Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation next EP country living ?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    momboqueen wrote: »
    Apparently nobody here has actually lived on or stayed a summer on a farm...its alot of work but could be fun sim style I guess :)

Yeah, growing up I had poor relatives who were farmers. They were the last house in their county to get indoor plumbing. I had to use an outhouse and a bed pan when I was there. Plus everything smelled like animal poop. Not super glamorous in my opinion!

I really hope it has animals and isn't just crops. And actually, "Country Living" is no guarantee of farming. It could be other aspects of living in the country. It would be really fun, though, if we could have farm animal pets. I would love that.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    Apparently nobody here has actually lived on or stayed a summer on a farm...its alot of work but could be fun sim style I guess :)

Pretty much born & raised. Also on a lesser scale ( just horses & chickens) with my own kids growing up. Now retired and having to live in town so would absolutely love to have this for my sims. If its actually farming that is and not just a nice little house in the country type theme. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Thanks for the link to the article.
    I think this pack could be interesting but it is definitely not high on my list. It all depends on the features included but I will probably wait for a sale or bundle.
  • Snow_WitchSnow_Witch Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love Solar panels not 9npy for the country life, but also to buy for regular household and reduce the electric bill 😉 that would be cool
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully they set it up so you can raise animals to sell for meat not just go more gardening collecting eggs and milking cows do it all or not at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Having farm animals are kinda cool, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hard work for the Sims. I wonder how they're going to incorporate this in the game. Are these animals are going to be part of the household, or just like the crops?

More than anything, I really hope that they could upgrade the existing crops (give more detailed features) too & add in more interesting crops like corns, cottons, wheats, etc.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Hmmm I’m not excited off the bat ngl, I need more info...

I was getting into the idea of a balls to the wall farming pack, so if we don’t get all the farm animals I’m gonna be disapointed now.. Horses would be cute, but I want cows, pigs and chickens more lol Omg, the worst thing would be if farming was restricted to an active career... 🙈

Luckily it’s a great opportunity to add some actual off the grid items and gameplay in terms off the BB, coz we have tons of “countryside” style furniture already..
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    If it's really a Farming/Country living pack I hope there'll be more animals than just horses. Personally not a horse person. Would be fun to be able to collect eggs from hens, milking cows and cutting sheep wool to make yarn for the knitting pack for they who buys that pack and so on!. I'm actually pretty excited about this! Way more than I thought I'd be!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Farm animals most problably would be restricted to the country world but i'ld love to raise a pig in a San Myshuno's apartment 😂 yeah, i want to be that neighbour.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Farm animals most problably would be restricted to the country world but i'ld love to raise a pig in a San Myshuno's apartment 😂 yeah, i want to be that neighbour.

A rooster on the balcony would be nice too. :smiley:
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I hope that if it is Country Living any farm animals do not take up a family space like cats and dogs.

Agree 100%. If it's not controllable, it shouldn't take up a space, especially since in this case, it would severely restrict family planning.
    Hm, made me thinking. What if the farm animals are on a different lot, but that a sim can own that lot and go there to tend animals and crops? That way the number of animals would not interfer with the 8 household members.

Basically - if we get chicken my sim wants 10 of them, not just 1 or 2. Or pigs, or cheep, I want minimum 5 of those. So I hope animals will not be household members at all, but rather a "fenced in plot" containing up to a certain possible number (if treatened well), and then we can simply add more plots if we want more of that animal. I don't expect farm animals to wander about freely on the lot, perhaps a horse would be an exception, but would then need to count as a pet.

Do you mean an actual different lot that you have to visit (and leave your house behind), or something like stables that can be placed in the otherwise uneditable surroundings of your lot? Because having to go through a loading screen to see my farm animals would break it for me. It's the reason I don't play retail.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t mind so much the retail or restaurant loading screen if it is worth it. Restaurant management is totally worth it (when it runs smoothly without glitches). retail is meh.

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    First off I wanna say Target needs to be a little better at not putting these ep's in there system before the companies announce their games. I feel like this could get Target in a lot of trouble.

Why wouldn’t they put the name? It’s part of preparing to have it in inventory for when it’s ready to be sold. Retailers always have to be in the know. Target merely trust their employees not to leak, and if they find out, employees would get in trouble, not target.

EA announced their EA Play thing for June, and they’ve been releasing packs closer to the dates they announce them. So probably about 2-3 weeks after it’s announced it’ll be released

I meant that since EA hasn't even announced the next EP there is no reason for Target to send that into there system so any employee can have access to it. I would think most game developers would take a leak very seriously, especially the same retailer letting it happen twice. If it hasn't been officially announced there's no need to send it to all the stores. They won't need to have it in all the stores inventory for some time.

That’s not how it works though. Many game have in been leaked in the past because of retailer leaks. That’s a risk they take. Retailers don’t keep track of a company announced a game, okay time to order to have stock. They need advanced notice of this to have things on time. Leaks from retailers will always be a thing, that’s the risk they’re taking
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    As much as I want a farming EP, if you read the other topics on this you'll see it's sadly likely a fake. It seems someone photoshopped another picture from a target employee.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    As much as I want a farming EP, if you read the other topics on this you'll see it's sadly likely a fake. It seems someone photoshopped another picture from a target employee.

Somehow I don't think it's entirely fake. Doesn't one of the gurus have a My Sims farmer as an avatar? People have been speculating before about a farming EP based on his avatar, and we know horses are coming as the code found in game shows they have been working on them. Maybe the picture is indeed photo-shopped but the information may actually be true. I guess we need to wait and see.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think a lot of this stuff is a planned pr stunt like most things are. EA likely releases the stock info at a time when they don’t care if somebody “leaks it” in order to generate interest for an upcoming trailer 😜 This kind of stuff is the new trailer for a trailer.

Agreed.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hopefully they set it up so you can raise animals to sell for meat not just go more gardening collecting eggs and milking cows do it all or not at all.

Can't wait to see my sim stuff a cow into the mailbox :lol: j/k
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm hoping it's organic farms o:)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Country Living was faked via photoshop apparently.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm wondering if we might get a farming expansion pack and then an Equitation game pack for horse competitions etc later, as both were separate items in that knockout competition Sim Guru Doi held some time ago.

OK: It's leaked a bit more. Sims Community says it's official.

"Ready for your Sims to impact their world? Move into a community of fellow collaborative makers in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!* Play to change and make a difference in the new world of Evergreen Harbor. Help your new neighbors decide on a Community Space Project, reduce your eco footprint, and watch your neighborhood transform. You’ll be surprised by what happens when your Sims start making the rules."

If this means playing online I'm not having it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Country Living was faked via photoshop apparently.

This! @elelunicy showed the original that the fake was based on in another thread.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    @Dakota88 shared on another post a link to twitter from someone named themobilesimmer. You can go the the sims 4 website and look under expansion packs and see eco living listed there with a description. It's not farming.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2020
    Here's that tweet with the image:

This is for sure real. Other Simmers can find it in other languages.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.