Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

With Britechester TS4 now has 217 lots across all worlds

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    217 lots are enough for me, and I make use of nearly every lot
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm curious what other players place in the enormous lots?

I'll usually do a multi-function community lot. I rarely use houses that are that big. Even my biggest, five bedroomed house at the moment is on a 30 x 40.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm still running out of space. I need more lots!
    Still not enough. I want more worlds. I want to be able to download custom worlds. That's the feature I'm waiting on.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member

For large commercial lots, I have a high school, high school bleachers with a track (separate from the high school), boarding school, shopping centers with multiple shops, stuff like that. For residential, a farm or homes with land, condos with multiple structures, and castles.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Not enough lots, and not enough big lots. I also would like smaller lots sizes and bigger lot sizes - just a bigger variety in size generally. And MOAR lots.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I have enough lots for gameplay. I'd just like more kinds of worlds for even more variety.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i'd like more places to exist in pre-existing worlds.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited November 2019
    I like making and downloading lots for commercial use. Though I have a few extra lots right now, they are mostly what I would consider in residential areas. I would have loved having more lots in Del Sol Valley, Glimmerbrook, and Magnolia Promenade, and a another big lot in Strangerville so I could put a large military station there, which I think they should have included. There are never too many lots for me!
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think my main issue with worlds/lots are as follows;

* You have to choose if you want residential lots or community lots.
    * I really don't like how open the world's are. It causes too much cross over which to me make everything seem smaller cause you see the same 10 Sims everywhere.
    * Some worlds are way way to small. Magnolia Promenade/Forgotten Hollow. That being said they are definitely beautiful in their own rights and good for smaller game play times.
    * For the most part you are free to bulldoze and change lot types up. So there is a lot of flexibility and customization but you are just capped off by a limit.
    * The focus on style over substance is the main drawback I feel. Take DU for instance all that window dressing to create the hub town of Gibbs Hill and you get what... 4 lots? If those fake buildings weren't there would those be able to be used as lots?

As it stands now in my game I have just maxed out Willow Creek. I think I have 14 Playable Families and the rest are Community Lots. I had originally planned that Willow Creek was gonna be purely residential but I decided that I wanted my own Community Lots too. I like creating everything even if it's not perfect. So I revamped my park, I added a community pool and added a wedding lot. Lastly I made a cemetery lot as my playables are aging. It's not a perfect system but 217 lots is not a bad number you just gotta say how many of those you need for playables
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Its not so much about the space or the number of lots for me, but more like themes. Especially now that we dont have a world editor. We really need a countryside world. A snowy Aspen, Colorado kind of world. I'd love a Venice type of world with canals and gondolas. Or something with an italian/Mediterranean flair. Maybe one that's a little medieval. An asian inspired one. Another maybe middle Eastern inspired. And an African inspired. I dunno I'm just craving for something different to look at other than modern urban/suburban backdrops. This series of the game has been particularly unkind to historical and themed players.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I think no matter how many lots we are given we will always want more, from a personal standpoint, I'd like them so every world could have it's own park, pool, coffee shop, bowling alley, pub, nightclub, restaurant, shopping precinct, library, gym and spa. As it stands there has been some creative combinations in my game to cram most of it in, so the local cafe is actually in the park as is a pool. It is do-able but I love building (No good at it but love it!) so the more lots the better as far as I'm concerned but 217 is a good number realistically, unless you're doing 100 baby challenge and want to play all the kids in which case, three more new crests please!
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    There are too many lots! Many lots are left unused in my game
    There are still lots of lots left to fill for me.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

Hi, I'm just answering this question. In the biggest empty lot in Newcrest, I have a castle where the newest Von Haunts live.

Most larger lots are houses unless they are pre-existing with a special theme. I have maybe 10 restaurants in different worlds? They all have different themes, menus and features. Some are fancier, some are more like diners and casual restaurants. I have several spas. I have some other community spaces, parks and a cemetery. I re-did one of the gyms based on Fitness Stuff and created Oasis Lifestyle Fitness. That gym is huge.

I have an indoor ice rink that I downloaded that features two ice rinks and a party area. I also have a large indoor "funplex" that is a movie theatre and bowling alley with a bar, arcade and popcorn area. I might be leaving stuff out.

Do I need all those restaurants? It would be boring if they were all the same. Different sims go to different places. There is one that I'm considering tearing down but generally no.

I have not yet built on the beaches in Sulani because I've been trying to figure out if I would have a mock resort for outsiders or even if I'll let people casually visit there. Currently, I'm playing it as a less accessible place where non-natives basically need to relocate and need permission to buy any land. I might change that but it would be part of the island changing. Then it's about the locals trying to keep their culture in a changing world.

At this point, it's more that I would just like a few more lots here and there that allow for flexibility. For example, I'd have liked a few more lots in both residential neighborhoods in Del Sol Valley so that I could play sims who really live there - more celebrities and more of an average neighborhood. I'd also add a celebrity exclusive restaurant and possibly spa. I do use the smaller lots as well but I like most houses to be on 30 by 20 or 40 by 30 lots. I like having a few blanks so that some can be community lots.

If I add other saves, I won't play with such a big rotation (at least at first) but I would still want variety among the lots in different worlds. I also like travel, so I like having various different worlds to explore.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have a save that’s on generation 12, and I just now finally added a few residential lots to Newcrest (the rest are still empty). I could maybe see needing more in my rotation save eventually, but since I’m playing so many households it’s taking forever just to move past generation 2. I’m not worried about space so far in that save either.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    They need to make worlds without unplayable buildings.
    We need a bigger world version like Forgotten Hollow & Glimmerbook.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    It’s hard for me to say. I’m rebuilding everything and I’m prone to scrapping everything and starting over so in some ways there’s too many lots. In other ways, if I had more lots in a given world, I’d be less worried about wasting them.

I play a wide rotation. I want to have a good mix of residential and community lots in my worlds. I don’t typically play many rich households, so community pools, parks, gyms and so on make sense. I also don’t typically bury sims in the backyard so I need regional graveyards. But I also need enough room for the next generation to move out and around without waiting for the current one to die off.

I wish we just had a little more control over this kinda stuff.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for this cool overview :)

I don't have all packs, but most, and I play all my households. The reason I need more lots is not for housing, but for community purposes. This game is very restrictive when it comes to community lot categories, it's a bother that each lot can only have one purpose. I want more stores and cafes and restaurants etc, but I can't even have 1 café in each world because of those category limitations. When a new pack introduces a new community lot category it's impossible to add that new feature to any of my other worlds. Feels very limiting say that only Windenburg shall have cafes, and San Myshuno not having one single retail store or restaurant... not very realistic...

Instead of getting many new lots, key features could be working with more categorizes, or they could find a way to set community category to each room instead of the full lot. That way we could have combined features on each lot, and I would be happy with the lot number we've got :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg