Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

With Britechester TS4 now has 217 lots across all worlds

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'm still running out of space. I need more lots!
    217 lots do not mean much if your game is set in a desert region or in an all urban area. They'd be more than enough if we could easily customize the backdrops. The real problem is not space, it is the worlds' inflexibility.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Need more space! :|
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited November 2019
    We need more worlds like Windenburg and another alien planet with 12 to 15 lots.
    Post edited by SERVERFRA on
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Wow, these results kind of shocked me if I'm honest, what are ya'll doing that need so much space? I feel like my brain would fry if I played with every single lot available :D. As for me and the way I play, I rarely play with generations so my saves population doesn't grow all too much, I usually always have plenty of space to expand, I only ever encounter problems with lot space when I want to expand sims in a given world but most lots are already taken in said world. But that's Sims 4.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    ...and yet, they're still not enough.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There are too many lots! Many lots are left unused in my game
    I have so many empty lots that I have no use for. I'm not a builder. I really dislike the huge lots as I can't find any good community that size.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    217 lots do not mean much if your game is set in a desert region or in an all urban area. They'd be more than enough if we could easily customize the backdrops. The real problem is not space, it is the worlds' inflexibility.

Yes, this. I would be okay with 200+ lots if they were all viable for me to use. My main sim family lives in San Myshuno, I don't want to drag them to Strangerville and Forgotten Hollow to go to dinner. It's immersion-breaking.

I would love a Create a World tool, but if they can't do that, they really ought to give us an in-game editor for adding/removing lots and world decor. TS2 and TS3 had so much more flexibility in altering the worlds. TS4 is a let-down in comparison in that regard.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

Yes, this. I would be okay with 200+ lots if they were all viable for me to use. My main sim family lives in San Myshuno, I don't want to drag them to Strangerville and Forgotten Hollow to go to dinner. It's immersion-breaking.

I would love a Create a World tool, but if they can't do that, they really ought to give us an in-game editor for adding/removing lots and world decor. TS2 and TS3 had so much more flexibility in altering the worlds. TS4 is a let-down in comparison in that regard.

So much this ^^^

I can understand the need to limit the number of lots and overall size of each world, but if that’s the case, the least they could have done is make that limited space more flexible! I’m sick of perfectly good space being used up by playground equipment I have zero use for, weird random little parks/squares and shells.

Enough with the stupid shell buildings! There’s nothing more disappointing than opening a new map for the first time and seeing that more than half of it has already been permanently decided for you.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    217 lots are enough for me, and I make use of nearly every lot
    filipomel wrote: »
    Wow, these results kind of shocked me if I'm honest, what are ya'll doing that need so much space?

I wondered that myself a050.gif

I love the shell buildings. The towns look more like real towns <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    For me it’s not the total number of lots that matter, but the lots per world, and how certain worlds are severely lacking in that area. Also, many of the lots accounting for these totals are clearly meant to be community lots and aren’t really flexible enough or viable for residential gameplay (usually because they’re too large or because the surrounding area doesn’t fit).

Yes, this - it's not the number of them so much as it is the inflexibility of so many of them. I'd like more lots in Strangerville and the lower income section of Del Sol Valley; fewer lots that basically HAVE to be commercial or HAVE to be residential or they look out of place. That kind of thing.
  • Options
    grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    edited November 2019
    Why is it the best looking worlds have so few lots? From what I've seen, this new uni world looks gorgeous - a sister city to Windenburg. But I'm a bit tired of Windenburg. My main save is virtually complete with custom builds and custom sims. I would have liked to have a few more empty residential and community lots in Brichester.

EDIT: I wish they would redo Bridgeport for S4 - my absolute favorite in S3.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    For me it’s not the total number of lots that matter, but the lots per world, and how certain worlds are severely lacking in that area. Also, many of the lots accounting for these totals are clearly meant to be community lots and aren’t really flexible enough or viable for residential gameplay (usually because they’re too large or because the surrounding area doesn’t fit).

This is pretty spot-on for me too. Just tallying up every lot may sound impressive on paper, but lots per world -- and lots open to building without destroying all the functional community lots that give a world its 'flavor' -- are what matter. (Granted there are some things you can nuke without ruining the feel of a world -- do we really need this many generic bars? No, I don't really think so. But Windenburg without the Bluffs or the hedge maze or whatnot wouldn't be quite the same, IMO.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The biggest problem is that the dark & spooky worlds Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrock are way too small. I need something like Midnight Hollow in TS3.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I like to add new Sims to my worlds with each pack, plus the new Sims that are born, grow up, and move out that are in my game already, so I continuously need lots. I have to go around and change things once in a while. Plus, I like to have varieties of pubs and other community lots, and the setting of certain towns and regions inspires me to put specific lot types there. I love to colonize my games and see my own Sims everywhere and visit the lots that I put in from the gallery. I get ideas for each theme, but sometimes there aren't enough lots to do what I'd like.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I would like more lots in an empty world that you can pick the size. Also I would just be happy if I could make my own duplexes or apartment buildings like we had with the earlier Sims - that way I could fit more families and it would be more realistic.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

217 lots are enough for me, and I make use of nearly every lot

217 lots are enough for me as, excluding the vacation worlds, I have several empty lots in most worlds. I have no sims living in CL apartments and only a few occupied lots in Windenberg.
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    We need more EMPTY lots. I hate the fact that we don't have the option to add empty lots to existing worlds- somethinge we were able to do in the past...
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    There are enough lots for me in theory, but as it has been pointed out by previous posters, it's not the overall number of lot that counts but where the lots are. I too have been forced to evict premade households so that my sims have somewhere to live, because some worlds have way too few empty lots.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have to give it to Sims 3 on this one. The worlds were by far better in in 3. The variety of lots and the ability to place or move lots. Even in TS2 we could do that. The fact that we can't edit worlds in that way in 4 is one of my biggest cons against that version.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I run out of lots because I have a rotation and I turn some blank lots into community spaces. The lots are also influenced by where they are and the neighborhoods around them. Sometimes I might want to have livelier neighborhoods or I want a sim to have the experience of being in a particular lot.

If you just play one household in one house then you probably don't need that many lots. I prefer 30 by 20 and 40 by 30 sized lots for nicer houses and community spaces. It's a little tricky to use the smaller lots though I've made it work.

I definitely like the larger worlds with more lots but medium sized worlds are also fine. Smaller worlds for anything other than vacationing are a little trickier especially if I don't want the sims to travel a lot.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    I can never get enough of worlds and lots. CREATE A WORLD PLEASE!!
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    The Sims 3 had 1845 lots in total. The Sims 4 is just sad.

Ah, but you couldn't use all of them in one save though. They were across different worlds but you had to pick one per save. That's part of the difference <3

Yeah, but I can add lots and add different sized lots in TS3. In TS4 you cannot add a lot if you need one a certain size.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    There are too many lots! Many lots are left unused in my game
    I'm curious what other players place in the enormous lots?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It depends on the save file. I have some that use all the lots and others where I stick to only 1 of the worlds.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member

What he said.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com