Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My predictions for the new Game / Expansion packs

What’s your hopes & predictions on the new Expansion / Game packs? Here’s mine....

With the new game pack being a ‘major first’ for the Sims franchise, the only themes which seem possible to me are: Space Exploration, Farming or some kind of old-fashioned, time period pack?

The new expansion pack will be a ‘surprise’ to us but not necessarily something that’s new to the franchise. I’d hope for Generations but I’m thinking it will probably be: More supernaturals, a Resort/ Hotel pack with snow activities focus or a Nightlife pack with cars included. I’m less convinced of the nightlife idea cause we have Get Together & City Living but I still don’t feel as though the nightlife element is fully covered?

Comments

• Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I would love some kind of Castaway scenario, but I don't think it will ever happen this generation. Shame. The Sims 2: Castaway was my favorite game on the PS2 and to this day I regret selling my PS2 because of that one game. If they made the same thing for TS4, I'd be a happy camper.

I can see more supernaturals, namely fairies and werewolves.

In regards to old-fashioned/time period packs, I would like Ancient Egypt and Rome/Greece.

A Ski Resort would be cool, so we could build a replica of the hotel in The Shining.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited April 2020
    With the new game pack being a ‘major first’ for the Sims franchise, the only themes which seem possible to me are: Space Exploration, Farming or some kind of old-fashioned, time period pack?

They did farming before, and we already have some sort of space exploration built into the game.

A Ski Resort would be cool, so we could build a replica of the hotel in The Shining.

I think you can build the hotel from The Shining in Outdoor Retreat, where the hermit lives.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I think it'd be cool to have some sort of sports pack involved. Like not just going to games but to actually have a way to play like a round of golf or mini golf or baseball, etc.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2020
    I know we had zombies but I don't believe we had a full on apocalyptic pack? I think that would be a first!! And definitely a dream come true for me. It's my number 1 hope 🥰

And everyone keeps saying farming but I feel like they sort of had it in sims 3

Some people here was saying it could be a zoo or safari pack and that's never been done before so that's a possibility.

I hope it's not any sort of entertainment pack like reality tv. Just not my playstyle.

Other than that I can't imagine. They surprised me with tiny living, realm of magic and strangerville. I never saw it coming.

All I really WANT more than anything is zombie/apocalypse world/ wearwolves/ generations for tons of kid games and interactions.

I also really want an exotic fantasy world we can actually LIVE in. I've had enough suburbs 😭😭😭
    I would even be satisfied if they allow us to live in the hidden worlds and destination worlds. I don't see the point of my aliens visiting sixam only to go live in the suburb or desert 😆😆

Oh and I would totally love a sports pack as stated above me!! 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    I agree that there needs to be an expansion of the personalities and children interactions. They should make a Game Pack based on children stuff and imaginations for that. EA released two remake EPs back-to-back already so unlikely they'll do a Generations 4.

Hopeful that Farming gets the green light as the next expansion pack. 2020 is going to see the rise in home isolation and new gaming trends like Animal Crossing so it would be a perfect timing for EA to put The Sims 4 on the map with this EP. New neighborhood would have remote living with reintroduction of groceries. Raising livestock like cows, sheep, chicken and the return of Horses from Pets 3.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2020
    Really really really hoping for a generations expansion and an amusement park or hotel/resorts game pack.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I would like some sort of Farming pack, I think that would be a great add-on to the game...

I am also really keen on bringing the Sims 3 Generations to the Sims 4 (I created my own thread about it, https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974204/we-should-bring-the-sims-3-generations-to-the-sims-4#latest)
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    What I really want is a pack filled with new interactions like offering a visitor a cup of coffee and a cake, or food, hiding from other Sim or Sims, protecting a loved one who is being ranted and raved to, tipping each other of something special like a movie or a particular dish, boring children with tales from the older Sims childhood. This is just from the tip of my head. I am certain there are plenty of fun interactions that could be inplemented into the game. That is what I most want not a new world but more fun interactions.
  • Options
    Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    I'm kinda sure the EP will be winter-themed with resort or hotel venue.
    For the GP, I'm not sure but maybe farming pack since so many asked for it.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

The June/summer EP will definitely NOT be the winter themed resort. They only had questions about it on the survey at the beginning of the year. There's no way they'd have enough time to create it. It might come in the 2nd EP for the year if there is one, usually around November, or possibly early 2021 if their release schedule plans had to be adjusted.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I thought I saw a couple years ago on a survey that they had an idea for a mountian/ snow world and you could explore caves and stuff, I feel like that might be a possible pack, the only thing is that the next EP is summer and I’m not sure they would release a snowy pack during summer, I wish tho.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Here's mine...

My hopes are...
    1. Steampunk theme pack which focus on mechanical & time travel
    2. Far East vacation pack
    3. Happy Haunts! :D
    4. Amusement park

While my predictions are...
    1. Farming/Harvest pack
    2. Alps/Andes vacation pack
    3. School related pack
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    With Teens missing from the latest survey, I'm hoping that maybe one of the packs is going to focus on that life stage. Probably not, but it's still interesting.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Judging by the recent survey I have a feeling it will be generations based, with a big focus on teenagers
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

The June/summer EP will definitely NOT be the winter themed resort. They only had questions about it on the survey at the beginning of the year. There's no way they'd have enough time to create it. It might come in the 2nd EP for the year if there is one, usually around November, or possibly early 2021 if their release schedule plans had to be adjusted.

They talked about a winter themed pack back in 2019 so it’s very possible it could be one of the packs coming up....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

They talked about a winter themed pack back in 2019 so it’s very possible it could be one of the packs coming up....

I agree!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

That was only in... mid-November, I think. While March and April have *felt* like they were years long (and May looks to follow suit for at least some places) it wasn't that long ago. Barely six months. Though I suppose it does depend on how far into production they were when the Survey went out and the size of the pack. A game pack about half way through production could be the Game Pack this fall, but I don't think a Wnter Retreat counts as something never done before. I highly doubt it's the expansion pack, though.
  • Options
    Superhero is also possible.

Yeah!