Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation next EP country living ?

https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/04/speculation-the-sims-4s-9th-expansion-pack-is-country-livin/

That would be quite nice. I hope they bring in owls in the game :) chickens are pretty cool too. A proper animal farm would be fab!! Are you excited ?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Can't wait to find out more! :smiley:
  • Options
    Merricat94Merricat94 Posts: 46 Member
    Me, super excited to get City Living: OMG Country Living !!

Lol for real I think it would be really neat, some cool bb objects and farm animals. Like a farming career would be really cool I think!
  • Options
    I hope we get farm animals and a farmer's market or festival.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope we get horses and nectar making! And bb can be really nice too!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Oh nectar making ! I miss world adventures :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I would love this, personally.

Farm gameplay could add a ton of replayability and lots of new goals for us to work towards. Aside from everything farming/ranching could provide from an EP, it could also give those off-the-grid-wanting players loads of new ways to play.

Of course, like anything else TS4-related, I'm not getting my hopes up. But if it is a farming EP, they are sitting on a ton of potential.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's one many of us have been begging for, so if it's true, there will be a lot of happy simmers out there! (Myself included)
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yes yes yes yes!
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Island living .... has barely any new gameplay. Oh no please don’t do another island living !! A mountainous neighbourhood would be great.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    If this ends up being real, I'll be living for this. There's so much I want out of this pack, but getting even some of them would be great. Please be better than Island Living. Please be better than Island Living. Please, don't lower the bar even more.
    • I want to take care of cows, chickens, pigs, goats, sheep, peacocks, silk worms, dragons, horses and more. And I don't want a repeat of the familiars; I want to form bonds with them. Maybe they can breed, too. And even kept inside houses, if you want to be crazy.
    • Gardening/crop overhaul.
    • Cooking overhaul, with more quality tiers and more dependence on fresh ingredients.
    • Baking contests and country fairs.
    • Nectar-making, with varying levels of quality and different brands.
    • If we get horses, I want the ability to train for horse-racing competitions. If we don't get horses, maybe contests that judge livestock?
    • Imagine a cute little town square, where everyone can gather for events. Oh, I would love that.
    • Please be better than Island Living.

If they tackle every point on this list, I'd probably pay full price for the first time in years. :lol:
  • Options
    The last time I got a sims 4 EP on day one was get to work all because of the retail. Ah the disappointment ! Lol
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I want:
    • ladders
    • livestock
    • food preservation
    • nectar-making
    • wells and solar panels (off the grid living)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    For me to actually care about this pack it needs to have
    - Horses
    - A county fair with animal contests, crafting and cooking contests, and a carnival midway. Carnival Rides, Rodeo shows, and maybe a Demolition Derby would be a plus. (I'd only expect these to be rabbit holes)
    - Thorough integration with previous packs. Especially Seasons and the Calendar. No having events just show up as a pop-up on the notification feed. They need to be on the calendar as well.
  • Options
    slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    edited May 2020
    First off I wanna say Target needs to be a little better at not putting these ep's in there system before the companies announce their games. I feel like this could get Target in a lot of trouble. Secondly I hope that if it is Country Living any farm animals do not take up a family space like cats and dogs. I definitely need lots for fields at the very least. My gardens already tend to take up half my lots.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Yeah, me too!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Meh. No huge interest for me. I'll likely get it on sale.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    TBH, it's not one of the packs that I want to have, but the more I read about it, it seems like a fun pack to have for this series. It reminds me a lot when I had fun playing the Harvest Moon alongside with my favourite game, the FFVII.

If this is happening, it's one of the packs that actually complimenting a lot of other packs that we have for the time being.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Apparently nobody here has actually lived on or stayed a summer on a farm...its alot of work but could be fun sim style I guess :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    First off I wanna say Target needs to be a little better at not putting these ep's in there system before the companies announce their games. I feel like this could get Target in a lot of trouble. Secondly I hope that if it is Country Living any farm animals do not take up a family space like cats and dogs. I definitely need lots for fields at the very least. My gardens already tend to take up half my lots.

Hm, made me thinking. What if the farm animals are on a different lot, but that a sim can own that lot and go there to tend animals and crops? That way the number of animals would not interfer with the 8 household members.

Basically - if we get chicken my sim wants 10 of them, not just 1 or 2. Or pigs, or cheep, I want minimum 5 of those. So I hope animals will not be household members at all, but rather a "fenced in plot" containing up to a certain possible number (if treatened well), and then we can simply add more plots if we want more of that animal. I don't expect farm animals to wander about freely on the lot, perhaps a horse would be an exception, but would then need to count as a pet.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I don't expect farm animals to wander about freely on the lot, perhaps a horse would be an exception, but would then need to count as a pet.

I would love if animals could roam freely on the lot, just not in the neighbourhod. But they will probably be tied to their pens like in TS3.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    First off I wanna say Target needs to be a little better at not putting these ep's in there system before the companies announce their games. I feel like this could get Target in a lot of trouble.

Why wouldn’t they put the name? It’s part of preparing to have it in inventory for when it’s ready to be sold. Retailers always have to be in the know. Target merely trust their employees not to leak, and if they find out, employees would get in trouble, not target.

EA announced their EA Play thing for June, and they’ve been releasing packs closer to the dates they announce them. So probably about 2-3 weeks after it’s announced it’ll be released
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    First off I wanna say Target needs to be a little better at not putting these ep's in there system before the companies announce their games. I feel like this could get Target in a lot of trouble.

Why wouldn’t they put the name? It’s part of preparing to have it in inventory for when it’s ready to be sold. Retailers always have to be in the know. Target merely trust their employees not to leak, and if they find out, employees would get in trouble, not target.

EA announced their EA Play thing for June, and they’ve been releasing packs closer to the dates they announce them. So probably about 2-3 weeks after it’s announced it’ll be released

I meant that since EA hasn't even announced the next EP there is no reason for Target to send that into there system so any employee can have access to it. I would think most game developers would take a leak very seriously, especially the same retailer letting it happen twice. If it hasn't been officially announced there's no need to send it to all the stores. They won't need to have it in all the stores inventory for some time.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I think a lot of this stuff is a planned pr stunt like most things are. EA likely releases the stock info at a time when they don’t care if somebody “leaks it” in order to generate interest for an upcoming trailer 😜 This kind of stuff is the new trailer for a trailer.
  • Options
    I think a lot of this stuff is a planned pr stunt like most things are. EA likely releases the stock info at a time when they don’t care if somebody “leaks it” in order to generate interest for an upcoming trailer 😜 This kind of stuff is the new trailer for a trailer.
    Thats makes since.