Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Ravenna wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I've just got this feeling that this is one of those things that most people are like awww naw 😂 then actually end up loving it, I was like that with laundry day, I'll be honest I was like sims community really?, it turns out accidentally I love it lol, sometimes not everything is what it seems, You'll live a happy, calm life the moment you stop comparing things and expecting things, you might find yourself accidentally enjoying things for what they are😊

This though, I stopped expecting Sims 4 to be Sims 2 or 3 4 years ago and it's been a better experience ever since lol

I respectfully disagree. Every pack I didn't think I would like turned out be correct in that judgment. Even the packs I do like eventually lose their novelty. I never expected Sims 4 to be 3 or 2, but my opinion of it overall hasn't changed since its release day... and this is despite having every pack for it thus far (yes, I pre-ordered this one too). If you ask me which packs I use for anything besides CAS items, I can't tell you because I have no idea.

As for this specific pack, well, I've never cared for "eco-life", so this pack will probably be downloaded and forgotten like the others, minus whatever I happen to like in CAS.
    Shae wrote: »
    Meh. I seriously wish it were a farming pack instead.

Stardew Valley has entered the chat.

So someone wishing for a farming pack instead earns a crummy response about Stardew? Thank god they didn't mention cars, you'd probably respond with GTA has entered the chat smh......
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    If placing the community lot in other worlds triggers pollution effects in that world then I could live with that. That way, buying this expansion wouldn't just automatically pollute all worlds. The lot would act like a toggle of sorts. But what's probably going to happen is that you place the community lot and only that lot randomly accumulates trash. Which I guess is a lot less work for Maxis. And maybe some simmers want the community lot/projects without the pollution? Fair enough, I suppose. Obviously we don't know the answers yet, I'm just speculating.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Candle crafting looks nice along with baby chickens.
  • Options
    SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    Honestly the only thing that will sell it to me is if there's a color wheel adaptation, if not, I'm not buying anything else Sims related.

They should start making these things like catalogs.
    "Hey here's some new stuff we've made, you can either purchase the entire pack, OR - if you don't find the whole thing attractive - you can now pick the objects out of it you'd like to use for a smaller price!"
    That would be awesome.

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I say this with respect but how do you know it's a story game like strangerville, all we saw is the trailer and read a blog, it doesn't say anything about it being a story, you are just assuming at this point @Evalen
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I understand what your saying but we dont know all the gameplay features and what's all in it too be expansion, people are assuming it's not got enough content, all from a trailer that lasted 1.30, lets be honest this pack really didn't stand a chance being criticized before the trailer even came out, everyone is entitled too there own opinion but I think everyone needs to calm down a bit at this point and wait until they see everything, so some people first impression of this isnt good, some love it in their first impression, that's all we really have at the moment and that's all we can really say aswell, We dont know what's all in it tbh @muze
  • Options
    lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    Did I just pre-order? Oh, yes, I did. I loved the eco-focus on Sulani - my Sims will have fun with this!

Yay, me too!! When I saw it on sale for £21.99 I just could not resist!!

Wow! I want that sale too! 😄
    I have to pay €39,99, which is about £35.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I do wish they would give us some new info every day spread out through the month instead of a trailer, a blog post and then nothing for a while
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    Candle crafting looks nice along with baby chickens.

Uh...hate to break it to you, but they're not chickens. They're grubs...
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am NOT interested in a Greta Thunberg EP. Maybe I am not EAxis' demographic target any more...
    That's too bad. I used to like this game a lot (playing since 2001). But when several packs are coming out and you have no interest in any of them (Eco Living, Nifty Knitting) that just leaves a disappointed player behind.
    I had my hopes up that the EP and GP would be farming and bands. That would have been such a great way to bundle Tiny Living. Would have been.
    Now all I can hope for is the November EP being something I'll be interested in (hint for EA/Maxis/the SimGurus: farming).
    Post edited by Erja888 on
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2020
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Ravenna wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I've just got this feeling that this is one of those things that most people are like awww naw 😂 then actually end up loving it, I was like that with laundry day, I'll be honest I was like sims community really?, it turns out accidentally I love it lol, sometimes not everything is what it seems, You'll live a happy, calm life the moment you stop comparing things and expecting things, you might find yourself accidentally enjoying things for what they are😊

This though, I stopped expecting Sims 4 to be Sims 2 or 3 4 years ago and it's been a better experience ever since lol

I respectfully disagree. Every pack I didn't think I would like turned out be correct in that judgment. Even the packs I do like eventually lose their novelty. I never expected Sims 4 to be 3 or 2, but my opinion of it overall hasn't changed since its release day... and this is despite having every pack for it thus far (yes, I pre-ordered this one too). If you ask me which packs I use for anything besides CAS items, I can't tell you because I have no idea.

As for this specific pack, well, I've never cared for "eco-life", so this pack will probably be downloaded and forgotten like the others, minus whatever I happen to like in CAS.
    Shae wrote: »
    Meh. I seriously wish it were a farming pack instead.

Stardew Valley has entered the chat.

So someone wishing for a farming pack instead earns a crummy response about Stardew? Thank god they didn't mention cars, you'd probably respond with GTA has entered the chat smh......

Do you know what a joke is?

e944c983c928fb41f0542234b84a58b9.gif

I don't like Stardew Valley either, but I'm not apologizing because my sense of humor doesn't match yours. Poor baby.

Oh, and I've wanted cars in the game for the last near six years of its existence. Want to try again or was that the best strawman you could think of?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    EmiliahsonEmiliahson Posts: 4 New Member
    I am honestly so dissapointed that this is an Expansion Pack. Would have been fine with a game pack...!
    I will not buy this but I am hoping that the ones that end up buying this enjoys it.
    I also hope that Sims sees our dissapointment in this, I can't ever remeber anyone asking for a "Eco living" Expansion pack...
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Emiliahson wrote: »
    I am honestly so dissapointed that this is an Expansion Pack. Would have been fine with a game pack...!
    I will not buy this but I am hoping that the ones that end up buying this enjoys it.
    I also hope that Sims sees our dissapointment in this, I can't ever remeber anyone asking for a "Eco living" Expansion pack...
    To be fair, no one ever "asks" for most of the packs we get. However, Laundry Day came about from community votes, so this expansion may be the first pack that "we" asked for.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 25 Member
    They could at least give us electric cars now,I mean we didn't have to worry about the fuel in previous games,and now we could charge our electric cars on our windmills...I'm desperate here :D
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Well transportation does has it's own section in the in game catalogue after university update, I seriously doubt it's only for a bike if you have uni and boats if you have island living, I think they are coming probably via patch 😄 @KTZ
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    This pack is just a lazy mish mash of recycled game items and ideas from the mod community (something that EA is always trying to block, i.e. cc) and yes the two ideas that are mod's are the candle making and solar panels, both of these are mods, the rest of this pack is just recycled from other packs, i.e. the recycling and the crafting machines, the fizzy drinks machine idea comes from TS3 wine making, death by fly’s from TS2, the whole idea of recycling and making things from scrape again TS3, inventor career.

So where is this new pack that one of those "so called guru’s" was talking about, i.e. "something new and exciting that we have never done before"? And worst of all is that EA wants use to pay for recycled content is just a money-making scam and will kill the game.

When is EA going to listen to the community and start using it brain to produce pack that not only are value for money, but help keep the game a live and if you are going to take old game pack ides and ideas from the CC community use them in an imaginative way, do not just recycle the with a glossy coat of paint and call it something new and exciting.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Emiliahson wrote: »

There are a couple of threads in the Speculation forum discussing eco-living. I'm hoping that some of the issues with living off the grid will be corrected, as well.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Sorry - bit cheeky, but I'm genuinely surprised that people don't know what a bug hotel is. In Britain it's a big thing, to put up little houses for butterflies and pollinators.

I've never heard of it (so its not that big). Wormeries are big-ish depending, but never heard of this.
  • Options
    tohodrinkytohodrinky Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="invisiblgirl;c-17489491"]

There are a couple of threads in the Speculation forum discussing eco-living. I'm hoping that some of the issues with living off the grid will be corrected, as well.[/quote]

Yes! We need more food options beyond barbacue and garden salad.
  • Options
    jmacsimmerjmacsimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    Finally!!! LADDERS!!! And new death!!! AAAAHH
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Sorry - bit cheeky, but I'm genuinely surprised that people don't know what a bug hotel is. In Britain it's a big thing, to put up little houses for butterflies and pollinators.

I've never heard of it (so its not that big). Wormeries are big-ish depending, but never heard of this.

Haha I must live in a non-bug hotel part of Britain. I had to google it to find out what they were.
  • Options
    sims4er24sims4er24 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ce9VSNsjE
    >
    > Welcome to Evergreen Harbor, the sustainable city of your dreams! Join your fellow collaborative makers and sustainability activists in The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack*, coming to PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4 on June 5, 2020! How will you play to change?
    >
    > Read the full blog here, and share your thoughts below! :smile:

Hello, I just want to say I am very Cautiously excited about this new pack, I noticed that each world would get a new community lot or will this be a trait? I frankly don't really understand all of the anger toward this particular EP (I mean we did have a vote a couple of years ago for ECO living) . but I do recognizes the valid concerns of the community about base game fixes,and I know the Sims Devs. are/have been working hard to try and fix the problems.I have been with this Franchise since the Sims came to Xbox and the Sims 2 came to PC. I can say I am on one of the few Original players. I don't like seeing this version of the Sims get dragged down by angry comments, and rudeness.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    "This should be a game pack not an expansion"
    "We wanted ______ pack instead"
    "Nobody wanted this"
    "This shouldve been in ________ pack"

Sound familiar? These comments are all from the Get Together announcement trailer, Get Together is now a fan favorite. Wait until we know more before judging
  • Options
    evelewisevelewis Posts: 17 Member
    As an avid simmer who is always too anxious and buys it day of release - this is genuinely the first time I've thought, "yeah...I'll wait for the sale." Many things intrigue me, and I love eco-living and self-sustainability personally, however this seems like it could have been a stuff pack. And honestly they've had us waiting so long without information, updates, or even any real look our way - so like what's another month?
  • Options
    tohodrinkytohodrinky Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="sims4er24;c-17489661"]

I have been with this Franchise since the Sims came to Xbox and the Sims 2 came to PC. I can say I am on one of the few Original players. I don't like seeing this version of the Sims get dragged down by angry comments, and rudeness.[/quote]

I'm not sure why you think there are so few original players. I've been playing since the Sims was originally released on PC. Not like that means anything, tho. Even people who've just picked up the game at Sims 4 can complain about if they want. There are valid concerns about how DLC has been handled for Sims 4. From what we've seen so far, Eco-Living encapsulates a lot of them (rehashing of concepts, shallow gameplay changes, etc.) The teaser trailer didn't do much to sell itself. I'm going to wait for the live stream before I write it off, but people have a right to be annoyed, no matter how long they've been playing.