Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Team Needs to Turn On OPTIONAL Multiplayer

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,387 Member
    So far, this looks like it may be fun as a sort of virtual meet place where you invite all your friends and do whatever while you chat, but you're really dependent on the hosts availability. Also, you can't really play if your friends are busy elsewhere even if you have the save file. In this respect Sims Online was more fun, because you could play whenever you wanted.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm not opposed to optional anything. In fact, I rather support it. If a feature is optional is allows those who wish for it to have it and those who do not want it to avoid it. Everybody wins.

In terms to reactivating the online code, they could do just that. That'd be fine with me so long as it came with a checkbox.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    No.no no
    One no was too short, it wouldn't let me post it without adding more letters so three no's from me.
    I feel like this is one of the greatest hobbies an introvert can enjoy. I don't even want online optional. Almost every game is online now days so there are plenty others. I just feel like this game was never meant to be played that way.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    It was fun watching Dr Gluon and James Turner do this but I would never use it if it was part of the game. I do not know anyone in real life that plays The Sims 4. James Tuner has an earlier video from when this mod first came out. In this series they are revisiting the mod because it was updated.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have also read the entire thread and vote no. Why turn it into any old game? The Sims has always been special. I am even reluctant to share my creations in the gallery; there is no way I’m going to share my entire Sims world with another human being. That would ruin it for me.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    While I understand some players would enjoy the option to play with friends, I would not. We have had this same argument going on since Sims4 was in development. If EA makes Sims5 a multi-player on line game WITH the option not to take advantage of on line play, then EA should go for it. But the option to go on line or not has to be part of their plan or Sims5 will fail. It can't be all on line or all off line. The choice has to be left up to each player. We all saw what happened with SimCity and Diablo3 when players were forced to play on line only. Gamers like having choices in how they play their games. The Sims franchise has always been a sandbox game, meant to be played by one person only. I understand the need for change, which includes an on line option being included in the next iteration, because the newer members of the Simming community have stated this is something that interests them. How EA plans to monitor the on line activity of our younger players, while keeping them safe, is another facet of this plan that needs to be addressed. And I hope EA is doing that before it even starts building Sims5.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    No thank you.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I am fine with optional online. Kinda makes me think it could work wonders with VR as well; THUS! makes me think of VR chat but with sims only and with no creepy stuff since VR chat has creepy stuff. XD

Which makes me think they should make a Sims online VR game one day and we could roleplay our character. XD
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    NOPE. If I want to play animal crossing, I'll play animal crossing.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I read the post. No.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    They won’t bring back the split screen on console but I think it could be nice to have.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,450 Member
    While I don't want it for myself, the only way I would be open to it as a strictly optional system is if EA were willing to put an additional team of devs on the project and take absolutely nothing away from regular development of Sims 4, including time, budget, or people.

Otherwise no, because we still could use a bazillion things for the main single player game and it already takes an era to make one pack.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    I am kinda impartial to this since I don't know anyone IRL that plays Sims 4. It looks fun though from what I saw in James' and DrGluon's videos.
    I hope they will not add some kind of contests between players or freemium stuff if they would make an option for multiplayer.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,433 Member
    I have no need for multi player. But if I can turn it off 100% without any drawbacks, then I don't mind if it is added for those who are interested.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    Well here are all the problems which is also in the mod... the problems that were not listed so far and will be why i say no as well.... The players will have to have the same packs, the players will have to have all the same mods, the players will have to have all the same CC... say i want to play with my two friends, this is entirely possible, we have a groupchat where we share things and links all the time... however one share her game with her brother so she cant have too many mods in it... my other friend she has a slower computer, and she doesnt use the same kind of CC as i do... i like a lot of different kinds, she wants a lot of clutter and comic things... this would mean either of us needed to get all the stuff the other had for it to work... she also doesnt have any packs beside base game which i do... so in the end i could still not play with her... or it would crash the whole game... it would be a nightmare for real regrading mods and CC and different packs... and then comes the savefile and how to play when your friends are busy... also deleting and reinstalling the games everytime becuase you needed some packs off to play with others... that would possible end up deleting and crashing the saves anyway, at least unless you are very handy with some extra computer save skills and all that... honestly there are so many simple things that could go wrong with this... also what would make sure that kids were not tempted by others online who offered to play with them so they could share extra things, and then it could turn out to be pedofiles.. trust me pedofiles and general creeps are great at sniffing up that kind of play and be tricky as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and charming to allow them into your game ...
    So it is a hard pass no from me as well.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2020
    giphy.gif[img][/img]
    giphy.gif

• Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    No
    Ei
    Non
    Nein
    Ingen
    Nee
    Nei

아니
    没有

That's ‘no’ in ten different languages.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    It was fun watching Dr Gluon and James Turner do this but I would never use it if it was part of the game. I do not know anyone in real life that plays The Sims 4. James Tuner has an earlier video from when this mod first came out. In this series they are revisiting the mod because it was updated.
    I mean my sister has the Sims 4 now, but we would rather play Animal Crossing together.

I do like when they play Minecraft and Stardew Valley together. Really good gaming duo.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i fully disagree no to multiplayer in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I think Maxis should focus on other things instead of enabling multiplayer for a 6 year old game that lacks many features because they wanted multiplayer in the first place.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    @cheescaeks

I DID NOT misunderstand your original post. But here is my issue with it. Adding multiplayer even as optional takes key and important resources away from all single player games. That in turn actually hurts the single player aspect of ALL games. Now, I am actually wanting multiple improvements made to the single player game, and adding multiplayer would destroy that.

Yes, and in addition to that, a multi-player game is only as good as the amount of players who participate.
    This will make it more likely that the single player game will be lacking in ways that make playing multi-player more enticing.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds