Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle?

GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
The trailer has just been released by the Sims team - what do you think from our first look?

Trailer can be found here: https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE

Update:
They have now released the new gameplay trailer found here:
https://youtu.be/A5J1BTQN-IA

Post edited by GalaxySimsGirl on

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle? 431 votes

I can’t wait!
25%
bshag4lvBreeSashaalan650111IceyJHippieMama2BlkBarbiegalrudolphaMi9shaoscarJezehbellesimm621BloosmooSuccycornflake88justChrisUkelanorbretonsimgirl1010Paigeisin5MagdaleenaliliaethMoon_Willow 108 votes
It looks okay
16%
Akl500PGreyWindBluegaylehoneypooh1267LeGardePourpreGalacticGalbandit5aelias24MaMaTwinklebirdColorist40PlayerSinger2010danacnbrettSimpatsyannBeardedgeekTiipiiJesskiluthienrisingalanmichael1cmbaker16safersaviour 71 votes
Not buying it
14%
auroraael14LufflebunnyAlexaicejaAllearsqnoftheamazoncandystormpetalotussam123jimbbqElegantblkchina1drake_mccartyalejandro15039KaeChan2089iliesmidesSk8rblazetwilight_aerithLogisitcscece15624MoonfoxNightcry 64 votes
It should be a game pack
29%
NicoleamoralCK213Frn0731windweaverwinkeljohn78IcewolfCabelle1863Omri147nicolechartrandHowGreatThouArtCamkatKrisBKethwynAlrynnIsb917asimbsimCarpbeat24PeachesnDucksAnmirlafreindlylol 127 votes
I might get it in a sale
12%
vancanuckfan86Goldmoldarjeepjeepcatalexspoom13aprilroseJueJueacrimoniousTheSpotted_Ckeekee53IrdiwenMariefoxprice83JestTruJprp83tinaestellegothprincess4everPegasysJerrelloRamblineRosestephanie132392jcp011c2 54 votes
If it comes with... (comment)
1%
YunamordarlarLaraNocturnalscoed1227SERVERFRASeashoreLiviasomewhsomechons95 8 votes

Comments

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited May 2020
    Not buying it
    Definitely not buying it. At this rate they may as well make the Happy Haunts Grim Reaper job a full on EP as well, or maybe even a whole EP dedicated to one new emotion.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Mixed feelings. I hope there’s more to it than the trailer shows us because it’s not something I’d have said would warrant an entire EP. That being said, I might be tempted by the BB/CAS options 👀
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    It should be a game pack
    This pack was a perfect opportunity for cars.. But only in my dreams.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks okay
    Personally I think it looks pretty cool but it looks like it will only be fully functional (with the actual clean-up gameplay) in the new world. CAS & BB stuff looks really nice!

Edit: @LeGardePourpre just pointed out on another thread that there is a ladder at 1:05!!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I love it! And I like that people who have been wanting post-apocalyptic dystopian worlds can have that if they want.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Not buying it
    Nothing special and just another chance to try and pull in the youngsters assuming that everyone who is young is only into eco stuff. Not a bold move from EA.

The longest running Sims game yet and this is all you get?

Oh well, TS5 will be here eventually :unamused:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It looks okay
    I can't decide...I have no idea what is going on. Any idea what the ballot thing is about?
    giphy.gif
  • PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    It should be a game pack
    All I see are recycled features from previous packs (IL beach cleaning -> city cleaning, bee house -> bughouse, some robotics again...). I've never been so NOTexcited about Sims trailer before... (Remember when IL trailer was released and we were all like O.O wow!!! good times) ...There are two things I am only mildly excited about: new world and ladders.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Haha, I'm sure you know my thoughts. 😄
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    I'm a sucker for build buy, but this is definitely a wait for sale pack. If it had been a game pack, I'd say yes right away but that would be at half the price. It just doesn't appeal to me to get right off. At all.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    It looks okay
    The gameplay items look well-done, but the whole theme feels very specific and narrow, almost not EP worthy. IMO, it looks like Strangerville, but made with EP budget.
    This might be the first EP in the franchise that doesn't really interest nor excite me. I still hope I will have a change of mind with new info coming in.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks okay
    I can't decide...I have no idea what is going on. Any idea what the ballot thing is about?

I thought it could be a community suggestions box or something similar to the community corkboard in City Living where sims can leave notes about the clean up? Not fully sure though.

Edit: Just looked at the EA website and it says that sims can vote for changes like market stalls and other community activities which seems pretty interesting.
    Post edited by GalaxySimsGirl on
  • simsplayer86simsplayer86 Posts: 33 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I saw ladders and chickens which should make some people happy! I for one am looking forward to this pack.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    muze wrote: »
    This pack was a perfect opportunity for cars.. But only in my dreams.

I think I saw some mopeds two of them. Don't know if they're ridable or objects
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    I like the style of the world, though I can't tell how big it is yet. I like the addition of ladders, as well as nose/eyebrow rings and ear plug piercings.

Not sure the gameplay looks deep enough for me to really want to get the pack, though.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2020
    I might get it in a sale
    I will buy it on sale, but it should've been a GP. I wasn't excited about the theme. And the trailer left me speechless. It's a crossover of Strangerville with Tiny Living with some additional elements thrown in. The town looks nice, which is the only reason I bought Strangerville- and for the laptops which came later anyway.

Oh and the new CAS and BB stuff also looks nice.
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    Not buying it
    I am actually in complete shock at this EP. Looks like the most boring & lackluster EP they've made thus far. This could have easily been included in an GP or even an SP. I'm incredibly disappointed with this, like really.. TS4 has really gone downhill and I don't expect it to make a comeback. I'll be patiently waiting for TS5.
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    It looks okay
    It looks alright but should have been a game pack
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    Not buying it
    Disappointed. The trailer shows a narrative close to Strangerville, and I wasn't fond of this pack. The world is not my cup of tea either, even when it's "clean". For now it's a "not buying it". Maybe it'll change to "buying it on sale" with the full reveal (cas, build mode etc.) but I'm not convinced.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I think it looks like a lot of fun, and I am excited to buy it. The BB and CAS assets look great! It looks like death by flies could possibly make a return? And, we have the opportunity for our sims to impact their environment like the conservation career in Island Living, which I love. I am looking forward to more info as release date gets closer.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I'm sold. I've been fighting this fight IRL for a long time now. Nice to have a place I can win, even if only for pretend.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    I can’t wait!
    aiex wrote: »
    I am actually in complete shock at this EP. Looks like the most boring & lackluster EP they've made thus far. This could have easily been included in an GP or even an SP. I'm incredibly disappointed with this, like really.. TS4 has really gone downhill and I don't expect it to make a comeback. I'll be patiently waiting for TS5.

Me too. But in the meantime I'll enjoy this new pack and all to follow.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    Meh. Island Living 2.0.