Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hey..I am glad the two toddler things got it and the bear hat that was the only ones I voted for got it..I voted for all the toddler outfits and hats.

But the rest...is VERY disappointing :(...I wish you could just add them all...
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.

..........you.....do realize this is a KNITTING pack?! You didn't even bother with making it arts and crafts, you made it knitting...SMH.

There is nothing about arts and crafts about this pack at all (unless I am missing something)...so that doesn't make sense....
  • Options
    KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    I'm actually really pleased with the results. Obviously there's things I wanted in the game but this was a vote, not a: What Do You Want in Your Game Kayland?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.

..........you.....do realize this is a KNITTING pack?! You didn't even bother with making it arts and crafts, you made it knitting...SMH.

There is nothing about arts and crafts about this pack at all (unless I am missing something)...so that doesn't make sense....

Actually, it was an Arts and Crafts pack with Knitting as the new Gameplay feature, if I remember the way the first vote was structured correctly.

And a lot of the concept art is Arts and Crafts/Craft room in style, especially for DIY Delight (but there were also looms and other non-knitting items in almost all the concept art sketches)
  • Options
    ItsLevelsItsLevels Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Simgurus, will we be getting knittable imaginary friends in this pack? It would be a really interesting way to bring them back if we don’t get generations.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i'd like to have a word with whoever voted for the umpteenth plain cropped female tank top. 😶
    i'm also so sad that out of all the cool unique hats offered we only get one and it's another low effort (albeit cute) beanie.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Actually, it was an Arts and Crafts pack with Knitting as the new Gameplay feature, if I remember the way the first vote was structured correctly.

And a lot of the concept art is Arts and Crafts/Craft room in style, especially for DIY Delight (but there were also looms and other non-knitting items in almost all the concept art sketches)

Yeah but it won't HAVE any other Arts or Crafts though..it's solely focused on knitting..that was the point I am making.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited February 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Yeah but it won't HAVE any other Arts or Crafts though..it's solely focused on knitting..that was the point I am making.

You're right that there won't be any other arts and crafts gameplay, but that doesn't mean the pack can't have other arts and crafts style items.

I'd have to pull the images into an editor, but I know I can find several non-knitting (or at least not knitting specific) craft items in each of the three art style images. (That beautiful massive crafting table for a start)
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited February 2020
    i'd like to have a word with whoever voted for the umpteenth plain cropped female tank top. 😶

Number 33? Actually, I did vote for that one. I rather like the floral design at the bottom.
    Although the other tank top is nice too.

*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I really love the toddler dress but it's far too similar to this cats and dogs one below. Admittedly I use it all the time and will use this one too but I wish a more unique one made it in. Also not a fan of 33 and I REALLY hope the hat is for for tots and works with hair haha. 5 of my picks made it in though, so I'm happy.

lAW7c0a.jpg
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited February 2020
    lucky you! you get to have the shirt twice! 😃
    XY29ULt.png

They don't look the same to me?
    Well, I'm still happy regardless :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    I really love the toddler dress but it's far too similar to this cats and dogs one below. Admittedly I use it all the time and will use this one too but I wish a more unique one made it in. Also not a fan of 33 and I REALLY hope the hat is for for tots and works with hair haha. 5 of my picks made it in though, so I'm happy.

lAW7c0a.jpg

wow...and the comment above me...starting to think they picked these items out to be the EASIEST to do without any effort in creating....just....food for thought....
  • Options
    bcd87bcd87 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > wow...and the comment above me...starting to think they picked these items out to be the EASIEST to do without any effort in creating....just....food for thought....

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I'm starting to get pretty suspicious of this "internal approval process"
  • Options
    bcd87 wrote: »
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > wow...and the comment above me...starting to think they picked these items out to be the EASIEST to do without any effort in creating....just....food for thought....

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I'm starting to get pretty suspicious of this "internal approval process"

It has been known this team cut corners...I wouldn't put it past them.
  • Options
    Most of those choices are abysmal, I have to say. Did people really vote for them?

First we have the toddler dress...
    02-15-20_6-56-40%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

The hat...
    02-15-20_7-01-59%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Although not exactly the same, the guys cardi is close enough...
    02-15-20_7-00-06%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

It's not even worth mentioning that cropped tank top. And I could go on.

Are we being stitched up (pun intended) or have people voted for things without noticing their similarities to existing stuff? And are we really only getting single figure items for crafting? Surely not?

Oh jesus, I didn't notice almost ALL of them are....SMH...that is A dang shame.....
    It truly looks like they just choose the ones easiest to make and put them in...>:(
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited February 2020
    Most of those choices are abysmal, I have to say. Did people really vote for them?

First we have the toddler dress...
    02-15-20_6-56-40%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

The hat...
    02-15-20_7-01-59%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Although not exactly the same, the guys cardi is close enough...
    02-15-20_7-00-06%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

It's not even worth mentioning that cropped tank top. And I could go on.

Are we being stitched up (pun intended) or have people voted for things without noticing their similarities to existing stuff? And are we really only getting single figure items for crafting? Surely not?

It's interesting seeing this. Especially since I remember people doing "recreations" of the art style rooms to compare items we already had in other packs to completely new stuff (which in itself was pretty flawed since we weren't voting for the objects, but I digress). I personally thought a couple of them weren't really accurate, but regardless, I find it interesting that no one did that for this clothing vote (at least I didn't see any). I wonder if it could have influenced people's choices if everyone saw just how similar some of these items are to existing CAS items. I didn't vote for the winning hat, but I still had no idea those other animal hats you posted existed.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Well I'm disappointed with how this vote turned out. There were a couple things that I voted for which made the final selection, but the rest? Eh... it's not my favourite.

Also, I was under the impression that we'd be voting for the things we could knit separately? I didn't realize that some of these items would contribute to the knitting gameplay and would therefor be CAS locked, which I am not a fan of. This wouldn't bother me so much if there was a cheat to unlock the hidden CAS stuff, because nope cas.fulleditmode does not do that and merging with other households is just a faff. I hope the devs will consider (finally) making a cheat for this available.

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'm really disappointed that only one hat is being shipped with the pack. I'm not going to lie, those hats were the most creative and visually interesting in the survey.

And who voted for tank tops to be put into a knitting pack??? We have enough of those already.
    Post edited by tweedle on
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    sweetliljasweetlilja Posts: 39 Member
    Ok, this feels a little "meh". Only one of the things I voted for. 😥

Could you consider making some already existing items from basegame and other packs knittable too, if you own these packs? It feels a bit "too few" items now to make a good skill. Even if it could be some more with buy-items.

And so many of these cas items that were awesome that didn't make it, like over ears hats. Please save them for maybe a free update or winter sports pack.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    tweedle wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed that only one hat is being shipped with the pack. I'm not going to lie, those hats were the most creative and visually interesting in the survey.

And who voted for tank tops to be put into a knitting pack??? We have enough of those already.

I'd have been really happy if all the CAS was hats, mittens, socks/slippers, and maybe a couple jackets with scarves. You know, stuff people knit.
  • Options
    TheRepoManSamTheRepoManSam Posts: 16 Member
    @ChuChuExpress I was wondering about that same thing. I thought that pink girl dress#78 was going to win from all the people on the forum posting their results. After seeing that it didn't win i'm thinking," it must be one of the crafted clothing items that you can only get from knitting!" Right? ^_^
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    DISCLAIMER: Designs are still In Progress and could change during development.

I wanted to share a little bit about the gameplay and the results with you all. The CAS items numbered in blue are the items we're currently planning to let you craft via the knitting skill.

finalcas.png

With the community voted Stuff Packs we try to respect the vote as much as possible. This pack is unique in that the CAS assets have actual gameplay implications since you will be able to knit (some) of the clothing items. With that in in mind we swapped one adult female top for a child sweater(#80) in order to have something to knit for kids. This child sweater was ranked 23rd in overall votes.

The current plan is to let you unlock different clothing knits (and objects) at different skill levels, similar to how existing crafting skills work in game. We're investigating having these crafted clothing items only unlock in CAS after they are crafted, but that may or may not make it into the final game. Knitted Objects would work like current craftable objects, in that they are not available in the Build/Buy catalog, but you can craft them and then place them in the world.

We'll have more details to share about the gameplay in the coming weeks and months. Why does it take so long for us to talk about gameplay? Because of development schedule for Stuff Packs we have to front load art assets (clothing and objects). When we select these assets we know the pack theme, the art style, and the major gameplay feature(s), but the specifics of the designs aren't worked out yet because we don't start working on the gameplay (coding, tuning, text, etc...) until much later, usually right before or right after the art assets are complete.

I hope you find this information interesting and insightful.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Simming <3

Marie Kondō would say: "This one does not spark the joy."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top