Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• Options
    xPurple_SimmerxxPurple_Simmerx Posts: 16 New Member
    @cherpar Seems that when I updated my lashes I skipped a file somehow. I updated it and its fixed now. Maybe the other people having issues didn't download the July updated files?
    @luthienrising Even without the ATS bikes, my bikes are still a bit glitchy, so I think it might be something else. I'm going to investigate it further.
  • Options
    oopsdaiesoopsdaies Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2019
    RobotBees wrote: »
    oopsdaies wrote: »
    Hello. I have been having a bothersome glitch in my game, immediately after the update because everything had been alright before, and I believe it most likely has to do with a broken mod.

I wish I could get a good screenshot of it happening but its incredibly difficult to because it only occurs when I open a household in game or when I'm scrolling in CAS, so I will attempt to describe it instead until I can figure out a way to get a visual.

The screen flickers from white or the main color and distorts objects for a brief second and then as soon as any movement is made it occurs again.

I've tried everything I can to fix it. I've updated any mod that needed updating, and even after that removing the folder of those core mods, and because I first spotted it in CAS I removed any CAS mods that might've been conflicting and causing this problem but to no avail.

I wanted to know if anyone had been having a similar problem and may know the mod possibly root of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play my game! :(

I think I have the same thing happening in my game - it looks like static going across the bottom of the screen? I took out my entire mods folder and the issue persisted. I also adjusted my graphics to the lowest settings and put laptop mode back on and that didn't fix it either. Do you play on a mac?

Yes I have the exact same problem! I also play on a mac.

EDIT: If you find out what may be causing this please let me know! I will of course do the same as well if I find the cause this glitch, especially for others who may also have this problem and need to be aware of it.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Well, I am completely mystified! I've removed or upgraded any mod that's been noted as having an issue, aside from beds, which all seem to be functioning fine. I did the S4S shower batch fix, no issues with showers at all. Also did the slot195 thing and removed all of the items with too many slots. Tried to load a lot... crash to desktop. Went to an empty apartment in a different save to place an apartment I built earlier (which uses CC) - got 'script call failed'. Okay, clearly there was some problem there. Opened up a household that I got straight off the Gallery with no CC, did tests. Beds, fine. Showers, fine. Shower-tubs, fine. Tested a few mods, all fine.

Noticed, then, that all of the sinks had disappeared.

My sinks are broken! Even the Maxis ones! Every time I tried to place one in BB mode, it instantly vanished and I got another 'script call failed'! Both standalone and in-counter ones, both Maxis and CC, I just don't have working sinks.

I haven't seen this mentioned as a problem at all. Any ideas?!

Edit: Looking at my LE files, I can see TwistedMexi's mods buried in a wall of incomprehensible-to-me text that not even LastException Assistant can read. I've only seen Clean UI and TOOL mentioned as having issues, neither of which I have. I have No Weather in Build/Buy, Better Exceptions, and the mods to always have Testing Cheats, MOO, and CAS Full Edit on. Has anyone had any issue with those?

Edit 2: Took out those five files and tried again, same issue. Yup, deleted the local caches as well. Back to square one!

Edit 3: Well, at least one culprit has been discovered! Since it was only affecting sinks, I took out the only mod I have that works on them (Scumbumbo's Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop), and it's resolved issues. Can place sinks again, and could load that apartment. Still getting CTD with my main's lot, but that's probably something else.

Well, coolspear's one for setting specific sinks seem to be still working fine, if you want a replacement then you can get that.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    It seems the Balanced Calories mod is broken - I could not cook some specific foods and the issue went away when I removed it.

Also, is there any mod that would prevent sims from autonomously petting (or otherwise interacting with pets) while eating?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Upgraded four more traits today.

Chess Lover
    Loves Bowling
    Hoops Lover

https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/traits/hobby/

@MadameLee did you see this post?
  • Options
    LadyEveLadyEve Posts: 38 Member
    Hello and good morning from Austria *waves*

Well, I have a question pls.: Can any of you update the "Expanded Mermaids" (made by SpinningPlumbobs)? A lot of people and me are waiting for it but Spinning Plumbobs doesn't react to all the comments on MTS. It seems the creator has withdrawn from modding. Expanded mermaids is such a great mod and it would be great to get the updated version.

Best regards

Eve
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Bless this thread.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Is there already a mod to pause the semester while switching households in rotational playstyle?
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited November 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »
    gettps wrote: »
    @luthienrising and @Bananas_45 is requesting other modders to make new versions of retired traits/trait creators illegal?

Technically no. All Sims mods are considered freeware/public. They can all be freely modified and distributed by whomever wants to.

Although, if you do that without permission, you may not be very popular... to say the least.

@gettps so what do you do if the creator is no longer around to ask permisson from? At long as the new versions of the trait have "credit" to the outdated trait nothing is wrong is it?

From EA's EULA
    Your Contributions. In exchange for use of the Software, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Software give rise to any copyright interest, you hereby grant EA an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions. You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to EA’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law. The license grant to EA, and the above waiver of any applicable moral rights, survives any termination of this License.
    So, I guess you need to ask permission to EA.

why do I need to ask permission from EA who didn't create 3rd party traits?

You don't really have to ask permission from EA. If the original mod creator has retired and doesn't reply to you, then I think you can update the mod yourself. If the original creator comes back, you can just remove the mod if you make it available to download for the public. To me, there is no issue here but if you are gonna make money with the mod that someone else created, then you will have problems.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    LadyEve wrote: »
    Hello and good morning from Austria *waves*

Well, I have a question pls.: Can any of you update the "Expanded Mermaids" (made by SpinningPlumbobs)? A lot of people and me are waiting for it but Spinning Plumbobs doesn't react to all the comments on MTS. It seems the creator has withdrawn from modding. Expanded mermaids is such a great mod and it would be great to get the updated version.

Best regards

Eve

apparently it's made with the constructor, he would need to export the mod again
  • Options
    RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    RobotBees wrote: »
    Hello. I have been having a bothersome glitch in my game, immediately after the update because everything had been alright before, and I believe it most likely has to do with a broken mod.

I wish I could get a good screenshot of it happening but its incredibly difficult to because it only occurs when I open a household in game or when I'm scrolling in CAS, so I will attempt to describe it instead until I can figure out a way to get a visual.

The screen flickers from white or the main color and distorts objects for a brief second and then as soon as any movement is made it occurs again.

I've tried everything I can to fix it. I've updated any mod that needed updating, and even after that removing the folder of those core mods, and because I first spotted it in CAS I removed any CAS mods that might've been conflicting and causing this problem but to no avail.

I wanted to know if anyone had been having a similar problem and may know the mod possibly root of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play my game! :(

I think I have the same thing happening in my game - it looks like static going across the bottom of the screen? I took out my entire mods folder and the issue persisted. I also adjusted my graphics to the lowest settings and put laptop mode back on and that didn't fix it either. Do you play on a mac?

Yes I have the exact same problem! I also play on a mac.

EDIT: If you find out what may be causing this please let me know! I will of course do the same as well if I find the cause this glitch, especially for others who may also have this problem and need to be aware of it.

There's a thread on EA answers about it, but it doesn't look like there's an official fix. It's definitely a mac issue though. They're talking about switching to windowed mode as a potential work around and someone mentioned resetting to factory settings.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-has-glitchy-lines-across-the-whole-screen/td-p/8439920
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited November 2019
    gettps wrote: »
    @luthienrising and @Bananas_45 is requesting other modders to make new versions of retired traits/trait creators illegal?

Technically no. All Sims mods are considered freeware/public. They can all be freely modified and distributed by whomever wants to.

Although, if you do that without permission, you may not be very popular... to say the least.

@gettps so what do you do if the creator is no longer around to ask permisson from? At long as the new versions of the trait have "credit" to the outdated trait nothing is wrong is it?

MTS will allow you to take over a mod if the mod author has been inactive for a year. I did this with KatIsHere's MySanMyshuno Become Human. She returned recently and requested it back. I didn't have to but I did. She's on her own with it now.

Just make every attempt to contact the mod author. If they don't respond, then fix it and publish it yourself. If you want to publish it on a site like MTS, then you'll need to follow their rules on posting an updated version of an abandoned mod.
  • Options
    simsbasicallysimsbasically Posts: 1 New Member
    Having a problem where I can’t apply paint to walls in build mode. I don’t have any mods that affect walls or custom wallpaper so I’m not sure what could be broken. This is the first time even touching university after spending days updating my mods via this thread so I’m a bit stumped.
  • Options
    professorvannostrandprofessorvannostrand Posts: 2 New Member
    @luthienrising thank you, I haven't but I'll check it out now!
    @SiliClone thank you! I'm not sure if I do, I tried going through my entire mods folder (which is way too big ugh) to organize everything but I may have missed it, or maybe it's part of another mod? Is there a way to know which mods affect sim.info tuning?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @luthienrising thank you, I haven't but I'll check it out now!
    @SiliClone thank you! I'm not sure if I do, I tried going through my entire mods folder (which is way too big ugh) to organize everything but I may have missed it, or maybe it's part of another mod? Is there a way to know which mods affect sim.info tuning?

any mod that adds away actions for sure, but the two I know were updated almost instantly after the patch. One of my mods too (the ones to fix sims not socializing by Zero) that's not needed anymore and should be removed.
  • Options
    neuroticmarsneuroticmars Posts: 11 New Member
    I downloaded KS updated explore mod but it's not working in my game. Maybe it's conflicting with something else IDK.
  • Options
    Ailias_2Ailias_2 Posts: 21 Member
    My first mod/fix for Sims4 uploaded (not for just personal use)
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/635202/ep08-desklamp-fix-requires-university.html
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Bananas_45 - Thank you so much for your reply! I wasn't sure anyone was going to address it, so I finally just went onto YT (literally 20 minutes ago) and found a video. ItsMeTroi has a really good walkthru. Unfortunately, there was no mention of taking the eyelashes out or the default replacement files. I'm only adding a Basic Seasons Fix atm, (because I still have CAS CC that shows up with the white lines on it, and didn't know this could be fixed with a batch fix) - Buuuutt.. its been running for around 20 minutes now, and I can't/don't know how/don't know if it would be safe to stop it.. so it will be fun to see how much I've messed up my game even worse. LOL

I know ItsMeTroi, mentioned the backup folder. Can I just go in and delete the updated versions of the eyelashes and defaults and replace them with the one in the backup folders? Or would I need to go and download them from the Creators again ?

I apologize. I'm not a Sim noob, but I'm pretty much a CC noob. I have always had CC in my game, but I have never had this much CC. And. My CC has never been affected in an update (prior to the last clothing white lines thing that happened, which I just continue to play with and ignore, because it was so much of my "essential" content that was affected, and I didn't know how to fix it) - so Batch Fixes, merging content, unmerging content.. its like a foreign language to me. :disappointed: I'm trying to learn though!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out:)

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @shoopdowoop I'd suggest getting support at S4S with that.
    @ryttu3k Check your version of the Scumbumbo mod. There's a new one in last round's Broken Mods, linked from p. 1.
    Thanks, @YankeesForever !
    @xPurple_Simmerx There are definitely bike game bugs. Head over to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    @TomasGrizzly Have you checked Balanced Calories alone?
    @Dakota88 I've been posting new mods that are University-related as I find them. As of last night, no, not yet.
    @simsbasically Is this happening with or without mods and CC?
    Thanks, @Ailias_2 !

Updated Mods
    Updated Mods: KiaraSims edition
    • traits: Chess Lover, Loves Bowling, Hoops Lover

Reported Fine by
    • itasan2: Get To College Mod V3
    • MAL22: Actually Portable Computer
    • Nova_JY: Birthday Celebration Buff, No more school project box

New and Relevant
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    I was using the new townie less fame mod the newest one. It is breaking the roommates and can't assign a bed too active sim.
  • Options
    NinjabusinessNinjabusiness Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys! I searched this forum for any mention of this mod and I couldn't find it anywhere!
    I believe the 'Livestream regardless of Career' mod by 'Xceptionz' is broken.
    The link is http://modthesims.info/d/621032/livestream-regardless-of-career.html
    The livestream option has completely disappeared. Anyone else use this mod and realise this too? Any news? Thought I'd just leave this here!
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    @Bananas_45 - Thank you so much for your reply! I wasn't sure anyone was going to address it, so I finally just went onto YT (literally 20 minutes ago) and found a video. ItsMeTroi has a really good walkthru. Unfortunately, there was no mention of taking the eyelashes out or the default replacement files. I'm only adding a Basic Seasons Fix atm, (because I still have CAS CC that shows up with the white lines on it, and didn't know this could be fixed with a batch fix) - Buuuutt.. its been running for around 20 minutes now, and I can't/don't know how/don't know if it would be safe to stop it.. so it will be fun to see how much I've messed up my game even worse. LOL

I know ItsMeTroi, mentioned the backup folder. Can I just go in and delete the updated versions of the eyelashes and defaults and replace them with the one in the backup folders? Or would I need to go and download them from the Creators again ?

I apologize. I'm not a Sim noob, but I'm pretty much a CC noob. I have always had CC in my game, but I have never had this much CC. And. My CC has never been affected in an update (prior to the last clothing white lines thing that happened, which I just continue to play with and ignore, because it was so much of my "essential" content that was affected, and I didn't know how to fix it) - so Batch Fixes, merging content, unmerging content.. its like a foreign language to me. :disappointed: I'm trying to learn though!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out:)

Yes, you can use the versions in the backup folder. I'm happy I could help. I think with CC we are all always on a learning curve. :)
  • Options
    neuroticmarsneuroticmars Posts: 11 New Member
    the Expanded Arcana Artifact_Familiars Skull by Wildwitch crashes my game.
  • Options
    RosiasenpaiRosiasenpai Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, made an account to report these.

Anto's CC hairstyles are kinda broken for me since this patch - they look like this, having these weird gray-ish strokes in random places all over them. Is there a way to fix it or do I have to wait for Anto to update them?

Pics are here, since I can't post pictures here yet:
    https://notsureiftroll.tumblr.com/post/189176093989