Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soph's ToS Coven All-Any Mafia | Town Wins

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I haven't read the setup yet. Will get to it later.

Vote: DeKay

Hello

That was a little random. Would you mind explaining your random vote on DeKay...?

I find it weird that you have to ask this especially early in the game.

I didn't have to ask it, it just struck me as odd, so I asked.

Why did it strike you as odd?

It's a random vote, with no explanation. Even this early in the game, you should at least say why you voted for them, even if it was just a gut feeling.

I thought it was just thrown out there for no reason. I mean what reason could anyone have with putting up an initial vote before much talk or any actions or results, except to see who says what in regards to it? DeKay voting Rose, Ice voting DeKay, Keyen voting Ice...that was a kind of chain reaction a little, but nobody could say any of it was based on actual cause for suspicion at this point. It's just poking a bush, you know?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    latest?cb=20200417190727

The neutral evil & neutral killing thing is wrong also. They’re the opposite of what they should be. I think the creator of that pic got confused & mixed them up.

Wait, so this list is wrong?

Everything under Neutral Evil should be under Neutral Killing and vise versa

@DeKay do you mind editing your pic? <3

It's not my pic tho, but I can edit it a bit for y'all. LOL.

Lmao I thought you were the one who edited it
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options

Hello

That was a little random. Would you mind explaining your random vote on DeKay...?

It's a random vote, with no explanation. Even this early in the game, you should at least say why you voted for them, even if it was just a gut feeling.

Random votes usually have no explanation other than it's random. Plus, it's too early in the game to have an actual suspicion.

I agree that it's too early to have actual suspicions, which explains why I was confused by Icy's vote, since DeKay is the best scum-hunter, and even though we need a hammer it's still a vote. However, I can see we're not really getting anywhere in this argument, so I'm just going to focus my energy elsewhere.

Icey just literally came in and voted Dekay out of nowhere, does that sound like an actual suspicion to you?

Sounds like an obvious random vote for me idk

• Options

Hello

I thought it was just thrown out there for no reason. I mean what reason could anyone have with putting up an initial vote before much talk or any actions or results, except to see who says what in regards to it? DeKay voting Rose, Ice voting DeKay, Keyen voting Ice...that was a kind of chain reaction a little, but nobody could say any of it was based on actual cause for suspicion at this point. It's just poking a bush, you know?

Exactly, and to think that she called out Icey for that alone when ppl are literally doing what Icey just did.

• Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    So Rose, are you a baddie? You're being kinda helpful in answering the questions regarding the setup. XD

No, I'm not a baddie. :)
    And yeah. I have a basic understanding of how Town of Salem works cause I've played it before. (I've never played coven mode though, so some of these roles are new to me.)
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    lilacheartedlilachearted Posts: 7 New Member
    It's a bit too early into the game for me to vote as I'm a beginner, so I'll try to observe everyone as best as I can for now.
  • Options
    It's a bit too early into the game for me to vote as I'm a beginner, so I'll try to observe everyone as best as I can for now.

Good, what are your thoughts so far?

Also, if you have any questions regarding the game, ask away lol my online friends don’t bite

• Options
    lilacheartedlilachearted Posts: 7 New Member
    Alright, will do. Thanks, Keyen. :) @Keyenpeydee
  • Options
    Alright, will do. Thanks, Keyen. :)@Keyenpeydee

Welcome! Do you have any thoughts that might be helpful to us?

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

You can always change your vote (well, it depends on the host, but here on the Sims forum we always allow vote changes) so don't worry too much. Although it seems the host implements majority voting, so if a person gets voted by more than half of the living players, they get lynched. So it's better to be careful in the later days.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    So Rose, are you a baddie? You're being kinda helpful in answering the questions regarding the setup. XD

Is scum Rose more helpful? :D I haven't really played in a while
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    *checks setup*

Okay, that's a lot of roles. There's no way we can figure out what's happening.

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    *checks setup*

I figured the same. May as well be closed. Is there a difference between closed, and "any 15 of 49 possible roles with duplications possible of non-unique roles?"
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,631 Member

And yeah. I have a basic understanding of how Town of Salem works cause I've played it before. (I've never played coven mode though, so some of these roles are new to me.)

Why does this feel like that that time you were a baddie and said you're not..??? 🤔
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Is scum Rose more helpful? :D I haven't really played in a while

Yes. Keyword being "helpful". XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    *checks setup*

I figured the same. May as well be closed. Is there a difference between closed, and "any 15 of 49 possible roles with duplications possible of non-unique roles?"

Closed means we're going totally blind. There's like hundreds of possible roles out there. So 49 is nothing. I've played the Greater Mafia setup before and it had like 100+ roles and it's still considered semi open.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    *checks setup*

Well, the theoretical upper limit is (49*15)C15 divided by 49*15!, assuming that any role can be duplicated any number of times. So it's just as good as a closed setup

• Options
    *checks setup*

Well, the theoretical upper limit is (49*15)C15 divided by 49*15!, assuming that any role can be duplicated any number of times. So it's just as good as a closed setup

Actually, scratch that. It's a bit tough to compute, but the number of possibilities is astronomical. :D

• Options

Why does this feel like that that time you were a baddie and said you're not..??? 🤔

I don't know, cause I'm not scum.
  • Options
    Petition to make this an open setup!!

• Options
    I'm fine with either. It's the host's call anyway

• Options

The last time we did a tos setup, there was a huge mass claim and it was mostly open with a few variants. I think the reason it's this way is to prevent a mass claim.
  • Options

I don't know, cause I'm not scum.

Sure... :P You not coven too? XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

No. Cuz then they'll be mass claiming.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ValenciaaaaaValenciaaaaa Posts: 329 Member
    Hello. I'm sorry I haven't been online today, I have just had a proper chance to long on. It is very late where I am so I intend to read back tomorrow morning.