Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    As someone else posted, this is how we've found out a good number of packs early, so it's very likely a real thing.

As customary with TS4, I'm not getting my hopes up. But if it is a farming EP, something the series has never fleshed out within an expansion, they are sitting on a ton of potential. There are so many things that they could do with this pack to affect absolutely every player, even ones that don't necessarily want to participate in farming/ranching gameplay. I really hope they do amazing with this one.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Definitely convinced by this leak, they’ve been fairly reliable in the past. Personally the theme isn’t of interest to me, but I know so many people have wanted it, so I really hope it’s true for all you guys!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    You know how you can harvest chicken eggs? Maybe dragons are also included in this pack, and you can harvest their eggs?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    You know how you can harvest chicken eggs? Maybe dragons are also included in this pack, and you can harvest their eggs?

if we actually receive farms and horses I have my suspicions that there is some other creature, I would expect at least fairies, but I am creating low expectations, because I love the theme and I am afraid it will not be that big
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    akaseven wrote: »

if we actually receive farms and horses I have my suspicions that there is some other creature, I would expect at least fairies, but I am creating low expectations, because I love the theme and I am afraid it will not be that big

Yes! A new creature!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I've been wanting horses since the beginning... wondering if it could actually happen.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I'm rooting for you, Gordy.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would be a bit interested in this theme if we get horses and piggos. I would be even more interested if they make llamas similar to what they did for racoons for cats and foxes for dogs. Now that would be cool! I would call him Gerbit. Llamas/llama wool would make a great tie in to the knitting pack, too.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    That sounds exciting! Looks like it will come out sometime this late summer if not then early fall. Wonder about the new town, what will it be based on? Can't wait for farm animals, etc. :)
  • Options
    NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    Is this really real because if I’m not mistaken when the island living was leak didn’t it also have the release date also?
  • Options
    Nicolea wrote: »
    Is this really real because if I’m not mistaken when the island living was leak didn’t it also have the release date also?

It's likely real. DU was the same way - except they leaked the whole box art and description along with the date.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I can't say I'm looking forward to this, because a farming/country living pack is just not something I'm interested in. But I'm happy for everyone who did want it.

And who knows, there may be parts I actually like. Horses are always cool - not quite as cool as Otters or Dragons, but still very cool. (And yes, I'll probably buy it anyway... just not likely to be high on the priority list.)
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    It's sad there's no description yet ^^
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I hope we get more off-the-grid stuff with this, like food preservation and solar panels. It's also the perfect opportunity to introduce ladders.
  • Options
    Dakota88 wrote: »

It's Target, give it a bit. That'll come soon enough! :D
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

It's Target, give it a bit. That'll come soon enough! :D

Do you think we will get an info leak
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    Yes! I’m so freakin’ excited for this pack! I hope it’s real... lol. I’ve been wanting this for years now. Hopefully we get to raise farm animals, horses, new harvestables (pumpkins I’m looking at you), a country fair/farmer’s market, new recipes (like pie or something), ladders(bunk beds), nectar making, candle making. It’ll tight in nicely with the knitting stuff pack too!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Probably real and probably not a pack Id be hurrying to buy.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Yes! I’m so freakin’ excited for this pack! I hope it’s real... lol. I’ve been wanting this for years now. Hopefully we get to raise farm animals, horses, new harvestables (pumpkins I’m looking at you), a country fair/farmer’s market, new recipes (like pie or something), ladders(bunk beds), nectar making, candle making. It’ll tight in nicely with the knitting stuff pack too!

I think the Spooky day stuff pack adds pumpkins as a harvestable, doesn't it?
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Just had an image of Bella Goth riding through some rural town on a horse in that snazzy dress of hers.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Now I really want to see it.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I think the Spooky day stuff pack adds pumpkins as a harvestable, doesn't it?

No, Spooky Day added pumpkin carving, but you can’t plant them unfortunately.
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member

Never gave it much thought myself, but I love what you want. That would be a perfect pack, especially the fair and bunk beds! Maybe we can even hire farm hands like roommates!
  • Options
    slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    It's not the I am not super excited for a farming pack... but dose anyone else feel like maybe Target should stop making this info available to all stores before the gaming companies announce the actual game? I feel like most companies take leaks like this seriously, and this is the second time a Target employee has leaked Ep's before announcement.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    It's not the I am not super excited for a farming pack... but dose anyone else feel like maybe Target should stop making this info available to all stores before the gaming companies announce the actual game? I feel like most companies take leaks like this seriously, and this is the second time a Target employee has leaked Ep's before announcement.

Something tells me that ea know about it 😂😉
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    This pack sounds pretty good. If horses are finally included; it will result in the very first pack I buy at full MSRP (and may even preorder) before waiting for it to go on sale, as I did for Discover University. Having them in TS3: Pets makes me really miss them in TS4. I already have a few equestrian Sims (mostly cowboys and cowgirls, since Western riding attire, is already pretty well covered by what's in the game) ready for horses to be added to their households.

Personally, horses may very well reinvigorate my interest in TS4. In addition to the attire focused on the English and Western riding disciplines (as well as helmets--safety first!) like in TS3, I hope there is quite a bit of workwear, English countryside type wear, as well as rancher/farmer type clothing the world over.