Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living.. seriously?!

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If they're compost worms, then I'm guessing you can put compost on your gardens to make them better.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Don’t speak to soon, we might love it! Also just because it’s called eco living and not like farming stuff or county living, doesn’t mean we won’t get some of the stuff we want.

I agree! Farming and eco-living can actually go hand in hand. Maybe not as big as farms but they could introduce smallholding. We might get gameplay that will help our Sims be more self sufficient. :smile:

So had my hopes up but a little disappointed now :(
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I never hoped for much because the gamers have to work from home. Also, there hasn't been a great world since Windenburg & Brindleton Bay.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    "Ready for your sims to impact their world? Move into a community of fellow collaborative makers in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack! Play to change and make a difference in the new world Evergreen Harbor..." Seems like most of the new content will be catered to this new world.. BLEGH!

Absolutely could not agree more, and would like to point out that this kind of "expansion" caters only to ONE kind of personality for your Sims (not that they have much personality). Really, your Sim needs to be a socially conscious extrovert achiever in order to benefit from this style of gameplay. So I guess, that's fine, since all our Sims are the same now anyway. But for those of us who liked it when we could create loner sims and shy sims and grumpy sims and sims who didn't give a fig about their neighbors--for those of us who found it FUN to have DIFFERENT kinds of personalities--this expansion is incredibly limited.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »
    "Ready for your sims to impact their world? Move into a community of fellow collaborative makers in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack! Play to change and make a difference in the new world Evergreen Harbor..." Seems like most of the new content will be catered to this new world.. BLEGH!

Absolutely could not agree more, and would like to point out that this kind of "expansion" caters only to ONE kind of personality for your Sims (not that they have much personality). Really, your Sim needs to be a socially conscious extrovert achiever in order to benefit from this style of gameplay. So I guess, that's fine, since all our Sims are the same now anyway. But for those of us who liked it when we could create loner sims and shy sims and grumpy sims and sims who didn't give a fig about their neighbors--for those of us who found it FUN to have DIFFERENT kinds of personalities--this expansion is incredibly limited.
    Yep pack for our not quarantined Sims, I am so excited.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    mika wrote: »
    The folks who wanted laundry day are the folks who wanted this...

Agreed. And since laundry day is such a successful and popular pack it makes sense they'd make this too.

Lol, if you say so.....
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People compare it to Island Living and Tiny Living, but it's ridiculous. Ecology was only lightly touched upon in Island Living. In fact if not for Mermaids and a full-size World it might have been a Game Pack. Off The Grid was introduced but will be Base-Game. Tiny Living was only a Stuff Pack, based around smaller things that ultimately took up the same space anyway (although the Murphy Bed makes for bed and couch at once). Tiny Lots were free updates - Ladders will help you make tiny lots even smaller! Strangerville involved you changing the world, but it wasn't really something you'd bother to do twice and there was no story bejond "Weird stuff, find the source".

With things like Solar and Wind power, I feel like Eco-Lifestyle is going to be big on crafting (as is Nifty Knitting), and take these lightly-touched enviromental and world-changing ideas and go to town (Vancouver) with them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    This is so annoying. Especially after getting my hopes up and seeing the “country living leak,” and now we get... this. I could see them adding farm animals into this pack but I’m sure they’ll be poorly done because that doesn’t seem to be the main focus of this pack. It’s so disappointing... i’ve definitely lost all of my faith
    Tay-way654 wrote: »
    This is so annoying. Especially after getting my hopes up and seeing the “country living leak,” and now we get... this. I could see them adding farm animals into this pack but I’m sure they’ll be poorly done because that doesn’t seem to be the main focus of this pack. It’s so disappointing... i’ve definitely lost all of my faith
    Don't give up hope. Doesn't seem like Gurus will be ending the Sims 4 soon, so still a chance a farm pack to be made. Plus there are still a GP and EPs in the works too in the next 6 months.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I don't know what to think. It didn't look as fun as I thought. I liked the candle making, though.
    Raising maggots? Yikes. There are two things I I can't deal with and those are spiders and maggots. :#
    I'm gonna buy the pack anyway whether Ilke it or not, hopefully it will be more entertaining than it looks.

I did not see maggots, I did however see baby chickens

I hope you're right and they are chickens, but to me the guy looked like holding a giant maggot. Lol, never thought I can't tell the diffrence between them, but Sims graphics can be confusing sometimes. :D

its a bug
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I was happy that it included chickens, I would have bought it for that alone.

But no. They’re “worms” (tell me that doesn’t look phallic to you). With a recycled First Pet animation.

I’m more angry about this pack by the hour.
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Don't give up hope. Doesn't seem like Gurus will be ending the Sims 4 soon, so still a chance a farm pack to be made. Plus there are still a GP and EPs in the works too in the next 6 months.

I’m just nervous because when I think of a farming pack I can’t imagine it being done well unless it’s an ep. so I’m nervous that we might get a half efforted gp. I feel like there are just way too many aspects of farming tht it can only be done properly if it is in a large pack. I really really really hope we get at the very least a frekin horse
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Lol! Can never please this community!

I for one am wayy more into an eco pack than “country living” - whatever that means? And tbh, they owe us on the eco theme after doing us dirty with laundry day way back (not that it turned out bad, but what does washing machines have to do with an eco lifestyle?)..

That wasn’t their fault really. The community voted for laundry. I guess you can say they did add the option.
    LiELF wrote: »
    People were definitely asking for at least an Eco Living game pack after the Laundry stuff pack vote and there were several threads full of feedback for it. I even saw some people bringing it up fairly recently that we never got Eco stuff because the devs had said at the time that all themes were never off the table and always had a possibility of being worked into the game in a future pack.

Well, welcome to the future. People asked, devs are delivering. It may not be my own cup of tea, (ooh, tea! Want!) but I know it was in demand by many others and I think they deserve to have this pack, even if I don't care for it.

You are right. I don’t think people expected a whole expansion on it. I didn’t think it was even worthy of a game pack but I would have felt better if it was. We already have some ecoish stuff in the game.

I mean geez we still don’t have dancing face to face, an attraction system, cars(which I don’t care much about), pool party event, Etc... I wish they would address the basics before trying to make us pay for their lackluster IL off the grid mistake.
    edited May 2020

I’m just nervous because when I think of a farming pack I can’t imagine it being done well unless it’s an ep. so I’m nervous that we might get a half efforted gp. I feel like there are just way too many aspects of farming tht it can only be done properly if it is in a large pack. I really really really hope we get at the very least a frekin horse
    Thankfully this pack has some farming elements to it then. Farming is a really big theme so I think it is going to take a few packs to implement it fully especially with how much smaller Sims 4 packs are with gameplay. I would love horses and llamas and unicorns myself.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    People were definitely asking for at least an Eco Living game pack after the Laundry stuff pack vote and there were several threads full of feedback for it. I even saw some people bringing it up fairly recently that we never got Eco stuff because the devs had said at the time that all themes were never off the table and always had a possibility of being worked into the game in a future pack.

Well, welcome to the future. People asked, devs are delivering. It may not be my own cup of tea, (ooh, tea! Want!) but I know it was in demand by many others and I think they deserve to have this pack, even if I don't care for it.

You are right. I don’t think people expected a whole expansion on it. I didn’t think it was even worthy of a game pack but I would have felt better if it was. We already have some ecoish stuff in the game.

I mean geez we still don’t have dancing face to face, an attraction system, cars(which I don’t care much about), pool party event, Etc... I wish they would address the basics before trying to make us pay for their lackluster IL off the grid mistake.
    Off the grid lot trait didn't come with Island Living, it came in a patch so base game players can enjoy it too.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I don't know what to think. It didn't look as fun as I thought. I liked the candle making, though.
    Raising maggots? Yikes. There are two things I I can't deal with and those are spiders and maggots. :#
    I'm gonna buy the pack anyway whether Ilke it or not, hopefully it will be more entertaining than it looks.

I did not see maggots, I did however see baby chickens maggots.

Ewww looking back that is no chicken, ewww
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Thankfully this pack has some farming elements to it then. Farming is a really big theme so I think it is going to take a few packs to implement it fully especially with how much smaller Sims 4 packs are with gameplay. I would love horses and llamas and unicorns myself.

Candle making, canning - not sure if just drinks or also food - insects, more harvestables and some furnishing/clothes making are included in this EP. When pressed, I see players saying that when they say farming what they are thinking is more along the lines of homesteading than large scale agricultural farming. So other than animals, what else is left to add for farming? Other than a completely rural world please!
    For me personally all I can think of to add is animals. It's unlikely that Sims would add taking your animals off for slaughter, which leaves wool gathering, eggs, milking. Sounds GP size to be honest. Really detailed honing in on one aspect.
    CelSims wrote: »

Candle making, canning - not sure if just drinks or also food - insects, more harvestables and some furnishing/clothes making are included in this EP. When pressed, I see players saying that when they say farming what they are thinking is more along the lines of homesteading than large scale agricultural farming. So other than animals, what else is left to add for farming? Other than a completely rural world please!
    For me personally all I can think of to add is animals. It's unlikely that Sims would add taking your animals off for slaughter, which leaves wool gathering, eggs, milking. Sounds GP size to be honest. Really detailed honing in on one aspect.
    I kind of hope if we do get a farm pack, it is medieval themed. I loved world history and just learning about the life of a serf was so interesting.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

I suppose it would leave animals and products like eggs and butter plus added other "country living" things, like fairs? Horse riding might end up more likely. I think that anything with new animal meshes and new animal animation on that scale would need an EP budget, plus we'd really want a full world, and multi-neighbourhood worlds all seem to be EPs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    keekee53 wrote: »

Off the grid lot trait didn't come with Island Living, it came in a patch so base game players can enjoy it too.

my bad I could have sworn it came with Island Living.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’ve officially given up on TS4. Eco Living, are we actually serious?! Has ANYBODY asked for this? How difficult is it to read over forum posts and implement suggestions that are actually wanted? Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I feel like a lot of users get their hopes up only to be let down when a new pack is announced.

Actually, I asked for THIS eco living pack. And a lot of other people did back when voting for Community Stuff Pack 1.

Chill a bit, all right?

You guys must understand that pack takes like forever to develop. You also must understand that not everyone wants the same.

And YES we will get horses and farming eventually. Probably this year even. Just wait and see for yourself.

WHAT proof do you have that we will?!

I’m just thinking like a capitalist. If the demand is high we will get it.

Why would EA and the devs put energy in developing content that nobody wants? And why wouldn’t they spend energy on things that the majority wants?

...Actually they have done that time and time again....but I like that you are thinking positive, I myself cannot think it anymore lol! But more power to ya <3

I haven't seen a single pack or item released yet that nobody wanted?

Strangerville? Tiny Living? MY FIRST PET STUFF!

I love both Strangerville and Tiny Living. MFPS is just okay. You can't say 'nobody' wants something just because you didn't. Even if there are many complaints, it still does not = nobody.

I believe I corrected myself a few replies back. I misspoke it’s not no body but most people.

You can't even say most people. That's still an assumption. MFPS sold really well, for example. There's just an extremely loud minority here on the forums that blows things out of proportion and makes it seem bigger than it is.

..Don’t think I need to prove to you a major part of this community hates MFPS...

But let’s agree to disagree.

Myself and many others are always policed when we comment negative about this game.

So I can’t win with anyone.

We don't disagree. We agree: Loud minority, lol.

The question was whether anybody wanted it or not. Liking the pack is another thing entirely.

Anywho, it's never good to make the statement that all or most people didn't want a pack just because of the response on social media. The same goes for Eco Living. Eco was highly requested and I suspect it will also be a good seller. Only time will tell how well-liked it is, though.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    How many players are angry about Eco living but will still end up buying the pack??
    EA knows exactly what they are doing... starving us for content then releasing packs with recycled animations and junk for new gameplay. The game will never be great. They need to work on the core basics like family trees, relationships, reactions and traits. I wish they would release a pack with those improvements, Id definitely buy that. (We all know its not going to be patched in!)
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    I agree the sims mobile is getting bunk beds before us :(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Missimay94 wrote: »
    I agree the sims mobile is getting bunk beds before us :(

wait WHAT!? :( wow...I really am starting to think they devote everything to the mobile version.