Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    My reaction to this chapter:
    giphy.gif

I'm so excited to see the Cam as a teenager.

Also... man bachelors, you guys are sure healthy. *sniffles* I used to run at around 5AM. Then I got lazy and stopped. Now I live in a place where... if I ran at 5AM, or even 5PM... I'd probably get hit by a car.

Have I mentioned I love your Freddie sim? It's looks spot on like him.

One of my kitties has climbed in my lap to make sure I'll never finish typing this post...

I love pet bunnies! They are so sweet and cute. I had one as a kid named Jazz. He was a black dwarf. He eventually turned brownish cause his cage was in a sunny spot. That was weird. Then I also had a really fat rabbit named Pika. He was supposed to be a dwarf too... but I'm fairly certain he wasn't... cause he was big. And fat.

My cat is now laying on my wrist. Oy...

Pet pigs are cool! They are supposed to be sooo nice. I've never had a pet pig, but once for an animal/plant course I took in high school I had to shave a pig... so there's that.

I'm gonna stop typing now cause Nabs is a monster. Purring monster.
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @TheYayToast Aw! I love corgis :love: Only small dog breed I actually like ^^

You did get up that early to exercise?! Tell me, was it worth it disturbing the most treasured thing in life: sleep? :D

Aw thank you :) I'm quite proud about that sim :) Brian looks even more like the real one, imo ^^ *patting own shoulder*

Aw! Don't be mad at your kitty for doing it.

I used to have a bunny, too. I don't know the breed's name in English but it had those hanging ears. I was really young when I got it and after it bit me it belonged to my grandma :D

The only pig I shave is... myself B):joy: Ignore this.

Purring monsters are the best! My cat never lies on me. She steps on me and drools all over me and jumps up to my hand when I don't pet her fast enough. She's a weird cuddler :D Still love her. And her black fur has a redish-brown touch in summer, too. All my black cats always had this :) The one I lost last year always got all red-brown but the head. Looked so funny :D
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella

I apologize for being so late with my reply. Things have been a bit hectic around here. *sigh* Anyway...

Dark blue is a pretty color too. Hubby's favorite color is blue as well, but more of a sky blue.

Bacon? lol Uh, well, that might've actually been Charlie's fate. Once he got too big to be in the house (he was a Yorkshire, not a pot-belly), he went back outside with the others. My Dad later sold him to another farmer. I'm guessing he didn't want his children ending up eating their former pet. I grew up on a farm, a pig farm actually. We had a couple hundred or so pigs. But we also had the bunnies, chickens, cows, horses, cats and dogs.
    Thankfully I don't follow a lot of people on FB, mostly just family and a few friends from high school, plus Queen and Adam, of course. So, I don't see much about it there. It's Twitter I have to avoid or Fox News. Gah, don't go there, that's almost ALL they talk about. Bummer about your friend's wedding. :( I hope and pray things calm down soon.

Ah, yeah, that's true. Well, I'm glad you took the chance to post it. You have many readers that enjoy your posts and entering the contest. It's just like what I like to say sometimes, "You never know unless you try." :)
    That's all true too, but I think in my family's case, they were farmers who needed help around the farm, so they had a lot of children. It didn't really help them out much though. They were very poor. At least my Mother's family. The cousins did well in life with their farm.

No worries, I didn't mean to go so overboard with the Didjas. lol Just a little exuberant when I wrote my reply. I blame it on too much coffee. Sorry. :)
    Yes, they can! I think they're fine most of the time, but not during a thunderstorm or when exhausted. That same Sim that drowned? She also got hit by lightening once as a result of back floating. Not in the pool though, she purposely got out, got hit and then went right back to back floating after taking shower. o.O

I think the term you're looking for with Sophie is Grand Master.

lol Seems like the first collection is always the fossils. At least that's been my experience with the two Collectors I've played. And yes, the plushies are the easiest to collect. Well, if your Sim has a lot of simoleans. ;)

Yes, you should do a repair and delete the cache files. In particular the localthumbpackage, but the others are good to do too. I think what a lot of Simmers do is not actually start a brand new save file, they just do a save as on the original and name it something similar. Make sure everything is fine in the save as file and eventually delete the buggy one.

Yay! A new chapter already and a poll for the new heiress! Excellent! Here's my thoughts on it:
    Hello Javier and Rylan! So glad to see at least a slight smile on Javier's face. NPC/Townies Sims are weird. I see them jogging at all hours in my game too.

Congrats on getting the fossils collection completed! Poor Kaden though. Glad you had him take a nice hot bath. It is a bit weird without bubbles. I rarely take baths, but when I do, gotta have a TON of lovely bubbles. :) So funny when they slip on ice eh? hehe

Aww man, too bad she's got that quirk. The plasma fruit salad is very pretty. I don't know if it's forbidden for Vamps with that quirk or not, but there's also a drink they can make/drink called Plasma Jane. Might want to check that out next time she goes to the bar or maybe have Barbarella make her one when she 'visits' if she's high enough in mixology to do it.

Speaking of Barbarella... HAHAHA! *ahem* But, yes, I love your new shower. It's fabulous! I love the new independent fixtures that came with DU. Almost worth getting the entire pack just for that!

That poor tree! I'm guessing it turned out like that because the kids helped. The ornament on the floor is a nice touch. lol

Give it up Enzo, she's a minor. Tsk, tsk, tsk

Hi Freddie!! Man, he really does look so similar to the real legend. Great Screenshot! Bummer he turned Tempy down though. Freddie, what the heck man?

Do you even get a plaque for the plushes? I'm not sure you do. Maybe...I'll have to check, curious now.

*gasp* Oh my...her non-Goth look is just gorgeous! I'm almost sorry now we badgered you into going Goth with her. Her Goth style is very nice too though. But, I really, really like the first style. Honestly, I hesitated a little in the poll because of that. In the end I voted for Tempy though. Mostly because I love the blue skin too and I know you like her the best. Plus Cam's aspiration would be tough.

Annnnd, I'm off to post in the new casting call for bachelors. Yay! Have a great week! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 No problem at all :)

It's a nice thing your dad "saved" you from eating your pet. I couldn't stand the thought tho that my beloved pet was eaten by someone o.O
    The people in my friends list are calm. It's the media - news papers who seriously introduced click bait - and sites like Bored Panda (interesting stuff is posted there but now only Corona). I worked for the election yesterday (counting votes) and the people I was with... They act like we'll soon face Armagedon. No. It's just a different kind of flu. The flu is not a cold. That's the problem. -.-

She was devastated :( Well, here in the part of Germany where I live it's now catastrophe alert... People still have to go to work, you're still allowed outside but everything besides a few important shops are going to be closed from tomorrow for 2 weeks.

That is true :) Whenever I read those "famous" sims stories I wondered what it'd be liked to have many readers who care about what you create. Now I know ^^
    Farm life is probably one of the hardest lives you can live. Maybe mining is worse but that's it.

Haha, it was fun to read ^^ Didja? :p
    AH, sims logic at its finest again :joy: Maybe the devs haven't added an animation for this exact moment. I bet it was like this.

Yes! Grand Master. Thank you :)

It's the first time I completed the fossils :sweat_smile: For The Curator I always go for the postcards - easy but you need to be patient - or the plushies. When your sim is rich :D

Oh so instead of "save" they click "save as" and rename it? I could try that too. And I'll do all the usual bug fixing procedure, too :)
    Just a few days ago I thought "Cool, at night only the vampires walk around." And *whoop* a random townie jogging by. WHAT? :joy:

There must be at least bubbles or a bath bomb in the bath tub. The bath bombs I know don't create bubbles but dye the water ^^

He slipped and just lay there like "FML" :D

I've heard about a plasma drink but I've never made it. I guess Sophie would fall sick, too, if she drank it.

The shower from DU was something we needed for a LONG time :love:

The one on the floor made my eye twitch :D I'm the one who always has to decorate our tree and my dad comes to check. "There's a hole, and there. Why is there no ornament here?" He'd glare at me in disbelief if I decorated the tree like my sims did :joy:

Poor Enzo tho :D

Thank you :) I love my Freddie sim, thehe. Well, Freddie loves his privacy. Did you click the link? :D I used the exact same wording as he did ^^

I remember I suddenly found a plaque in one of my sims' inventory. I was like "What's that? Why? Better delete it." :D It must have been the plaque for the plushies.

I know, right? The hair and the glasses are made for her. It was funny because when I promised to make her goth, the same day I played this chapter. I forgot about the goth thing. And wrote the chapter. Forgot about the goth thing. Went here. Was reminded about the goth thing :joy: My brain is a bit... running on low energy latey :sweat_smile:

Have a great week, too! <3
  • Options
    @Queenarella

Yeah, it was nice of him to do that. My sister and I were very young at the time though, so the thought of someone actually eating him didn't cross our minds. At least it didn't until I was older and realized why he'd sold Charlie. My sister and I were a little upset at the time, of course. But living on a farm, you learn to get over and accept things like that very quickly. I think farm kids learn a lot more about the cycle of life quicker from seeing it right before your eyes. We'd actually watched Charlie and his siblings being born. I remember his Mom was a huge black sow we'd named Petunia. lol
    I know, it's a sad situation all around. Our Governor just last night ordered all bars, restaurants, fast food places, etc. to close until further notice. No gatherings over 50 either, banned. Schools are closed as of today for at least 3 weeks, the whole nine yards other states are implementing. No curfews or forced age quarantines (like in the UK) yet, or cities/regions closed/quarantined, but I'm sure it's coming. *sigh*

Oh man, poor girl. :( I have a lot more I could say about all this, but I'm sure you've heard it all before and I know you feel like I do about a lot of this, so I'll just stop now.

hehe Glad you enjoyed it rather than getting annoyed. I wondered. :)
    I like to go for the postcards too. Not only is it easy to collect/finish, the cards have an inspired aura and I have a lot of Sims with creative aspirations that use that mood. Just hang one or a couple by an easel, above the stove or by the computer and they're good to go! Win-Win!

Yes! That's exactly what they do. I guess it refreshes the save and makes it brand new, but you don't lose anything. I use save as when starting a new save game from my Custom Template save all the time.
    Sophie would get sick from that too? Darn...

Gah, I know! I LOVE that thing and wanted it for a long, long time. My creative builder's side was thrilled! Opened up SO many more ways to build bathrooms. <3

hehe Wellll, I didn't come right out and chastise my kids like that while they were decorating (until they got older). Instead, I'd rearrange stuff after they went to bed and hope they didn't notice. They didn't catch on until one of them caught me doing it when they got up to use the bathroom. Had to fess up then. As they grew, I didn't feel the need to do that though, they knew the score and did a great job.

Link? What link? o.O Uh, I better go back and look. Unless you mean the link to the poll?

Haven't looked yet, but I bet you're right about the plushies. :)

They were definitely made for Cam, looks so good on her! Hmm, maybe she can get over the Goth thing later when she ages to adult or something and get that look back? I don't know, just a thought. :)

I think we're all feeling stressed out and tired lately. Take some time to get away from the computer or at least social media and just enjoy your life in some small way. Even just watching a favorite movie, call a close friend, go outside and bask in the sunshine (if it's out), bake some cookies, turn on some music and dance with wild abandon or sing along, even if you don't know the words. lol Or anything else that makes you smile. Hopefully it'll help. :)

Alrighty, time to take a couple laps around the forum to see what's going on then probably go play my game. Oh! James Turner has a new chapter for Rags to Repayment out I need to watch too. Have a great morning when you get up! <3
  • Options
    @TheYayToast Oh my gosh, I LOVE Corgis! How'd I miss the video you posted until just now? o.O They're so silly and cute, my son has one named Mack. :) Pretty cool you had pet bunnies growing up too. They are sweet, cute and so soft and cuddly. I'd love to have another one, but I think our cats would have a fit. lol My male cat, Squiffy, loves to do that while I'm trying to type too. lol Or he'll just lay between the keyboard and my monitor snoozing then block my view of the screen when he gets up to stretch.

I love it when he decides to sleep between the edge of my desk and keyboard too, despite not being able to type anything. It's just so cute how he likes to lay his chin on the wrist pad attached to my keyboard. Not so cute when he stretches and clicks keys though. Silly cat, he's my little Buddy, I call him that and my little Honeybear. lol He follows me everywhere wanting pets and cuddles. I love all our cats, but he's extra special. <3
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Karababy52 I love corgis too. Soooo cute.

Oooooh! You have a male cat named Squiffy?! That's sooo cool... Cause I have a female cat named Niffy.

I can't help it... here are pictures of my kitties.
    Niffy, the Queen of Mean.
    img_2096.jpg
    Nabs, the Princess and the Pea
    img_5192.jpg
    And finally...
    My big boy...!
    Rocky, the Italian Stallion Ragamuffin cuddle bug!
    img_2961.jpg
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Yes, growing up on a farm makes you understand where the meat in the supermarket is acutally from. I see it with my niece, when we tell her the sausage she eats was made of a pig she thinks we joke :sweat_smile:

Isn't Petunia the name of Harry Potter's aunt? :joy: Petunia Dursley? ^^
    Same here in Bavaria. We even have red alert (I hope that's the right word, I had to google it :# ). There are 1,000+ cases in Bavaria now and we have 13 million residents. It's quite a lot and 5 died so far. At least what I read yesterday. I avoid the news today :# The last person who died here was 90+ years old.

So far we don't have a curfew either but it will come for sure, too. I hope it's after Saturday tho. That's when my bff planned to get married, she had to cancel the party, now only gets the marriage certificate and her closest friends and family plan to surprise her with a little (16 people) party. But I fear that won't be possible :#

What's even worse is that the cousin of my sister's boyfriend will give birth soon. The babydaddy isn't allowed to join the birth and he's not even allowed to visit her in the hospital... So the bonding between father and baby will not be possible. The mom-to-be is devasted...

It takes a lot to annoy me :D
    I love to pin the postcards on that board. It's already up in the office room in the legacy house but still empty :D

Then I'll try to do that, too :) Maybe then the house won't look like a dumper anymore :joy: Additionally to the repair game and that deleting stuff ^^
    I was surprised she got sick from it. Maybe I should try if a non-vampire gets sick from it, too. Because then I'm the first to yell "BUUUUUUG!!!" :D

All the showers weren't fancy enough for a real rich-people mansion. And with this you can build a rich-people mansion shower now :D Unless you take that super expensive one from GF but it's not as big as rich-people mansion showers are (guess my new favorite word lol).

I can't remember what it was like when I was younger (I'm in my 20s by now so I should know how to decorate a tree properly lol). But I think we did it together or my parents did it? I have no idea tbh :sweat_smile:

It's the color scheme I use. The links don't pop out that well :/ I might have to change the color scheme so it's more obvious. I linked it to a short video where Freddie says "Interview? (pause) Oh don't be ridiculious!" :DClick me

You should know by now that I'm too lazy for that :joy: Cam will stay a goth for the rest of her life :D And if she wins the poll - it's a pretty close call rn - she will stay a goth as a ghost :D

I'll just watch all of Netflix in case we get a curfew :D And play a lot of sims of course.

Have a nice day! <3

@TheYayToast KITTIES :love:
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Queenarella Yep, that's a sad reality for some kids, even adults. I have no idea if there was a character with that name in Harry Potter since I've never read the books or watched any of the movies. lol
    Out of 330 million+ people in the U.S., there are a total of 4,226 reported cases with 75 deaths among them. Of the 75 deaths, 46 are from one county in Seattle, Washington with 30 of those from just one nursing home. In my state, 65 reported cases, no deaths. The majority of those are in the Detroit area and all but a very few were international/domestic travelers.

I'll cross my fingers and pray the surprise party for your BFF's wedding is able to go as planned. So sad... :'(

What!?! :o That's just ridiculous! Has he been tested? If he's not positive there's no way he shouldn't be able to attend his own baby's birth or visit/hold his new baby. Wow, I'm flabbergasted man. I mean, sure, it's a good idea to take precautions, but I think that's going way too far. :/

Good luck on doing the repair and save as, I hope the combination helps make things run smoother with less/no glitches.
    I think it's already a known bug for vampires and that drink, but normal Sims will definitely get sick from drinking it, so I wouldn't try it.

New favorite word(s): rich-people mansions :p

Thanks for the link! I checked it out. Freddie's so funny! And so is Deacy (as you call him). :)

Ah, okay. Yep, should've known. lol Oh well. Maybe I'll give her that look again if you upload her at some point then. ;)

Yep, that's my plan, play a lot of Sims, but not the Netflix part. lol We don't have that.

Lastly, here's a few screenshots from a party my Sim attended at the Von Haunt Estate last night. I think you, @afai1261 and maybe a few others here might like to see them. ;) Be forewarned, they're kinda big, but there's only 6 of them. They're kind of dark too, it was raining and late at night, but I tried to lighten them a little so you could at least see their faces.
    Lots of special Sims were there, including my first glimpse of Adam Lambert out in public after making him a Global Superstar. And my Sim got his autograph! \o/ After the party, she had it appraised and it was worth 3200 simoleans! :o She has Judith Ward & Thorne Bailey's too, but theirs' were only worth 400! LOL I got a kick out of that.

o9ei3K4.png

Molly was hungry so quickly grabbed a pretzel then came back and tried to talk to him. But Adam kept looking away, and seemed very interested in someone else.

BFsCh8x.png

Adam decided to go check out whoever had caught his interest and on the way some rude Sim, er, grabbed him in a very inappropriate place. None too gently either judging by the look on his face. :o (cracked me up!)

cPZ2adT.png

Look who he was crushing on - George! But too bad for Adam, someone else was there too.

xJTTkrv.png

Meet my husband, Moss!

rfleH6A.png

Last but not least, Sophie was there too! Yay! I was thrilled to get them all in a group screenshot! :)

I1i8Fot.png

Have a great morning/day! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 You haven't even watched the movies? :o My whole family and relatives always read it. When the German version of the book came out I was always 1 year younger than Harry so I basically grew up with him :) It was soooo cool! But the movies are not as good as the books, imo. But that's almost always the case. Except for Lord of the Rings :D
    Oh no, it's horrible when a nursing home catches a virus like this :/ Same happened here but I think they could stop the spread. For us the problem is that we're close to the red zone in Itlay. Italy is THE holiday country for us :D In winter for skiing and in summer for beach and swimming. That's why it was clear it would spread across Europe when Italy got it :#

That's honestly the only thing that scares me lately. I don't mind being quarantined at home with a curfew but this one day I want to be there for my bff. She texted me yesterday that she finally starts to feel better after the shock. The shock set in on Saturday. But most people I talk to - relatives lol - say that if there's a curfew than maybe starting next week.

As far as I know he hasn't been in contact with any infected and he wasn't in Italy for skiing. My dad (works for the red cross) says that they need special suits for the birth now and there are not that many for everyone. And there's a general visiting prohibition in all hospitals. As the hospitals will be stuffed soon anway she won't stay the usual 5 days after birth but get home after 2 days. It's something but it's still horrible for them :'(

I tried it yesterday... Repaired the game, deleted the cache stuff, did that save as thing you told me about... Sophie still has the thirsty bar bug and the coffee table is still the number one place to hoard dirty dishes :# Well, it could be worse ^^
    AH ok, then the drink is for vampires without that quirk :sweat_smile:

Rich-people mansions something :D

The pause in between always cracks me up :D

The thing is I changed all her outfits and that takes a lot of time, for me at least :sweat_smile:

The first month on Netflix is for free ^^ The same seems to be with Amazon Prime Video because my dad recently got it because there's one Star Trek series on he wants to see. He was too busy watching it and just a few days ago he asked me how much it costs to keep prime :D

Molly is a cute sim! And Adam looks hot! :love:

The look on his face on the second screenshot :joy: Paired with the hand in that position :joy : I'm dead :joy:

Morge and Sophie :love:

Have a nice day, too! <3 And wish me luck. I need to buy toilet paper now :#
  • Options
    So I'm back from trying to buy some toilet paper. Was I successful? Nope. Do I want a purge? Yes, please.
  • Options
    Spaming my own thread :D

I have a new chapter for you!

Chapter 3.15
  • Options
    I love your choices in screenshots...
    Sophie and Caleb look so dorky and cute! I love it.

And seriously... Rumpelstiltskin is a mess of a name no matter what language.

I love the sisters together, they look so cool next to each other. Like an 80's teen movie.

Vlad is the creepiest vendor ever. I would not want to buy food from him.

The family update was great. Nice to see them!

Cam's winter outfit is amazing... I approve soooo much.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Queenarella I think I've seen maybe 15 minutes of the first one my daughter rented to watch. But everyone seemed to be too interested in talking and catching up with each other, I gave up trying to watch it and follow the plot. lol I think that's awesome you grew up along with the series and that it means so much to your family, it became a tradition. I know that's the case with a lot of families. I do know somewhat about it though, but just from reading what others have shared, seeing snippets on TV and such. Plus, we had a Harry Potter roleplay board on my TS2 forum back in the day. I didn't run it though, one of my Staff, a huge HP fan, of course, was in charge.
    Yep, I think that played a big part in why Italy got it so fast and spread so quickly, it's a huge hot spot for the tourism/vacation industry. Plus, not only that, they have a lot of small towns with lots of people all packed together. It was bound to happen. :(

I'm glad she's starting to get over the shock of it all and can somewhat accept it's out of her hands, to make the best of it. That's all anyone can do at this point. More and more cities/states here are putting curfews in place, but so far nothing nationally has been announced.

Ah, okay, I guess that's a sensible approach, sad it's come to this, but I get it. Glad she'll be going home sooner than normal though, that'll help a bit. I'm worried about my DIL due with our next Grandchild in May now. They've been talking about having a home birth. We'll see how it goes. Hospitals here have visitor restrictions in place as well. It's smart really once you think about it.

Ug, well dang! I was hoping that would help your save. I'm sure you've probably already done this, but I'll mention it anyway just in case. Do you have a lot of screenshots in the game folder? If you do, try moving them to another folder somewhere on your hard drive for safe keeping. Shouldn't keep a lot of Sims, Lots, Rooms in the Tray folder either. Items in your tray folder are what show up in your Library in the game.

Plus, having a lot of stuff in Sims/Household inventories should be cut down to a minimum as well. Lastly, if they have a TON of relationships, that can cause problems as well. Just some ideas you might want to try. It couldn't hurt! :) One more thing, you did delete the localthumbpage file, right? That's very important, I delete mine after every play session. Oh! And turn off 'Origin in game' in Origin.
    I get it, takes me a long, long time dressing my Sims as well, no worries. :)

Yup, I know, first month of Amazon Prime is free too. Your Dad sounds like me. I binge watched the True Blood series back when we first got Amazon Prime. They didn't have the last Season though, which bummed me out. We canceled it later on and then got it again a couple years later and they had the last Season then, I was so happy! lol

hehe Thank you, YES! He is freakin' hot! I think I did a decent job making him as a Sim. That's the third version though. The man certainly loves to change his look a lot. Even now I'm behind. His hair isn't that long anymore, it's shaved on the sides and long on top. But, well, I like the long hair on him so I kept it. <3 Thanks about Molly too, she's a cutie patooty, very fun Sim to play. She was homeless when I took those pics, living in San Myshuno park. She's moved to an apartment now though. Quite barebones at the moment, no wallpaper, no flooring, etc. But she's getting there. I was SO happy to see Morge & Sophie too. It's the first time I've seen any of them since I put them in that save. Hopefully, I'll be seeing more of them. :)

Annnnnd about the current chapter...
    First of all, what happened to your background? All I see is white now. Maybe it's just my computer or something. *shrugs*

Man, I'm SO glad we already had plenty of TP before all this hoarding madness started. We always get a 12 pk and had 9 rolls left. We only use one a week, so we're good for awhile. I hope you can find some soon! There's always substitutes too though; kleenex, paper towel, wet wipes, newspaper, catalogs...leaves. Not ideal, but when you're desperate...

Ooo, he is handsome! What's with the lines on his forehead though? Is he an adult or elder? o.O

*gasp* Yay! The bunny chair is base game! I can use it if I want to, fabulous! Thanks for taking the time to figure that out for me. You're a sweetheart. <3

HAHA Rumpelstiltskin! "Ask me again and I'll tell you the same."

So Cam's still acting like a gloomy, uninterested in life Gus eh? She looks great though! Glad Tempy at least tried spending time with her too. :)

Gah! At first I thought for sure there was at least one benefit of doing the cache delete and stuff, Vlad's not a vendor! Yay! But, wait... no. Sheesh!

Hi Tony! Wahooooo! Thanks for flagging them all, I hope at least some of them get married now. *pleaseEddypleaseEddyplease*

Great to see some of Amy's siblings are still around and Florian looks like he hasn't aged a day! I figured he'd be around longer than the others because of the whole long-lived Body Builder thing. Got a kick out of the "I should run you over" thing. lol

Wow! Cam looks like she could give Grim a run for his money in that outfit. Her expression is perfect for it. I like it!

OMG! George! What the heck man? That's hilarious! :p Poor Caleb... Happy to see Sophie & Caleb are a couple now. Their "Oh joy, we're a couple" faces did look somewhat awkward though, especially Caleb. He looks more stunned & anxious than happy. o.O Oh well, hopefully they'll learn to truly love each other and the alternative was just, no, just...NO. Gawd, I dislike that whole "Weee!" back kick Valley Girl pose they do sometimes for selfies. Especially when guys do it and that's NOT something you'd expect a big, bad Vampire would do either. lol

Looking forward to tomorrow's friday's chapter and reading more about your new power vamp couple.\o/

Have a great morning and rest of your day! <3

EDIT: Opps! I don't even know what day this is anymore.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    @TheYayToast Thank you :) I usually just use all screenshots I take :D No wonder we're already on chapter 15.
    They look cute together but it felt like Sophie regreted the kiss and the being bf and gf part... It'll be even more obvious next chapter :#

In German - the German version tho - sounds normal :p Well, most fairy tales were written by German speaking people :sweat_smile: So it makes sense lol

They couldn't be more different tho. Cam is always quiet, wants to be alone as she's a loner. But Tempy always joins her, talks all the time and she doesn't even have the outgoing trait. She acts like she's got it tho ^^

I would tip him double the price of the coffee I'd buy there just to please him. Because what if he gets mad and haunts me? :D

We only saw a few of them... :D That reminds me, I could throw the link to the family tree at the end of this comment. Some people might not know it exists ^^ And it's fully updated rn.

It was so hard to find a proper goth winter outfit. The spellcaster one doesn't come in black -.- But then I saw the head piece and was like "Why not?" :D

@Karababy52 If you should ever feel like you have some extra hours, read the books and then watch the movies ^^ They're all worth it :) And it might come in handy as a distraction in case corona gets even worse :#
    Yeah that's the typical European thing tho, the small packed towns. That's why it's so bad now here...

We will probably get a curfew soon - Bavaria, not Germany - as people still don't stay at home. Yes, it's sunny, yes, spring is finally here... Still, stay home :sweat_smile: I start to get a bit scared now. Not because of the virus, nah, but because of the mass stupidity of people...

I guess hospitals know what's best in such a situation. It may not be nice but it must be done :# Maybe you're lucky and it's mostly over in May :)

I always copy and paste all my screenshots to an extra folder. The in game one is only full when I close the game :D

My tray folder is stuffed but I have no idea what is what and who is who :/ And I'm scared I might delete something wrong :sweat_smile:

In the family inventory there's only the christmas tree, Cam only has her school book, Tempy also has some stuff for the aspiration in there. Kaden only has frogs to breed in there because I'm only 2 away from completing this collection :love: Amy has some robot parts in there but she won't do that skill... I just save it in her invetory :D And Sophie has plasma fruits and plasma packs in hers.

They don't have many relationships. My sims are pretty isolated :D
    I love binge watching :D I binge watched all 12 seasons of Bones over the last few months, finished The Crown in one week or two and finished some started series :D Now I don't know what to watch... Yesterday I watched Bridget Jones's Diary. Maybe I'll watch the second movie today ^^

Adam should do it like Brian: never change his hair his whole ilfe :joy: But he does look handsome, no matter what his hair looks like :)
    Oh I changed the color theme :) Now the background is white, the text is black and the links are red so they pop out :)

Before I use the newspaper as toilet paper I jump in the shower and use it like a bidet lol Nah, my mom will buy one tomorrow morning. She asked a friend who works in a supermarket. The next toilet paper will come tomorrow :) So we should be fine :D I wonder what all the hoarders do with it... When I lived alone during uni time I lasted 1 month with a 10 pack of toilet paper. My grandpa taught me how to fold it so I need less :sweat_smile: Thanks, grandpa <3

He's an adult. I have no idea why he stood at the front door. None of my sims know him but the dark skin and those eyes :love:

You're welcome :) I just noticed it looking around the house for dirt piles and saw that the white chair was the one from the pack and the pink one is different. So I wanted to check for myself, too. :)

The best part of the fairy tale is the tantrum Rumpelstilskin throws at the end :joy:

Tempy doesn't leave her little sister alone. Cam is a loner and has whims to be alone all the time :joy:

I don't mind him being a vendor... If he's not a vendor he knocks on the door each night... So, yeah... I gave up lol

I'm a few sim days ahead in game and they start to turn to elders now... And I'm still waiting for the pop up that at least one of them gets married :'(

Florian is baby #8 or #9 so he should be a young adult still :) He and his wife are expecting now ^^

It's impossible to find a proper goth winter outfit :sweat_smile: So she got the costume :D Maybe Cam will be immortal as Grimmy fears her :D

George pulled a great thing there :D He probably didn't know what's going on as he looked so tired :D

Well, I can't help but feel Sophie regrets the whole thing... A screenshot in the next chapter will show you why I'm actually sure she regrets it :/ You will be shocked :sweat_smile:

Have a great time, too! <3
  • Options
  • Options
    I have another new chapter for you :p

Chapter 3.16

And tomorrow we will find out who will be the heiress. But I might be a bit busy tomorrow so it will count as the last day to vote and on Sunday I tell you the result. Or you just check out the poll on the forum yourself :p
  • Options
    Short update:

I won't be busy tomorrow as I said a few hours ago. The curfew in Bavaria is official now. It starts at midnight. This means you can expect the announcement of the new heiress tomorrow :)
  • Options
    I actually read the chapter at like 4 or 5 in the morning and I had to struggle to not laugh. Somehow I doubt my husband would have appreciated me waking him with laughter.

But I gotta say... I don't know why people are resisting the idea of just staying home for a bit. There's a lot of fun things you can do at home: Watch TV, Play Games, Engage in Barbarella's Favorite Activity- Baby Making, etc.
    Burn that clay in the fires of the underworld.

Sophie and Caleb are cute and weird together. I dunno... she might have settled, but she definitely settled for a cutie. I adore the woohoo in coffin animation. It makes me giggle like a kid every time.

Veronica looks like she made Nachos out of clay? Also... why always so moody Dead Lady?

Poor Amy... so many dead brothers and sisters. :'(

Cam is about to accidentally end up in an inappropriate career just because she doesn't human very well. :s Goofy girl.

Sophie looks like she was stealing Kaden's drink. Also... that socially awkward situation happens to me more than I'd like. Like the guy at the bookstore that wouldn't stop talking to me about Digimon until I had a freak out and yelled at him, "Please leave me alone! Thank you!" It... it was very awkward all around.

I think the lady from StrangerVille deserved to be possessed... Maybe the one pulling the string can fix her fashion tastes.
  • Options
    @Queenarella First of all, I apologize for being so late with this and for how long it is too. o.O I tend to ramble, as you know... opps!
    Thanks, I might try reading the books one day. BTW, I agree books are almost always better than movies made from them. Almost.

Yes, I agree, there is a lot of mass hysteria and stupidity. I'm seeing a lot of both in my state too. Even though our Governor said tonight there is no plan for a lockdown, that doesn't mean there isn't one being worked on and will be coming soon.

Yes, that's very true, we need to trust in them. They're doing the best they can with what they have to work with. I hope you're right, for not only my DIL, but all soon-to-be Moms everywhere.

Ah, okay, smart! I figured you did, but thought I'd mention it. :)

I understand, the numbering system isn't very user friendly in the Tray file. I wish it was organized by name instead of numbers. It would make things so much simpler. Same with the save files folder, but at least with that, you can figure out what's what by the file date. That's how I do it anyway.

Okay, inventories and relationships shouldn't be a problem then. It's a mystery what's going on. I hope it's not that your save file is corrupted or something. Maybe it's just too big, too many Sims or something. I'm out of ideas. *shrugs*

Same. Last time I binged anything was this, your legacy/challenge. :) I've heard of that movie, but never watched it.

lol He'll never do that, he loves playing around with fashion and his style too much, always changing things up. Or he's still just evolving, looking for a comfortable fit he loves and will stick with it when he does? I doubt it though, he's having too much fun with it to just stop one day.
    Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Grandpas and Grandmas are a wealth of knowledge, information, and love, a treasure to all generations. The life they've lead, the things they've done and sacrificed has helped shape the world and give us the freedoms we have today. I think that's why so many are trying so hard to save them. I'm getting all philosophical and stuff, but I'm guessing you know what I'm trying to say. :)

Kaden's a loner too, right? I wonder why he doesn't seem as stoic as Cam. It's puzzling.

Keeping my fingers crossed at least some do before it's too late.

I keep forgetting the age difference between all the siblings, of course the last ones born are younger. D'oh! Thanks for the reminder. lol

Grim fears Cam? Seriously?

He was just super tired, yup! But it sure made for an ironic screenshot. lol

More comments on that next, but I'll say something about that here. I WAS shocked! o.O Didn't know she felt so strongly about him. I figured they were just really good friends. Boy was I wrong.

And more about the last chapter...
    It's appalling how idiotic people can be, makes me angry. For instance, the schools are closed here, so what are some parents doing? Instead of keeping their kids occupied at home, playing with them, teaching them, etc., they send them to the parks to mingle with all the other kids. Seriously? I mean come on people there's a reason they closed schools, to keep kids apart! Sheesh! Wake up people, you're not helping!

You may be gagging, but I'm swooning. hehe Caleb is a very affectionate Sim, at least that's been my experience with him. He and my first vampire are engaged and he's always spontaneously giving her hugs, blowing kisses, flattering her, etc. That is, when he's not whining about not having anything new. I REALLY dislike the materialistic trait. Bleh...

lol I LOVE coffin woo hoo! It's so freakin' funny! And cute how they get dumped out and fall on top of each other. <3

That 'thing' Veronica created is what's called a 'fail' creation. lol She must've been too upset to make anything good. Pfft, some men in this game are so rude! I've had some of my male Sims do that. The biggest culprit is Don Lothario. Which, well, I guess not all that surprising, considering... lol It's still rude though!

Aww, man Jamie. :'( Hope you still get to see her around sometimes. Do you collect their urns/tombstones anywhere? Just wondering if you have a cemetery in your game.

Sophie! Gah! Why? You'd rather have that ugly thang then the gorgeousness that is Caleb? *does not compute* Well, I guess the heart wants what the heart wants. Love isn't about looks anyway. *sigh* Admit I got a chuckle out of your comment about Caleb's 'technique' though. :D

I never even thought about that angle with Maggie's entry. You're right, that would be seriously weird and awkward. o.O

Try getting Sophie focused before she uses those two objects. It really helped a lot with my Collector Sim. :)

Poor Kaden, he looks SO uncomfortable in that screenshot. Oh geez, he's a slob too? I forgot about that as well. lol

Didn't you already collect all those plushes? I don't think you get a plaque each time you complete a set of them, just the first time, unfortunately.

Oh Wow, Kaden is one hot elder! I've only had one other Sim that kept his youthful looks as an elder. I changed his gray hair back to it's original color and you'd never know he was an elder except for that idiotic back crack animation. I rarely say I hate anything, but I HATE that animation. It's so ageist and stereotypical. Grrrrr!

Muwahaha! Good Lord! You always manage to crack me the *beep* up! Not all cheerleaders are like that, at least I wasn't. Maybe some of my squad were like that, they were quite popular. Hmm...

O.O Tempy looks a bit possessed herself, yup. A lot of Simmers find it silly about the vaccine in the face thing. It's a bit ridiculous. But, I guess it would probably be too hard getting them to sit still long enough for a shot. I think passing out means it worked. lol

Yay! We find out Sunday who wins! I hope your favorite wins! Either way though, it's going to be an interesting Gen! :)

Have a great weekend! I'll be on the hunt for a few supplies tomorrow. Thought I'd bought enough for two weeks before, but forgot about a few things, vitamins for one. We're going to check out a small town supermarket near us rather than a big box store. Supposedly they're always stocked. We'll see.. wish us luck! <3
  • Options
    @TheYayToast Did you wake him? :sweat_smile:

Well, if people don't listen or don't care about the warnings then the curfew comes :# Our curfew started today at midnight. I went grocery shopping and Saturday morning is usually the WORST time as everyone is shopping. For Americans: Germans usually go grocery shopping once a week and buy everything they need for the following week (I've read an article where Americans were surprised Germans do that lol). And that usually happens Fridays and Saturdays. But today the supermarket I went to was almost empty, no waiting to pay, etc. The only thing I didn't get was the cream cheese for my dad I ate up this week :D He'll have to deal with it.

There are so many jokes about people making babies and what that generation will be called :D Or how the babies could be called individually :D Corinna, Cornelius, and names that sound a bit like Corona ^^
    But it was way too funny watching Veronica punch it :D

Sophie doesn't seem too happy about the relationship :#

Well, all my vampires - so Sophie and George - move as bats... And there are bats coming out of the coffin :D It was a bit awkward if you have a mind like mine lol

I have no idea what this should be :D Hm, I guess she's still angry that she didn't live in a fancy house like the current one? ^^ For some reason she prefers to break the most expensive bathroom.

She should have a break from death notes for a while. She's baby #4 and the others are not elders yet :) But Kaden is not that young anymore :#

What career do you have in mind? :D

DIGIMON?! What the :joy: How old was he? 10? Also, sometimes yelling is the only way to show people they go too far :/

Maybe the one pulling the strings forced this fashion taste on her :D

@Karababy52 Both are things you don't need to apologize for :) Everything's fine.
    Funny thing: the first movie was on tv yesterday :D True, there a re only few expections. Like Lord of the Rings. The books are great and the movies are great, too!

Well, on Wednesday our minister said the goverment hasn't talked about a curfew. Thursday they said people are mad and if they don't stay home there'll be a curfew. Yesterday (Friday) they said curfew starts at midnight. It can happen faster than you think. And with too many people ignoring warnings and all it's necessary. The good thing here is that our minister gets more popular now because he shows that he's a great leader! Some even say he'd make a good chancelor :)

Hm, I might delete the old save files. There are only two saves in my game: legacy and one where I usually build and this one wouldn't be too bad if it got deleted.

It could be that it's too big because of MCCC :D I also probably have too many ghosts in the world. Maybe I should try to find a way to get rid of them... But they're not in households as MCCC takes care of that, too ^^ The bugs aren't that bad. As long as Sophie is in the green with her thirst it's ok. And I just move all the dirty plates to the sink myself now :D

Binging means it's good so thanks a lot for the compliment :)

Some people really need the change sometimes. I have this too but in a smaller version. I have long hair, about down to my elbows was the longest so far. I get annoyed by it and then I cut it in a long bob. And then I let it grow again :D I need this and some years ago I had the same thing with hair colors. Natural color, bit of unnatural (not too crazy tho more like a brown with red shimmer instead of a natural shade).
    Even without all these reasons, we love our grandparents so that's reason enough to save them! :) My grandma can be mean but I'd cry for weeks if she died... She's the only grandparent I have left and I'm not even 30 yet :# I also told her - as we live in the same house - that I can go grocery shopping for her if she needs something.

Hm, I guess Kaden has softened his stioc loner thing during the bachelorette phase. There were 12 strangers and he had to deal with it. Cam is probably more than just a loner. She's an introvert, loner and socially awkward :sweat_smile: Maybe even anxiety?

Amy would be an elder by now, too, if I hadn't given her the youth potion. According to the rules you're allowed to do this once with a sim :)

Hm, maybe? ^^ Cam isn't mean at all tho. Maybe he doesn't fear her.

I almost cried from laughing when he stepped right on Caleb's face :joy: And it's even funnier that it was George. Vlad doing it would have been perfect for the story line, too :D

Sophie and Vlad only have a friendly relationship. Not even once have they tried to flirt. I wonder why she had that whim...
    The same happened here, too. The play grounds were filled with kids and parents... That's insane. But that's just one of the many things cray cray people did before the curfew...

I've never played with Caleb before :sweat_smile: I know he's a favorite but meh :D The materialistic trait is annoying but even worse is jealous. I don't kill my sims (*cough* anymore *cough*) but if I had a jealous sim ever again I think they wouldn't live too long in my safe :D They get tense when they're at work because their partner isn't near them. They get sad when they're single and see other sims being romantic because they want that too. It's so hard to get them promotions and all that... And with a big house like most of my builds it's so important to get promotions because the bills are so high :D

Oh I missed the last part I guess. All the bats coming out were kinda disturbing when you consider that some vampires travel as bats :#:joy:

Haha good to know ^^ It looks like modern art tho. Oh but we expect it from Don, but not from Caleb... :p

Nah they disappear :# Last time I played I got the pop up that Augustus' spirit is fading away.

Sophie will stay with Caleb tho. MaggieMarley submitted one of her soon to be 100 Vlad babies and it would be really weird to have Vlad and Sophie date then... Also, Vlad is still 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and no personality can make up that look lol Even gold diggers would avoid him if he was the richest sim in the world :D

It's fine by now. Sophie maxed the logic skill - vampires are so fast at that - and now she collects pictures during the night and Amy during the day :D I only need a few more. Then I go on with the telescope even tho I read that I might need to collect some other stuff before I do microscope stuff.

I feel bad that I could not tell you his third trait without looking at my notes. Only yesterday I looked at the notes again and saw that Tempy's second trait (cat lover kinda stayed in my brain :D ) is snob. I was surprised :D:D

Yes it was the first complete collection :( Well, I have to live without the plaque... Or I use the debug cheat and buy it :D

He does look pretty young :) I'm jealous lol Imo a lot about the elders in game is ageist. And the vote pack makes it even worse. Knitting... *grumble*

It's a stereotype from movies :p I bet reality looks different. Just because you do a certain sport doesn't mean you act like the ones who do that sport in movies :D

I think the usual vaccine action might have caused discussions, maybe? ^^ There are a lot of people who are against vaccines... Even tho they're really silent lately. I wonder why. (No I don't) :D

Good luck for the shopping! <3

The new heiress is
    *drum rolls*
    <3 TEMPY <3
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @TheYayToast Did you wake him? :sweat_smile:

Well, if people don't listen or don't care about the warnings then the curfew comes :# Our curfew started today at midnight. I went grocery shopping and Saturday morning is usually the WORST time as everyone is shopping. For Americans: Germans usually go grocery shopping once a week and buy everything they need for the following week (I've read an article where Americans were surprised Germans do that lol). And that usually happens Fridays and Saturdays. But today the supermarket I went to was almost empty, no waiting to pay, etc. The only thing I didn't get was the cream cheese for my dad I ate up this week :D He'll have to deal with it.

There are so many jokes about people making babies and what that generation will be called :D Or how the babies could be called individually :D Corinna, Cornelius, and names that sound a bit like Corona ^^
    But it was way too funny watching Veronica punch it :D

Sophie doesn't seem too happy about the relationship :#

Well, all my vampires - so Sophie and George - move as bats... And there are bats coming out of the coffin :D It was a bit awkward if you have a mind like mine lol

I have no idea what this should be :D Hm, I guess she's still angry that she didn't live in a fancy house like the current one? ^^ For some reason she prefers to break the most expensive bathroom.

She should have a break from death notes for a while. She's baby #4 and the others are not elders yet :) But Kaden is not that young anymore :#

What career do you have in mind? :D

DIGIMON?! What the :joy: How old was he? 10? Also, sometimes yelling is the only way to show people they go too far :/

Maybe the one pulling the strings forced this fashion taste on her :D

Good luck for the shopping! <3

The new heiress is
    *drum rolls*
    <3 TEMPY <3

I'm super surprised the grocery store was empty. Here the worst days for grocery shopping are Saturday and Sunday. I don't know why the people acted surprised, most families I know only grocery shop once a week! I'm the weird one that always forgets something and has to pop out to the store midweek to pick it up.

That's gonna be sooo weird if there's a bunch of kids named after the virus. :joy:

I love the move as bat. It's sooo amusing.

I read death notes and just thought of the anime...

giphy.gif

Something that involves nudes! You can insert any thing and it's automatically much less um... wholesome.

Yup, Digimon. He was probably in his twenties. He ambushed me with conversation cause I picked up a manga volume of the original Digimon. Dude noticed and just started talking and talking. I made the mistake by humoring him, cause ya know... I like Digimon. That was my jam when I was a kid/teen.

Evil forces with awful fashion sense.

In other news:

YAY FOR THE NEW HEIRESS.

Though both girls are wonderful.
  • Options
    @TheYayToast Well we have a curfew :sweat_smile: I guess it was horrible yesterday because it was the last day before the curfew.

Yeah it sounds like a common thing to do. Go shopping once so it's done and then just buy stuff if you forgot something :D

I hope no one does that :D It would be a terrible mock for all the people who lost someone during the pandemic.

The pose they do when they change is so awesome :D I regret that I didn't play vampires more often before ^^

I've heard about the anime but I've never watched it. I'm not into anime and manga and all that... And I honestly struggle to accept it in general :D A lot of it seems to be rather ... I don't know what word to use... 🐸🐸🐸🐸 stuff maybe :D

So she should work at the lab in Strangerville? :joy: Maybe scientist?

Stress on when I was a kid/teen :D Do you wear a wedding ring? You could have shown it in some way. I'd do that :D If I was married lol

There were times when I checked and the result wasn't that obvious anymore. But in the end it was very clear who won :)
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    YAAAAAY TEMPYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Queenarella
    I don't have much faith in our Governor. She seems to only make decisions after surrounding states do so. Sad to say, I don't think she's a very good leader. But that's just my own personal opinion. We'll see if that changes after this is all said and done.

I don't know if any of that will work or not, but it's worth a try I guess. I don't have MCCC or any other Mods/CC in my game and I never have had any. I read so many posts on here where someone has a problem/bug/glitch and Mods/CC ends up being the culprit. I don't have near the problems others do with their games. I have nothing whatsoever against Mods/CC, I used a TON in TS2, just sharing what I've read.

However, I've also read numerous posts where Simmers say they wouldn't/couldn't play TS4 without using Mods/CC, especially MCCC. So, you do whatever makes the game fun for you. That's all that matters. :)

It's good to change things up now and then, variety is the spice of life as the saying goes. When I met Hubby, I had very short hair, feathered on the sides. He asked me to grow it out, he loves long hair, so I did. I've had it cut shorter now and then, but never shorter than just above my shoulders. My natural color is more of a dirty blond, but I color it a much lighter shade. I've been doing this for decades.

There's a box of purple hair color in my bathroom that's been sitting on a shelf for a few years now. I saw Kelly Osbourne online with lavender hair color one day. I thought it was gorgeous and made a decision to try it. But...I've never worked up the courage to actually do it. lol Maybe someday.
    Because we love them is the number one reason, of course, that's a given and why I didn't mention that part. All my grandparents are long gone now. But I'll never forget them. Being a grandparent myself, I hope our grandchildren remember us and how much we loved them when we're gone too.
    I've only had one Sim with the jealous trait and I didn't give it to him. He was a resident in one of my tries at the Asylum challenge. I saw a little bit of the jealous actions with him, but not much. I probably wouldn't have seen any, but I had my controllable Sim flirt a bit with him until there was pink in both their bars. It only went as far as the first kiss.

She later hooked up with another resident and they became a couple. You should've seen his angry face and balled up fists as he listened to my Sim and the other resident in a closet. He slapped her face when they emerged. o.O But she did the 'ask to just be friends' after that and he was fine. I steer clear of that trait for Sims I create because of the reports I read of others having to deal with it.

I'm still not convinced there actually is a plaque rewarded for completing that collection. I keep forgetting to look. Did you check it out?

I know, a lot of Simmers think knitting is only for elders, it's not. Yes, it will give them something more to do, but it'll give ALL Sims something more, not just elders. Elders can do everything they could before at a younger age, they just have to be a bit more careful doing some of them. Which would actually make sense toward the end of their elder stage, not the whole duration. The game depicts elders as WAY too old when they age up in my opinion. It needs to be more gradual. But I digress...
    YAY! Tempy! I knew she'd win in the end! :)<3

Sheesh, sooooo many spoilers. lol I should cut down on that. o.O Going to make a big pot of goulash for dinner now. Yum!

Have a good rest of your weekend! <3

EDIT: BTW, I usually only shop once a week on Fridays and have been doing that my entire grocery shopping life. My Mother had the same habit. I'd never heard that allegedly Americans don't do that. Huh.. maybe it is true and I shop the way you shop because of my strong German ancestry? :) *shrugs*