magic which is the pack I would give away if I had to live without one of them. Maybe should have voted for it after all.

@Onverser I have a good word! Dine Out is actually one of my facourite GPs. I love having different type of restaurants in my game (have probably ten or so) and sending my sims to dine in them. I've never tried running a restaurant so there's that. I don't know why it seems to be buggy for so many people, but I know I'm not the only one loving it.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out is a glorified Stuff Pack. All you get is literally what it says in the title: A place to dine out. No new world, no traits or aspirations, skills or occults, just one new lot type and a couple of CAS and BB items that look out of place everywhere else. I like having restaurants in the game, but making them their own pack rather than including them with Get To Work was just rude, and the bugs that seem to befall it with every update don't help.

Outdoor Retreat is a close second for wasting its great potential and ending up being a boring one-time experience with a fake bear and a hard-to-master herbalism skill that's not even useful enough to be worth it. I do like all the other GPs, though.