Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote for your favorite CAS items (Vote now closed)

Comments

• Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    big questions:

where are my mittens?
    separate scarfs?
    separate cardigans?
    why so few woolly socks?

okay I'll continue with the vote ~~

Yes separate scarfs would really make it for cold weather outfits, but I guess it will conflict with the hair ghosting through it.
  • Options
    GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    I think the team that's responsible for the cas items lacks a lot of creativity. It looks the same or almost the same as the items we already have. It was difficult to choose 15 items that I liked. I couldn't get past 8 items.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I liked the cas from the other suggested packs better, but I will say that from the given choices i'm all about the denim, the winter hats that COVER THE EARS, and the long sleeve onesie for toddlers.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I liked the cas from the other suggested packs better, but I will say that from the given choices i'm all about the denim, the winter hats that COVER THE EARS, and the long sleeve onesie for toddlers.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Ok I Think I understand. There will be some crazy animation like knitting a “thneed” and then there will be a notification that a perfectly normal asset is available in CAS, Kind a like the cognitive dissonance of decorating a Christmas tree.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Did they say how long this vote is lasting? I don't remember any specific end date being mentioned before.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Went on Twitter to check out what simmers are saying they voted for over there and I am afraid but most people are voting for more female outfits than anything else... :'(

On youtube I saw a lot voting for pet clothing
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Went on Twitter to check out what simmers are saying they voted for over there and I am afraid but most people are voting for more female outfits than anything else... :'(

On youtube I saw a lot voting for pet clothing

oh no...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Yeah, you try putting anything on my sister's cat, and she's liable to give you a look that says 'What have you done to me, human?' Another reason I didn't go for the pet clothing. What's wrong with just a collar/bow?
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    JedmadarJedmadar Posts: 7 New Member
    I'M SO EXCITED! I wound up voting for 70% of them before I realized it was supposed to be 15 only lol. One of the toughest decisions of my life.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020
    In the end this was my vote but I regret a couple of them because after viewing on my larger computer screen instead of the phone I see a couple I'd prefer. However, I still really like what I chose a LOT and wouldn't be unhappy with them winning. (I would have switched out the green woman's dress for the children's striped shirt number 92 (the last one) and I would have switched out the toddler bib style dress and striped shirt as we already have a similar one in came, with the knit onesie). I may have switched the yellow men's outfit for the green one 53. (still mens)

No pet stuff and I dn't care too much about shoes/socks so i didn't vote for them etiher. I also didn't do any hats/outfits with hoods as I don't like how they look on Sims usually once worn and how they cover ALL hair, even if I found some of the hoodies adorable.

HV5hraM.jpg
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Really tough decisions were made. I truly suffered in making my choices, to where I was urged to cry out to the heavens, "I used up all my choices with none left for the cat sweater !!!". Still I want to thank those who made the decision to give us this opportunity to have these votes.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It was fun but tough narrowing down my choices to 15, especially without categories. DIY wasn't my first choice so I can't say I'm in love with everything, but at least I liked most of the options even if I didn't vote for them. I voted for 2 hats, 3 female outfits/tops, 4 male tops, 3 toddler tops/outfits, 2 child tops, and 1 dog outfit.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    That was actually harder than I expected. I finished making my choices and thought "Well, that wasn't nearly 15, what the heck should I round it out with?" Then I actually counted and I'd selected 26.

However of everything there, I think the one I want the most is that Viking hat.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    my vote:
    WvkNWhp.png
    and i voted for these.. in spirit...
    EGHdONK.png
    i think dog outfit #88 was actually cuter but i was blinded by the bad swatch.

i do wonder if this is meant to be the stuff that sims can create or if that will be separate? because a lot of this doesn't really look homemade..
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I do hope that we will get the llama hat the cat outfit. I love those two the most! It fits the Sims' sense of humour.
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I voted all the items yet it wouldn't let me...
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I voted all the items yet it wouldn't let me...

You can only vote for 15.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I really dont think it's a good idea adding pets stuff to another pack even though it wouldn't effect me as I have cats & dogs , *cough* my first pet *cough*, but saying that though this is a community voted pack

I think the animal sweaters are adorable!! (Although, I think watching someone try to put a sweater on most cats would be hilarious!) But I don't think asking us if we'd like knitted things for our pets is any way relatable to My First Pet Stuff. Many packs include things that essentially only unlock for players when we have other related packs, especially the bigger EPs like C&D and Seasons. I rather enjoy that. 😺

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I tried to pick something for everyone, but I did go a little toddler heavy...

iqIlry3.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2020
    Alexciel wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    big questions:

where are my mittens?
    separate scarfs?
    separate cardigans?
    why so few woolly socks?

okay I'll continue with the vote ~~

Yes separate scarfs would really make it for cold weather outfits, but I guess it will conflict with the hair ghosting through it.

I mean maybe but that is no excuse for no mittens or woolly socks

mittens are important
    as avid mitten fan I refuse to put my knitting sims in boring gloves of ugly we have in the game

and woolly socks are very important piece of clothing in knitting pack

my only hope is that they include them regardless of voting

for all ages
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2020
    Edit 2: I am also curious as to how exactly they will count the votes. Surely they want the CAS assets to be "even" and have a "good mix" of female, men, kid, and toddler. So, if the voting puts more weight on male clothing or kids for example, will they honor the votes and go with it or will they just pick the most voted from each category? If that is the case, then this voting is not 100% ours.
    I wrote "even" and "good mix" in quote marks because it doesn't mean for me what it means for the devs. For the devs based on the last 4 or 5 packs "good mix" means 70% female adult, 29% male adult and 1% kid/toddler.

I just read this description given by EA_Mai in another thread:
    Clothing Style Vote (Late January 2020): Review concept art of families wearing different styles of clothing and decide on your favorite clothing style. This will influence the look of the clothing in the pack.

The last sentence tells me that the voting is not 1:1 which I guess makes sense but I really hope that we don't end up getting only one item for toddlers and one items for kids. I also would hope they would explain better how they will use our votes.

To your previous point: I don't think the things we can knit (to wear) are separate from CAS ... if only because there are legwarmers included in the shoes, scarves included in the clothes,... I really hope there's a whole set of gameplay-related extra's we can knit (mittens/gloves, separate scarves, extra legwarmers, ...) but why not include those when they include the hats? And why the silence? Honestly ... I'm happy for the most part with TS4 but I can already hear the "10 budget reasons why we didn't include the most expected items in a pack they fit in perfectly" speech. And I am kinda tired of hearing it. Where are the really useful space-saving items in TL SP? It's a great SP but still ... I'm not blaming the devs persé, I'm sure it's a budgetary issue, but it's also tiring. And if they release a knitting pack without separate scarves and mittens .. ? Yeah, I'll have a serious issue with that. I don't just want pretty CAS and BB, I want fleshed out themes. Whether they cost me 10, 20 or 40.
  • Options
    KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    My choice: hats 9, 14, 20. for toddlers 66, 67, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74,75. for pets 88, 89, 90, 91.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I just voted for things I would actually use in game, which wasn’t a whole lot, and then filled in the rest with kid and toddler stuff to help out the family players.

I have zero interest in knitted tank tops, shorts, a billionth pair of high-water pants, more crop tops, or hats that look like they’re too small for a sims head, clunky boots, slippers...

So, sweaters with cats on, normal looking guys tops, and a bunch of random littles’ items it was!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited January 2020
    I chose the cat sweaters, some cute hats, the cat slippers (hey, we have very few sweaters), the colorful sweater for kids, a few male items, a denim skirt (btw if it’s included please make it HIGH WAISTED).

In general I wasn’t crazy about these clothes except the cute hats (lama one, the one with two pompons....) and the cat slippers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top