Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I'm getting further behind, instead of catching up. So, I'm going to try to stay current, and go back to look for mentions that I've missed when I can. So, I'm sorry if I missed you! But it's been impossible to keep up with the thread because my wifi has been so spotty for 2 weeks! grrr. I'm back to using my 8 year old Ipad. It's working better than the 4 year old one, lol

This is pretty much as far as I'm going to get, going backwards. with a couple of exceptions. I have not done most of you from today yet! So I'll work on that soon!

@KiniHokulani

Lol, I'm glad that seeing the kids with their bikes and soccer balls made you smile! It certainly made me smile to watch them!

I can't wait to play with Kini more so I can see more facial expressions! That's a good one with J there!

So far I only played her so I could introduce you to Damian, and Gabe, and Ken, yes, it's complicated

😉 She needed to make a choice, and I think she did, lol!

Here you go! Meet Damian I-can't-remember-his-last name! lol!

73Xarat.png

Then meet Gabe Schmidt

2RB1h7Z.png

Then meet Ken Covington

9j4dlAd.png

They are the same sim, lol

FH0CPnf.png

And I wanted Sim!Kini to choose one of them, lol!
    Gabe was out of the picture almost immediately because he walked off. But ... he already has a boyfriend anyway, Knox, Diego's Ex

NiHH2xf.png

Ken is the original, and for a while I thought he had it locked down

WHO1Lpc.png

WXn75ih.png

Damian was a bit peeved

4cpF7vx.png

But then Damian came back in, all g u n s blazing, and Ken was like, "Hey? What gives?"

Le2GqvT.png

Look at that face!!!

FEj8cg2.png

And look at hers!

qAxCZk4.png

And look at Ken! He's like "Hey! I'm the original, this guy's a cheap copy, new eyebrows, new traits, that's all."

taFaUC1.png

Sim!Kini says, "Sorry Ken, I like his eyebrows better"

fdHqsDn.png

Damian was pleased

1vd656j.png

Plus, he was the only one that would dance with her

USoYc1z.png

dQp0Ro3.png

And yet more proof that Gabe doesn't deserve her:

99pVL4l.png

Oh, and big thanks to Laney, our masterful photographer, for all of her work!

Fu63vDM.png

u3zQ1d3.png

xkOmbaL.png

pa5TlAi.png

IAbEaLg.png
    So, what do you think? Damian?

I think so, lol

And yes, of course I had to have a screenshot of Thorne's look! And I knew exactly where it was! That was the day Don got upset because Thorne wouldn't ask him to be his boyfriend.

Poor sweet Don 😊 lol

Hearing that EA did a good job on Sulani from someone who lived in Hawaii is high praise! Wow. That's good to hear.

And yes, at first I was just lmao at your description of that hideous townie, but then you mentioned a picture and I had to check him out. Omg 😂 he's a keeper! Lol, ok not.

Yeah, some of those kids came through with traits I don't deal with, lol! So I did change them 😅

Your big reveal about your doppelganger had me rolling 😂

Gasp! That's not how your hair looks! Blasphemy! Remove Kini from the game! 😄😅

I love that they act differently. What traits did you give the straight haired one?

I'm glad you liked the new chapter. Yes, short on drama, but I tried to make it interesting none the less 😉

And yeah, I figured Don's behavior was weird enough that it would raise questions in Thorne's mind. Especially considering that he generally does everything wrong 😄

I felt that it was reasonable to give a reason for Don to want to work with Thorne. I mean, in reality, Thorne was pretty evil there. For a long time. Would Don really forgive him on a whim?

Oh God I laughed at that line "And yes ladies, all the good ones are taken. Now go home to your husbands!"

Ahhh yes, get Jasper married off! Then show me pictures! 😅 He can't get engaged, married, or have kids in my game, as it will hurt his image of international playboy 😂

Yeah, an international playboy who wants to do his friend a favor and babysit an infant girl! 😄

He does have an ulterior motive. He likes to remind Laney about how hard it is to care for kids, and how much they tie you down. He's been asking her to be patient for like 6 years now 😅

I'm glad you agreed with Thorne though. Would Don ever be ready to let Kalila out of his sight? Doubtful. I figured that a tiny outing would be good for a first try.

Yeah .... it's been quite a while since I had a romantic beach date like that myself. Lol. Somehow I don't see my husband ever saying those things to me anyway. And, well, he's never written a chart topping love song, so, what are you gonna do? 😅

I think Don means it. He certainly doesn't want to leave Thorne. Look what he's already forgiven him for. Thorne better behave though.

And please yes! Post pictures of your Thorne and Don. Even posed pictures! I'll never have posed pictures, and I'm dying to see them in some of the darling poses I see in these stories. 😊

And as for the rest of your comment today, I hope you saw the one about Tate.

And I'm thrilled that you like the idea of the gallery Sims. I wasn't sure if there was a reason you didn't want them. And the thing is even when you put them in there's no guarantee that you'll be able to find them. But I hope you can. I hated hearing it was just a grind now.

And good, I'm glad you noticed that about the pre-made's kids making better looking kids than the actual pre-mades themselves.

Hopefully turning off having kids will help with lag and with the gene pool! Lmao! It won't be the constant - nope, he's a half brother, nope he's a nephew, nope he's a cousin! 😂

That is super cool that Sarelia randomly got the child of the island trait! How cool!

I hope she gets better at romance soon. The more babies from her the better! Lol!

@smurfy77

Lol about the bat woohoo

I guess it's ok with her if she agrees to do it too 😂

That's really cool that she maxed some skills already!

So yeah, getting a couple of degrees seems reasonable.

She could totally use him to get that soul mate aspiration, since he keeps asking her out on dates !

And if you want her to have the player trait you should probably do that when he's not living with her 😅

And yeah, I don't have Get Famous, but I suppose it would be hard to maintain fame out in the middle of the jungle 😂

@Rosysimmer

Ohhh, ok. So she probably still shows up as her sister in their relationship panel.

That's pretty funny though 😅 "Sorry Sis, you gotta go, I need your spot." 😄

@Zimz4

Oh my gosh yes. I don't suppose you were a teenager in the 80's ?

Talk about looking at a yearbook and shuddering 😅
    sWCuSMt.jpg

I can imagine J doing that for sure 😂 He's convinced that he is God's gift to the world, absolutely convinced. So of course that hairstyle in highschool is perfect! After all, he's the one with the style!

@Daephene

Ahhh, yes, those seem like good traits for a horror author! And she doesn't strike me as an astronaut at all 😄 And is Bella really a secret agent when you load that house?

Can you tell how much I've played them 😅 Sadly I did actually play them for a while while Jasper was living with them painting their portraits, and again when they had new babies in that other save. I just never paid attention 😂

Omg lmao that Bella was to busy "not arguing" to attempt an introduction to Gerardo.

And I think that messing with Sims in CAS does make them show up most of the time. At least I've noticed that. Lol about Mark the busy bartender 😄

Thank you, I'm glad you like the screenshots. The interactions are so sweet it's hard to not take the pictures. They make me smile 😊

And yeah, Thorne should get his act together about Danni.

@Hecq

Hey cool! What are you doing in order to make a sporting event lot?

And is the new character going to be playing sports?

@ryttu3k

Oh! I love Grace and Tomax! Grace really is very pretty 🥰 I really love her outfits! I hope I have the shirt in her first outfit, I love that skirt in so many of it's colors, and that shirt is adorable with that color of the skirt 😊

I adore that party dress too! All these pretty yellow outfits! Yay! I would favorite that family a half dozen times if I could! They are soooo sweet! Their story is heartwarming ❤️ I love the toddler! Omg, ok, I can't write I love 5 times. Lol, I love all of them! You chose a perfect snapshot of them. Could they look sweeter?? Where were you planning to have them live?

I just saw Tomax's family on the gallery! They are wonderful too! You are outdoing yourself 🥰 Lol!

Oh gosh darn! I need more time to play the game, not just dabble here and there! Oh gosh, the adventures these guys will get into are going to be so great!

And lol, yes, any problems that Thorne has are entirely his own doing. He better understand that Don means it about leaving too. I'm sure you know the "cornered mother bear" analogies. Don't provoke Don's inner mother bear, lol

BB was amazing as usual! 🥰👍

But what's up with Don? Why did he wait for Diego to get up to go to sleep? What's wrong with sleeping with Morgyn? I thought they were bed buddies? 😂

It's ok, Diego can be awake, standing there in his bikini. I don't mind, lol. Caleb doesn't either 😄 and yes Diego, I can believe that guy! No need to break the 4th wall. We see you all cuddled up with him 7 frames later 😂 My God those are the sweetest animations! Those aren't poses? 😳 Just look at those bedroom eyes he's flashing at Caleb! It's very awwww indeed 🥰❤️

Btw, kitchen sinks are overrated 😉

And Idk, that might not be a "In your dreams" look that Lilith is giving Don, but it's not a "come and get me big boy," look either 😄 He looks more interested in his popcorn anyway. Don! You're missing signals Bud! She might not find you repulsive anymore! 😂

I'd there actually a "fear of boredom" interaction? I've only ever seen flat out bored moodlets. They annoy me 😄

As for their nightclubish attire, I'd go to that nightclub, wouldn't you? Just for Johnny in his towel and Diego in his "half of something"

Did Diego at least eat the fruit salad that he made? 😅 Do you have an ice cream maker out for them? I just wonder if they would make it themselves?

The romance bar thing is quite annoying (and confusing!) Have you figured anything out yet!

I think I would do a "Save as" and check in a test save whether it's a glitch on the lot? Or extensively try to get a romance bar going between the couple that has the highest friendship bar. It would be too bad if romance never blossoms. I mean it's pretty clear that Diego and Caleb should have a romance bar. How can they not after that sweetness in bed? 🤔

Morgyn is a trip here! What's up with you sweetie? We can't live forever on coffee 😂 Don and Lilith should definitely step in, although it looks more like they are going to stage an interaction between themselves. Hmmm, maybe Lilith is being won over by his body hair? The only man in the world who isn't as smooth as a dolphin 😉

Lol, did Morgyn wake up right away again because of potty needs? 😅 Oh well, the hot tub seems to be one of the best places to sleep. I mean, if Don won't lay down too... what other choice is there? 😄

Oh boy! I can't wait for harvestfest! 😅😂

@mercuryfoam

Thank you so much for your compliments on the Don and Thorne story! 😊 I'm not sure where you came in, but if it was after Chapter 21: A Surprise is Revealed, you will not know how truly horrible Thorne was to Don. But then again, just starting at Chapter 21 won't be the greatest, because you won't know how they'd been before that.

Obviously starting at the beginning is the most ideal, and there is a link at the bottom of each chapter that will take you to the next one, so you won't have to page back and forth to use the index from this chapter.

I generally tell people that at the very least you should go back to Chapter 15. You can skip 16a and 16b if you haven't started at the very beginning of the story, they won't make sense, lol.

Another good place to start (if you don't have time to go to the beginning) is Chapter 8. An autonamous event took a rather light-hearted tale, and injected it with major drama. It became the story it is now because of chapter 8. If you start there you could skip chapters 11 and 14, as they are about Diego Lobo and Dash, Don's other boyfriend. Again, they won't make much sense without starting from the beginning.

The important thing to know is that the whole story is leading to what happens in chapter 21. You will hear Thorne thinking about his plan over and over, but it is never revealed what it is, or why, until that chapter.

Also thanks for your opinion and encouragement. 🤗 Writing romance is daunting, because it gets so cheesy so easily. I try to keep it from getting there, but the threshold for cheesy varies from person to person, lol, so I write at the level I am comfortable with.

And I base what I say about them by how they look at each other, and how they act with each other. Don is not the same in this save as he is in other ones.

Actually, even as he was in this save before he met Thorne and had the baby with him. He was an awful person before that! Lol, which is part of the reason I didn't mind torturing him for a while! He deserved it! 😄 😉

And lol, I really have no choice about playing a vanilla game. I'm afraid of CC and mods because they crashed my Sims 2 game so often, and I have no way to get this computer fixed if I break it. Plus, any mod that made this a not Teen rated game would be highly inappropriate considering I have 4 little grandchildren running around 😅

I love the latest update! Your characters are so full of life! They are sweet, while also being realistic, and teasing each other.

They both seem to know that there are seriously scary times ahead of them.

And even though he told her he'd be gone when she woke up he didn't try to leave once she woke up. So he didn't really want to leave her, right?

And where did the other 2 people go? And how is he supposed to get away? How will having coordinates help?

I don't know if they are hidden well enough if the police are going to look everywhere!

And now I'm going to show my age (actually my eyes age, lol) I have cataracts, and the easiest way to describe them is as if I'm wearing sunglasses at all times. It makes seeing pictures that are taken in the dark very hard for me to see. So I'm going to ask questions that probably seem dumb, just because I can't see some of the pictures clearly, lol

Did she punch him or hit him with her head?

How many other people were hurt and on the ground besides Athena and Kian? Were they "bad guys?" Because no one seems to care about them 😂

And were the people there with him just normal people?

@calaprfy

Hmmm, good point. Materialistic works well for a lottery winner, and he's rich enough to hire a butler for the slob problem 😄

What's the new lottery winner like?

And darn! Sad news about the lady that liked the butler. Have any of them taken a liking to Brandon yet? 😅

Lol, maybe Sammy can find another erratic Sim to date?

And do the Gregory children have their father's hair style, or hair color?
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    In my newest save file.I made a Sim, she met Mortimer Goth and the two have been seeing a lot of each other. Now she's pregnant with his child! And now Bella knows cause she came over to visit, she caught my Sim and Mortimer kissing, Bella slapped Mortimer, then she went into my Sim's living living room to listen to the radio, then she went and barged in on my Sim and Mortimer when they were woohooing and slapped Mortimer again! So my Sim told her to leave and Bella stormed out
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @GalacticGal Oh so that’s what the headscarf means! My worldview has expanded again. Thank you for the insight. Definitely, slavery in all its variants is abhorrent. And as you say it existed since the beginning, yet it prevails until today! When you look at history, humans are like toddlers going round in circles making the same mistakes again and again.

@CheesySimsLover Wow Bri’s outfit is so grunge! I love it.

@Daephene Thank you for the lovely comment on my story. :) Yes Mortimer totally fit in, Bella looked a little goth but she’s Bella!

@DarkAngel1994 I can’t help but wonder, what is the inspiration behind the name ‘Floor’?

@ArcherDK This Top view. Makes everything so clear. I can see what you mean. Everything is spaced out and strategically placed far away from each other. I can imagine sales pitchers (amg what even is this word oh ok I found the word - promoters!) standing by each station addressing a crowd of onlookers.

@Tixyen Declan has such a baby face. What does a ‘naturally thick’ cas trait do? That’s amazing how you let your sims make decisions for themselves. I can’t, I’m too much of a control freak. I’m glad you like my story and poses because for this and the next chapter, I made a total of 76 poses!! I can’t help it. It’s important to me that the pictures capture the atmosphere/emotions properly.

@sarabeth2984 I really really like swamp cottage. If I was playing a historical challenge I’d download it and use it for my simmy house. It’s that versatile!

@zimz4 I never realised Stu’s gay? I’m assuming since he found the guy cute. Im glad your gnome story arc is complete! Now I don’t need to read it with anxiety lol.

@Deafsimmer Cassiopeia really covered her bases there! Also I’ve never done the morphiate spell before. Those lights look beautiful! I thought she was casting a good spell instead of a mischief type.

I missed a few people, but I’ll come back again!
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @mercuryfoam Thanks for your comment!
    Declan does have a baby face!~ He is such a good guy but you'll see his trails soon enough! :)
    The Naturally thick trait is a custom content trait that slows a sims metabolism down. So it is easy for them to put on the pounds (making them thicker) and harder for them to lose them.

Some sims get assigned to at random, and it does not fit their body type at all, but with Chelsey it made sense!

Also all your hard work pays off! That is so many! I admire that! I have use poses and have gotten more and more addicted to them and they are hard work, I know it! But also a joy! It really shows in your story all the effort! :) Can't wait to see more, patiently waiting!
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

@KiniHokulani - That pairing happened all because of curiosity two years ago.
    Thanks! :)

@Tixyen - It's good to be back. I was trying out the Not So Berry challenge in a new save, just to try something new before going back to the story.

@mercuryfoam - She's named after the lead singer of Nightwish. And both of her siblings, Elan and Sagan, are named after two of their songs.

[All grown up]
    Autumn
    Traits: Cheerful and Music Lover
    Aspiration: Musical Genius
    WfWnXfa.png

Nyx
    Traits: Goofball and Romantic
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    XmXVz1f.png

Calista
    Traits: Active and Outgoing
    Aspiration: Bodybuilder
    tHqktQj.png

Damien
    Traits: Bookworm and Self-Assured
    Aspiration: Nerd Brain
    GTfmJfK.png

Atticus
    Traits: Good and Gloomy
    Aspiration: Friend of the World
    I7iDopE.png

[Our story begin...]
    After school, Autumn met Leon's little sister, Julie, who told her if she was living with her brother and their friends at San Myshuno.
    Autumn wasn't told about this. Turns out, the boys (Axel, Xavier, and Leon) moved to San Myshuno. She wondered why they didn't tell her and the others.
    PBq0mHK.png
    1l5F4EC.png

Atticus had been going to the greenhouse recently and was talking to his grandmother, Carmelita.
    Dylan did his best to comfort his son.
    Vw3EAjP.png
    BW7cCFV.png

Autumn told her Papa that she's ready to move out to live in the city with her friends, but Atlas thought she isn't ready to go out on her way while still in school. And also living with three guys...not a good idea.
    Autumn knew them since they were kids, thinking that her Papa was being overprotective.
    BNbT6us.png
    fV6Wo69.png

Calista overheard this and told Autumn that Nyx would be jealous that Autumn will be living with three good-lookin' boys.
    C2mDmoP.png

If Autumn wants to go out somewhere during the daytime, she had learn about her vampire heritage.
    oHhSMwy.png

Before we end this post, I have good news.
    So, Atlas and Dylan went to woohoo in the closet. I didn't think much of it...until I got this notification.
    XlfI1Hd.png

Atlas's response:
    gejywPN.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2020

@Becka28

Thanks for your concern! :)

Yes, I stay up much too late, but luckily I do allow myself to sleep until 11 unless I wake up on my own. It became a habit, because of my daughter. I would stay up until 4 because that was 2 where she is, and my husband usually gets up around 4, so one of us is usually awake all the time in case she needs us.

Which ... does happen at anytime.

I laughed at you saying that Don relaxes because she's cheating! I agree though, I think he does too. At least other Dons in other saves. This one probably wouldn't.

Hmmmm, test save? Now I want to check what this Don will do if Thorne cheats on him 🤔

That's interesting that J is more tense with a Sim that you find clingy. Wow! The AI is just crazy.

I Love that Victorian house! I have to check if you uploaded it! Holy cow the dining room is unbelievable! Such elegance!

The other house is gorgeous too! I love the landscaping, and just love the whole exterior. It reminds me so much of the town I lived in as a teen! 😊

The kitchen is beautiful and bright! And that's such a great idea for the restaurant! To just use limited packs!

That's wild that Malcolm and Sophia are becoming a couple in your save, because they did in @ Ellupelluellu 's group home too, and are so cute together

Lol! I'm glad Don is behaving at the restaurant. But oh my God his behavior at your 100 babies house blows my mind! Wow

Dang I wish I could just sit and watch your game sometimes. I mean, the whole thing with Diego is funny as can be, being mad but still hanging around 😄 punching Blarfy and "helping" with homework 😅 but the fact that Don's daughters flirted with Diego and he freaked out about it is pure gold. Yes Don, all those women that you sleep with are someone's daughter too! You big dope! 😂 Tee hee, wrap them in a towel 😅

That's funny that Judith finally came over once you moved to the fancier home! Lol I And seeing her splash in a fountain made my day! So out of character 😂

I'm looking forward to pictures of their kids. Yay for red hair, lol

That looks like a cool picture to me too. The one of Mortimer. I've had that happen once. That every picture was rejected. It was odd, I was trying to read the instructions again to see if I missed something, but I should have looked it up on Carl's guide instead.

Who is the guy with braids? He has such an interesting face. I don't know how to describe it, like maybe delicate? Except he's got a beard! Lol Anyway I'm glad it sold quickly at your gallery!

So Moria came as a model again, how did you get Dominic there? They look great together. I'm not sure if Laney's gotten a bonus yet 🤔 I don't get to play her much, so I haven't taken any really difficult jobs yet.

I lucked out hard core one time when Laney called to hire models and Rita Hayworth showed up! I think that's Rita, right? I have 4 old starlets in that save and I confuse myself sometimes. I know she's not Marilyn Monroe anyway 😂

MWQsPJb.png
    rlXeJbw.png

5s8QOuo.png

zCuZ37V.png

The guy that's with her is one of Knox's many boyfriends. Tex, yes, his name is Tex, lol

I love the photography career! Look, another time Anaya Jang, @Daephene 's Athena, and Cenna's friend Lara's mom showed up! It's so fun!

SveDQUb.png
    iVIS3NC.png

Maybe you remember Lara?

5ItyuQw.png

Even Lily Feng has shown up, lol.

gn4SH08.png

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Deleted

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 thank you!

@DeafSimmer oof, Cassiopeia really needs to do something about those guys! But yeah, it would also be bad if she was exposed as a spellcaster and had people attack her out of fear or something, too :-\

@sarabeth2984 thank you! Still a few left unclaimed, yeah - Venessa Jeong, the Sigworths, Kahananuis, Ngatas, Elderberrys (Elderberries?), and the Best of Friends. Feel free to grab any of those! And oh yeah, Harvestfest should be... interesting XD

Ooh, level 10 gardening is great! You can now get rare seed packs and start filling out that collection! Wolfgang seems to be doing well :D Also for the pets, I think it's still glitchy? I just bought a whole stack of Wellness Treats and just give them out whenever a pet is sick. Plus side is you can also help cure strays! Oops, an F for Octavia XD;; Man, I can totally see Malcolm and Lilith P working together, unfortunately. That'd be a scary pair! Poor Geoffrey. I'm glad he and Johnny reconciled, at least! (Also, that's Gemma - Minerva's her elderly mother ;) ) Geoffrey and Clara, huh? I kind of... don't blame him, honestly! ...wow, and Nancy is down for the count! :o I kinda like how at the funeral, Gemma is crying but Johnny is like, "Honestly, I'm fine with this." What a ride! Glad Rocky had a much improved day, too!

@mercuryfoam thank you! And yup, it is! (I bailed from Tumblr after all the rule changes. Not that I posted stuff like that, but their terrible algorithm was picking up everything from animal pictures on up!) These are my main Sims posts there. And heh, it's that pool. The pool is alarmingly tempting!

@Zimz4 Grace is already super pretty, I just took off her makeup XD And yeah, poor Tomax gets some acne. They also both have braces XD Hey, Morgyn's bunny slippers are amazing ;) And yeah, we seriously need in-game body hair. TS3 did! For now, the ones I'm using are by Luumia. And yes, Harvestfest!! That's a challenge in and of itself, really!

@Daephene they became a meme during some sportsball event. I guess the Sims team felt they were needed XD And yeah, I'm so used to micromanaging that I'm just going, "Please, just go shower! Please, eat something other than coffee and popcorn! No, don't start dancing, you need the bathroom!!" Ahhh!!

@DarkAngel1994 I was... not expecting that combination of names. I was like, "Sagan, cool! What a great inspiration!" and then. Floor. Poor kiddo XD And Caleb and Don with their triplets, goodness! (I hc Caleb and Lilith as twins and apparently it's more common for multiples to run in the family, so if you have them as twins too, that could partially explain it XD) Oh wow, Autumn is a teenager now! Yeah, understandable she's still having nightmares about the Red Blood Moon, that was some traumatic stuff :( Ooh, and a secret crush, huh?

Oh goodness, I feel like I have to put sweaters on Nyx and Calista XD;; It's very odd seeing Sims you remember best as little kids, uh, all hangin' out! Yeah, I can understand why Atlas would be wary! And wow, good luck, Dylan!

@Tixyen aww, I'm hardly a professional XD It's meant to be a group collab, so if you want to jump in, please do, seriously! And wasn't it sweet? <3

@AlwaysAsking isn't Grace gorgeous? Her top is from Jungle Adventure! (Which is totally one of my favourites for sheer aesthetic!) I'm glad you like them :D Haven't worked out where to put them yet, the only ones I've definitely ruled out are Glimmerbrook (neither are spellcasters yet) and Windenburg (no more room!). Probably Sulani and Strangerville too, they're much more, uh, niche. I could see them working in Willow Creek or Brindleton Bay, particularly Brindleton Bay for the Collettes (lots of outdoorsy spaces!).

Heh, I think it was just the way the timing worked. Diego got up just as Don was getting ready to go to bed, so he grabbed it. And nope, not a pose!

He did eat the fruit salad, at least XD And no ice cream maker, nope! Oh god, imagine all the brainfreeze!

I might try testing it a few ways, yeah. Save As and see if it works in that one, see if it works on another lot, try removing some mods, stuff like that. I tried adding in a romance bar with UI Cheats and it didn't even appear, I tried manually doing a Romance interaction (just Flirt, which usually adds one), I'm going to try the actual in-game cheat and see if that at least gets a bar. I definitely want to see what romances are developing!

Hee, I feel Morgyn pretty much used to live entirely on Potions of Plentiful Needs and isn't entirely sure how to live normally any more XD "Wait, you mean I actually have to sleep? Boooooriiiiing!"
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Deleted

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited April 2020
    @KiniHokulani

Thats a neat idea, turning your simself into a guy! I can imagine the confusion though lol. And rofl were you trying to purge the devil from within??? Thats what I think of when I see burning and death in a sentence. Silent Hill must’ve left a bigger impact on me than I originally thought. At least they went out with a bang! I totally get what you mean by gravitating towards a certain way of speech. I can speak english proper, but if I meet someone who knows the local variant of english oh all hell breaks loose and people will not understand what we’re saying even though we’re speaking the same language because it’s that fused! I bet its the same for you! What do you call it? Have you guys named your variant of the language?

And you weren’t kidding when you said Sarelia has her work cut out for her. Sounds like you’ve made an entire town of Hokulanis lol it’s like a Hokulani invasion. Her seeds are taking up the entire Simsville! The whole time I’m reading about Sarelia I had one thought: She’s too cool. Look at those abs. Its other sims that should be running after her!!! I know what she’s suffering from. Perfect Girl Syndrome. I totally made that up. But what I’m referring to is the kind of woman who are so ‘perfect’ (so good looking, so successful, so independent) that suitors get intimidated by them. My gosh her sun lounger pictures make her look like an Amazonian goddess. Poor Safiya. Life is unfair like that. She deserves a happily ever after just like Kini. Why didn’t the game pick up on Kini’s romantic relationships I wonder. Am loving your Fran updates! How nostalgic!

@AlwaysAsking No worries you have a great story there it’s all well-deserved! I’m reserving a whole afternoon for your story this weekend. No distractions. Just me and a ‘book’. I’ll note the tips! Thank you :) But I’ll give it a shot from the beginning. I’m noting all your hints on Thorne’s personality! It’ll be great for following the current chapters. Can’t wait to see how it all originated! I hope my schedule clear up enough and I don’t need to wait for the weekend.

Aw if you ever want to give CC a shot, just know I’d be glad to help you out. I’m a huge advocate for CC as you can tell from my cinematic story. Without CC it’s just plain impossible for the level of detail I want and my way of storytelling. Thank you for your compliment on my story! That really made my day! Yes they’re fully aware that they’re in danger. They always are actually. I hope you don’t mind if I give you a synopsis of sorts because most of your questions can be answered if you knew their backstory. I’ll put it in here in case its not relevant:

Curtis and Athena's Backstory
    The story centralises around my teenage sorceress Athena, my 5th generation legacy family. Life-threatening tragedy seem to follow her everywhere and one of those incidents led her to meet Curtis and Kian who helped her. She becomes drawn to Curtis but the boys constantly distance themselves because they don’t want to get her involved in the mess of their lives. At this point of my story, they’ve relented because its safer for her to stick with them considering she had become a target. She doesn’t know that her tragic fate has something to do with her magical bloodline, which will be revealed in the further chapters. (Don’t worry this isn’t a spoiler) :)

Curtis’s family background is unknown. At 7, he’s already a street kid who has to fend for himself in the seedier side of SimCity, rife with trafficking, drugs and all sorts of vices. He’s got crime affiliations because to survive as a kid, he needed benefactors. Hence why he has a low opinion of himself and was suicidal. He's actually a good person deep down. The adults you saw in the latest chapter are those people. With crime affiliations comes rival gangs and syndicates, which are the other dead guys in the chapter. He’s constantly in an internal battle of keeping and pushing Athena away because he sees himself as a danger to her. (I was so impressed you picked up this trait of his from the few pictures I put up! Insane!)

Curtis’s crime affiliations are very powerful people. He doesn’t know it, but they’re creme de la creme / top dogs. It is not a coincidence that they took him under their wing. Curtis may be using them, but they’re using him too.

Thank you for being honest with me!! Feedback like yours is exactly what I need. I was concerned about the pictures being not clear enough and your feedback sealed the deal. I’ll use a third party program to enhance the pictures in my next chapter! Please let me know if they are clear enough! And I need to insist that you be just as candid as you are now! I’m not made of glass. And this is the only way for me to improve :)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I will do some comments for the two recent pages, took the rest of the day off commenting
    yesterday.

@AlwaysAsking

Damian is a very handsome looking guy.
    You are great at editing sims.
    Gabe is looking hot too, you have a game full of hot guys hehe,
    and to think its actually the same sim how cool.

@Tixyen

she has a wonderful hair color, I love it,
    and in real life, I'm not much for pink at all haha.

@sarabeth2984

I love the building, it looks great.

@March306

Very lovely family in the first photo.

@Zimz4

Enjoyed the update

@mercuryfoam

The story is amazing, been reading it the other day and
    also bookmarked the blog.

@KiniHokulani

wow, 60 kids, you are almost done
    keep it going.

• Options
    Update

h8UfuuP.png

1JSc7ss.png

Lori loves her greenhouse, she takes care of the plants
    everyday.

0QftsGO.png

Morgyn had entered her yard without an invite, then he proceeded to enter
    her greenhouse, Lori had to ask him to leave.

NJr1RZa.png

J8d14lP.png

Later she practiced her magic for the next time she would
    enter the realm.

All for now

• Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    @mercuryfoam And this is indeed what usually happens. It's just there a "customers" who are there just to have a chat and they can cause people to bunch up. Combine this with shelves for photo cameras and you get a blob.By spacing things out and distributing merchandise in rows (Popular - unpopular - popular - unpopular) customers now tend to spread around evenly and form groups. I need to do more testing and perhaps I'll release the shop today or tomorrow.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    Joyce777Joyce777 Posts: 74 Member
    Today when I play. I'm gonna make a Sim to help me decide on what my first Sims4 Challenge will be. She will be the Matriarch for the one she chooses. Help narrow down to the top 5 beginner challenges. And go from their. She wanted to wait 30 days after she started the game to start the challenge so she can learn how to play the game better and decide on what packs to get for next month. She will also help decide what blog to use.
    Sims4 ID: LaynieJ
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    @mercuryfoam And this is indeed what usually happens. It's just there a "customers" who are there just to have a chat and they can cause people to bunch up. Combine this with shelves for photo cameras and you get a blob.By spacing things out and distributing merchandise in rows (Popular - unpopular - popular - unpopular) customers now tend to spread around evenly and form groups. I need to do more testing and perhaps I'll release the shop today or tomorrow.

Looking forward to your release!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Answering some mentions maybe update later! :smile:

@DarkAngel1994
    Oooo~ All the kids look great! And already an interesting start to the story! Ah teens wanting to move out, will have to see what happens!

I also have been playing an NSB Challenge I’ve not shared any of it, but my yellow gen is a teen right now, I personal really enjoy the challenge, especially because it has be combine traits, skills, and aspirations I would normally not together.

@ryttu3k
    Very sweet and thank you! Oh, I know and I commend all your awesome premade de-aged but I have enough trouble dressing my own sims half the time lol, you all have fun~

@KiniHokulani

Haha yeah that is what made it so funny hehe, Ooooo these good-looking sims! Sarelia is gorgeous and luck sure was in her favor with all those compatible traits that fit her!

I’d love to see an element baby so good luck!

Poor newbie, pregnancy being hard on her, glad she is getting the hang of the ropes! Wow 60, this challenge is gong super-fast (at least in my perspective don’t know about you :lol:) you go!

Thanks for the hair link, I can’t wait to put both Kini in my game and see what they do!

Safiya got the man then lost the man cuz MCCC can be a derp!

I’m glad you found a way to continue on with that outcome until sadly she passed on huge RIP for her, but if you don’t want that to happen again follow the steps in spoilers!
    This method can only be done to someone not in the active household.
    1. Go to the relationship panel.
    2. Click on panel of the non-active sim you want and go into MCCC menu that pops up.
    3. Once there, go to, Sim flags. There is a lot in there you can change and mess around with giving you a lot of control!
    4. But, you want to go to MC Pregnancy.
    5. And you can flag any couple to never break up, so that won’t happen if MCCC is a plum 😊
    PS: If it is not in MC Flags Pregancy, I know it is somewhere in those flags, I am waiting for my new laptop to arrive, so I have not update my game or MCCC to the lastest versions so could be different.

@Silverofdreams30
    Same here! I don’t really like pink IRL, but she pulls it off! Thanks for the comment~
    I’m glad to see Lori continues to do well for herself! The garden looks very fruitful!
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited September 2020
    Important note: I was thinking about the way my updates are linked. I have the "beginning" "previous" and "next" buttons but sometimes I have to find a certain update to check in with things and clicking "previous" a few dozen times isn't ideal. So I decided to make a navigation with the most important updates. Obviously not all of them, that would be way too much! :D Just certain timestamps like "Peter's first time at Sulani", "Steve leaving Tony", "Moving to Sulani", etc, so if someone wanted to read about a certain period of time they didn't have to click on "previous update" a couple dozen times. So if there are certain moments you want to reread or you're completely new to the story but don't want to read it from the beginning then you can check out the spoiler tag :)

STORY NAVIGATION:
    • The Adoption of Peter Stark click
    • Off to Sulani click
    • (next update - Thor's Introduction)
    • Back to Del Sol Valley + Nick Fury's Introduction click
    • Tony's Birthday - The Kiss that Began it All click
    • (next update - Consequences)
    • Peter Ages Up + Oasis Springs Cruise click
    • Holiday Season click
    • Everything Goes Downhill + Tony Stark's Tour Season click
    • The Birthday Tony Forgot, The Destruction of Tony's and Steve's Relationship click
    • Steve Leaves click
    • next update - The Motel + Katrina and the Kids)
    • Flashback Sequence - How Tony Met Steve click
    • (next updates - Tony's Breakdown, Steve Finds Out the Truth, STS - Saving Tony Stark)
    • Dream Sequence - The Inside of Tony's Mind click
    • (next updates - Reunion, Nick Releases the Photos, Call of Thor)
    • Welcome to Sulani click
    • Morgan's Birth + Meeting Dwayne click
    • The Evil Woman - Tony's First Panic Attack click
    • Nightmare Sequence - Tony's Childhood + How Tony Met Nick click
    • Toddler Morgan click
    • (previous update - The Proposal + Peter's First Slow Dance) (next update - The Wedding)
    • The Thrilling Adventures of Thor Odinson and Antony Stark - A Tale about Tony's and Thor's childhood click
    • The Honeymoon + Nick's First Move click
    • The Toddler Series click
    • Dwayne's off to College click
    • (next update - Dwayne and Peter Confess Their Feelings)
    • Chielf's Gone + The Introduction of Quentin + Peter Becomes Chief click
    • (next updates - Quentin Brainwashes Peter, Peter Fights with Parents, Peter Signs Away Sulani)
    • The Start of Nick Fury's Gameclick
    • The Start of a New Life click
    • (previous update - the end of Nick Fury)
    • The Terrible News click
    • Child Morgan + Moving on to Brindleton Bay click
    • Gen 3 click
    • The beginning of Ianto's story click
    • (previous update - the story of Steve and Peggy)

More updates will be added as the story progresses :)

P.S "next update" means the update right after the linked one. Because sometimes they're important too.

@Zimz4
    (page 664) That was a really good story, especially how you captured the expressions of your sims in the screenshots. (page 670) The plot thickens with lots of screenshots perfectly capturing the narrative.
    Thank you so much! :relaxed:
    Also, can't Thor drop Nick into the local volcano or something? Or maybe shoot Nick with a freeze ray, repeatedly. Because that dude seriously needs to chill.
    Ahaha... Well obviously they could, but besides the fact that it would be murder... :sweat_smile: They know that Nick isn't the only one. There's at least Quentin involved but probably much more people. And they would definitely make sure to burn the island to crisp.

@ryttu3k
    if I ever decide to test out Certain Mods, I will ensure that Nick is the one I test it out on ;) Maybe Thorne too, hmm...
    That would be excellent, please do share the results :smirk:
    Oh jeez oh jeez here comes trouble... Man, Nick is straight out a... word I can't say on the forums, but rest assured I am thinking it very strongly! What an evil man, god, my heart hurts... there has to be a way around it. Something to prove that Quentin influenced Peter into signing over the rights, maybe it didn't count because he's underaged or something...
    Yeah, unfortunately, Peter isn't underage. He's nineteen even though he acts much younger :tongue:
    Thank you!

@AlwaysAsking
    Oh I should have been clearer. I meant I wish Tony could insist that Steve stop acting like that. Specifically for the reasons you point out. He knows personally that it doesn't work. I certainly understand that Steve is feeling the sting a bit stronger, but he doesn't know how it feels to have a parent be mad at him. Well, except for a time he went swimming without permission 😄 and Tony does know how it feels.
    Ah, I see :) Yes, indeed, very true. But Tony is very torn in this situation himself. He isn't sure he can go farther then giving Steve advices because once again - he was never there. Because of that, he doesn't feel like he has the right to tell Steve what's best.
    I'm not letting Peter off the hook like that either. Morgan shouldn't have been there. Peter can be mad, but refusing to help at all, that's really too far. At that point I'm not sure what I'd do as a parent, but it wouldn't necessarily be good. 🤔
    Oh for sure, a lot of this is on Peter. Not letting him off the hook yet!
    Dear God I wish Peter had been there to see what his reckless anger has done to the island he loves.
    Don't worry, we'll get to him...
    Oh, which reminds me, even if they give Tony to Nick, Nick will destroy the island out of spite anyway.
    Probably. I mean, he owns a whole island now, would be such a shame not to mess around with it. There's no win here :disappointed:
    I'm putting my trust in island spirits 😉
    Hmmm... Maybe, maybe... ;)
    Thank you!

@Tixyen
    After finishing this segment I have to say that! EVERYTHING IS RUINED AAAAAAAAH! *sobs with Thor* Noooooooooo! And You sick plum plummer! Plumming! Arrrgh nothing is gonna be good enough for Nick Fury nothing is gonna be satisfying enough if anything does happen to him I HATE him! -goes back to crying-
    I'm so sowwy :bawling:
    But excellent update despite the context!
    Thank you! <3

@LehmanLegacy
    I am going to cry, Thor must be absolutely devastated he may have inadvertently lead Nick to Sulani.
    Honestly, because of Thor's way of thinking, it probably hit him harder then anyone else :disappointed:
    I'm so worried about what's going to happen in the future- hopefully they will be able to come together to all think of a plan to save Sulani!
    Not going into spoilers but hopefully they will...
    Thank you!

@ChuChuExpress
    And Nasty Nick continues his family bothering spree...
    I know, he's such a sick guy :weary:
    Thank you!

@mercuryfoam
    Oh that’s amazing the amount of work you put in your screenshots! I’m writing those color alternations down. I use gimp but I think I can find where everything is, except the street food filter lol. I’ll check out Photoscape too Thank you!
    Oh it's nothing too special, the program does all of the work for me :sweat_smile: I'm really glad you like it <3
    The “my dad would take off his belt” got me all cringey. But that’s true. :\
    Yeeeah, Steve had a very old fashioned childhood. Very old-fashioned, to say the very least... I'm actually planning on doing flashbacks but it probably will take me forever to get there, unless I figure out how to fit them in sooner, hehe.
    I love how real your characters feel. Even this sick guy. I’m totally roped in, finding myself thinking of ways to beat Nick at his game.
    Ahh, thank you so much! <3:relaxed:
    Do you write your story anywhere or only the forums?
    Yep, I also began posting it from the start on instagram a week ago :relieved: my username is koteyka.simmer. It'll probably be much shorter there because I'll throw out the unnecessary bits :)

@Silverofdreams30
    Is Nick a villain of sorts? Interesting character.
    Yep, he's the main villain of the story. In short, Tony used to be an actor and Nick was his agent. Then Tony decided to leave the acting system and Nick... didn't take it lightly. He twisted Tony's life, ruined his reputation and practically forced him to flee to Sulani. If you're interested in the story arc from the beginning you can click on the "beginning" button or check my simstagram where I'm currently posting from the start and haven't gotten too far yet. My username is koteyka.simmer :)

@Daravi
    I would lend you my Charlotte for destroying Nick, but I bet the family will have their own way to deal with him, I'm for sure. :smiley:
    Hehe thanks :blush:

@sarabeth2984
    Maybe a shark might eat Nick. That would make me happy
    Heheh, that would make me happy too :tongue:
    Thank you!
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited April 2020
    "Tony, I cannot hold this cup of hot cocoa in my hand all day, you'll have to drink it eventually."
    eOdcDrX.jpg

"Just leave it, Mel," quietly said Tony.
    "I promise you'll feel a lot better after you drink it. Tony, I insist."
    "He took Morgan..."
    yEJEaFN.jpg

"Morgan is here!! Look, she's over there, talking to Kai, the police officer.... She's fine, Tony," Mele sighed. "She's fine."
    4yijPiR.jpg

"Anything could happen, Mel... Anything... And she heard everything he said, she- And h-he has the key to my house now, he's going to target Steve next... I should've just gone with him, I-"
    "Don't be ridiculous, you're not going anywhere."
    ORYLC3k.jpg

"Morgan seems to be fine," Kai said. "Completely unaware about the whole situation. Which doesn't mean I won't file a report on that plum-"
    tzb2K3q.jpg

"Tony!"
    s3H3YNb.jpg
    More under the cut:
    "Steve... Thor..."
    ehlZ0w2.jpg

One second passed and Thor was already hugging Tony so hard he could almost feel his bones crack.
    "Tony, Tony, I'm so sorry... I'm so... so sorry..."
    Yabu1UF.jpg

"Papa!"
    wMBQ4nO.jpg

"Oh Morgan you're okay..." Steve exhaled in relief.
    "This was a veeeery long day at work, Papa!"
    1lyqEQJ.jpg

"Steve, I- Nick's here, he- he took- Oh Steve..."
    "Shh, calm down, love. I know. I'm here."
    aKre8RD.jpg

"What did he do? Can you tell me?.."
    "He just... talked," Tony muttered, shaking his head. "He was holding Morgan... I left her playing outside and he just- he just- He could do anything to her and there was nothing I could do... and you know- how, did he..."
    "He came into our house," Steve sighed.
    3aQUluw.jpg

"Oh god... Does- does Peter..."
    "No, he wasn't at home."
    "He threatened to take over Sulani... I-I don't understand, how he could find us, we changed everything, we- It's all my fault, I should've never came here, I-"
    wOTZiTE.jpg

"It's my fault," quietly said Thor. "I'm so, so, so sorry... I told him by accident..."
    "No Thor, it's mine," said Steve "If I haven't pushed Peter-"
    d9NlcH4.jpg

"Okay all three of you, calm down!" Kai firmly said. "Look, if it's everyone's fault then it's no one's, because that means that anyone could be in your place! Look, I don't know much about this Nick guy, but if everything Tony and Mele explained to me is true then he's a very dangerous person and I suggest to put our minds together and figure a way to make things right instead of moping around! No more blaming, okay?"
    WIHlQ5o.jpg

"There's nothing to figure out," quietly said Tony. "I'll go with him. It's the only way."
    hLcz1SX.jpg

"Tony no..."
    "You know it's the only way. You've seen what he's capable of. He'll destroy the island. I can't have that on my conscience. He came for me... So I'll go."
    NylDTr3.jpg

"Wait wait wait. This is ridiculous. We are NOT giving you away to some psychopath."
    S9mGOSo.jpg

"Of course not! Certainly, this isn't even up for discussion!"
    FYi1Gdn.jpg

"You don't know what he's capable of. He has all of the power in the world. He'll make sure every single person here suffers because of me..."
    bbu1JXI.jpg

"Tony, do you want to leave?"
    8nRThH3.jpg

Tony sobbed and shook his head.
    "I don't want to go," he whispered. "I don't want to go..."
    yJJ4mGz.jpg

"Then it's settled," gently said Kai. "You're staying."
    jCwZbGY.jpg

"It's going to end up very badly if I don't..."
    "We'll see about that."
    Tony sighed.
    "Seriously, you shouldn't... You shouldn't be taking responsibility on our problems. I mean... You don't even know us that well, we're probably just strangers to you..."
    dp8hYw8.jpg

"You might wanna take that back right this moment, hun. Because you're as much a part of this community as anyone else! How can you even think otherwise, did we even make you feel like you're not a part of Sulani?"
    "No, you're all very nice, I meant from our side-"
    "Well then what's all of this nonsense talk about? Shush!"
    XFHipKD.jpg

"I'm calling up a meeting. We'll explain what's going on, what's at stake and have a vote. If at least one person votes for you to leave, we'll give you that choice. If not... Well... Sorry pal, you're stuck with us..."
    lJ7jVjo.jpg

While the grownups were discussing their problems, Peter, Ned and Michelle discussed the new possibilities opening with Quentin as their new chief...
    "I don't know Peter... It does make sense since he's Keala's descendant, plus a lawyer and stuff... But I still feel like you should've talked to someone first!"
    "Yeah, you really hurried there."
    "Guys. There was literally no one else. I'm sure if I told the adults first they'd agree with me."
    "Yeah, you're probably right..."
    U81D7ph.jpg

"How are you holding up with your dads?.."
    "I'd rather not talk about that," Peter sighed. "See you tomorrow?"
    "See you!"
    "Night..."
    ioWuvkU.jpg

The lights were flickered off when Peter walked in. No sign of Tony, Steve or Morgan either. He did hear some voices upstairs, so perhaps they were in Morgan's room. Probably reading her a bedtime story or doing something else equally as stupid.
    SdhzAIR.jpg

But as Peter got closer, he realised the voices didn't belong to Tony or Steve or Morgan. Besides, they were coming from his own room...
    "What the..."
    s6SpOdn.jpg

"Wow, they really do treat him terribly. Look at this place! The kid got nowhere to stash his toys... By the way you're saying he's nineteen?"
    "I know it's surprising, sir, he looks at least three years younger and acts even worse then that."
    "Yeah, those mental health problems he had clearly didn't go anywhere..."
    f0CkUel.jpg

"You know Quentin, I'm surprised they didn't return back on day one. especially judging by what a selfish little brat he grew up in, ready to turn his back on the people who so kindly offered him a place to stay any second-"
    sLMuHns.jpg

"Oh hello, Peter. Why don't you come in?"
    A8OaB2t.jpg

Meanwhile, the meeting at the coffee shop was coming to an end. As promised, Kai made an anonymous voting system where everyone wrote on a piece of paper whether they thought Tony should leave or not.
    ULmXpIH.jpg

"Alright. We know the consequences. We know what this man is capable of. We have ten people here. Ten votes. Let's check the results..."
    cdi6GpE.jpg

"Not a single vote against you, Tony. So, as the police officer of Sulani I'm putting you personally on island arrest. You are not to leave this island under any circumstances. Not till I say otherwise."
    xlj1rRU.jpg

Tony sighed.
    "Seriously, guys, it warms my heart that you care, but you have to let me go..."
    Despite the misery of the situation, a few chuckles were heard.
    "I'm serious!"
    0aiTJsa.jpg

"And so are we," firmly said Kai. "Sorry but without a chief I'm the highest authority you're gonna get. And my decision is final. You are forbidden to leave."
    "You don't understand what you're getting yourself into..."
    pkRJhWc.jpg

"Tony, we realise the risk! But you have to be real here, what are the chances that Nick will leave us alone even if we hand you over?"
    kLz4mKh.jpg

"That's true," Steve muttered. "Knowing Nick... Gosh, we should've never came here, we were so stupid..."
    "Hey, hey, no self-blaming, okay? Look, we know things are about to get bad. We also know that if our ancestors didn't stick together as a community, if our ancestors fell apart every single time something went wrong, we wouldn't be standing here. For generations the people of Sulani stood by each other, defended each other and stayed together no matter what!"
    "This is different... you dealt with your own problem, these were brought by us..."
    "No Steve, you're the one wrong. If you think you're the only people who came to Sulani to hide from something, you're very wrong."
    r7fYnJy.jpg

"A lot of us here have stories to tell, even if they're not ours, but our parents and grandparents. There isn't a single soul who's family came here from a good life because see, people who have it good in life don't look so far!"
    jkm20xy.jpg

"All of our families came here running from trouble and all of our families brought consequences with them. Some worse then others. And instead of turning their backs, the other islanders accepted those consequences and helped to deal with them. Just like we will help you. Because that's what makes us a community. That's what defines Sulani. So if you think for one moment that someone in this room blames you for what happened, if you dare think that a single soul wants you gone, you're wrong. We've all been there. Our families been there. Any questions?"
    There were no questions.
    flXjNUK.jpg

"Good. Now I want you all to go home and get a good rest. The next week is promising to be chaotic. Luana, you're the oldest person on Sulani, I want you to bring me everything you know on Keala, her family, the rights she had on the island, Lily, I need you to help me prepare safety lessons for the children, Thor-"
    iJnKSQJ.jpg

"Oh my goodness," Mele gasped.
    qJAbAro.jpg

"Lovely meeting you've got going here... Tony, hurry up, we've got a plane to catch."
    M5aWUUA.jpg

"Tony's not going anywhere," coldly said Kai. "In fact, he's technically under arrest."
    OtrTXxG.jpg

"Oh? And who might you be?"
    "Sulani's police officer."
    "Hmm... So much strength... I'll have so much fun breaking you down, boy."
    06v4a0j.jpg

"Get out of my shop, NOW!"
    "I feel like we have a misunderstanding here," Nick smiled. "First of all, this land belongs to me so it's MY shop. Second, if you don't let me take Tony, I'll take your island. Perhaps you don't know? Was Theo too busy crying and didn't fill you in with the horrible details of my plan?"
    aTxFwCr.jpg

"You will NOT have Sulani. But you won't have Tony either. We'll find a way to kick you out, believe us, we've dealt with worse then a petty rich man!"
    2jULgDg.jpg

Nick stopped smiling.
    "So be it," he sharply said. "Your precious little island will burn to crisp in agony, just watch me... tourist season is coming soon... Tony!"
    ziRb8TZ.jpg

Tony flinched.
    "Y-yes?" he whispered.
    sEVBAcV.jpg

"What I do to this island, what I do to all of the poor uncivilised people that live here... It's all on you, Tony. Remember that."
    JctEK4H.jpg

He left. The entire meeting went silent.
    et9Sl7s.jpg

"This won't end well..."
    "It's not like we had a lot of options..."
    CUmsjea.jpg

"You know things would be easier with me gone,"Tony sighed. Steve didn't reply.
    "We'll see what happens," he said instead. "C'mon, let's put Morgan to bed."
    42LkTEG.jpg

As they went up the stairs and went pass Peter's room Tony suddenly noticed dirt footprints. They clearly didn't belong to Peter.
    "Look..."
    "Nick told us not to take too long," Steve whispered. They both realised the same thing.
    kAFdRJk.jpg

"Peter, open up!"
    "Peter, are you in there!?"
    8cMfrkb.jpg

"Go away," Peter let out a muffled sob. "Please just... just go..."
    sdJ0fOv.jpg

"Peter, we're coming in."
    M2ZwlbD.jpg

"Hey... Are you okay-"
    FE3QAv6.jpg

"They gave me a Boba Fett figure," Peter whispered. "The rarest one. With a rocket launcher... They thanked me... said I was an amazing help... welcomed me to the dark side..."
    drqR2mh.jpg

"Oh Peter-"
    KzHWzMh.jpg

"Don't!" Peter flinched. "Don't... No... Just go... I-I-I messed up so bad, I... I was so busy thinking about myself, I was so selfish, I didn't... I... I'm... I'm such a terrible person... I was supposed to look after Morgan... Now everything went wrong and it's all my fault, it's all my fault..."
    iplliK3.jpg

"So you too think it's all your fault, huh," Tony smiled a bit. "Got a lot of that going around."
    Z8qknYs.jpg

"Look, Peter. Nick.. and people who follow Nick, like Quentin... They have a special way of talking to people. A very smart way. I've lived under Nick's pressure for years and I'm very sorry you had to experience that. I am so, so sorry..."
    Kgnt3hL.jpg

"What's done is done and we can't turn time back, but I want you to know - it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for being caught in the crossfire. It could be any one of us. Could be me. Was me."
    oDEyIBa.jpg

"I signed Sulani away. I signed it away to a complete stranger, and I sold you out and now they- they said they'll take you away, da-"
    Peter paused. A tear rolled down his cheek.
    "I don't know if I'm even allowed to call you that anymore... I don't think I deserve that. You should just throw me out. For real. I'm the worst son possible... I'm so sorry..."
    JbFtubO.jpg

"Hey, hey... It's okay," Tony gently stroked his cheek. "I'm not mad at you. It's a bad situation, but you're still my son, and we'll get through this together."
    plZ4en0.jpg

"I love you, Peter..."
    HLJ6HBh.jpg

"But I'm not the one you should be asking forgiveness from."
    Peter heavily sighed.
    NHnN58b.jpg

He got up.
    "I... I'm really sorry," he mumbled, not looking directly at Steve. "You were always there for me when I needed you... And- and- you always made me feel like I'm a part of a family... you never made me think I'm unwanted, or- And I just- I don't know what's gotten into me, I don't know how I could just forget about all of that... I feel so ridiculous and- and-"
    CC9WvS9.jpg

Peter broke into tears.
    "I'm so sorry! If you- If you stop calling me your son I'll understand... I was so stupid... I don't think anything I can say will make it better, I'm just so sorry... How will I ever make this better..."
    7XQWIWK.jpg

Steve gently brought him into an embrace.
    "Shh. It's okay, Peter. I forgive you."
    oSJy1T9.jpg

"Am I... Am I still your son?" Peter mumbled. "Can I still be that?.."
    "Always."
    "Oh Pa..."
    NaB7bd4.jpg

Tony smiled.
    "So... Dwayne, huh?"
    dOi1HJ8.jpg

"You really want to talk about this now?" Peter nervously chuckled.
    "If you're willing to share..."
    Peter was willing.
    jv8bMt5.jpg

"...And then he asked me to walk him to the bus stop... And that's pretty much it. But it was... It was very nice."
    "We're burying him to the ground."
    "Why!?"
    "Why do you think, he's five years older!"
    "Seriously guys, have you seen your age gap?"
    "You've got a point there..."
    f9m8J0C.jpg

"You know Peter... when we had our... uh... first... Steve was supposed to leave too. But he didn't," Tony smiled proudly.
    VLMufvS.jpg

"Leave you? Like that was an option," Steve softly smiled. "It was love at first sight."
    "You guys got it so easy," Peter muttered. "Love at first sight, blah blah blah... I'm never going to have anyone."
    "You're seriously underestimating yourself... Besides, college doesn't go on forever."
    "Yeah but... I don't think Dwayne was really that into me... I mean, we could've given it a shot but he was so worried about it not working out that he didn't even consider that maybe it could..."
    5oFSCQi.jpg

"Well he has a point, you're still a kid. Things might change.
    "Maybe it'll be a girl."
    "Ohhh, Steve, that's something new..."
    "I want grandchildren, okay!? Is that too much to ask?" Steve scoffed.
    "That generation and children?" Tony grinned. "I think the most we can hope for is a dog..."
    "Exactly, which is why I'm saying that if it's a girl, we'll get a higher chance..."
    VCccF8v.jpg

"Okay, that's just your inner boomer from the sixties speaking... And you said something about age difference, Peter? This guy is clearly much older then me."
    Peter smiled.
    "I'm just really glad we're friends again..."
    Even though they all knew life wasn't going to get easier anytime soon, they still joked and laughed as if everything was fine. And for the time being, it was...
    0bqgXY5.jpg

But then there was one more thing Peter had to do.
    "Hey Morgan... Mooorgan... psst, are you asleep?"
    "Nu-uh..."
    c1tNv4V.jpg

"Hey! I just wanted to wish you goodnight... Haven't done that in a while...
    "Peter? Why are you mad at me?" whispered Morgan. Peter sighed.
    "I'm not, Morgie..." he mumbled.
    "Well you never want to play with me anymore."
    cLJInUB.jpg

"I'm very sorry. I was... I was selfish. I was jealous of you, I thought Pa and Dad like you more then me. Imagine that!"
    "Wow, you were reeeeeally stupid..."
    "Yeah... And I came to apologise for being such a terrible big brother... because... I'm a little less stupid now. Can you forgive me, Morgie-bear?"
    "Yea.."
    Bc0lFoO.jpg

"Really? Best friends again?"
    "U-huh."
    Peter smiled.
    "Thanks, Morgan. Really. Thanks."
    And that settled everything for Peter. He went to bed with a peaceful mind, ready to fight whatever Nick had planned tomorrow.
    LEvD8Q4.jpg

But what about Tony and Steve?..
    YwcndlN.jpg

"Tony!?" panting an sweating, Steve woken up from a nightmare. Tony was gone.
    wMSjThu.jpg

Wasn't hard to find him though.
    RYhzcxd.jpg

"What are you doing here?" whispered Steve. "Gosh, I thought... I thought you left..."
    Tony bit his lip.
    ggeqtIt.jpg

"I can't- can't leave her," he quietly said. "I just... Every time I close my eyes I remembered that Nick has the key to our house and he can come in any second... Do what he wants..."
    I1JWxib.jpg

"Take what he wants..."
    xbXGSbF.jpg

"Tony, he's just trying to scare us..."
    qnOTUod.jpg

"Well what if he isn't!? I can't- I can't risk it, I have to be on guard, I always have to be on guard..."
    hT8Nrr7.jpg

Tony sighed,
    "I'm so tired... But I always have to be on guard," he whispered. "I have to."
    54v7cJy.jpg

"We promised nothing will ever happen to her..."
    emWHI3u.jpg
    (Btw those last 8 pics - I couldn't find any poses that fit the image I had in my head, so... I made them myself!! :open_mouth:)
    |Navigation|Beginning|Previous update|Next update|
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Koteyka

Thanks, I use Instagram, I guess that is what you meant with simstagram haha.
    I will look it up.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited April 2020
    Today I've done additional testing, this time focusing on potential changes to inner placement and/or relocation of merchandise.

Let's start with a negative one:

4YHsqdX.png

Ste store was never intended for hanging merchandise such as wall-mounted TV and while space is available and sims have no issues performing their animations to these items, they usually tend to do so with slowdowns and clipping through tables. There is definite potential there, but not without issues.

Additional testing revealed that while shop responds well to changing of central small tables to larger ones, it does cause small yet noticeable decrease n customer flow efficiency. Essentially more merchandise at the cost of efficiency.

On a positive note:

SsmyZ04.png

Replacing the couch with more merch doesn't affect the flow negatively.

On the side note, the outer section of the shop -

lDV8IeQ.png

- does occasionally cause custodians to leave the store to mop the puddles, but this is not significant and has its uses. In addition, this part can be safely removed altogether to either expand the store or to comfortably tuck it in 20x15 lot. Which is good.

In the variant I'm using the "Circuit" has 26 items for sale. Depending on merchandise choice, the store can easily support 40+ items without any need for layout change.

That's it for now.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @DeafSimmer (p. 676 segment) I can see that the plot is thickening. It will be very interesting when this potential couple finally decides to trust in the other. The plot thickens …
    Hm, the next segment is on page 675 (my email must be messing with the order of emails :open_mouth: ) I see the mean girls are back. Kudos to Cassiopeia for having a firm grip on her own responses.
    p. 680 Well, it's about time. LOL Cassiopeia, you go, girl!
    p. 681 For some odd reason, it still feels as if I'm reading these segments out-of-order. But, I'm very glad that Cassiopeia decided to act. Very good group of segments. And I'm glad Chase had the courage to break up with that Diva.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    thesimmers340thesimmers340 Posts: 21 Member
    I destroyed Goth's marriage for the eighth time :D
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I destroyed Goth's marriage for the eighth time :D

Bella is too young for boring old Morty in TS4 and their boring kids (must both take from their father). She is much better off in Don Lothario's arms and having 100 babies with him.

And I did not write that...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top