Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Also @xPurple_Simmerx if you have more than one piece of cc should test whether its the eyelashes. I just copied some instructions below in case you need them. In this case you would just take the eyelashes out though.

normally when you play with CC or Mods and are having a problem in your game not only do you have to remove your CC/Mods but you also have to delete the localthumbcache.package file and then repair you game in Origin. After that your (still without you Mods folder) can test your game to see if the problem is fixed or not. If it is fixed, then the problem was CC/Mods related and you would have to sort through all you CC and Mods to find the culprit and then go to where you got your Mod/CC from and get the newest version. If it is not fixed , then the problem is something else.
  • Options
    Hoppel785Hoppel785 Posts: 122 Member
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Looks like I will be updating the mods I download.
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited November 2019
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Is there a guide on how to apply a "batch-fix" ?? In the past, I never had CC that was affected, and never needed to apply it. Thanks so much:)

It's super easy! At the top of the main screen for S4S there is the option for content management. When you hover over it a drop-down menu appears with the option for batch fixes. Hover over that and you will see options for CAS, Objects, and Misc. Just choose a category and then choose the batch fix you want. You will see a new box appear showing the location of your Mods folder and the location where a backup folder will be created (you can access and re-install the original version of the CC that was changed from here), and the option to run the batch fix. When the batch fix has finished you will see another new box that shows how many files were changed.

Edit: If you decided to run any of the batch fixes for CAS, please remove any default replacement files and Kijiko's eyelashes that you may have installed as they will get borked. You can just cut and paste them to your desktop and then put them back in your Mods folder when you are done.
  • Options
    LyllianLyllian Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Koteyka said:
    > Does anyone know if Legacy players should update their mods? I'm so confused. I updated them and started getting error messages from the game. When I had the older versions, everything seemed to work fine.
    >
    > Edit: also, as far as I know, Legacy players didn't get the patch. No new outfits for kids and toddlers, no column toggle, no set ownership for computers. CC bathtubs are also not disappearing.
    > Please could someone explain because I'm super confused. Currently I'm playing without the updates but I'm worried that might break my game. :(

No you don't have to update your mods. TS4 Legacy edition is for players who own a 32bit pc. You will not receive updates or new packs anymore because 32bit pc's are no longer supported.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks, all! @xPurple_Simmerx Did you have any other mods installed with the new bikes mod?

Updated Tools
    Updated Mods
    Updated Mods: Kiara's Sims edition
    Updated Mods: Bienchen edition
    Linked from here:
    • Bracelets and Teeth Change for Child and Teen
    • Granny's Super Soup
    • Pimples Mod
    • No Skating Effects
    • Unstrange Strangerville
    • Fridge - More Snacks
    • Autonomous Share Big New
    • Autonomous Slippy Slide Tweak
    • Barfly Karaoke
    • Less Autonomous Computer
    • No Autonomous Homework and Journal
    • No Autonomous Jogging
    • No Autonomous Mould Clay
    • No Autonomous Pee in Bush
    • No Autonomous Phone
    • No Autonomous Swipe
    • No Autonomous Talk About Local Fishing Spots
    • Away Actions
    • Congratulate More
    • Deep Conversation
    • Less Bar Nights
    • No Extra Money on Promotion, versions 1 and 2
    • Normal Hug is No Crass Act
    • Simple Flirt is No Crass Act
    • Townie Overhaul - Less Fame
    • Whim Overhaul

Updated Mods: LIttleMsSam edition
    Updated Careers
    Retail Career — Rabbit Hole Career for TS4 (CharmingBirch)

Mods Reported Fine
    • by PeterSkywalker: Ask for treats and satisfy trick or treat holiday tradition, Improved Weather Variety for Worlds, Hide lot trait head FX

CC Reported Fine
    • by Kijiko: Eyelashes. If you're using these, please make sure you have the most recent version and test them alone, with no other CC or mods installed in your Mods folder. If you're still having issues, please let the creator know the details of those.

Updated CC
    Affirmation Bottle Clutter & Shelf (brazenlotus)

New and Relevant
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited November 2019
    Another new and relevant mod, by LittleMsSam: Faster Run To University Class:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412396783/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

It's in the 'Random Small Mods' section, about halfway down.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
  • Options
    RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    oopsdaies wrote: »
    Hello. I have been having a bothersome glitch in my game, immediately after the update because everything had been alright before, and I believe it most likely has to do with a broken mod.

I wish I could get a good screenshot of it happening but its incredibly difficult to because it only occurs when I open a household in game or when I'm scrolling in CAS, so I will attempt to describe it instead until I can figure out a way to get a visual.

The screen flickers from white or the main color and distorts objects for a brief second and then as soon as any movement is made it occurs again.

I've tried everything I can to fix it. I've updated any mod that needed updating, and even after that removing the folder of those core mods, and because I first spotted it in CAS I removed any CAS mods that might've been conflicting and causing this problem but to no avail.

I wanted to know if anyone had been having a similar problem and may know the mod possibly root of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play my game! :(

I think I have the same thing happening in my game - it looks like static going across the bottom of the screen? I took out my entire mods folder and the issue persisted. I also adjusted my graphics to the lowest settings and put laptop mode back on and that didn't fix it either. Do you play on a mac?
  • Options
    Nimbusv317Nimbusv317 Posts: 2 New Member
    Regarding the issue with CC showers,tubs etc, I have updated to the latest version of S4S. Is it safe to put that CC back into my mods folder, or do I have to open them with S4S to "update" them?
    (Sorry if that was a dump question. I generally only use S4S to merge CC, so I don't know much else about how it works.)
  • Options
    professorvannostrandprofessorvannostrand Posts: 2 New Member
    So, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I haven't seen others report of this issue yet. Whenever my sim is away, and another sim is at home, there isn't the option to take care of themselves or build skill or switch to sim etc. There is nothing to click on & their needs just end up decaying like crazy.
    Similarly, when my kid is at daycare, their needs kept going down or if they were at a community lot, I couldn't send to daycare. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't figure out what mod is causing it, if any or if it's something else. I've tried removing a bunch of mods to see if that helped but nothing. This never happened to me before the update/DU
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @luthienrising and @Bananas_45 is requesting other modders to make new versions of retired traits/trait creators illegal?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @luthienrising and @Bananas_45 is requesting other modders to make new versions of retired traits/trait creators illegal?

Technically no. All Sims mods are considered freeware/public. They can all be freely modified and distributed by whomever wants to.

Although, if you do that without permission, you may not be very popular... to say the least.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    gettps wrote: »

Technically no. All Sims mods are considered freeware/public. They can all be freely modified and distributed by whomever wants to.

Although, if you do that without permission, you may not be very popular... to say the least.

@gettps so what do you do if the creator is no longer around to ask permisson from? At long as the new versions of the trait have "credit" to the outdated trait nothing is wrong is it?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Sims 4 Studio is updated for Discover University (Mac and Windows versions). This version also has a batch fix for CC showers that won't place. This will also allow shower woohoo in CC showers that don't have custom tuning that isn't updated to allow shower woohoo. Download the newest version HERE

The Sims Teleporter is updated. Download HERE.

The wrench hiders are updated. Download the one you want HERE.

I downloaded the new version and my cc is still broken. This is my first time using it? What am I meant to do? This there something else I am meant to install?
  • Options

@gettps so what do you do if the creator is no longer around to ask permisson from? At long as the new versions of the trait have "credit" to the outdated trait nothing is wrong is it?

From EA's EULA
    Your Contributions. In exchange for use of the Software, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Software give rise to any copyright interest, you hereby grant EA an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions. You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to EA’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law. The license grant to EA, and the above waiver of any applicable moral rights, survives any termination of this License.
    So, I guess you need to ask permission to EA.
  • Options
    So, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I haven't seen others report of this issue yet. Whenever my sim is away, and another sim is at home, there isn't the option to take care of themselves or build skill or switch to sim etc. There is nothing to click on & their needs just end up decaying like crazy.
    Similarly, when my kid is at daycare, their needs kept going down or if they were at a community lot, I couldn't send to daycare. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't figure out what mod is causing it, if any or if it's something else. I've tried removing a bunch of mods to see if that helped but nothing. This never happened to me before the update/DU

probably a mod that touches the sim.info tuning. Do you have mods that add away actions? They are probably updated already.
  • Options
    shoopdowoopshoopdowoop Posts: 4 New Member
    I’m wondering if anyone has had the same issue as me or could help me out. So after updating, my game would crash immediately when launching. I ran TS4 Package Conflict Detector and deleted anything with errors. Then I used the slot195 cheat in S4S and deleted everything on the list, then fixed my showers. After that my game opened and ran great! I played for a couple hours, then saved and closed the game. I got home from work and tried to open the game, and once again I’m getting the “unable to launch due to missing or damaged data” pop up. I don’t get it? Nothing changed in between closing the game and launching it again. Is there anything else I should be trying?
  • Options
    Thanks, all! @Nimbusv317 you need to run a batch fix of the CC in S4S. There are instructions on one of the recent pages of this thread. @professorvannostrand Head on over to the AHQ bugs area: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs @shoopdowoop have you gone through all the reports/updates on p. 1?

New and Relevant
    Updated Tools
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »

From EA's EULA
    Your Contributions. In exchange for use of the Software, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Software give rise to any copyright interest, you hereby grant EA an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions. You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to EA’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law. The license grant to EA, and the above waiver of any applicable moral rights, survives any termination of this License.
    So, I guess you need to ask permission to EA.

why do I need to ask permission from EA who didn't create 3rd party traits?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    New and Relevant
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @MadameLee EA own all copyright in items creating using their games. That said, there are unofficial "rules" or customs that Sims modders follow. I would suggest approaching a trait creator and asking if they might be able to update the mod you want updated. They'll let you know.
  • Options
    shoopdowoopshoopdowoop Posts: 4 New Member
    @luthienrising yes, all of my script mods currently in my folder have been updated. I also made sure that nothing listed as broken is in my folder. I removed the custom careers since they had not been updated, still no difference.
  • Options
    @luthienrising problem is most trait creators have retired.. and the trait creators can only update their own traits not others' I guess I could try to ask Misery trait's creators since he has updated other traits
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, I am completely mystified! I've removed or upgraded any mod that's been noted as having an issue, aside from beds, which all seem to be functioning fine. I did the S4S shower batch fix, no issues with showers at all. Also did the slot195 thing and removed all of the items with too many slots. Tried to load a lot... crash to desktop. Went to an empty apartment in a different save to place an apartment I built earlier (which uses CC) - got 'script call failed'. Okay, clearly there was some problem there. Opened up a household that I got straight off the Gallery with no CC, did tests. Beds, fine. Showers, fine. Shower-tubs, fine. Tested a few mods, all fine.

Noticed, then, that all of the sinks had disappeared.

My sinks are broken! Even the Maxis ones! Every time I tried to place one in BB mode, it instantly vanished and I got another 'script call failed'! Both standalone and in-counter ones, both Maxis and CC, I just don't have working sinks.

I haven't seen this mentioned as a problem at all. Any ideas?!

Edit: Looking at my LE files, I can see TwistedMexi's mods buried in a wall of incomprehensible-to-me text that not even LastException Assistant can read. I've only seen Clean UI and TOOL mentioned as having issues, neither of which I have. I have No Weather in Build/Buy, Better Exceptions, and the mods to always have Testing Cheats, MOO, and CAS Full Edit on. Has anyone had any issue with those?

Edit 2: Took out those five files and tried again, same issue. Yup, deleted the local caches as well. Back to square one!

Edit 3: Well, at least one culprit has been discovered! Since it was only affecting sinks, I took out the only mod I have that works on them (Scumbumbo's Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop), and it's resolved issues. Can place sinks again, and could load that apartment. Still getting CTD with my main's lot, but that's probably something else.
    Post edited by ryttu3k on