Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your chosen degree and university?

I only sent 2 sims to university. They both went to Britchester. One played soccer. My girl went for a language and communications distinguished degree. My boy went for a engineering degree but did not qualify for a distinguished degree.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    History, Brichester. I wanted my sim to be a judge, but I got bored and went back to the business career, with no degree, but with a pay exceeding 1500/hour.
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Comp Sci, distinguished degree at Foxbury.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’ve sent 2 to Britechester; one for History and one for Psychology. I just started another at Foxbury for Biology. The Foxbury dorms are super nice but I like the Britechester campus better. Also the Foxbury Commons is super unnecessarily humongous.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited November 2019
    My guy went for Comp Sci (distinguished) at Foxbury. Got nothing less than an A-. I'm so proud of him ☺.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think I have my tester Sim in for Art History at Britechester. My actual legacy Sim will be going to Foxbury and getting into robotics, once I know how to avoid failing grades. :)
  • Options
    McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    History degree at Britchester so she can go into law career
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I had my Sim go to UBrite for Economics. Once she got the applicable skills high enough, she transferred to Foxbury where she qualified for, and graduated with, a Distinguished Degree in Economics.
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    History in Foxbury, so not distinguished. Graduated with a GPA: A and started as a Judge level 8 :)
  • Options
    ninajainenninajainen Posts: 1 New Member
    Chose Britchester and psychology and got A+. Next I'm going to send her child when she is old enough to foxbury for science 😊
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited November 2019
    I play more than one Sim and will be choosing different degrees based on their personality and skills.

Demonte is my first Sim in uni, though, and he is majoring in biology (distinguished).

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Haven't got it yet, but my main is going to go for a distinguished Biology degree at Foxbury. In his original story, he's an entomologist!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've only played one sim so far. He is halfway through physics at Uni of Britechester. Not distinguished. He is a tester for it though he has grown on me and will stay in the rotation. I'll see if I can try to have his girlfriend age up from teen and join him at the same school. She looks like a female Bjorn. I don't know if they will stay together but if they break up in flames, it will be in uni together.

It is really just a question of how many teens I actually want to send all the way through a degree.

I love the shared residential neighborhood in Britechester with the pub. I will overhaul the actual pub at some point.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    I went for Language and Literature for my first sim. :smiley: I myself majored in English Language & Literature, so it felt very close to home. :blush:
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Test sim is almost done with psych at Foxbury. Not keen on it being dinstinguished but I really wanted to play in Foxbury.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My sim is currently a teen, so she can get distinguished degree, I tried it once but only gave her with honors and she has all her skills so remade her as teen. Going to be Britechester, Language degree to be a lawyer
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I don't have the game yet but my sim Marigold will attend Foxbury with a distinguished degree in Villany. >:)
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    I love doing the psychology degree at Foxbury because my sim Elena Westbrooke wants to be a Professor.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have several Sims I'd love to send to University, but I don't have the pack, yet. One of these Sims is still just a child, my first alien child from an abduction to be exact. His Dad is a Scientist. Once he's old enough, Quazar will enroll in University and hopefully be accepted for a Distinguished degree in Physics at Foxbury. His goal will be to eventually secure a career in Mechanical Engineering.

In his childish innocence, Quazar believes his alien Mom fell in love with Dad while observing him from afar and that's why he was chosen for abduction. He plans to build a rocket, travel to Sixam, find his Mom and get some answers to questions he's had all his life. Chief among these, why has she never visited or contacted them?

He suspects she must have an important and/or serious reason that's preventing her from leaving Sixam. But he doesn't have a clue what it could be since she obviously loves his Dad, right? If his suspicions turn out to be true and Mom can't fly back home with him, Quazar has additional plans to build an alluring robot for Dad to love instead. We'll see how all that turns out. ;)

I'd also like to send one of my Super Sims and see just how many Distinguished degrees he's qualified to pursue. Since I've been reading on threads in the forum that a major part of getting good grades depends on our Sims' skill levels, he should do well even without studying very much, or turning in term papers, presentations etc.

I plan to just let him socialize and have fun as an experiment to see if that is indeed true or not. He's very wealthy, so I'll renovate one of the dorms to give him a luxury single occupancy room equipped for parties and romance. Or perhaps a residential house with invited roommates! That would probably work out better for this particular Sim. :)

Among many, many more Sims I'd like to experience University, I'll also send one of my Spellcasters, a Vampire and a Mermaid, just for funzies. I'll be curious to see which one has the best experience and the best grades out of that bunch. :)

Lastly, since it's my absolute favorite way to play, I'll of course make a brand new Sim and send them to University Rags to Riches style and see how that goes. This Sim will be unskilled in everything without a dime to his/her name, so that'll be interesting to see what kind of scholarships (if any) he/she might be awarded. I know they'll at least get the one for poor Sims. :)

I'm not sure what degrees I'll have anyone pursue other than Quazar. I'll make that decision once I get my hands on the pack.

I've put the pack on my Christmas list and hopefully whoever gets my name in the family draw will get it for me. I'm also hoping that any/all bugs related to this pack will have been fixed in an update patch by then. *crosses fingers*

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    My first sim who completed university did the Distinguished Language and Literature degree at Britechester and is now a writer. I also want to send some supernatural sims after my first attempt didn't go well due to giving them too much to do at a time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    My sim went to Britechester to do a distinguished degree in Communications. She's just graduated and now she's going to focus on being a charity organiser :) She did 4 classes AND had a sports scholarship, AND joined the debate club - wowsers we were both very busy!! Not a gentle introduction to university, but it was a fun challenge :# The first party she had time for was after graduation before moving out :D Has given me loads left to explore for my future generations though - I'm really loving it!
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    So far 3 of my sims graduated in Distinguished Degrees in Foxbury: Physics, Computer Science and Biology.
    Next one is going to Britchester!
    I absolutely hate the dorm life, but I absolutely love how this new experience is almost a new life stage!
    They are already old enough for woohoo, but still yound enough to do stupid plum :smirk:
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    My first student went to Foxbury, stayed in the dorm, and earned a Distinguished Degree with Honors in Physics.

I'm currently sending my Spellcaster to Britechester where he is working on a Distinguished Degree in Language and Literature, but he's living off campus in his home.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My first Sim, the eldest offspring in the household received an athletic scholarship, but I had him study from home. Silly me. I wanted to be able to control the rest of the household, which really wasn't working out so well despite my efforts. The Dad kept accusing his eldest of cheating (to which I can attest, no he wasn't). I next sent the second child to Britechester to live in a dorm. I had fun and realized this was the best way to explore uni. I did send Erik home after his first term, but mostly because he went from Rising Star to Global Superstar while at uni. I wanted him to be able to place his frame. Now, I realize that the worlds not loading was due to an allegedly updated mod, that isn't working well with the latest EP. So, since I had no clue how or if I could send them both back to Britechester, I ended up creating a brand new game save using this same family to start anew, if you will. This time I aged up the four teens, one at a time, leaving a Sim day in between them to keep their birth order. The day before I aged them up I had them apply for a scholarship. I have since learned you can scroll through to see which degree matches which future career. This time I made a better selection, knowing up front what I wanted for each of them.

Aaron wasn't as skilled as he had been in the previous game save, having played him longer and having this copy from My Library. He started with the basic skills I gave him, via MCCC. Disappointing he didn't snag the Athletic Scholarship, but I think he did get the one for Brindleton Bay. At any rate, he got one. It took a couple of days for him to receive the news, but that's okay, because I had three other Sims to age up. By the time I got to number four, I was antsy to get them to uni and start the gameplay I envisioned while awaiting this EP to be released.

I recalled a cheat another player had posted. Happily, I wrote it down, and found the paper I wrote it on. (This is a huge feat in and of itself, mind you.) For Aaron, I chose History. In previous saves after he grew up he went into the military. I'm still of the belief, this is where he's headed.

For Erik, who got the Future Star scholarship, I chose Fine Art (which is really Fine Arts with an 's' if EA is listening). He's currently a B-Lister.

Joey, Jr., who is a bonafide genius, I selected the biology degree since he's going to be a physician. I'm troubled that he has to have just a basic degree, when his older brothers get the snazzy ones.

Brianna, I chose Physics. She's a scientist in my book (no, I'm mean in my book, see my siggie). Basically, she's also the A & A officer. (Anthropology and Archaeology.) The kids are just finishing up their very first term at uni. I think so far they did well. Joey still has to make his presentation and Bree has another day before the term is up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My sim started with physics at Foxbury, then died, then returned as a ghost, but in communications at Britechester.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Sent two sims - one did Distinguished degree in History at Britechester (Olivia Kim-Lewis)and one did Distinguished degree in Physics at Foxbury (Iggy Pancakes) - both A+ honor students and were involved in several organizations (lot of work, but was fun!). They are now married with a toddler (and a servo!) .Olivia is a judge - Iggy is a mechanical engineer. Of course - thanks to the college rivalry that continues even after they leave college - they keep taunting each other so really have to keep an eye on their relationship!