Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    I updated S4S to support University but see no batch fix for showers.
  • vee_simmervee_simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone!

I just did a 50/50 and landed on Zero's Improved Relationships mod as the culprit of preventing me from loading a household. I haven't seen that mentioned yet anywhere, so I figured I'd share my experience here.

(And thank you for this thread, I've followed it right from the start to update all my mods, it's a real life saver!)
  • bk1226bk1226 Posts: 20 Member
    Did you just update to S4S version 3.1.2.9?
    If so, you will have to update again to version 3.1.3.0.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    vee_simmer wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I just did a 50/50 and landed on Zero's Improved Relationships mod as the culprit of preventing me from loading a household. I haven't seen that mentioned yet anywhere, so I figured I'd share my experience here.

(And thank you for this thread, I've followed it right from the start to update all my mods, it's a real life saver!)

I updated Improved relationships on patreon a couple of days ago.
  • vee_simmervee_simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I updated Improved relationships on patreon a couple of days ago.

Ah thank you - I could have sworn that I updated it because I went through all my mods and check for updates manually, but apparently for some reason I didn't get this one.
    vee_simmer wrote: »
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I updated Improved relationships on patreon a couple of days ago.

Ah thank you - I could have sworn that I updated it because I went through all my mods and check for updates manually, but apparently for some reason I didn't get this one.

Probably missed it since I posted it separately... I wasn't sure it needed updating, but I updated it anyway and turns out it did need it.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Is there a guide on how to apply a "batch-fix" ?? In the past, I never had CC that was affected, and never needed to apply it. Thanks so much:)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Is Meaningful Stories working fine? And Slice of Life? Sorry for asking, the thread is just really long :D

All of that information is available on the first page and updated as new information comes in.

You can also search threads by keywords using the tiny magnifying glass located next to the page number listings at the top and bottom of every page.
  • LittleUsagiiLittleUsagii Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Well that's strange. What do you mean for disappear?

When you load into the game, all of the sims in the household disappear as well as the entire UI. The only thing that shows is the Aspiration box which says 'invalid string' (might have been missing string I'm not too sure). I spent 4 hours going through my entire mods folder just to find out that was the issue. I've reported the issue to the creator this morning, but I'm not sure if there's going to be any kind of fix. Just a warning to those using both Immersive Vampires and the mod that shall not be named.
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Well that's strange. What do you mean for disappear?

When you load into the game, all of the sims in the household disappear as well as the entire UI. The only thing that shows is the Aspiration box which says 'invalid string' (might have been missing string I'm not too sure). I spent 4 hours going through my entire mods folder just to find out that was the issue. I've reported the issue to the creator this morning, but I'm not sure if there's going to be any kind of fix. Just a warning to those using both Immersive Vampires and the mod that shall not be named.

I'm the creator (of immersive vampires) just to know, are you using the mod from MTS? I left mod the sims and not supporting it in there anymore. The mod is now on patreon (completely free) and was recently reworked from scratch so if you still have the old version you need the new one that's on patreon.
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm the creator (of immersive vampires) just to know, are you using the mod from MTS? I left mod the sims and not supporting it in there anymore. The mod is now on patreon (completely free) and was recently reworked from scratch so if you still have the old version you need the new one that's on patreon.

I've downloaded the new one off Patreon. It might be on the other mod's end, but if you need me to I can send you some screenshots of the issues. I know MCC was catching some LE's but it's from another outdated mod that's working fine, just build on an old game patch.
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    bk1226 wrote: »
    Did you just update to S4S version 3.1.2.9?
    If so, you will have to update again to version 3.1.3.0.
    I didn't, I missed that update. Thanks so much!!

JK it's not that mod that Immersive Vampires is conflicting with. I just started up my game with just the two and MCCC and no issues. It is conflicting with another script mod that I have in my game, I'm just not sure which one it is now. I'll get back to this after some testing.
    JK it's not that mod that Immersive Vampires is conflicting with. I just started up my game with just the two and MCCC and no issues. It is conflicting with another script mod that I have in my game, I'm just not sure which one it is now. I'll get back to this after some testing.

Also check that you don't have the old script for immersive vampires in your folder.
  • oopsdaiesoopsdaies Posts: 37 Member
    Hello. I have been having a bothersome glitch in my game, immediately after the update because everything had been alright before, and I believe it most likely has to do with a broken mod.

I wish I could get a good screenshot of it happening but its incredibly difficult to because it only occurs when I open a household in game or when I'm scrolling in CAS, so I will attempt to describe it instead until I can figure out a way to get a visual.

The screen flickers from white or the main color and distorts objects for a brief second and then as soon as any movement is made it occurs again.

I've tried everything I can to fix it. I've updated any mod that needed updating, and even after that removing the folder of those core mods, and because I first spotted it in CAS I removed any CAS mods that might've been conflicting and causing this problem but to no avail.

I wanted to know if anyone had been having a similar problem and may know the mod possibly root of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play my game! :(
    Update: Not sure what was causing the issue. I added in script mods 1 by 1 with Immersive Vampires and the game is fine. I can't seem to replicate what I was experiencing the other day. I had figured something was conflicting with that mod since when it was removed my game was fine, when it was added it was bugging. But today it's working so I may have just forgotten to remove an older version of a mod. Sorry for the alarm!
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

Hi @luthienrising , not sure if this has been posted but i noticed the conflicting reports about 3d lashes (and have self interest). The CC author posted below on their blog that they did not believe the lashes needed updating. I note the eyelashes are also working fine in my game.

49081862606_fe2738daf4_b.jpgAnnotation 2019-11-18 112036 by Cher Par, on Flickr

http://kijiko-catfood.com/about/ - the posts are here. I also note that there does not seem to be any specific info given to the author about the errors they are having (at least on this site), so it might be helpful for people with errors to do so!

• xPurple_SimmerxxPurple_Simmerx Posts: 16 New Member
    For some reason Around the Sims bikes caused my sims to be unable to ride their bikes. I originally bought the one with the basket ATS made, but they didn't work. So then I sold them and just bought the EA university bikes, and they didn't work either until I removed ATS' bikes from my game. If I clicked "Bike here" the action would queue and they'd put their helmet on, but then the action would disappear and they'd do the reset putting their arms out thing. The helmet vanished and then they'd just jog where I told them to bike to, but the jogging isn't in their action queue.
    Also I saw a lot of people saying their game crashes and didn't see anyone mention this, so hopefully it'll help someone:
    https://pinkpxls.tumblr.com/post/189112038608/public-service-announcement
    > @cherpar said:
    > Hi @luthienrising , not sure if this has been posted but i noticed the conflicting reports about 3d lashes (and have self interest). The CC author posted below on their blog that they did not believe the lashes needed updating. I note the eyelashes are also working fine in my game.
    >
    > (Image)
    > Annotation 2019-11-18 112036 by Cher Par, on Flickr
    >
    > http://kijiko-catfood.com/about/ - the posts are here. I also note that there does not seem to be any specific info given to the author about the errors they are having (at least on this site), so it might be helpful for people with errors to do so!

It's really weird because I made over the Pleasant twins and used the skin detail version of the lashes on them, and it was fine. I moved them into a dorm and gave their 6 roomies makeovers and used the lashes on all of them, a mix of male and female. Everything was fine until I got to the last roommate. I gave him the exact same lashes I gave another roommate, and that sim was fine, but for some reason when I went into the game after editing the last roommate, he was covered in a weird white film kinda thing. It happened to another sim of mine before and I knew its caused by them wearing bad cc, but the only cc on the sim besides defaults were the lashes. I removed them and he was fine. So I went and gave him the glasses version and he was fine with those. I don't know why he was the only one of 8 sims to be glitchy, but it was definitely the skin detail lashes.
    Sorry about not being able to post pictures yet. As you can see his hair and outfit are base game, except for his Discover University top. He has on no accessories or make up either. None of his other outfits include cc either, so it isn't a conflict of something he's wearing.
    https://imgur.com/a/KVwa5g5
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Hey @xPurple_Simmerx suggest you head over to Kijijo site to report the issue if you haven’t already done so. This is just reporting thread.
  • DakatsakuDakatsaku Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, not sure if anyone has posted this yet but I had SanoysimsLykkeLRMetalBookcase.package which is a bookcase CC by Sanoyasims and it crashed my game. The game has since work after the removal of the CC. Just thought it might help anyone facing the same issue I did.