Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you stay and play with The Sims?

Comments

• Options
    EkmidenisiEkmidenisi Posts: 176 Member
    @Sharebear67 I love building sooo much. I always have done since i was a little kid. I don't really get into the gameplay as much. Have you tried a legacy challenge? I am really enjoying mine (although am only on generation 1 lol)
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Ever since I finished my legacy in 2018, I've been struggling to stick with families for the past year.

But recently I had the idea to play a premade family, since I already know and feel connected to them.

I decided to play the Pancakes on long lifespan and see how many generations I can get to. I installed MCCC so that way all of the other premades will breed, and the Pancakes' children can marry the children of other premades.

It's been so much fun that I've been playing for hours every day! Iggy is going to be a teen when I play tomorrow morning, and they also have a child son named Edgar and twin toddlers named Bridget and Kingston.

It has been chaotic but sooo fun. I decided Bridget will be my heir so I'm excited to see who she will end up marrying and what she will look like :smiley:
  • Options
    Sharebear67Sharebear67 Posts: 26 Member
    @Ekmidenisi yes I have one going. I've been doing one with a twist and I'm stuck on Cats & Dogs trying to get my Vet off the ground and to the max. I don't play the vet part very often.
  • Options
    Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    Fawna wrote: »
    Mods. If it wasn't for mods i'd never pick up the sims 4 again lol.
    I JUST installed MCC, Slice of Life (LOVE) and UI cheats and I'm so excited! Gameplay is about to get so much faster!
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • Options
    PixiesAdventuresPixiesAdventures Posts: 6 New Member
    I tend to give my townies much deserved makeovers lmao, but overall I love being in CAS so much, bringing real life/fictional characters to life in my game. I've tried the Murkland challenge but I never stay in game as much as I'd like. I am still looking for an addictive challenge to dive into gameplay.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Have been trying to give my different save games individual themes to make them different. I already had the Murkland apocalyptic theme so created a set of mix and match main and sub themes to fit each world I play and added a few new games. One new game is medieval. To personalize each world I'm using different downloaded lots.
  • Options
    HecqHecq Posts: 35 Member
    I started playing sims at school. 20 years ago ... First on the computer, then on the Playstation. Now I practically do not play, but I make stories on the game engine. It takes 100% of my time in the game ... Love stories, LGBT problems and just those situations that I experience in real life. The characters in these stories have long turned into my children and I very often think about them. (my tumbler blog - https://hecq.tumblr.com/)
  • Options
    Gothoholic18Gothoholic18 Posts: 71 Member
    I started making Sim 4 youtube videos of a family created, the Streeter-McKay Family!
  • Options
    misstiggermisstigger Posts: 15 Member
    I've been taking the time to work on my super sim challenge by making my sim become the best at everything and explore while I basically eat sleep work repeat haha
  • Options
    Azira_LadySilver85Azira_LadySilver85 Posts: 15 New Member
    Hi everyone, hope everyone is staying safe! I'm a new creator on Youtube and I do a let's play of the Sims 4 a challenge that I wrote. If you would like to see how it goes 'down' you can either follow me of FB (Iceacesis Queen) or Twitter (@iceacesis) or you can find my Youtube channel Queen Ice, please and thanks for reading and your time. You can also message me here :D
  • Options
    KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    Building is my thing. I find it oddly relaxing to try to make a building work and look good, the finished products are always really satisfying and the process reduces my anxiety in general, giving me something to concentrate on!
  • Options
    Sugarbean83Sugarbean83 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question. How do you find a half sibling who doesn't live in the same household? I have tried traveling to different worlds and places, no luck. This half sibling does exist on the genealogy chart; I have also checked my gallery & library where other sims characters are but no luck. Help please!
  • Options
    mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    > @Sugarbean83 said:
    > I have a question. How do you find a half sibling who doesn't live in the same household? I have tried traveling to different worlds and places, no luck. This half sibling does exist on the genealogy chart; I have also checked my gallery & library where other sims characters are but no luck. Help please!

i dont know if this is the right forum to post this in but i can only think it may be a mod issue or the sim got culled
  • Options
    RedattacusRedattacus Posts: 26 Member
    I've been looking at different challenges to try and started more than is reasonable.
    Gallery ID: redattacus ; Simblog: Simavia Heir Lines
  • Options
    RedattacusRedattacus Posts: 26 Member
    > @orangehippogriff said:
    > Ever since I finished my legacy in 2018, I've been struggling to stick with families for the past year.
    >
    > But recently I had the idea to play a premade family, since I already know and feel connected to them.
    >
    > I decided to play the Pancakes on long lifespan and see how many generations I can get to. I installed MCCC so that way all of the other premades will breed, and the Pancakes' children can marry the children of other premades.
    >
    > It's been so much fun that I've been playing for hours every day! Iggy is going to be a teen when I play tomorrow morning, and they also have a child son named Edgar and twin toddlers named Bridget and Kingston.
    >
    > It has been chaotic but sooo fun. I decided Bridget will be my heir so I'm excited to see who she will end up marrying and what she will look like :smiley:

That sounds great! I love popping in on the premades, fixing them up and helping them out :)
    Gallery ID: redattacus ; Simblog: Simavia Heir Lines
  • Options
    OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    I download cc and make sims 24/7, but i do enjoy legacy challenges!
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • Options
    moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    I am trying to explore all of the content of the packs that I have missed in the past. I bought a few packs at once and haven't had a chance to see everything they offer. I also like trying to get through lots of generations of one family but I need advice for adding drama into families- I'm too used to keeping everything perfect and not making any drama so rarely get past even the first gen because life isn't exciting enough! Would love to hear how people add drama into their 'realistic' family play?
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
  • Options
    gogojellygogojelly Posts: 24 Member
    I'm a returning simmer, I've been playing on and off since 2002. I saw this quarantine as the perfect opportunity to get lost in this game lol. I enjoy the building process, but my favorite thing to do is create stories! I get inspired by others story posts on this forum, but have never really had time to create my own. so why not now :)

I'm a new to the forum, so i can't share links quite yet. But I did create a blog to share the stories I've started during this stay at home time! ( simslitty.wordpress.com )
  • Options
    malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    I've been doing a lot of build challenges, posted by simmers on youtube and on the forum. My favourite ones have been the 'one colour only' builds, and 'a different, random pack for each room' builds.

I'm also in the process of turning my Sims 4 neighbourhoods into Sims 2 neighbourhoods. So far I've created a bootleg Strangetown in Oasis Springs, and a bootleg Pleasantview in Willow Creek, complete with all the families and relationships. :))
  • Options
    kasie001kasie001 Posts: 16 Member
    With all this extra time, I've been playing the Sims 3 and have been trying to do every single possible thing you can do in every expansion pack. There is so much content within each pack, and it seems that I've really done only 1/3 of what the game has to offer. Basically, just some sort of ultimate completionist challenge.
  • Options
    kasie001kasie001 Posts: 16 Member
    > @moo said:
    > I am trying to explore all of the content of the packs that I have missed in the past. I bought a few packs at once and haven't had a chance to see everything they offer. I also like trying to get through lots of generations of one family but I need advice for adding drama into families- I'm too used to keeping everything perfect and not making any drama so rarely get past even the first gen because life isn't exciting enough! Would love to hear how people add drama into their 'realistic' family play?

I love adding drama into my Sims' lives!!! There are soOOOO many different things you can do!! Typically, I'll make my Sims have affairs. The kids will know but their partner won't! And then the kids end up hating that parent.... Sometimes I'll kill off a Sim in the family to create some drama, have the parents dislike a teen's partner, or have a couple get divorced and argue over custody of the kids. Basically, Anything that could happen in a TV Drama has potential to be translated into the Sims. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I have 4 saves now thanks to Covid lol

1. Is rotation (never done before in any sims game but love it)
    2. NSB Challenge (On Gen Yellow)
    3. An Orphanage Challenge.
    4. A Freeplay/Relaxing Save, I can just enjoy the game-play (like my sims went on a two week vacation to Sulani at a resort it was so nice living vicariously through them~)
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member

1. I love CAS the most and making families in every household. Lots of CAS cc is a must. I get rid of every townie or they get a makeover. My Sims have lots of relatives.
    2. I love building and/or remodeling every single house, apartment and retail lot.
    3. I love playing with my families and doing every day normal things.
    4. The only challenge I've tried is Rags to Riches. Challenges are not my game play.
    5. Aging and death are always off. I've put too much effort into all the Simmers I've created so no way am I losing anyone.

I really enjoy the Sims 4 and always enjoying reading comments from those who enjoy playing the game. Happy Simming! :blush:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    I started a Build Newcrest Challenge a few weeks ago, and now I'm completely obsessed with it :D I also blog it and have already like 15 chapters in store. That's not like me at all. For instance, my sims 2 legacy challenge has had a year gap between chapters... (ok that's also because the game has issues that I need to fix to make it playable, but still.)
  • Options
    RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    I've been mostly playing The Sims the way I always have, except I've returned to my original concept from when I started playing Sims 4, which was playing a human sim in one household and a fledgling vampire down the street, who are both destined to eventually live together, and be married (and it's a long road with goals I personally must reach before these things happen).

home1.png

home2.png

Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'