Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living.. seriously?!

Comments

• Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I personally think it looked funnier than i expected. And i love how it seems like it will go back to waste if we dont clean it up enough, or dont vote, since then it will be used as garbage disposal sites... i am not sure i will buy it for full price, but there are a lot of things i do think i will find cool building with...
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    It's not chickens, it's compost with worms, giant worms at that.
    EdithV wrote: »
    Are those chicks it or can’t rhet be full sized?

they are bugs ;-;

I don’t know what you mean? You keep saying it but I don’t get it

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It's not chickens, it's compost with worms, giant worms at that.
    Are those chicks it or can’t rhet be full sized?

they are bugs ;-;

I don’t know what you mean? You keep saying it but I don’t get it

I watched it back and I see it now. Chickens were the only thing I liked
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    I like the... CAS... I think...

:neutral:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SimsBro wrote: »
    Funny how I'm far more interested about playing in the garbage town version of the world than actually improving it to green since that's at least somewhat different from all other Sims 4 worlds when it comes to atmosphere.

Did find the EP trailer rather boring, though, and it really didn't seem to have enough content for an EP feature wise.

The worst part is we only get 2 EPs/year so there goes the first one...

To be honest I do think that a lot of players would rather something more gritty for our Sims.

Dystopian did seem to be the most interesting mode for Oasis Landing in ITTF
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I thought they were chicks or something but they're bugs? They're huge, I feel like I'm going to puke.

If I do eventually get this pack when it goes on sale I'm keeping it polluted. Sims have things far too easy, everything is vibrant and lush and I'm happy sims can die by flies again. I think the clothes they showcased will work well for the popular rags to riches challenge but I'm afraid the pack won't have much replayability.
  • Options
    They're giant !!
    i4dUSg7.png
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    I thought they were chicks or something but they're bugs? They're huge, I feel like I'm going to puke.

If I do eventually get this pack when it goes on sale I'm keeping it polluted. Sims have things far too easy, everything is vibrant and lush and I'm happy sims can die by flies again. I think the clothes they showcased will work well for the popular rags to riches challenge but I'm afraid the pack won't have much replayability.

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeally hope we can somehow add those polluted looking objects everywhere. I want run down gunk and pollution in more worlds! Everything gets a bit too bright and cheery with this game. I still think I need more specific information about how this packs works. It's reading as another game pack priced as an expansion just like Island Living as of now! :(
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Pff! I'd rather have Smart Personalities Living than this trash (yup, word play).
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Is that how Sims hug the hamsters? Who hugs worms?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I would if it wouldn't hurt them...? (And yes, my family thinks I'm a bit odd. My sister gets it though! She sends me west-coast grub pictures.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeally hope we can somehow add those polluted looking objects everywhere. I want run down gunk and pollution in more worlds! Everything gets a bit too bright and cheery with this game. I still think I need more specific information about how this packs works. It's reading as another game pack priced as an expansion just like Island Living as of now! :(

Pretty sure the pollution aspects will only be included in the new world they're giving us.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I would if it wouldn't hurt them...? (And yes, my family thinks I'm a bit odd. My sister gets it though! She sends me west-coast grub pictures.)

Good for you. My comment was poking fun at the animation being recycled but thanks for your little tidbit. You can send her pics of your sim hugging them in the game.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I think they tried to give a little of some of the things that were asked for but were not voted high enough to win, candle making for one looks awesome and you do have baby chickens, many asked for animals (maybe there will be more later you never know with Sims) I personally will be at least giving it a chance before I complain about it and no I was not happy at first until I watched the video. It's like Dystopia if you chose that type from the future in Sims 3. Sims casting ballots, especially sims you cannot control, who knows what would be voted for it could be fun. I would have rather it be a smaller pack, but I am excited to see what they did with it before I complain about it, after all, they did say they were doing something they had not done before, just because none of us guessed right doesnt mean we should truly judge it before you know more about it, or play it, whichever you choose.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't know what to think. It didn't look as fun as I thought. I liked the candle making, though.
    Raising maggots? Yikes. There are two things I I can't deal with and those are spiders and maggots. :#
    I'm gonna buy the pack anyway whether I Ilke it or not, hopefully it will be more entertaining than it looks.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't know what to think. It didn't look as fun as I thought. I liked the candle making, though.
    Raising maggots? Yikes. There are two things I I can't deal with and those are spiders and maggots. :#
    I'm gonna buy the pack anyway whether Ilke it or not, hopefully it will be more entertaining than it looks.

I did not see maggots, I did however see baby chickens
  • Options
    Maggots and, based on the origin preorder page screen caps, something that looks like crickets.
    I'm gonna buy the pack anyway whether I Ilke it or not, hopefully it will be more entertaining than it looks.

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I'm gonna buy the pack anyway whether Ilke it or not, hopefully it will be more entertaining than it looks.

I hope you're right and they are chickens, but to me the guy looked like holding a giant maggot. Lol, never thought I can't tell the diffrence between them, but Sims graphics can be confusing sometimes. :D
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    What a joke. They're really dedicating an entire EP to this nonsense?? And the fact that it's more episodic gameplay like Strangerville means there's little to no replay-ability. Disappointing.
  • Options
    Definitely worms.

i4dUSg7.png

I hope you're right and they are chickens, but to me the guy looked like holding a giant maggot. Lol, never thought I can't tell the diffrence between them, but Sims graphics can be confusing sometimes. :D

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I did not see maggots, I did however see baby chickens maggots.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @SimsBro wrote: »
    Funny how I'm far more interested about playing in the garbage town version of the world than actually improving it to green since that's at least somewhat different from all other Sims 4 worlds when it comes to atmosphere.

Did find the EP trailer rather boring, though, and it really didn't seem to have enough content for an EP feature wise.

The worst part is we only get 2 EPs/year so there goes the first one...

To be honest I do think that a lot of players would rather something more gritty for our Sims.

Dystopian did seem to be the most interesting mode for Oasis Landing in ITTF
    It was my favorite mode.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I would play with bugs as a kid myself, so I get it. Earthworms can be cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    There's an insect farm confirmed.

Eta that bug thing is an insect farm
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    You WILL hug the fat grub raised on compost and you WILL enjoy it.