Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Very disappointed by the vote results as if most of the ugliest and plain pieces were voted the most. But that's just my opinion. I really thought the vote was for the knitted items for the pack... didn't understand they were more so meant as regular CAS items. Should have had different votes and be clear about it. Next time, pls, don't give us a ton of options and only allow us to pick like 13% of the variety.

Wish all the packs would've had the same amount of new CAS items for all ages and both genders. I hope that mistake will be corrected in future sims 5.

Nonetheless, I'll buy the new pack when it's released as I really, truly want the knitting skill and deco items around the theme (even if it wasn't my favorite style). Most of all would have wished this to be a more expensive game pack and featured different arts and crafts all together including knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery, crafting for adults, jewelry making (would have been great use of the numerous gems in game), sculpturing - especially statues and other decorative items from clay, wood, stone and ice like in sims 3.

PS. Also supporting the idea of making the knitted items locked until you knit them in game - however, just to be fair, they should also be available by using a cheat just like you can use locked career and event price items that way, because there are a lot of creators who don't actually play at all.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I can't remember what I voted for now...I know I wanted the toddler booties, and those didn't make it. But number 70! Love!
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    SimGuruSarah I have a question, what will happen to other concept arts that won’t win the vote?
    They will be forgotten or they have a chance to appear again in the future(update,DLC, etc)?
  • Options
    KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    Are you seriously? This is just a disaster, and there aren’t enough knitted hats, but only one option was chosen and something similar to what is already in the game. Top 32 and 33 - the most unprepossessing that was offered, there are such cute things for toddlers and pets, but they chose what I already can find in the game.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'm very disappointed by the results to be honest. Apart from a couple of winning items, it's like the least inspired assets won. I don't get it.
    Also, knowing now that the votes were not the only metric to select the final items, if they planned to only include one hat from the get go for example, they should have separated the items into categories for us to vote.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would love to see exactly how the voting went. I'm sure we won't see the actual results because I fear they differ significantly from the final 15 items that are being presented to us as the winners here.
    The voting process was not well design since they didn't even specify if items will be knitted in game or not.
    Also, if we were going to get just one hat out of the many they presented us with, they should have made that clear.
    Separating the clothes into categories, also for "knitted in game" and "not knitted in game", for us to vote would have been best.
    I feel a bit cheated with how this went down to be honest.

So in a knitting pack Sims will only be able to knit 1 hat??? That is coincidentally extremely similar to one we already have in game? I know I'm fixated on the hat, but I truly don't believe this was the most voted hat. The shape is just so similar to what we already have...there were soooo many awesome hats to choose from, I can't believe people actually voted for the winner.

And no socks? In a knitting pack? No gloves? No scarves? These are the basics.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Indeed @AlbaWaterhouse ... maybe they should just release the voting results with some clarification or maybe, as another user suggested, we really do not see eye-to-eye with the majority, but then at least we would know. Cause this doesn't make any sense, and I'm honestly annoyed with them not giving us scarves. In a KNITTING pack. Like wth. I mean, we knew from the very beginning, but I hoped that those who thought more knittable stuff was still to come separate from CAS, may have been right after all ....
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I have to admit that it feels strange that we got to pick from so many hats yet only one was chosen. I get that they wanted to pick the most popular options but I think they should have picked the most popular items by type and not the most popular overall.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TheRepoManSamTheRepoManSam Posts: 16 Member
    #77 is nice and everything but #78(pink girl's dress) seemed to be very popular on the forums.
  • Options
    SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    Can't say I'm thrilled. I chose three out of those 15 items. I think I actually hate voting on stuff. It's cool to see all the things they think of, but then it's really disappointing when you actually know there are things that you liked, that you'll never get because other people didn't vote for them.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    What's odd to me about only one hat is I get the feeling they made a knitting pack without talking to people who actually knit. Or they figured that since knitters aren't their audience (LOL) that it didn't matter what is the most common thing that people knit, what item most people learn to knit first when taught, etc.

Edit: One stocking cap with a bunch of different swatches (to represent different stitches and with and without pom poms) and the same with socks seems to make sense for a knitting pack.
  • Options
    TheRepoManSamTheRepoManSam Posts: 16 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > I have to admit that it feels strange that we got to pick from so many hats yet only one was chosen. I get that they wanted to pick the most popular options but I think they should have picked the most popular items by type and not the most popular overall.

I agree with this! having so many items all in one vote spread the possible outcome too thin.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    #77 is nice and everything but #78(pink girl's dress) seemed to be very popular on the forums.

I voted for 78 because it was clearly knitted and would add to the content suitable for winter outfits. I think it's a shame that it didn't make it, but 77 (a non-knitted item) did make it. Then again, I am probably way out of touch with what the majority wants. I never was much good at liking popular things.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Indeed @AlbaWaterhouse ... maybe they should just release the voting results with some clarification or maybe, as another user suggested, we really do not see eye-to-eye with the majority, but then at least we would know. Cause this doesn't make any sense, and I'm honestly annoyed with them not giving us scarves. In a KNITTING pack. Like wth. I mean, we knew from the very beginning, but I hoped that those who thought more knittable stuff was still to come separate from CAS, may have been right after all ....

I'm a beginning knitter and scarves are pretty much the only thing I can knit. As they're the easiest and require the least effort. I've been wanting scarves for ages. We NEED scarves!!!!!!!! We have hats and gloves, but in those freezing Seasons icy gales it makes no sense why we don't have scarves!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The final selections look sad to be honest. Also crazy how boys get nothing...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RigyRigy Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm excited, could be really cool designs, I just wish they would introduce more beanies and such. Time will only tell!
  • Options
    Lilyxox7Lilyxox7 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > Ready to see which CAS items will be in the pack? Third vote results are here, check them out! >> https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sp-survey-results-3
    >
    > Edited: @SimGuruSarah shared extra details about these results and the gameplay below, so make sure you don't miss her post!

hm i dont know tbh
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow! I voted for most all of these! Hooray! This is a first for me 💁‍♀️
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Surprised that only one hat came through.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2020
    Exactly!! But I’m assuming they had to balance between all the items, so we didn’t end up with just hats or just female stuff for instance. I wouldn’t have minded more hats
    personally.
    Jrv91991 wrote: »
    @SimGuruSarah So we only get 7 clothing items to knit in total? I understand that it’s a stuff pack, but that seems very minimal for a pack based on knitting. You said that a top was swapped with a child’s sweater that was ranked 28!? That just tells me the actual top 15 items weren’t included which is really disappointing. I was expecting so much better than this.

Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I didn’t, because I thought we were voting for just cas and not items to knit, and I thought that as there were only 15 items it wasn’t very fair to those who don’t have Cats and Dogs.
    I’d actually like knitting stuff for pets.

But whoever didn't vote for not one pet item should call me. I just want to talk 😏

• Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited February 2020
    We desperately need another child/toddler-focused pack. Playtime Stuff, maybe?
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Whenever the gurus come back online, they should explain why the voting was done in this way. If they had planned form the start that some items wouldn't be craftable in game, they should have specified that within the vote, and marked off which ones would be able to be knit and which ones wouldn't. I voted for mainly toddler and kids clothes, but there were some I wasn't able to choose because we had so few votes. I ended up picking the dresses that won, but I was voting based on what I wanted to see my sims knit for my little ones in game. Had I known beforehand that they had no plans to let us actually knit those, I wouldn't have wasted my votes on them.

Why is it that only now after everything is done are they telling us that we aren't able to knit everything? That's something that should have been specified beforehand. I hope this gets explained.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I would love to see exactly how the voting went. I'm sure we won't see the actual results because I fear they differ significantly from the final 15 items that are being presented to us as the winners here.
    The voting process was not well design since they didn't even specify if items will be knitted in game or not.
    Also, if we were going to get just one hat out of the many they presented us with, they should have made that clear.
    Separating the clothes into categories, also for "knitted in game" and "not knitted in game", for us to vote would have been best.
    I feel a bit cheated with how this went down to be honest.

So in a knitting pack Sims will only be able to knit 1 hat??? That is coincidentally extremely similar to one we already have in game? I know I'm fixated on the hat, but I truly don't believe this was the most voted hat. The shape is just so similar to what we already have...there were soooo many awesome hats to choose from, I can't believe people actually voted for the winner.

And no socks? In a knitting pack? No gloves? No scarves? These are the basics.

From everything I can find here and on twitter, they made one substitution (the child knit-able top for the #15 item, which was apparently another women's top) so that there was more available to knit.

I agree that they should have been clear from the beginning which items were going to be knit-able and which items weren't, but it's also possible that that wasn't solid yet and they didn't want to delay the vote (though they probably should have.)

I also think they should release the numbers. Not because I don't think these were the top voted, but because I'm curious to see where all the items fell (and I'm curious how many votes there actually were.) I'd also be curious (on the next vote, because I don't think they have the data for this one) what percentage of the voters came via twitter, the Forums, Facebook, or from the in-game prompt, and where (via percentages) their votes fall. But I like that sort of statistical information just for information's sake.
  • Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I'm sure majority of people would like most if not all items to be knitted but without this information they robbed us of that chance. This whole voting process was unfair as you should always give people context so they know exactly what their voting for because I'm sure if people knew the results would have been different. Out of the 7 items that we can knit only 1 is for male YA that is not enough and I hope it will be changed.

Looks like modders have another feature that they must fix.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top