Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I don’t think there will be room for any occults unfortunately, as they would have to make multiple creatures in this pack already.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    IF there is a special ''occult'' in the country pack, my bet is on Unicorns and absolutely not on Fairies and Werewolves at all.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    IF there is a special ''occult'' in the country pack, my bet is on Unicorns and absolutely not on Fairies and Werewolves at all.

This.

I think if fairies and werewolves ever do make a comeback, they will be in their own GP's like vampires and spell casters.

I would be so happy to have unicorns back. <3 I also want them to set fire to things again of course. >:)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    maybe they have build your own horse like build your own cat, and one of those is build a unicorn and add special power to it... also considering we have bikes and boats... i think it wouldnt be hard to ride on the horses, and we could bring them into the wood in Outdoor Retreat, and Jungle Living, and walk through those... there are a lot of people who rides in the woods... or build a riding track on the huge beach lot of Sulani and ride there, or on the island that has the waterfall... we might not have open worlds, but we do have a lot of open areas...
  • SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    I think there have been several hints that there was a farming pack coming sooner or later. If its an EP I suspect it comes with much more content than horses, farm animals and more types of produce. I hope that they will also add vehicles to the pack. Not just tractors but also cars. There has also been speculation about country fairs. Maybe with pie baking or eating contests? Jam making and nectar making would be nice and seem to go well with the country theme.

I do wonder about the architectural style. Like others, I feel that some of the build items in previous packs, like "strangerville" and "cats and dogs", already had a country feel. I do hope we get more distressed stuff. But maybe this pack will have less build items and more gameplay features to make it interesting.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2020
    Has anyone got a copy of the Zebra device leak of DU? This image (including the avatar top left) looks familiar enough to be a Photoshop troll.
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    > @elelunicy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > OMG now that you mentioned it being photoshopped, this leak is 99.99% a photoshop of a real pic posted by a Target employee on the Target subreddit three months ago.
    >

I hate you right now but you're so right. :D
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

This.

I think if fairies and werewolves ever do make a comeback, they will be in their own GP's like vampires and spell casters.

I would be so happy to have unicorns back. <3 I also want them to set fire to things again of course. >:)

I think faries ,but I highly doubt werewolves ?
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    If this is a fake by someone trolling I'll be heartbroken. :( Sadly the image above all but confirms it- the time, reflection and notifications are all the same.
    If this is fake why isn’t the team shutting it down, the backlash would be intense if we all think we are getting a country living and it’s future or something, they know this is one of the most requested packs so why have they let this speculation go on for over 12 hours, why haven’t they shut it down
  • SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    > @EdithV said:
    > If this is fake why isn’t the team shutting it down, the backlash would be intense if we all think we are getting a country living and it’s future or something, they know this is one of the most requested packs so why have they let this speculation go on for over 12 hours, why haven’t they shut it down

Perhaps because they were planning a teaser/reveal for today anyway (I hope!)
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Even the dust matches in some places (e.g. bottom of the screen). Only thing which confuses me is the border being broken on the left side of the newer photo.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸. That photo is definitely the same, taken from a different angle though. So the original picture, then another angle taken at the same time, then photoshop that second picture? That’s devastating. I hope there is a Country Livin pack anyway, and this “leak” is staged.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    If this is a fake by someone trolling I'll be heartbroken. :( Sadly the image above all but confirms it- the time, reflection and notifications are all the same.

ours apparently is fake, that turnaround. Both discover and island were leaked out of it. I was putting faith already, apparently we went back to square one theorizing with random phrases from a futuristic cube and waiting until June for something ...
  • MackieYTMackieYT Posts: 1 New Member
    > @elelunicy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > OMG now that you mentioned it being photoshopped, this leak is 99.99% a photoshop of a real pic posted by a Target employee on the Target subreddit three months ago.
    >
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/ew65l6/what_to_do_with_items_like_this_also_tried/
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 1. Obviously both say “Target + Item Return to Reverse Logistics”
    > 2. Notice how both phone screens have reflection on the top & left bottom corner?
    > 3. Most importantly, both phones show a time of 8:22 AM. What’s the odds of that?
    >
    > So this whole leak is just a photoshop troll. No wonder @FreezerBunnyCowplant deleted their twitter account after I openly questioned the legitimacy of this leak yesterday.

OMG imagine if it's fake, I was looking forward to the expansion. I shouldn't have my hopes up so high!!!
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Wow, EA Play can’t come soon enough. If this is really a photoshop then I’m really curious to know what the actual theme to EP 9 will be, farming seemed to be the obvious choice.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Wow now it makes sense if the leak is fake because I feel like everyone expected farming but because they said the ep would be something we wouldn't expect, I ruled it out so I wasn't expecting the leak. But now it would make more sense for it to not be farming even though that's what I really wanted.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, it’s the same picture, but I think the leaks might be planted by EA. They’re a big company and could afford proper security and taking people to court over leaks, but for some reason, we always get leaks. The leaks are probably good for business, since it keeps people engaged for longer before.

If they are planted, they could just have taken another photo and photoshopped in Country Livin’.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s the same picture, but I think the leaks might be planted by EA. They’re a big company and could afford proper security and taking people to court over leaks, but for some reason, we always get leaks. The leaks are probably good for business, since it keeps people engaged for longer before.

If they are planted, they could just have taken another photo and photoshopped in Country Livin’.

Or maybe the pictures were taken by the same person, at the same time, except that one of them was published much later.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    To the ones who are heartbroken: Cheer up! Whether or not the leak is fake, there have been other, udderly suspicious hints that a farming expansion might be on its way, so even if it's not one of the packs that come out within the next six months, doesn't mean it's not coming at all.
    Well I did wonder if the leaks were done by ea as it’s weird they happen so much and they are never addressed by the team. If it happened once you’d think they’d really tighten security.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Wow now it makes sense if the leak is fake because I feel like everyone expected farming but because they said the ep would be something we wouldn't expect, I ruled it out so I wasn't expecting the leak. But now it would make more sense for it to not be farming even though that's what I really wanted.
    To the ones who are heartbroken: Cheer up! Whether or not the leak is fake, there have been other, udderly suspicious hints that a farming expansion might be on its way, so even if it's not one of the packs that come out within the next six months, doesn't mean it's not coming at all.

even though it was a surprise expansion I would still think that farming would be the next theme to be released, as mentioned there are several farming tips for the game, even in the ROM gamepack there is a skymap with rural fields and cows, besides the future cube has some phrases that relate to the farm theme and despite the regrets such a theme is still surprising since it was never done. After this fake leak I really don't know, I would be very shocked and surprised if a futuristic expansion came from the fact that it was theorized a few days ago ...
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »

This is unlikely. For this to have occurred, EA would have had to get agreement from Target, one of the biggest retailers in the US, to take a picture of one of their internal processing systems, alter it, and post it for public view. There is no way that would have occurred.

My guess? The poster saw all the discussion/speculation surrounding the Future Cube messages and wanted to reinforce the theory of a country/farming themed pack. Since the previous EP was leaked via a Target inventory system, they hopped on the Target Reddit and found a similar looking photo. (However, since they don't really work at Target, they had no context as to what "Bring to Reverse Logistics" meant or what a Target+ item was. They also opted to put their fake item name in blue when the original used black.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well found, @elelunicy. Thanks for the detective work! Love the identical time and battery power part.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.