Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Happy birthday to mr Addy
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I hope you all enjoyed the birthday fun! This is where I usually start singing, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow. You're only a day away." But yeah, I might be a day early. :smiley:
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    He sends his thank yous. It was a nice, relaxing day :)
  • Options
    Goodbye April, Hello May!

You know what that means?
    We're getting closer to the deadline for joining!

May 2nd at 10 pm (Eastern) is the deadline to get YOUR Buddy Letter in!
    Make a homemade gift for your Buddy, get gifted in return ... I call this a win-win!!
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    I have been lurking, I admit I thought about entering but my Sims 3 game has been so slow to load lately; I even removed all CC and such. My Sims 4 runs great (and I own all packs for it) plus several other games and still plenty of storage left, so I do not think it is my system. While my desktop is a few years old now, I spent over 4k customizing it so it is still a decent system. I don't know why I have so much problem with Sims 3, I removed all store content and even tried using less packs at a time and it still frustrates me to no end.

So I am just going to keep lurking, but I am looking forward to see what everyone else does. Hope everyone has a better May then April might have been for you.

Tell Mr. Addy happy belated Birthday!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Hello, @Skymyst! I'm glad you'll at least be lurking. We get to see all the nice goodies everyone makes, even if we're not directly making or receiving any.

Like you, I have trouble with my Sims 3 game; I'm going to try to make a build for the Simversary, though, because I think my game might run fine (and maybe yours will, too) if there is no CC/Store, and if I have the launcher set for just base game. It will be a bit challenging building for base game, but at least that way, everyone can use it, no matter what packs anyone has.
  • Options
    Nice to hear from you again @Skymyst :)
    Sorry your game isn't cooperating but feel free to lurk and join in the chat. If you're able to do anything in game and would like to build for the Simversary, please do so.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I would like to do another one of these. But I’m at my parents house and no computer.

But I will be lurking.

:) Smile!

• Options
    Hello again @Puddinroy :)
    Sorry you are without a computer at this time, feel free to lurk and join in the chat.
    There will be another gift exchange this year and hopefully you'll be able to join then.
  • Options
    TODAY is the last day to get those Buddy Letters in!
    Hope those who have been thinking about joining ... take the first step and post their letter. The more, the merrier!!
    Deadline: 10 pm (Eastern)
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    I'll be lurking again. I really enjoy all the creativity in these exchanges.
    202402-Cute-Good-Morning-Happy-Saturday-Quote.jpg
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Wonderful to see this up and running again. Unfortunately I can’t commit to joining in but will be lurking for sure. I would however love to do a build for the base game simversary if that’s ok.
  • Options
    Waves to @TEXASKITTYKAT :)
    Have fun lurking, join the chat if you'd like to.
  • Options
    I can understand why you're busy @soocoolsim ... your collaboration project is HUGE!
    Lurk, chat and by all means, build something for the SIMversary :)
  • Options
    Sad more people haven't joined, but happy to see lurkers! B)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Yeah I hear you @ciane . My biggest challenge in creating is the time needed on the interiors since my computer almost grinds to a halt during recolouring. I’ve several unfinished builds I’ve been dawdling on since I get so frustrated. My perfect buddy would be someone who likes to furnish their own homes since I quite enjoy doing shells and landscaping. Ah well, hopefully next time I can join in.

I’m wondering if enough folks know about this exchange. It’s only because you commented on the collab post that I knew since I usually don’t visit this part of the forums. Perhaps whenever these open if it could be referenced in the builders and world creators threads? Does anyone reference in social media sites?
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    I've mentioned this on my sims 3 page but that's about it
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    I’m wondering if enough folks know about this exchange. It’s only because you commented on the collab post that I knew since I usually don’t visit this part of the forums. Perhaps whenever these open if it could be referenced in the builders and world creators threads? Does anyone reference in social media sites?

I stay mainly in this area of the forum so didn't think/know about looking in the builder thread. Will take a look before the next one.
    This is advertised on My Sims3 wall and also on twitter. I don't have a tumbler account.

If anybody has ideas for advertising the next one ... or even the SIMversary portion of this one, feel free to mention and then get the word out. :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah I hear you @ciane . My biggest challenge in creating is the time needed on the interiors since my computer almost grinds to a halt during recolouring. I’ve several unfinished builds I’ve been dawdling on since I get so frustrated. My perfect buddy would be someone who likes to furnish their own homes since I quite enjoy doing shells and landscaping. Ah well, hopefully next time I can join in.

Maybe everyone should share it in their respective social media's next round, Facebook, twitter, email groups and so on!
  • Options

There's a thing that @Mmdrgntobldrgn calls "move in ready" that might work nicely for you. It means you add the plumbing and cabinetry that a building you were buying in real life would have. You could choose to add appliances or not since sometimes they are included and sometimes not. That means a whole lot less for you to bother with and offers non-builders the chance to be more creative with decorating, but still get to enjoy your awesome building talent.
  • Options
    The deadline for accepting letters is almost here.
    10 pm (Eastern)
  • Options
    Minutes... tick tock... tick tock...
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Almost ten, anyone else excited!! :)
  • Options
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    Almost ten, anyone else excited!! :)

Me!! LOL