Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote for your favorite CAS items (Vote now closed)

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have a feeling this will be one of my Fav stuff packs to date. Very excited for it's release
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I spent over 30 minutes trying to choose..this was difficult
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Took one for the team and only voted for Men's, Toddler's, and Children stuff. Don't remember the numbers.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I personally get the impression that this vote is just for CAS items that our Sims will not be knitting and available to wear whether your Sims knit or not. I believe (could be wrong) knitted items will be completely separate and unavailable until they are knitted and 'unlocked' in CAS and/or buy mode for any items not considered clothing such as; stuffed toys, blankets, pillows, etc.

The reason I think this is because there's items in the vote that could not be knitted, such as the boots (the sock part could though) and/or clothing that appears to not be made with knit fabric, or at least it doesn't look like it. Hard to tell from the drawings.

I hope I'm right, otherwise if this is all the clothing/accessories our Sims will be able to knit, that's very disappointing indeed.

Scarves and other similar items would be cas assets though ... And I sincerely hope you're right but I've learned not to expect anything they don't explicitly show us because usually what we see is exactly what we get .. now I agree that knitted toys and the like would be B&B instead of CAS but scarves, etc. ..yeah dunno. Not here? Not expecting it.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    5XoyoEf.jpg
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    The black is what I chose, the red is what I could have chosen.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I can’t wait to see how they market this thang lol I have a feeling the trailers for the pack will be so bad they’ll be good

Like the Laundry Day one? My God, they had to market that one hard so it didn't sound so dumb.

Lol I don't even remember that one. Gonna have to pull it up and get my laughs off huh
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would have loved a statement from the Gurus as to whether or not this clothes will be knitted by our sims or just simply in CAS and the knitted items would be on top, as extras.
    I voted assuming this was just CAS as usual and that the knitted items would come separetely since I didn't see any mittens/gloves for example and you would think that that is a basic thing to learn when you knit.
    Maybe my vote would have been a little different if this were the items that our sims would knit.
    Anyway, here are the items I voted for. I focused on kids and toddlers because they are IN NEED of attention.

NBQEwwJ.png
    pOkNRuQ.png
    xdzSw0x.png

I didn't vote for anything for cat and dogs because I already have enough silly pet outfits in my game. I get it that some people find them cute but I never use them. I appreciate it however that they added the options to this voting to test the waters to see if simmers would be interested in more CAS items for pets. Since this is a community voting, I find the decission could potentially be very useful for the devs in the future, so vote wisely people ;)

Also, I don't understand why most of the male trousers we get are ankle-length. In fact in this voting, ALL male pants were apart from the shorts.
    Edit: women trousers are also all ankle-length here.

Edit 2: I am also curious as to how exactly they will count the votes. Surely they want the CAS assets to be "even" and have a "good mix" of female, men, kid, and toddler. So, if the voting puts more weight on male clothing or kids for example, will they honor the votes and go with it or will they just pick the most voted from each category? If that is the case, then this voting is not 100% ours.
    I wrote "even" and "good mix" in quote marks because it doesn't mean for me what it means for the devs. For the devs based on the last 4 or 5 packs "good mix" means 70% female adult, 29% male adult and 1% kid/toddler.
    Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited January 2020

Also, I don't understand why most of the male trousers we get are ankle-lenght ones. In fact in this voting, ALL male pants were apart from the shorts.
    Edit: women trousers are also all ankle-lenght here.

idk I mean I sort of get it for woolly pyjamaish kind of pants though so for this time they work

what I don't get is why so many in other pack as not pyjama pants
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Ugh... took a closer look at pants 59 and 60 and now I'm kinda sad I didn't vote for them. They may be ankle-length but they do look very cute.
    Edit 2: I am also curious as to how exactly they will count the votes. Surely they want the CAS assets to be "even" and have a "good mix" of female, men, kid, and toddler. So, if the voting puts more weight on male clothing or kids for example, will they honor the votes and go with it or will they just pick the most voted from each category? If that is the case, then this voting is not 100% ours.
    I wrote "even" and "good mix" in quote marks because it doesn't mean for me what it means for the devs. For the devs based on the last 4 or 5 packs "good mix" means 70% female adult, 29% male adult and 1% kid/toddler.

I just read this description given by EA_Mai in another thread:
    Clothing Style Vote (Late January 2020): Review concept art of families wearing different styles of clothing and decide on your favorite clothing style. This will influence the look of the clothing in the pack.

The last sentence tells me that the voting is not 1:1 which I guess makes sense but I really hope that we don't end up getting only one item for toddlers and one items for kids. I also would hope they would explain better how they will use our votes.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Since I can make my own recolours of CAS assets, but not edit meshes, I picked mostly stuff I don't think we have in that form yet, like 10, 64, and 76.

But now my question is (sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't read the entire thread): Will these assets even be available in CAS from the getgo, only become availabe in CAS after being knitted, or never be in CAS at all and basically function like useable objects (that you can put on in Live Mode)? And what about the clothes already in the game, can some of those be knitted too, or only the ones that come with this pack?

I guess I should have asked these questions before voting...
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I want them all! <3
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I voted for
    # 3 (yellow hat)
    #10 (pink hat)
    # 27, 28, 29 (female tops with scarfs)
    # 41 (female boots)
    #51 (male jacket with scarf)
    #52 (male jacket)
    #59 & 60 (male pants; great for sleepwear imo)
    # 66 (toddler pullover)
    #73 (toddler top with head piece)
    # 75 (toddler shoes; we simply need more of them!)
    # 82 (female kid boots)
    # 83 (male kid pullover)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    This was the toughest vote of my entire life. I must've spent half an hour trying to decide what my final picks will be. In the end, I voted for one of each item for each age and pet. It seems a little ridiculous to think that we'll only have 15 items in the pack, so I really hope that isn't the case.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I would have loved a statement from the Gurus as to whether or not this clothes will be knitted by our sims or just simply in CAS and the knitted items would be on top, as extras.
    I voted assuming this was just CAS as usual and that the knitted items would come separetely since I didn't see any mittens/gloves for example and you would think that that is a basic thing to learn when you knit.
    Maybe my vote would have been a little different if this were the items that our sims would knit.
    Anyway, here are the items I voted for. I focused on kids and toddlers because they are IN NEED of attention.

NBQEwwJ.png
    pOkNRuQ.png
    xdzSw0x.png

I didn't vote for anything for cat and dogs because I already have enough silly pet outfits in my game. I get it that some people find them cute but I never use them. I appreciate it however that they added the options to this voting to test the waters to see if simmers would be interested in more CAS items for pets. Since this is a community voting, I find the decission could potentially be very useful for the devs in the future, so vote wisely people ;)

Also, I don't understand why most of the male trousers we get are ankle-length. In fact in this voting, ALL male pants were apart from the shorts.
    Edit: women trousers are also all ankle-length here.

I can understand that women's clothes get more attention than men's - there's more variety in real life. I do wish that they'd finish making more of the women's tops to work for both genders (and non-binary), however. Kids and especially toddlers have loads of cute clothes in the stores - it's certainly not a lack of inspiration.

One thing I'd have liked would have been mid-length socks for wearing with boots and cropped pants or skirts. The only socks long enough to wear with boots are the tube socks. Knitted socks would have been perfect for this. (And they should layer outside the pants, not under.) There were a couple of boot-sock combos like this in the CAS choices, but I didn't care for most of them. And none for kids.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Went on Twitter to check out what simmers are saying they voted for over there and I am afraid but most people are voting for more female outfits than anything else... :'(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm not keen on any of it. I tried to bypass without choosing and it said I had to choose. So I picked 7. Meh and bleh. Most look like stuff already in game, and why are there so many dang sweaters? It's not winter all the time! And so many dang sweats and short pants. Bleh.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    We should get all of them.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm not keen on any of it. I tried to bypass without choosing and it said I had to choose. So I picked 7. Meh and bleh. Most look like stuff already in game, and why are there so many dang sweaters? It's not winter all the time! And so many dang sweats and short pants. Bleh.

i want more winter clothes, every time i make winter outfits in cas they all look the same cause there's hardly any options.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2020
    Looking good, especially the hats, I'd take them all. There's some items I'm more excited for than others, naturally, but none that would stick out as ugly/don't want. So although I'm still salty at my industrial look not having won, CAS should be good :)

My picks:
    79cbfbb3a2765539b596c8a7a9d6402c9d21237d.jpg
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Voted! I only liked 19 things, including pets. Why couldn't they have made the limit 20 instead? lol
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    Gosh I wish they just gave us everything. I voted for mostly kids and toddler stuff because my little ones need more things in game. I do hope that if they give us a winter activity pack in the future though they consider giving us some of the hats that don't get chosen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top