Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living.. seriously?!

I’ve officially given up on TS4. Eco Living, are we actually serious?! Has ANYBODY asked for this? How difficult is it to read over forum posts and implement suggestions that are actually wanted? Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I feel like a lot of users get their hopes up only to be let down when a new pack is announced.

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t mind it if it is well designed. Island living eco beach career is a joke. Hope this is not like that.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t mind it if it is well designed. Island living eco beach career is a joke. Hope this is not like that.
    Knowing the team and how they've done in the past...get ready it will be like that...sorry not sorry ;-;
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    If that is what most people wanted and voted for, then you need to be upset with people, not EA. They are just making business.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    "Ready for your sims to impact their world? Move into a community of fellow collaborative makers in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack! Play to change and make a difference in the new world Evergreen Harbor..." Seems like most of the new content will be catered to this new world.. BLEGH!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Considering the number of people who complained and still do that Laundry Day wasn't the Eco Living theme they originally voted for, yeah, plenty of people asked for this.

Since this has been in the works for a long time, I'm guessing it was created in response to that, rather than what people are asking for *now* (when it comes to themes, not core game improvements or changes).
  • Options
    Considering the number of people who complained and still do that Laundry Day wasn't the Eco Living theme they originally voted for, yeah, plenty of people asked for this.

Since this has been in the works for a long time, I'm guessing it was created in response to that, rather than what people are asking for *now* (when it comes to themes, not core game improvements or changes).

I personally feel as though the people that voted for Eco Living had some aspects of farming in mind.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    Icewolf wrote: »
    But... I really wanted the Country Living expansion pack to be real... :'(

I know a lot of people wanted eco living back when we all voted for our first stuff pack. But as an expansion pack??? It doesn't really feel like there's gonna be a whole lot of fun gameplay around eco living. Oh well, let's see the trailer tomorrow. But I will remain really doubtful.

Are you telling me a lot of people voted for eco living? WHEN?! I do not recall.. The amount of people that wanted a farming pack was insane! The pack description looks extremely underwhelming as well.

Yup. I don't remember all the things you could vote for other than eco living and laundry though. A lot of people wanted eco living and were mad when laundry won. I voted for laundry, lol. And yeah, I also wanted a farming pack. That is something we've never got in the Sims franchise. And yes I agree. The description made me think of Island Living. Make changes and see changes to the world. Which will probably be as underwhelming as it was in Island Living...
  • Options

I personally feel as though the people that voted for Eco Living had some aspects of farming in mind.

Which might still be in some way implemented in the pack. Maybe bigger scale produce, animals, markets, canning, jam making etc. All of that fits the theme. We'll know tomorrow, I guess.

There were also people looking for things like solar panels, improvements to the Off The Grid lot trait, more items that work on lots with that trait etc. Maybe they weren't as vocal as those looking for big scale farming (with tractors and other machinery) but they're around.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    If this is an EP, I would say that having eco living gameplay is probably a minor part of the EP. I reckon that it could probably the farming pack, in which it focus on nature, energy saving, etc.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    But... I really wanted the Country Living expansion pack to be real... :'(

I know a lot of people wanted eco living back when we all voted for our first stuff pack. But as an expansion pack??? It doesn't really feel like there's gonna be a whole lot of fun gameplay around eco living. Oh well, let's see the trailer tomorrow. But I will remain really doubtful.

Are you telling me a lot of people voted for eco living? WHEN?! I do not recall.. The amount of people that wanted a farming pack was insane! The pack description looks extremely underwhelming as well.

Yup. I don't remember all the things you could vote for other than eco living and laundry though. A lot of people wanted eco living and were mad when laundry won. I voted for laundry, lol. And yeah, I also wanted a farming pack. That is something we've never got in the Sims franchise. And yes I agree. The description made me think of Island Living. Make changes and see changes to the world. Which will probably be as underwhelming as it was in Island Living...

For me when I think of Eco Living I do envision some kind of farming aspects.. like, we all wanted more animal types so badly. Had they actually added horses and potentially other barn animals like pigs, cows, goats, etc., this pack could've potentially been their most successful.
  • Options
    xamira99 wrote: »
    If this is an EP, I would say that having eco living gameplay is probably a minor part of the EP. I reckon that it could probably the farming pack, in which it focus on nature, energy saving, etc.

Strange that they didn't include animals in the pack description, though..
  • Options

Which might still be in some way implemented in the pack. Maybe bigger scale produce, animals, markets, canning, jam making etc. All of that fits the theme. We'll know tomorrow, I guess.

There were also people looking for things like solar panels, improvements to the Off The Grid lot trait, more items that work on lots with that trait etc. Maybe they weren't as vocal as those looking for big scale farming (with tractors and other machinery) but they're around.

I'm not trying to come off as negative but I have a very strong feeling that this pack will have NO new animals in it.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    And it is a Harbor town. Don’t we have Brindelton bay already ? Sigh. I want a mountainous town.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've asked for that. hehe I'm SUPER HAPPY.

@Icewolf what makes you think it doesn't have farms? You all know that eco life and farming are related to eachother, right?!

@jimbbq the only thing I've seen so far was a gif with a huge mountain in the back. Where did you saw its a harbor town?

@aiex did you know we already have horse interaction codes inside the game?! We are getting at least a horse.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm not trying to come off as negative
    You come off as extremely negative :) I feel tempted to say that if you keep having high expectations, you'll keep getting disappointed. The Sims 4 packs were never gift fests on par with those for Sims 3.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

Whereabout you read that? :# I've thought that we'll be getting the trailer only by tomorrow.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm confused. What did I miss?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options

I'm not trying to come off as negative but I have a very strong feeling that this pack will have NO new animals in it.

Maybe. And maybe it'll solve the mystery of the bunches of mentions of horses that people found last year in the game code. It would make sense.
    (I'm not blindly optimistic, btw. I'm just riffing about what might be in the pack other than windmills. we'll know in just under a day. mostly, I'm just curious.)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have heard a lot of people ask for this.

I think I'm equally interested in eco and country. I think either would be great and a pack I will buy, in a bundle,but neither were at the top of my wishlist. (I'd prefer a generations theme ) . But yeah I don't have a preference between eco/country at this point.

• Options

Whereabout you read that? :# I've thought that we'll be getting the trailer only by tomorrow.

Apparently EA accidentally leaked this description 24 hrs before it was supposed to come out.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I think this could be really amazing! I guess I'm in the minority. :)