Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    How about fixing the Famous Acting bug before the release of this new Expansion pack. This was my favorite activity to do in the game despite the lackluster pay for gigs.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I am so looking forward to the gameplay trailer and livestream. I have so many questions!

I hope the pollution in each world takes into account the possible population of the world, the way weather takes climate into account. Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow shouldn't get dirty anywhere near as fast as San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley, realistically. It would be awesome if they included that.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Interesting. Honestly would have expected it to be a game pack, but assuming it has a lot more in it for a EP it's definitely different.

May get it for the sake of just enjoying really grungy and dirty worlds are pretty bright and such with the exception of Forgotten Hollow. Guess I'll just have to see how gameplay is with it whenever they do a deep dive into it. The candle making i and ater plants on that stand/wall are pretty interesting.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    In the trailer, did I notice that death by flies is making a comeback? I sure hope so!
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Hmm, I mean it is interesting and it looks nice. But, is this an expansion? According to your website "Game Pack provides new gameplay features, new objects and new clothing based around one central theme". one central theme. This is one central theme, correct?
    I'm not even sure if I know the actual difference between game packs and expansions, anymore.
    I used to think expansion packs brought new "worlds" to play in, but it seems like game packs do that as well...

Get To Work and Seasons should be Game Packs.
    Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, and Realm of Magic should be expansions.
    I'm just so confused lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Hmm, I mean it is interesting and it looks nice. But, is this an expansion? According to your website "Game Pack provides new gameplay features, new objects and new clothing based around one central theme". one central theme. This is one central theme, correct?
    I'm not even sure if I know the actual difference between game packs and expansions, anymore.
    I used to think expansion packs brought new "worlds" to play in, but it seems like game packs do that as well...

Get To Work and Seasons should be Game Packs.
    Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, and Realm of Magic should be expansions.
    I'm just so confused lol

The community action lot - where sims will vote on what the lot is each week - is usable in all worlds.
    The pollution has been confirmed to affect all worlds (except vacation worlds and Strangerville)
    There's at least two new crafting options (candles and fizzy juice) and possibly more with upcycling, what appears to be preserves or canning, and the 3D printer.
    New crops, new collectables, new planters
    Plus new world with "Lots of lots for you lot" - quote from a Guru's tweet
    And the actual mechanics of the pollution, as well as various build buy and CAS assets.

Heck, I see more to do here than in Get Together.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Quite happy to hear this too actually! Moar toggles! XD

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Quite happy to hear this too actually! Moar toggles! XD

Oh good, that's actually nice to know.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm very excited for this pack! I wanted for years old and grimy furniture and I love the look of the new town! It looks amazing! I'm so excited to make candles as well!

I'm excited too. I was feeling like the odd one out. I love the idea of eco friendly and our sims being green. I love the tiny living pack (got it a month... month and a half ago) and I admit at first I thought it was stupid and was totally unimpressed by it. I am psyched and rarely preorder anything in Sims 4 waiting for community input on the pack that is coming out and from there I decide on whether to get it or not.

With that said I can understand where the majority of people who hate this pack based on the trailer are coming from. Sorry, EA Mai, I mean no offence but EA with the Sims 4 has had dashed our hopes and more often than not and has fallen short with the packs put out. Instead of us being wowed and feeling amazed by yet another excellent pack we get something that feels incomplete and almost there or boring or worse breaks our game when playing vanilla.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I like the idea, can't wait to get more info. So, the "baby chick" people are mentioning looks like caterpillars to me.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    no one asked for this.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    no one asked for this.

I did!!
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    no one asked for this.

I did!!

Me two!

(oh the famous "no one asked this ploy :D )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    no one asked for this.

I did!!

Me two!

(oh the famous "no one asked this ploy :D )

I'm tired of being invisible! Sorry Dumbledore, I'm returning the cloak.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I think this pack is actually pretty neat and very relevant. I was excited to see the trailer, and was not expecting this as the next EP (for better or for worse) (though I probably should have because Tiny Living). I hope that it's actually fleshed out, which is the main issue I've had with a lot of the GPs/EPs/etc. I do think Tiny Living should have been absorbed into this EP, however with the way TS4 has been since literally the beginning, I don't really feel like this is a surprise. We all know the trend right now is to release a SP that supports whatever their next EP/GP is, so *shrug*.

Candle making is neat but seems kinda random to me as something to focus on? I do think it's cool that they're expanding the 'homemade' stuff and allowing sims to start their own small businesses. It's like they took Tiny Living and the upcoming Knitting pack and meshed them together and made them bigger. Again, could the elements from this EP be split up and blended into previous EPs?? Duh. But I'm into the theme and think it's a cool story-telling opportunity. I always buy my games on sale, so to me even if it's not as cool as I think it is, I don't usually feel too cheated. I also kinda know what to expect from any TS4 expansion, so my expectations are typically based in reality.

---
    I do have to comment on all the whining that is so prevalent in sims forums though. When TS4 was spitting out dupes of TS3 packs, people were crying because they either weren't exactly the same, or because they were too similar to what they've already done. When TS4 releases packs that they have literally NOT done before, people cry because they just want more dupes of packs from previous games. The thing about buying video games is that sometimes they aren't going to call you late at night and ask about your hopes and dreams and desires and then convert your exact ideas into new games. But sometimes they *do* polls, and they literally make what the majority asked for, and then people STILL cry about it. Yes, I would *love* a Happy Haunts EP. Does it make sense for me to judge THIS EP about environmentalism against a game that literally they...didn't make...? It's like me buying ACNH and then bashing it because I wanted a game about anthropomorphic FRUITS in a shopping mall FOOD COURT but instead they gave me ANIMALS on an ISLAND.

There's nothing wrong with not liking the game. There's nothing wrong with offering constructive criticism! But bashing every single pack they come out with solely on the premise that you were hoping for a different pack is not :) cute :) anymore :)
  • Options
    amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    > @M1ss_Plumbum said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I and others did!!!!!

what people mean when they say things like this is '*I* didn't ask for this and EA works for ME and ME ONLY'. ;)
  • Options
    Lola SwannLola Swann Posts: 68 Member
    So I’ll have to say this probably won’t be one of my fave expansion packs but I’m definitely intrigued. I notice everyone keeps saying that it’s not what the community wanted but didn’t they say we were about to get different/unexpected things? I had already assumed giving us farming (i wanted it too) would be too simple. I feel we should have seen this coming. Nonetheless, I see some features I definitely want in this pack and can’t wait to try it out! :)

True. It would be nice, though, if they also gave us something different from the last two things they gave us. As several here have mentioned, Island Living and Tiny Living both have eco components.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Sure I didn't ask for this (but I don't ask for much I'm just along for the fun ride that Sims 4 is) but I am annoyed that it's the same ole theme as a few other packs...BUT....I am willing to give it at try and a chance. The stream comes out soon and those things usually sway my stupid opinion. You can't base something on thirty seconds. I heard that the pollution is supposed to affect other game maps so that should be REALLY interesting. You don't clean up there you're going to start seeing fog in all the other towns. I kind of like that concept. I do know for sure I like the candle making craft offered. My Sim is a pyro so I really need to be careful with him and that talent. I'm more than willing to give it a chance...even My First Pet got redemption with me after a while. Everyone seems like they spout off with every new pack that comes out, but yet I don't see anyone protesting by "never buying anything from them ever again" or "I'm uninstalling the game" It's all fun and just enjoy it. You didn't ask for a pack? Yeah, so did a lot of others, but a lot of others are crazy about it. It goes both ways and it doesn't mean anyone is wrong. You don't like it or think it's lame? Don't buy it! You love it and think it's amazing? Preorder it right now! You're in the middle? (like me) wait for the stream and sales. I sure didn't get the point of laundry day or university, but I will be buying them soon as money allows. Personally I love seeing my boys do new and fun animations. I still wish they put in burglars with this pack. It'd be a perfect addition to a seedy town. And you could use your cop career in Get to Work to help bust 'em if you want. Now that would be awesome!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    So if your Sim who lives in Willow Creek doesn’t “clean up the town”, then when you switch to a household in Oasis Springs, the sky will be all foggy/dirty like it is in Willow Creek? That sounds kind of annoying actually.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Soo it can happen too all worlds, I'm personally happy about this, the worlds are irritatingly perfect 😂, that explains why it's an expansion not a game pack, see told yous too wait for more info and theres still alot to come 😊
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So if your Sim who lives in Willow Creek doesn’t “clean up the town”, then when you switch to a household in Oasis Springs, the sky will be all foggy/dirty like it is in Willow Creek? That sounds kind of annoying actually.

Where did you get that info from?
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Thia is just an assumption but they said ALL ACTIONS influence the pollution.
    So I assume your actions in Willows Creek influence that climate. But if you rotate to a family in another world then there have not been any actions from your sim yet, so it is a neutral state. Once you play this family it turns positive/negative
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Maxis - the next EP is Eco Friendly.

Simmers - No! We never asked for this! We're not buying the pack! It should be a GP not an EP![enter abusive comments here].

Maxis - Pollution can affect all worlds and can be toggled on/off.

Simmers - Really? Eco Living is the best pack ever! So excited!

:D
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Maxis - the next EP is Eco Friendly.

Simmers - No! We never asked for this! We're not buying the pack! It should be a GP not an EP![enter abusive comments here].

Maxis - Pollution can affect all worlds and can be toggled on/off.

Simmers - Really? Eco Living is the best pack ever! So excited!

:D

Well it make a big different if it affects all worlds and generall gameplay. I don't like the idea of pack that gameplay is only in 1 world. Now this sound like it really expands the gameplay and adds new depth overall whit new game mechanism ( air polution)
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2020
    it seems in general
    some simmers will except anything EA dish out regardless of the packs being bare bones.
    EA have a habit of chucking in some item/feature a lot wanted,

solar panels
    ladders
    candle making

I wouldn't pay full price for this, like I didn't last year with island living either.
    looks like another GP world :#

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon