Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What and when are we getting next?

Besides of the knitting stuff pack and after the tiny living stuff, what do you think we're getting next? A game pack? An ep? And when? Maybe march? Is there any pattern? Will it be family oriented? Occults? What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    I saw one of the sim gurus reply to a tweet saying they'd not forgotten about the family orientated players. Seems to me they've forgotten about us since parenthood but maybe we'll get something
  • Options
    VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    If u looked at the latest sims 4 survey a winter sports pack was heavily suggested, as well as lots of relationship and personality improvements which should already be in the game but will likely be sold as an overpriced pack
  • Options
    civiecivie Posts: 3 New Member
    Usually, I would have said a farming EP is next. But after the amount of wintersport-related questions in the survey, I guess that's it. At least I can save some money there, haha! Especially since children and toddlers are probably not going to be able to participate in any of these activities, like they're unable to do nearly anything in the game. Oh well.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    probably an update for the 20th anniversary next month should be the biggest thing, at least i hope so. it's 20 years of the sims, should be more than a t-shirt in cas....hopefully....

i think a gamepack in feb/march is likely, i think it will hopefully be about making bands.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Probably a patch in Feb for the 20th anniversary and then a game pack in March or April and an expansion in June. The winter sports-themed pack that was in the survey would need at least six months or more of development unless they've already made it and wanted to see what we thought (but that would be pointless for a survey). I'm thinking that maybe we get a generation type pack first because bunkbeds would fit that theme and because all the life stages need updating. They also said that they wanted to add bikes for toddlers and kids after the backlash in Discover University and what better pack than a generation one. (This could also be wishful thinking on my part)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    I'm thinking we'll see a game pack in Feb or March, maybe April at latest. Doubt it will be a lifestate focused pack, if there is one that will probably come in the second half of the year, hopefully werewolves. I'd love for the next GP to be amusement park/carnival themed. Maybe something with time travel - medieval perhaps, I know the future pack was an EP in Sims 3 but Dragon Valley was a world, which would be closer to a GP IMO.

The Winter pack won't come until November-ish if it's an EP or maybe even early 2021 if it's a GP. Next EP I'm almost willing to bet will be farming related, in June-ish, unless they go a GP in that route, which they could. And if they do that would be a great choice for the next GP.

It could also be something totally off the radar, unexpected as they indicated through their social media, but I think there was some interest and indication that Farming "could" be coming at some point. The Amusement Park idea is just me wishing and hoping. As is time travel really. But unless they gave us something like a Las Vegas -city styled vacation GP with hotels, I can't honestly think of anything else I'd want other than what I mentioned already.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    I suspect we will get something with the 20th anniversary of the sims. Maybe an old sims object like the love bed or a NPC.
    If it's going to be a busy year we might get 2 stuff, 2 game and 2 expansion packs. Maybe we will get a SP in January and July, a GP in March and September and an EP in May and November.

The SP's for this year will obviously be Tiny Living and the Crafting/Knitting pack. I'm hoping for a romance GP with more relationship interactions and romantic wedding stuff. Also a GP with a generations aspect with more elder content is on my wish list. Nostalgic interactions and memories would be nice. I would love it if that also came with retro furniture.

An EP with resorts and vacation homes would also be something I would like. Maybe with a mountain world where you could hike in the summer and ski in the winter. There's also rumor about a Farming EP, but I would love something with a time travel aspect like a medieval or victorian world. Also I'm still hoping we will get cars with a free update.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I imagine we'll have another Feburary GP releasing around my birthday like the past 2 years. Theme? Idk, I can ever guess what they'll do with GPs.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I predict a Game Pack in Feb.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I predict free babies soon in a patch along with a generation game pack soon after... Prob in Feb. Then a world adventures type pack in the spring, knitting stuff later in the summer, surprise occult in the fall and a winter retreat in Nov... And one more surprise stuff pack thrown in somewhere, maybe cars.

I think farming and wedding stuff won't come until early 2021.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Hopefully we get the same things I always ask for either Free Babies, Preteens, Vechiles, Burglars, Fire Fighters, NPC police. Wedding Day Stuff Pack double rings for the female Sims like the engagement ring and wedding band. Farming, School Day Game Pack.
    They were talking about in the recent survey a vacation location with hotels and resorts either visit or run it.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I think we'll get a GP in Feb/March. I'd bet on a theme that is 'new', something like Strangerville or even Parenthood which were pretty unexpected. I think we'll get a werewolf GP at some point, but probably later this year around Halloween like Realm of Magic. The survey has only just happened which had the winter sports in it, so that's probably at least a year out.

My prediction for the next six months is for something different as a GP in Feb/March, we'll get knitting stuff probably in May/June and then probably another summer EP, I'd hope for a Rural Living pack (farming/horses/rural world - basically the opposite of City Living).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    A Sims 4 Generations Gamepack with bunkbeds, playable babies, no rabbitholes for Elementary, Junior & Senior High Schools, also family holiday festivals.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    In a recent video kpop singer hyuna promoted the S4 and said that what she wants to do in 2020(!) is take a vacation in the country go on a date and shop. I think that this could be a hint. I expect a game pack on feb/march then a stuff pack on april and an expansion in june. I think the feb pack will be focused around romance. I hope we will get online dating, relationship quirks that affect sims behavior when in relationships (for example jealous-he makes scenes all the time, affectionate-he expresses his love more often etc..) , an attraction system with turn ons turn offs, and a new lot type likd movie theater where we can go on a date. Then the expansion I believe it could be either focused on vacations, farming or some combination of both although I m not really sure why these two fit well together. The thing that I m most certain about is that we will get a release on late feb/beginning of march. That is constant with the release pattern followed on previous years and also the sims team saiz this honna be the boggest year yet. Last year we got 5 releases so now we should at least get six and in that date there is a free spot fod a release given that the time between releases is usually at least a month even if the previous one was a stuff pack.
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Hopefully we get the same things I always ask for either Free Babies, Preteens, Vechiles, Burglars, Fire Fighters, NPC police. Wedding Day Stuff Pack double rings for the female Sims like the engagement ring and wedding band. Farming, School Day Game Pack.
    They were talking about in the recent survey a vacation location with hotels and resorts either visit or run it.

I personally would also like to see burglars and vehicles.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited January 2020
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    In a recent video kpop singer hyuna promoted the S4 and said that what she wants to do in 2020(!) is take a vacation in the country go on a date and shop. I think that this could be a hint. I expect a game pack on feb/march then a stuff pack on april and an expansion in june. I think the feb pack will be focused around romance. I hope we will get online dating, relationship quirks that affect sims behavior when in relationships (for example jealous-he makes scenes all the time, affectionate-he expresses his love more often etc..) , an attraction system with turn ons turn offs, and a new lot type likd movie theater where we can go on a date. Then the expansion I believe it could be either focused on vacations, farming or some combination of both although I m not really sure why these two fit well together. The thing that I m most certain about is that we will get a release on late feb/beginning of march. That is constant with the release pattern followed on previous years and also the sims team saiz this honna be the boggest year yet. Last year we got 5 releases so now we should at least get six and in that date there is a free spot fod a release given that the time between releases is usually at least a month even if the previous one was a stuff pack.

It was Hwasa not Hyuna.
    But I'd take all of that and more if it brings more gameplay.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    kostasmpi wrote: »

It was Hwasa not Hyuna.
    But I'd take all of that and more if it brings more gameplay.

Haha yes my mistake. I agree I want all of them as well. Fot some reason I think that this semester will be focused a lot on Sims personaties(attraction system, preferences etc..)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,251 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Chazzzy wrote: »
    I predict a Game Pack in Feb.

You're optimistic. I will be pessimistic maybe a GP in June or July

GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Jan.)
    <-- 6 months -->
    GP02 Spa Day (Jul.)
    <-- 11 months -->
    GP03 Dine Out (June)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP04 Vampires (Jan.)
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP05 Parenthood (May)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP06 Jungle Adventures (Feb.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP07 StrangerVille (Feb.)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP08 Realm of Magic (Sep.)

ouktd5a9vgcb.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    My assumptions:

1) A patch in February, with something fun, but nothing major, for the anniversary.

2) February GP, probably something fairly unexpected. (No later than March.) Or, it could be something romance related for the Valentine’s marketing— if not this year, then maybe February 2021. I mean, it’s not personally my top request for a pack, but the marketing opportunity would be golden.

3) June EP, possibly either farming/rural living, or something travel/world adventure related.

4) July/August stuff pack. Maybe the knitting pack, depending on how quickly they pace the remaining votes.

5) September/October GP. Definitely supernatural, probably werewolves. If they are feeling generous, we could see a patch/patches during this time period to (a) expand ROM, as per the survey, (b) add in some of the haunting features from the community vote (although I think it’s more likely we would see this as a fall 2021 GP), and/or (c) expand the current Spooky Fest costume options.

6) November EP for holiday sales, possibly whatever we didn’t get from my June EP guesses, or something generations or hobby related.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I will be pessimistic maybe a GP in June or July

GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Jan.)
    <-- 6 months -->
    GP02 Spa Day (Jul.)
    <-- 11 months -->
    GP03 Dine Out (June)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP04 Vampires (Jan.)
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP05 Parenthood (May)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP06 Jungle Adventures (Feb.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP07 StrangerVille (Feb.)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP08 Realm of Magic (Sep.)

Are you also predicting there will only be one EP this year?

Time between GPs don’t matter as much as what release windows are available in a year and what other packs are also releasing in the same quarter.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @elelunicy

One step at a time :p !

First, let's see when GP09 will be released but I doubt the FY20 will end with a GP.
    Maybe another stuff pack is planned.

February is the 20th anniversary of the franchise I hope a Free Pack or Free content will be released.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    My dream:
    Feb - Anniversary Patch with color wheel for hair and online dating
    Mar - Bands GP
    Jun - Farming EP
    Jul - Patch with the relationship updates from the survey
    Sep - Knitting SP
    Oct - Paranormal GP
    Dec - Generations EP
    Feb - Winter Vacation + Hotels EP
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I saw one of the sim gurus reply to a tweet saying they'd not forgotten about the family orientated players. Seems to me they've forgotten about us since parenthood but maybe we'll get something

I so hope so as family play is my main focus even though I finally completed strangerville and island living cleanup and am now immersed in glimmerbrook, I still miss family play so much
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member

Gosh I hope so. I haven't found any incentive to play the game since the Island pack (and that lasted 2 days).
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Just speculation :
    • February/March : SP17 Yet another "EP part 2" stuff
    • May : GP09 On The Road (Cars) or Dream Jobs (Rock Band)
    • June : EP09 FreeTime
    • August/September : SP18 Knitting Stuff
    • November : EP10 Supernatural