Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you want in a Futuristic / Time-Travel pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I don't care about a Future EP. I didn't really like it, but also didn't really hate the one in TS3.

However I think, before even thinking about releasing such niche themes, they should focus on fleshing out the base game and add the lacking stuff. (Bunk Beds, CARS etc.) So probably a Generations/Hobbies EP is what this game still needs the most imo.

Farming? Never really cared and never really got the appeal for a pack like that, but who knows, maybe it's fun? I didn't really care about horses in TS3.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I do not want a futuristic/time traveling pack at all. :s

Me neither. I wouldn't buy it. I can't imagine it bringing any gameplay or CAS/BB items that I could enjoy.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I don't care about a Future EP. I didn't really like it, but also didn't really hate the one in TS3.

However I think, before even thinking about releasing such niche themes, they should focus on fleshing out the base game and add the lacking stuff. (Bunk Beds, CARS etc.) So probably a Generations/Hobbies EP is what this game still needs the most imo.

Farming? Never really cared and never really got the appeal for a pack like that, but who knows, maybe it's fun? I didn't really care about horses in TS3.

I agree.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’d want it in the trash.
  • Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2020
    In a future pack I would love to see:

1. Earth friendly stuff like sun power, wind power, composting.
    2. Crazy bold outfits kinda inspired by the 80s.
    3. Hover board
    4. Ultra modern build and buy items like hologram.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Me neither. I wouldn't buy it. I can't imagine it bringing any gameplay or CAS/BB items that I could enjoy.

This is me... i mean i do like to build or play modern style some times... but not with very futuristic looks at all... i am more into the cozy stuff... i dont have much interest in a futuristic game pack at all... but hey if it added in some baby game play or such i would likely buy it just to have that game play...
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Me neither. I wouldn't buy it. I can't imagine it bringing any gameplay or CAS/BB items that I could enjoy.

This is me... i mean i do like to build or play modern style some times... but not with very futuristic looks at all... i am more into the cozy stuff... i dont have much interest in a futuristic game pack at all... but hey if it added in some baby game play or such i would likely buy it just to have that game play...

Oh my god, I can SO see them doing that - adding a new, revamped baby life stage and lots of gameplay for them in a stupid pack no one would buy without the baby thing. Just like the photography stuff and Moschino. I'd never have bought Moschino without the advanced photography gameplay it added. The CAS items are hideous and with all of the CC I have, I don't really use maxis BB stuff that often.

It was one of the best stuff packs with the photography stuff added though! After laundry day. I think knitting stuff will be great too. They should do community packs more often, and expand the voting to EPs and GPs. We would get so many cool features that way instead of stuff no one wants (like Stranger Ville - worst pack ever).
  • Options
    I’d want it in the trash.

haha - best comment :D
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I made a post years ago about wanting the ability to travel to Ancient Rome, London in the 1800's and New York in the 1920's, it would be cool.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If they make a future inspired EP maybe they will add some nifty gadgets, astronomy, more alien species, an entire "in space" neighbourhood with its own plants, culture, festivals, etc. Sixam is nice, but that's jut an outpost space bar.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I think Sixam City has a nice ring to it!
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Oh my god, I can SO see them doing that - adding a new, revamped baby life stage and lots of gameplay for them in a stupid pack no one would buy without the baby thing. Just like the photography stuff and Moschino. I'd never have bought Moschino without the advanced photography gameplay it added. The CAS items are hideous and with all of the CC I have, I don't really use maxis BB stuff that often.
    >
    > It was one of the best stuff packs with the photography stuff added though! After laundry day. I think knitting stuff will be great too. They should do community packs more often, and expand the voting to EPs and GPs. We would get so many cool features that way instead of stuff no one wants (like Stranger Ville - worst pack ever).(Quote)

yeah i really can see them do that... Add Baby play via a robotic dog in the future or something like that... and then you get a lot of baby interaction in just that one... and then you have to buy it to get that...

I dont have Moschino, (or Laundry though that one i do want...) I am not very interesting in Knitting, but the clothes looks cute and the rocking chair looks so pretty and i do want that so... but we can agree on the voting for sure... but i did like strangerville lmao... some of the clothes, and the mystery amuse me, plus the story idea is sort of nice even if it is only fun once... it is still a pretty cool world around... I am very easy going really ... the only packs i side eye are My first pet stuff, and Spooky Stuff... and Moschino as well in a way, i never even really considered getting that one... but is the Photo really that good?
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020
    Living on Sixam/a huge alien world would be great!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The future cube is already an object in game that got updated...how did y’all get a future pack out of that??
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Ugh. Please no. I'd much rather a medieval town, with royalty aspects sprinkled in. The future idea has been done to death and the Sims 3 iteration was just awful. No more.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    skelebee wrote: »
    Ugh. Please no. I'd much rather a medieval town, with royalty aspects sprinkled in. The future idea has been done to death and the Sims 3 iteration was just awful. No more.

Honestly, I'd like that one too.

I never played Sims 3 or Sims Medieval (though from what I gather it was less about life simulation and more about like conquering territory or something like that?), and both a space theme and a medieval themeare things I would absolutely love. I don't know what that says about me lol.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    If we do, what would you want in it?

I would like to bring back :
    • Hoverboard
    • Jetpack
    • Hibernation Chamber

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so want Time Traveling to the past & future.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd like time travel to the past but not the future. I caved in eventually and bought the Sims 3's Futuristic pack but it never clicked for me. Futuristic stuff just isn't my style.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Cyborgs...more customizable than servos..
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Simborgs/cyborgs would be a dream come true!
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Cyborgs would be cool! Maybe similar to aliens and vampires - they could have their normal sim form and their cyborg form.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Into the Future was my favorite pack in TS3 so I'd be happy to see a similar thing, but I feel like all of the stuff from ITF has already been added to this game in different ways (robots in University, portals in ROM, Eco Lifestyle seems to be bringing a lot of the indoor gardening type stuff and the utopia/dump world)
    Also if they did it in TS4 I feel like the "i want chickens and cars" crowd would whine as they always do when the Sims makes any content for different types of players (even though cars wouldn't work in a closed world but thats a topic for another day) but my biggest worry is that it wouldn't work with this game and it'd just be a cheap copy of TS3 which nobody wants. If they did it well though and brought something new I'd be really happy to see this theme return