Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you play with?

What life span do you play with and do you use MCC to change the length of days each generation lives for in your game.

If you don’t use MCC :
-Short
-Normal
-Long

if you use MCC
how many days per generation (eg. Child 7, teen 14 etc)

Are you planning on changing it when discovering university comes out? I’m wondering whether I should make my lifespan longer bc of university.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,439 Member
    Normal. I wish I could make the YA phase longer though.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I normally play on normal lifespan. I do use MCC, but hardly changed it. I did expand the the kid and teen stage from 13 to 14 days. I also expanded the elder to 14 days.
  • Options
    RoseGutsRoseGuts Posts: 5 New Member
    Long! I think I jump around from household to household too much to play on short or normal. Then there are times where I make families but focus on one and when I return to the others, they are already old. I could set it to only age the active family but somehow that doesn't work well for my gameplay either.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    edited November 2019
    Normal when playing a sim that I control on sims 4 PS4 edition, but when controlling the whole town I set it to long or turn it off.
    When playing on PC I set it to custom settings thanks to mods; thus they live as long as humans, human average life span is 80 years, each sim day is a year. lol

If your gonna have your sim at a university; I'd recommend turn off aging or set it to long until the sim is done.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    kora2daykora2day Posts: 20 Member
    I set it to long but almost always end up turning it off and coming up with a set of rules to age my children (much like the 100 baby challenge rules) because I get too attached to the families I make and take so much time making their dynamics exactly what I want.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019
    shanls96 wrote: »
    What life span do you play with and do you use MCC to change the length of days each generation lives for in your game.

If you don’t use MCC :
    -Short
    -Normal
    -Long

if you use MCC
    how many days per generation (eg. Child 7, teen 14 etc)

Are you planning on changing it when discovering university comes out? I’m wondering whether I should make my lifespan longer bc of university.

BG: Long. Seasons 7 days.

MC: Standard aging. Game speed time: 250.

With that your days are a lot longer, but skills build up much faster even though they look slower at first glance (with exception to one or two like charisma in the mirror, it is sort of broken as it doesn't continuely reward progress, but it does it in bursts based on when the animation is replaying).

You have a lot more days for your sims as well, for example toddlers and children equal or double the days found under normal in base game, while young adults and adults are almost double the age values of a child, so instead of around 50 days, you get almost 100 days. I'd say that is more than enough without needing to immortalize sims because of how quick and cramped typical default is.

Coming back to skills, if you compare default without MC, at 7 days as a child, you'd be lucky to make it across all the skills and have just a minor headstart on skills you'd find in teenagers onwards, with these settings? you'd not only have the time to get through all those skills but you'd probably be able to max out those adult skills a great deal if not all the way before aging up.

while time is slowed, so is the time compression when away from the house because all family members are busy with school/work, or they are home but all sleeping, it will take a lot longer to get from sleeping to waking up (but that also depends on the quality of the bed as to how much it gives your sims,) otherwise you could be waiting a few minutes to go from 10pm to 6am, but that is well worth the trade off.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play on the Long setting. I like to keep my sims around for as long as possible without turning aging off completely.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Prior to downloading MCCC, I played on normal. Short was way too short and long felt way too long.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,397 Member
    edited November 2019
    It varies a lot.
    Nowadays I usually keep the aging off at the beginning if I start a new save. I let my Sim advance in her/his career or whatever he's doing to try to earn money. If I want my Sim to have a family I will find him a spouse and when they will have their first child I turn the aging on, either on long or normal. I prefer to use normal life span until the toddler ages up to a child and then change it to long. I may change the life span later again if I feel like it.
    I've never used short life span.

I don't use MCCC or any other mods.

When I will play University I turn the aging off.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    Long life, with two week seasons. (allows a feeling of "years" passing while also allowing for some extra custom holidays.) I have MCCC, but I haven't used it to adjust ageing yet.

Long does sometimes feel too long, but I generally don't feel any shame in aging people up early. Lord knows I don't think I've let anyone in an active household stay on Baby more than I think 4-5 days. They usually don't make it past 2 before I age them up to toddler.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I used to play with the long lifespan, and then aged them up when i felt it was time. Sometimes it would take months for me to age up a single sim. Nowadays I’m often too busy or tired to play, and it’s been almost two years since my current heir was born in-game (he only recently became an adult), so i changed the lifespan to normal otherwise I’m never gonna get to the next generation lol

Normal is still too short for my liking though, so I’m using MCCC to make it longer. I still haven’t found a length i like, so I’m mostly just adjusting it atm and looking at google for inspiration. I also turn aging off at times, but mostly when they’re gonna age up before i want them to
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,124 Member
    Normal but altered with MCCC. Babies are 3 days, Children are 7 days and teens 14. Young adults and adults get 30 days and elders 15. I'm really not sure what to do about university yet.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Long. I tried MCCC, but it has too many other features I don't want to mess with right now, so I took it out. Long can be tedious, especially with rotational, but I like my sims to experience & accomplish as much as they can. Plus I tend to get attached to them, and hate to see them grow old & die too soon.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I always played Normal since the day we got The Sims 4.

However when I got Seasons, Seven days per season felt too short and making the season a bit longer means that my Sims can only experience like Winter atleast once in their life. It's unrealistic that I decided to make it longer.
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Long, 14 season, household age active only, autoage off, fame off. weather are all checked.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited November 2019
    I play with aging off for both played and unplayed, seasons each last for 28 days. Usually, I have all weather types and temperature effects enabled. I don't use MCCC (MC Command Center).

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Hi. I'm new to TS4. Is there a difference between Young Adults and Adults?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,711 Member
    I don't think I ever adjusted the game lifespan, but I play with aging off through a full calendar year of 5x14 days, then age everyone 1 year on New Year's Eve. Still wish I had more time in each household (playing rotationally with 50+ households), so occasionally I might play through an extra calendar year without aging them up. I like this flexibility, but I hope I will soon learn not to create any new households, LOL. I even play a household living in Selvadorada - even if it is technically not possible residing there.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Baconisgood123Baconisgood123 Posts: 4 New Member
    normal mainly but long if im attached (usually am)
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    At the moment, Long. I do age up early sometimes though.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,711 Member
    edited November 2019
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm new to TS4. Is there a difference between Young Adults and Adults?

Age wise there is a difference, but except the obvious order of the life stages, I don't think there are many game technical differences.

Young Adults might have a better chance of becoming pregnant than Adults, and Adults might get some skin details like wrinkles added to their face. I can't think of other differences. Adults might have a few more options in everyday communication, but I'm not sure if that is based on higher skills alone, or if lifestage also ticks in.

When we get Discover University pack, I think only Young Adults can go there (I might be wrong though).

welcome on board! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Aging off.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Game set to long, Two week calendar seasons and I also have MCCC time cycle set on 35 to make the days just a little longer as well.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I play with aging Off because when I first started playing The Sims 4 my sim grew old in the blink of an eye (it felt like it anyway). She didn't even get a chance to date! All the eligible bachelors were getting snapped up right in front of her and then in the next blink she was elderly and then.... It was all very tragic (and my fault because I was so slow.). ;)
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Long, the others are too short. Probably could fiddle with MCCC but I'm too lazy.