Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

➠ CaptainStumpy's Studio Lot Showcase

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CaptainStumpyCaptainStumpy Posts: 76 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    This Mid-Century Modern is stunning! Great build, I love its simplicity while still so charming. Which neighborhood were these photos taken? I'm curious because it looks like the build fits very well in its surroundings and I am kind of... picky about where I place certain styled lots :) Regardless, it's beautiful!

Thank for the kind comments! Sorry it took so long to reply, working on my RL house. The lot I used is I think called "Tranquil Crescent" in the Southern Neighborhood in the base Newcrest World. Happy Simming!

• Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    This Mid-Century Modern is stunning! Great build, I love its simplicity while still so charming. Which neighborhood were these photos taken? I'm curious because it looks like the build fits very well in its surroundings and I am kind of... picky about where I place certain styled lots :) Regardless, it's beautiful!

Thank for the kind comments! Sorry it took so long to reply, working on my RL house. The lot I used is I think called "Tranquil Crescent" in the Southern Neighborhood in the base Newcrest World. Happy Simming!
    No problem! Real life always manages to get in the way :wink: Thank you for the reply and the info! I actually LOVE Newcrest so that's great news lol. Keep up the wonderful builds!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fishing Cabin

I've always had a dream to have a rustic fishing cabin. This one-room, one bed, outhouse build is a combination of my idea of my own dream cabin, some cabins I have known and the cabin built by Richard Proenneke in Alaska documented by his own home movies in Alone in the Wilderness. Being a rustic cabin it has all the off-the-grid items a Sims needs to ignore those pesky power bills.

Lot Size 30x20
    Bedrooms: 0
    Baths: 0 (Outhouse and outside shower and bath)
    NoCC
    Moveobjects cheat. Yes.
    Imgur Gallery: Fishing Cabin
    Online Sim4 Gallery: Fishing Cabin

Sample Screenshots
    WizqaF8.jpg
    FcqwOkN.jpg
    z5SXIT5.png
    RZdhVil.png
    8RmzMgB.jpg
    yrC2YjO.jpg
    uEW3egy.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Fishing Cabin is a lovely rustic cabin home! :) Very nice entrance area with the wood log arch with the mounted fish on it! The natural wooden texture of the walls of the buildings, the log roofing on the workshop and the wooden texture of the furnishings is lovely, warming and calming! Very nice outdoors bbq dining area for Sims to enjoy eating in the outdoors air. They will enjoy sitting around the campfire keeping warm and toasting food. Very nice woodwork shed! Sims will enjoy doing woodwork on the table there. Very lovely homely and warm interior furnishing,brown colour and open plan layout. The outdoors laundry area is very nice.
    It is a lovely cabin home! :)
  • Options

The Burrow v2.0

This is my interpretation of "the Burrow", home of the Weasely family from Harry Potter. I tried to make it as authentic to the film version as possible so it is packed to the gills with stuff and very tight pathfinding. To work out as many bugs as I could, I raised the entire Weasley family from Charlie to Ginny in it and it was a challenge to keep it together even with everyone's magic abilities, even so, the Burrow is a fun chaotic build to play. Features include Harry Potter authentic kitchen and sitting room, Bedrooms for Arthur and Molly and Ginny on 2nd Floor, 3rd Floor for the twins and Percy and 4th floor bedroom for Ron as well as Arthur's shop and the garden.

Lot Size 30x20
    Bedrooms: 5 plus 1 bunk out in Arthur's shop
    Baths: 3
    NoCC
    Moveobjects cheat. Oh Merlin's beard yes.
    Imgur Gallery: The Burrow
    Online Sim4 Gallery: The Burrow

Sample Screenshots
    H4PnL16.jpg
    f3xZI5G.jpg
    JKJcWVd.jpg
    ewsFG0R.jpg
    t2i1b80.jpg
    QSH4LSA.jpg
    FIScdKR.png
    ZkXVjtH.jpg
    Xne545X.jpg
    G8vuCyu.jpg
    YKhWtI5.jpg
  • Options
    The Burrow 2 is a very lovely simversion of the Harry Potter home! :) You have reflected it so very well in sims gameform! It looks just like it! Very great exterior! The interior furnishing of the home is lovely! Very nice warm colours and it is great that you have designed each room to reflect the type of room and the characters that are in Harry Potter.
    It is a very detailed and very nice Harry Potter home! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Micro Trailer

I made the first version of this build when Strangerville came out to fit on the Trailer Park lot. I just revised the build to convert it to a Tier 1 Micro Home for Tiny Living. Upgraded with stuff from the Tiny Living items. Here's the result.

Lot Size 20x15
    Bedrooms: 0. 1 double in trailer and a bunk in the shed.
    Baths: 1
    NoCC
    Moveobjects cheat. Not possible without it.
    Imgur Gallery: Micro Trailer
    Online Sim4 Gallery: Micro Trailer

Sample Screenshots
    vteKs5x.jpg
    ElgFMMu.jpg
    PKFSaNy.png
    CGe0lTj.png
    g3I1lLs.jpg
    Post edited by CaptainStumpy on
  • Options

Tier 2 Tiny Starter Cabin

This is another older build I upgraded for Tiny Living. This build, like many of my builds, is based on life experience. This time a mountain cabin I once lived in. The original build, (Starter Mountain Cabin) was made from memory. Coincidently, I recently found some pics of my cabin which I used to help upgrade the old build and convert it to a Tier 2 Tiny House for Tiny Living. At well under 20k it makes an excellent starter for new Sims.

This revision uses items from various packs but I left the old build in my gallery for those who would like a Basegame Starter.

The new version more authentically recreates the real-life, mouse infested cabin. Yes the front porch had no railings when I lived there.

Lot Size 20x15
    Bedrooms: 1
    NoCC
    Moveobjects cheat. Some. It would probably work without it.
    Imgur Gallery: Tier 2 Tiny Starter Cabin
    Online Sim4 Gallery: Tier 2 Tiny Starter Cabin

Sample Screenshots
    sMNfDTv.jpg
    bBjoZ4W.png
    8rQTL4E.png
    dhiLUHC.jpg
  • Options
    Micro Trailer and Tier 2 Tiny Starter Cabin are very nice tiny living homes! :) It is great that you are updated your original builds to suit the new pack! The trailer design of the first home is very nice and the new pack items look great how you used them to furnish the interior of the home. Very nice outdoors grill, dining and gardening boxes area.
    It is great that the cabin is based on a cabin that you stayed at. The exterior wall textures give a great cabin look to the home, and very nice open plan interior layout. The kitchen area floor tiling suits the type of cabin very well.
  • Options

Tier 2 Tiny Studio

Living in a small space doesn't mean you can't live. And I know this place is livable because I lived it. This Tier 2 tiny home layout is based on a real-life 435 sq ft studio condo. The actual home is in a 23-story building and not a tiny house but the interior is authentic right down to the Murphy bed.

Lot Size 20x15
    Bedrooms: 0
    NoCC
    Moveobjects cheat. Yes
    Imgur Gallery: Tier 2 Studio
    Online Sim4 Gallery: Tier 2 Studio

Sample Screenshots
    VCj4WAn.jpg
    8mfeKyY.png
    nLtCRuN.png
    9qfwNNJ.jpg
    3SP9uw5.jpg
  • Options
    Tier 2 Tiny Studio is a lovely tiny living home! :) It is great that you made a sims game version of a real life studio condo! Very nice exterior design, sloped roofing and great carport! The outdoors dining patio is very nice for Sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors in the air. Very nice open plan interior layout and furnishings.