Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• Options
    xPurple_SimmerxxPurple_Simmerx Posts: 16 New Member
    @luthienrising I just took out my entire mods folder and put in a new one with just the realistic reactions mod, and I had the same problem of not being able to click on my active sim. If it helps I only have module 3, but the mod page states you can have them separately, so I don't think that's the problem.
  • Options
    Vicki1410Vicki1410 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have noticed that nearly all the cc showers on the sims resource are not working at all when trying to place on a lot
  • Options
    dfuentesajadfuentesaja Posts: 2 New Member
    > @GeorginaSmith27 said:
    > Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me... After the update my game crashes when trying to load a household, I've been through my mods and cc and have updated the mods that I could and removed the others, and removed all cc beds and showers... doing this has allowed me to access the majority of my households without crashing, however my game still crashes when trying to open one household (I have around 8 households in one save file).. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and has solved it or know of any other cc that might be causing this?????????????????

I have this exact problem and I still haven't figure out how to solve it. Were you able to solve it?
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Thanks so much for this thread! Hope everyone is enjoying University!

Any update on Kijiko's Eyelashes? Anyone have them working fine or not working in their game? That's the only piece of CC I haven't put back in yet!

They work fine in my game. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    TraquineTraquine Posts: 1 New Member
    > @dfuentesaja said:
    > > @GeorginaSmith27 said:
    > > Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me... After the update my game crashes when trying to load a household, I've been through my mods and cc and have updated the mods that I could and removed the others, and removed all cc beds and showers... doing this has allowed me to access the majority of my households without crashing, however my game still crashes when trying to open one household (I have around 8 households in one save file).. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and has solved it or know of any other cc that might be causing this?????????????????
    >
    > I have this exact problem and I still haven't figure out how to solve it. Were you able to solve it?
    >
    >

I have the same exact problem as yours too!!!! The game only started crashing after I placed my sims in Britechester and applied for Uni. Prior I was just aging up sims for the Uni gameplay and the game was working fine, no crashes. I've removed all my mods, tray and save files just to test the game alone but it still crashes whenever I try to load into a household. Repairing the game and re-installing it didn't help... Does anyone have a solution/an idea?
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    S4S for Discover University is now available (as of 20 min ago!) :smiley: No fix for slots but some kind of cheat that notifies you of cc items with too many slots as it stands. They're still hoping EA cleans up their act and removes that slot limit.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    I'm not certain if this was posted earlier or not. Sims 4 Studio has been updated for DU. http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks @MizoreYukii and @YankeesForever and @imJustMexoxo and @Abradley745 !

@s_stutler Sounds like you need to get Maxis support: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

@xPurple_Simmerx This is the updated Reactions mod, right? And with University installed?

@Vicki1410 Yes, CC showers broke generally.
    Roomouse wrote: »
    I'm not certain if this was posted earlier or not. Sims 4 Studio has been updated for DU. http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open
    I was just coming here for that one! Just got a notification :)

Updated Tools
    Updated Mods
    • events by Kiara's Sims: Anniversary (not Couple's Anniversary), Art Exhibition, Bridal Shower, Campaign Rally, Engagement Event, Date Eventm Family Reunion, Happy Hour, Memorial, Movie Night, Pizza Party, Pool Party, Red Carpet Event, Summer Blow Out

Broken Mods
    • BrazenLotus table setting basic mod
    • Teleport Any Sim
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    Here is the Apple link for Sims4Studio: http://sims4studio.com/thread/6065/sims-studio-candy-apple-open
  • Options
    LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    My game finally running right without glitches or last exception I removed all cc furniture I had and only put furniture and trays files that were updated September,October and November

❌Littlemssam you have to delete all the 2018 and (january 19 & February 19)❌mods it will break your game👉🏽(that goes for hair,clothes, shoes,makeup,etc) 👈🏽

I also took out all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 animations and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I still have mccc and basemental drugs 😏

I removed all asiashamecca careers ❌ it will also break you game all other mods are working fine its really the furniture and trays files and old cc from earlier this year that are causing crashes 💀

@Raynariemoore I am a bit confused why you named me in your post?

~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Updated Mods
    Roomouse wrote: »

Thanks!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SeraphLinaSeraphLina Posts: 1 New Member
    So, I'm in pretty bad shape. I deleted all the mods you posted, thank you very much for that by the way, and still can't get my saves to load. I've got tons upon tons of CC downloaded, but only one script mod which I am certain isn't the culprit as I tried loading the saves without it and it still wouldn't work. Do you have any recommendations for finding the mods responsible? I don't want to delete all my CC or start deleting things at random as I've grown very fond of playing with it.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I've got a question. Do I as a Legacy player have to update my mods for this patch at all? Because Legacy edition didn't get the patch (no outfits, no column sliders, no assigning computers and beds so far I checked) and when I tested the game all of the mods seemed to work fine.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @luthienrising I just took out my entire mods folder and put in a new one with just the realistic reactions mod, and I had the same problem of not being able to click on my active sim. If it helps I only have module 3, but the mod page states you can have them separately, so I don't think that's the problem.
    Sounds like a pie menu category issue.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    I

I have the same issue took out realistic reactions mod and can use mc on my active sim with it in can't it causes a ui error with the mod in
  • Options
    Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    does anybody know if Luumia's height slider mod is safe to use?
  • Options
    CDYCDY Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience but I was hoping to find someone who may be able to help.
    I've updated the mods I see here and removed the ones that aren't updated (removed mods folder before updating game/installing DU) and suddenly my job performance is completely whitened out, I can't see any information including classes, daily tasks, etc, nor can i see things like the fame/reputation bar. I assumed it may have been from the UI cheats as that's caused me trouble before after an update, but alas it's not that (I've taken it out to double-check).

If anyone has any help regarding what could be causing this issue, I would be entirely grateful (especially since it would stop me from having to do a 50/50).
    Thank you in advance :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    you should take all ui mods out uf folder or disable script mods at the main menu you should a last ui exception in sims 4 folder if is a ui mod
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited November 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »
    xml injectors V2 works, the updated version by Triplis you can get in the comments.

Do you have any idea what other mod it might conflict with? Because in my game both the mailbox test and two mods that depend on xml injector still do not work. I'm using the version from page 4 of the comments section and also, yes, script mods are ticked "allowed".

Even more crazy, I was able to use the teleport any sim statue just fine after the patch, despite it being listed as broken.

(In case it makes any difference, I'm missing Seasons, University, Moschino, Vintage, Dine out, Jungle and Realm of Magic, have all the other packs.)
  • Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member

I once had this happened a while ago and went crazy trying to figure it out. Turned out I needed a fresh/new copy of the Resource.cfg file. Once I changed that all was well with my game. Maybe it will help you also, can't hurt to try.
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    xml injectors V2 works, the updated version by Triplis you can get in the comments.

Do you have any idea what other mod it might conflict with? Because in my game both the mailbox test and two mods that depend on xml injector still do not work. I'm using the version from page 4 of the comments section and also, yes, script mods are ticked "allowed".

Even more crazy, I was able to use the teleport any sim statue just fine after the patch, despite it being listed as broken.

(In case it makes any difference, I'm missing Seasons, University, Moschino, Vintage, Dine out, Jungle and Realm of Magic, have all the other packs.)

Did you try the injector alone with the test interactions?
  • Options
    CDY wrote: »
    Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience but I was hoping to find someone who may be able to help.
    I've updated the mods I see here and removed the ones that aren't updated (removed mods folder before updating game/installing DU) and suddenly my job performance is completely whitened out, I can't see any information including classes, daily tasks, etc, nor can i see things like the fame/reputation bar. I assumed it may have been from the UI cheats as that's caused me trouble before after an update, but alas it's not that (I've taken it out to double-check).

If anyone has any help regarding what could be causing this issue, I would be entirely grateful (especially since it would stop me from having to do a 50/50).
    Thank you in advance :smile:

Custom careers hidden somewhere in the folder?
  • Options
    kforti wrote: »

I once had this happened a while ago and went crazy trying to figure it out. Turned out I needed a fresh/new copy of the Resource.cfg file. Once I changed that all was well with my game. Maybe it will help you also, can't hurt to try.

Took out the cfg file nad 🐸🐸🐸🐸 new copy in and put realistic reactions back in same problem can't click on active sim thanks though.
  • Options
    Hoppel785Hoppel785 Posts: 122 Member
    The mod "Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul" causes one last exception. https://www.srslysims.net/2019/03/srslys-complete-cooking-overhaul.html