Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant (who originally posted the screenshot) claims that they found this IG story under the hashtag #TheSims.

However, nobody else seems to be able to find this story under the #TheSims hashtag. It’s clear from the screenshot that @FreezerBunnyCowplant were viewing the story from a personal account, as opposed to a hashtag story. If it were a hashtag story, it would show the icon of the hashtag on the top left instead of the profile icon of who posted the story.

Also, according to Target, a Target + Item is an item sold by a third-party company. It makes no sense for a Sims game to be sold by a third party, as Target is definitely going to sell it themselves.
    What is a Target Plus™ Partner?
    A Target Plus Partner is a third-party company that sells and ships items directly to you through Target.com and the Target apps. Target curates these Partners to bring you exciting brands and items you can order online. Target processes payment for items purchased from these Partners, and you can track items purchased from these Partners on your order details page.

I’d take this leak with a grain of salt, as based on @FreezerBunnyCowplant 's posting in the past, they really, really want a farming/country themed pack, giving them the motivation to fake this particular pack.

Agreed. Although the DU Target leak was real, this one isn't quite the same. I already believed that the next expansion was going to be farming-related, though. We should be getting an announcement soon either way.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I saw, so excited. What perfect timing it would be.
    Ikr! I’m honestly desperate for new content!!
    Yeah outdoor content too. Going to be so nice to play during the pandemic. <3
    Yesss
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    So it should come with vehicles...
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant (who originally posted the screenshot) claims that they found this IG story under the hashtag #TheSims.

However, nobody else seems to be able to find this story under the #TheSims hashtag. It’s clear from the screenshot that @FreezerBunnyCowplant were viewing the story from a personal account, as opposed to a hashtag story. If it were a hashtag story, it would show the icon of the hashtag on the top left instead of the profile icon of who posted the story.

Also, according to Target, a Target + Item is an item sold by a third-party company. It makes no sense for a Sims game to be sold by a third party, as Target is definitely going to sell it themselves.
    What is a Target Plus™ Partner?
    A Target Plus Partner is a third-party company that sells and ships items directly to you through Target.com and the Target apps. Target curates these Partners to bring you exciting brands and items you can order online. Target processes payment for items purchased from these Partners, and you can track items purchased from these Partners on your order details page.

I’d take this leak with a grain of salt, as based on @FreezerBunnyCowplant 's posting in the past, they really, really want a farming/country themed pack, giving them the motivation to fake this particular pack.

Agreed. Although the DU Target leak was real, this one isn't quite the same. I already believed that the next expansion was going to be farming-related, though. We should be getting an announcement soon either way.
    Since of this current pandemic or for other reasons it’s possible that it isn’t fully updated, like maybe we saw an updated version of the DU leak, it could’ve started out like the one we see right now, I guess we’ll find out soon tho. If it’s legit other retailers will prob start listing it.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So it should come with vehicles...
    hopefully with farm tractor at least, but yes car patch with it so Sims get pick up trucks too would be lovely
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    No third party items will be in their Wearhouse also. The items are ship from EA to the Wearhouse .Target orders a bulk of them to ship in their stores,or keep online store purchases .It's not they contact Ea when you buy a third party item.Its them having the bulk of the items before you purchase online .

Exactly. What you said is in agreement with me. Target will definitely carry Sims game in store and stock them in their warehouses. That's exactly why Country Livin' should not be a Target + item.

Target Plus is a program that allows Target to sell more items online without needing to carry them in store or stocking them in their warehouses. If an item is a Target + item, then Target will NOT carry it in store or stock it in their warehouses.

This seemed weird to me too. I also was a little confused by the messaging to "Bring to Reverse Logistics". Just based on that wording, this really seems like a message telling the employee to bring said product to an area where it will be sent back to a warehouse.

To me, this is obviously an altered screenshot of some returns processing system that they use. Someone probably returned a Target + item to their local Target store (which apparently one can do) and when the item was scanned by the employee it directed them to bring it to a returns area to be sent out somewhere. While previous Target leaks have proven legitimate, this seems a bit more sketchy.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    horses make no sense with closed world
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    This rates "no doy" out of 10 on the leak credibility scale.

We knew farming was coming ever since the code for horse walkstyles was discovered, like 6 months ago.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Excited for any new content, but I’m afraid we already have too much country-inspired build/buy. Hopefully they’ll take this pack in an original direction, object-wise.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    It can't be better than Stardew Valley but I'm starving for some new content, so I hope it'll have more to do than just growing plants and owning a farm.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    slamonda wrote: »
    horses make no sense with closed world

Bigger world, houses further apart, little public spaces to discover... it works the same way bicycles or boats work: the world it comes in will make it useful.

Don't forget that there's more to horses than transport. There's potential racetracks and pony clubs, dressage and all sorts of potential activities.

And perhaps the most important one: the community has not shut up about horses since before Cats & Dogs was even announced. It's one of those "this appeals 100% to the core demo" no-brainers, much like how mermaids did in Island Living.

The Sims' target audience (no, I'm not talking about you, 30-year-old Simmer reading this), the core demographic that EA thinks will make them the most money from this franchise, is tween and teen girls.

Not capitalising on that would be a dumb thing to do.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2020
    Given the lock down it'll be good to get some fresh outback air.....in the virtual world.
    Grew up in the woods. Enjoy nature, hate rural and urban life. I hate the city with its ugly gray walls, crime, and noise. I prefer the outdoors away from others surrounded by nature. I spent most of my life 4-17, in that manner. I just hope if it comes with a new world. That its less rural and urban. We need real outback neighborhoods to live in. I don't want Sims walking in front of my house every 5 seconds, being the same exact Sims too. I don't want cars screeching by. I just want nature. Let me breath in that sweet sweet smell of manure and hear the birds chirp. While working the crops, milking the cows, and collecting eggs while running from the rooster.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Seeing people hope for fairies and werewolves and dragons, in the same pack they’re hoping for horses. You all seem to have forgotten this is EA, they’ve failed to bring multiple occult’s in past packs. I don’t see how fairies, dragons or werewolves even fit in a country living pack. Honestly hope werewolves and fairies aren’t in this pack. They make occult’s more fleshed out when they come in GP’s. And even then it’s like they’ll be their own GP’s as well.
    We can only wait for EA play, if this leak turns out to be like DU, the gurus kept their lips sealed till the very day they announced it, and EA is holding their conference thing in June, probably won’t hear about it till then
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I don’t see how fairies, dragons or werewolves even fit in a country living pack.
    Dragons have more reason to be here than horses. I don't see horses laying eggs you can harvest. You can also ride and tame dragons as they get bigger, make a variety of habitats for them, feed them livestock, and kiss their snouts.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Excited for any new content, but I’m afraid we already have too much country-inspired build/buy. Hopefully they’ll take this pack in an original direction, object-wise.

@jadonbakes! Agree! I’m excited for a new type of gameplay! But so much of BB is country-inspired. Not really my jam, so not looking forward to more ranch chic homestyle decor.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    If it's true that it will be a country living pack (farming and horses!), then that's great news!

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    I hope so too. I would love to see the middle ages be apart of it. I did a paper on being a serf and having a farm in junior high. Also love the idea of a dragon in the pack. I guess I could use the Realm of Magic dragons, but would be fun to ride one and preparing the farm fields for new harvests.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    Seeing people hope for fairies and werewolves and dragons, in the same pack they’re hoping for horses. You all seem to have forgotten this is EA, they’ve failed to bring multiple occult’s in past packs. I don’t see how fairies, dragons or werewolves even fit in a country living pack. Honestly hope werewolves and fairies aren’t in this pack. They make occult’s more fleshed out when they come in GP’s. And even then it’s like they’ll be their own GP’s as well.
    We can only wait for EA play, if this leak turns out to be like DU, the gurus kept their lips sealed till the very day they announced it, and EA is holding their conference thing in June, probably won’t hear about it till then

Both werewolves and fairies are creatures often associated with the countryside.
    Fairies are usually depicted as highly attuned to nature/woodlands, while werewolves are also the kind of occult that would prefer rural areas where they could roam free in werewolf form and hunt.
    I'm guessing at least werewolves will be in, they frankly don't need an in depth system like Vampires or Witches, so long as they give them neat werewolf/hybrid form customization that's more than enough to me anyways. So long as they don't look so ugly and low effort like Sims 3 werewolves, which were more like wolfmen anyways.
    Or perhaps they'll just include fairies as they are far easier to implement than werewolves come to think of it, they basically just need customizable wings and some pseudo magic powers.

And yeah, I kinda fail to see the point of horses without Open World. I guess you'll be able to keep them as pets that just walk around your home, yay...

And while I'd love to see dragons, they are far better suited for a Medieval Pack, which I'd love to see as well. If we can get time travel to the Future, why not to the past? Besides, Sims 3 even had a store world that was medieval themed.

Last but not least I highly doubt there will be any other GP devoted to a single occult. Vampires and Witches were always the most popular of the bunch. Considering they included mermaids in IL chances are high we'll get either fairies or werewolves in this new Farming EP.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I'm so thristy for new content that, even though I've never been remotely interested in anything farming related, I'm excited for this lol. I do look forward to some more off-the-grid options and possibly animals.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think if it was a fake the gurus would say so because they dont want people to get there hopes up about something thats not gonna happen
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm wary of any pack with "Living" in its title, especially if it's an Expansion Pack. I used to view EPs as sources of new content and features applicable in the entire sim world, like how Seasons adds weather and individual climates to every world, Get Famous introduces many ways of getting famous through jobs and activities from previous packs as well, you can have retail stores everywhere, the same goes for pets, clubs, etc. But both City and Island Living only introduce a new world that you have to live in or at least frequently visit to really get anything out of them, and I'm afraid something like Country Living, if it's even real, would follow the same pattern.

If the main feature happens to be farming, they're going to give us a new world that either has many huge lots to build our own farms on (in which case you could still do that wherever you want, but it would probably look out of place in any other world that isn't the countryside of Windenburg), or the crops and animal farms will be part of the uneditable landscape, and you simply build your house on a lot close to them (in which case the feature is definitely and ultimately tied to the new world). If the main feature are horses, then like others have said before, there's not a lot of space to ride them except for this new world, and everywhere else they would just be animated decoration, much like cats. (Not that there wouldn't be any other ways of making them interesting, but... let's not fool ourselves. This is TS4.)

That's where the idea of occult animal creatures, such as werewolves, comes in. I mean... aren't wolves like the archenemies of farmers, because they eat their livestock and pose a threat to people as well? It's not far-fetched, and if the pack has anything to do with wolves at all, I can imagine it having a light story component similar to StrangerVille, where there's a wolf plague or something like that in the new world, but with the added bonus of a new werewolf state that doesn't depend on anything in the new world like mermaids depend on the ocean in Sulani. And if wolves eating livestock is too brutal for some reason (I mean, we have man-eating cow plants, but whatever...), they could go for magical horses instead (read: unicorns) and make that the feature that somehow transcends the new world.

But so far we don't know anything about this pack, not even if this leak is to be believed, so it might very well be something completely different. I'm looking forward to the official announcement.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    So is this the pack that they've never done before?
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I think if it was a fake the gurus would say so because they dont want people to get there hopes up about something thats not gonna happen

Yeah, wouldn’t they have shut it down as soon as possible? They wouldn’t want people to get their hopes up then be let down and become angry with the team, especially with this as this wouldn’t be their fault if someone was leaking fake news.
  • Options
    DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    > @AedanStarfang said:
    > So is this the pack that they've never done before?

Nope, not if it's an Expansion pack. It's the Gamepack which will be a major first.

"we are also hard at work on our next Expansion Pack. I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you."

"Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year."
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited May 2020
    I will only really enjoy this pack if we can breed golden chocobos...

Wait, wrong game!

Unicorns would be cool, though! As long as there is something for the occult players