Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    It should be a game pack
    With the amount of content that was shown in the trailer, it should be a game pack.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    Looks like their running low on ideas.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Not buying it
    There is no shortage of good ideas but perhaps some ideas are expensive :)
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Whelp. With the confirmation that ladders will be in a free update, my decision not to get this pack anytime soon has been solidified.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    While it does look to have some things I would like in the game, I will wait for a sale. It feels a lot like IL in which most of the things you can do can only be done in that one world.

But I do look forward to the candle making and nectar making.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Well, "I can't wait" is a bit of an exaggeration, because I always wait for the 50% off sales for expansions, no matter how excited I am, and obviously I can wait. But I am actually very interested in a lot of what I saw in the trailer. So I will most likely get it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    It should be a game pack
    I actually really like some of the aspects.

HOWEVER, this should have been a GP and the conservationist career should have been in this not IL.
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks okay
    I don't know whether I'm ready to buy it. I haven't bought a pack for a long time. The Island was the last. I might buy more if they do a good sale. I think I missed the 80% off sale they offer for game and expansion packs.

Oh wow! It's been so long since I posted here. My avatar is my first generation legacy family. So much has happened to the family since the start. Her oldest son is still around, because he wanted to become a vampire when he became a teenager. No one seems to question that strange uncle that looks like the second generation legacy founder.
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can’t wait!
    I don't know if "can't wait" is quite how I'd phrase it, but I am looking forward to it. I like the overall aesthetic of the pack and the world looks nice. I'm glad we're getting solar and wind energy again. The community gardens and new craftables look like I'll use them quite a bit. I will say I'm not a fan of the narrative of making climate change and pollution look like it's the fault of individuals or small communities when it's more so the fault of capitalism, large corporations, and animal agriculture, but greener living is still a good thing in real life and a fun option to have in game.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    I voted as I did cause I'm definitely not gonna pay full price for it, but I also lean towards this seems more like a game pack. That being said, if it comes with a big, well developed world I might be able to be persuaded on that last point.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    It should be a game pack
    This should've been a game pack, but I am buying it just for the world IF it is decently sized. I hate Del Sol Valley for this reason--representing LA, one of the biggest cities in the US; but is one tiny world in terms of lots you can actually use.

The industrial/Rust Belt type town is just what the game needs. Here's hoping that the world isn't messed up by EL gameplay features (I"m looking at you, Strangerville!), and most of the stuff pertaining to it can be bulldozed/deleted and any features pertaining to it are able to be disabled.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    It should be a game pack
    I give it a solid 2/10
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited May 2020
    I might get it in a sale
    I'll buy it in 3-6 months after launch when it goes on sale for $20. This is one pack where I have no temptation to buy it full price on launch day, which is a first with EPs for me.

Post-livestream edit: Ok, the livestream pretty much changed my mind. The pack looks so much better than the 1st trailer made it appear. I really wish they would give us trailers that are more in-depth, rather than leaving that for the livestream! So I preordered the pack using a $10 Best Buy rewards credit I had. (I still won’t say the Eco Lifestyle theme is my favorite ever, but $30 was a price I felt comfortable with for this pack.)
    Post edited by pinneduphair on
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    edited May 2020
    If it comes with... (comment)
    Honestly, I don't like EP based on concepts already in game that aren't part of the core game. I am not remotely wanting this.

That being said I own every game pack in Sims history. Part of me wants this for completion sake. I was going to buy this for ladders but turns out they're going to patched to the base game.

So if they can impress me with just one thing a remotely want I will likely buy it. But I will likely feel stupid doing so. We have 3 Eco packs. We have a story progress based world. We even have a neighborhood that improves based on our eco choices.

So I am wanting to want this. I just don't. If I can find one thing that isn't recycled, ugly, amd/or boring I am in but so far that hasn't happened.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Not buying it
    I'll take it if someone wants to give it to me, but there is always too little content, too many bugs, too many intentional annoyances, and zero replay value no matter what they come out with. It might be interesting coming from someone else, but my recent experiences with this franchise have truly killed interest and excitement for the products they put out no matter what is. In short, reality looms large.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I'm super excited that a lot of ideas from the first community stuff pack will end up existing.
    Nothing against Laundry I quite like the end result, but the fact that good concepts are not scrapped forever is encouraging.

I like a lot of what I've seen, I hope we can keep the town grungy forever with minimal downsides. The green clean version is cute but I'm much more into the dirty side of things. And vertical gardening, finally !
    Not completely sold on CAS, when they had been doing so well with normal clothes lately.

Super into crafting stuff for your house, we need more gameplay like that.
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    I would buy it if there were more gameplay to not be eco-friendly. I want some of my sims to be bad, to clash against some others. I would like for us to create chaos not just solve it... Maybe a villain gamepack could be fun?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    It should be a game pack
    I feel like the more I watch the trailer, the more nonplussed I feel.

Just...why? After all this time, we already got most of the eco stuff one way or another. Tiny Living, Off the Grid lot trait, Conservationist gameplay and career in Island Living. So from there, to still do another whole pack, why in the world would they waste an entire EP budget on it?

I'm beginning to think there's something seriously faulty in the decision process at Maxis.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I can't wait! The closer I look, the more excited I get for this. CAS and BB assets look good, the theme is appealing, and it's a less-urban-than-San Myshuno but still urban setting (It looks to be inspired by Olympia, WA, home of The Evergreen State College) . Too bad neither Britechester nor Foxbury offer degrees in Environmental Science, but you can't have everything.

People are seeing the connection to Tiny Living and to Island Living, but has anyone else pegged to the fact that there are new handicrafts, that can potentially be sold on Plopsy? Especially as the deep dives on the knitting pack have as much as told us that Plopsy will support more than just knitting sales?

I like this integration across packs, and it sounds as though Off the Grid will be getting some much desired improvements. This is coming at a great time for me, as I have a teen closing in on Young Adulthood, and a new pack gives me a new path for him moving forward - he can't just move into his big brother's loft. He needs his own thing, and this looks very promising!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I am more excited about this pack than I was University.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    I didn't vote because nope. I play sims to escape reality and this is just a big nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. Nope!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    It should be a game pack
    The fact that this pack is an EP... *sigh*
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    It should be a game pack
    its a gamepack sold at expansion price, im waiting for a sale.

or maybe i'll be lucky for once and win it in a giveaway.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I already pre ordered, I’m so excited for this pack!

I don’t see where the game pack comparison is coming from. It’s got animations for several unique objects and more to do than other expansions, a changing world and we don’t know how many lots come with it yet.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can’t wait!
    I just saw that the community shared space can exist in other worlds!! I'm over excited 😂❤