Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting? What the...

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited March 2020
    Your sim will probably sit there and knit something for like a couple of minutes then a blanket, scarf or whatever magically appears. It probably be something the player end up watching on speed mode just to get it over and done with and won't even realize it.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Your sim will probably sit there and knit something for like a couple of minutes then a blanket, scarf or whatever magically appears. It probably be something the player end up watching on speed mode just to get it over and done with and won't even realize it.

Or stop in the middle to go get another glass of water... :D

I do like the idea that there will be a finished product though for your sims to wear. Hoping those toys make it through the vote too so grandparents can knit their grandkid a toy.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Well, if the clown doll makes it into the pack my "Vlad the Hilarious" is gonna pick up knitting (he's already into bakeing, he doesn't eat any of it but it helps him relax).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? How exciting will it be to watch my Sim sit in a chair or maybe, more excitingly, a sofa and manipulate two sticks to create a scarf, sweater, or hat!?! OMG how exciting! It simply takes my breath away. I can't imagine how marvelous it will be when that pack comes out. I bet it beats all sales of previous packs to date.

You all realize I'm being snarky?

simmers myself included voted for it.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    Honestly it shouldn't be a stuff pack, it should just be an update to add a knitting skill and a few items around that.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Reading through this, because I did learn to knit Scandinavian, and haven't done it since though it was cool to learn, I laughed about the idea that elders and anyone not in the labor market need to knit to keep busy. Won't they all be PC gaming? The current crop of graying heads started off with Pong, and ASCII graphics games, and why would they give it up once they had more ti e to do it? Imma be rocking my gaming PC in my dodderage, don't know about you! 😄
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    SimsQueer wrote: »
    Honestly it shouldn't be a stuff pack, it should just be an update to add a knitting skill and a few items around that.

a whole stuff pack,

new skill
    build/buy
    create a sim

its not just the skill that will be in a pack.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Reading through this, because I did learn to knit Scandinavian, and haven't done it since though it was cool to learn, I laughed about the idea that elders and anyone not in the labor market need to knit to keep busy. Won't they all be PC gaming? The current crop of graying heads started off with Pong, and ASCII graphics games, and why would they give it up once they had more ti e to do it? Imma be rocking my gaming PC in my dodderage, don't know about you! 😄

I think knitting is a perfectly fine hobby, and tons of people are doing it from all ages. The whole "granny" thing needs to go, I know that much. Old people IRL, are far more likely to watch Netflix, go clubbing or whatever these days. Knitting HAS made a bit of a resurgence among younger people. Also, basically it was to hipsters 15 years ago what sour dough bread was 5 years ago. That thing guys with piercings, fedoras and long beards were doing more than anyone else in the country.

Anyway, my point is that if you find a knitter in Sweden today, it is far more likely the person is between 25 and 45 than 65+.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2020
    While it is good that those who voted for for it may get what they wished for but this is one pack I may have to bow out on as I do not see any excitement in it and this is my feeling alone. Now if I can get it for $2.99 and it is possible I may get it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I was one of the people who voted for knitting but I've not really liked a lot of the items that were picked so I'll almost certainly wait for it to go on sale.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Are you kidding me? How exciting will it be to watch my Sim sit in a chair or maybe, more excitingly, a sofa and manipulate two sticks to create a scarf, sweater, or hat!?! OMG how exciting! It simply takes my breath away. I can't imagine how marvelous it will be when that pack comes out. I bet it beats all sales of previous packs to date.

It's a stuff pack. Don't want it, don't buy it. No need to be rude about it.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »

It's a stuff pack. Don't want it, don't buy it. No need to be rude about it.

I... am a little bit salty about it because it is the second community stuff pack and the second that is almost completely uninteresting to me (although the first one is worse, since it seemed what I wanted actually won (Eco living) until it was gutted by voters to just be laundry).
    So I have come to the conclusion that there's no point in me engaging in these votes anymore since my taste is not anywhere near the majority and so I just see if there is any cute CAS items in it and if so get it on a 50% sale.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Hm, I think I'm going to sit this one out as well. Not the most exciting concept I've ever heard of. :lol:
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'll buy it. It's not something that I actually envisioned my Sims to do and not all of my Sims go jump on the knitting wagon BUT it's new activity and I know I am going to sound stereotypical here :lol: but it's a great thing for grandmas and yes, grandpas to do. I just hope my Sims are able to teach the younger generations to knit and sow. Or is it sew?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Sew. Sow is casting/planting seeds into a field. Hence the saying you reap what you sow. Not my idea of a fun pack either. Either we have a boring community or EA is going by plurality instead of majority.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m actually looking forward to this. As someone who enjoys crafty things irl, I would very much love for my sims to have something like this to do. We are lacking those kinds of activities in game. Besides we can’t all get what we want, there are so many others playing this game and all with different wants and desires for content.
    What kind of content are you wanting?
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    A little bit off topic, but - gotta love CC creators. I've found a lovely set of candles, Gothic furniture set and a reskin for everything plasma fruit related to be more like actual blood. A small stuff pack, if you will.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    DylanJ10000DylanJ10000 Posts: 22 Member
    I feel the same way! Though, the outfits for this pack look pretty awesome! I'm particularly excited about the color-block jacket for the adult males, since I have the exact same jacket in real life :D
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    > @OhMyHemsworth said:
    > I’m actually looking forward to this. As someone who enjoys crafty things irl, I would very much love for my sims to have something like this to do. We are lacking those kinds of activities in game. Besides we can’t all get what we want, there are so many others playing this game and all with different wants and desires for content.
    > What kind of content are you wanting?

I make soap and would rather see that than knitting, personally (I also know how to knit). I'm only looking forward to how the stuff looks in the end. Many of the items looked up my alley style wise. I'm still waiting for additional cooking/baking content.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Personally I think it sounds boring and so disappointed that it wasn't Happy Haunts. Playing as the grim reap or knit?
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i wish they bring canning with it
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Personally I think it sounds boring and so disappointed that it wasn't Happy Haunts. Playing as the grim reap or knit?

The way it went, it's rather 'Knit or R.I.P'
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I don't think it's any worse than watching Sims watch television or surf online or even dance. It's all repetitive in the end, really. And with knitting, like others, you get something out of it in the end.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I admit, I kinda have to chuckle.

If Happy Haunts/Grim Reaper career had won, there would be bunches of threads about how unappealing the posters find the idea of a Grim Reaper career. True, they probably wouldn't be calling it boring, but "not boring" isn't the same as "universally interesting."
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I admit, I kinda have to chuckle.

If Happy Haunts/Grim Reaper career had won, there would be bunches of threads about how unappealing the posters find the idea of a Grim Reaper career. True, they probably wouldn't be calling it boring, but "not boring" isn't the same as "universally interesting."

There would also be complaints that something desirable wasn't picked for the pack during the various votes. There were some great ideas in that concept but it really deserves the scope of a game pack to be done properly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.