Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Discover University Deep Dive Livestream

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I need that fixer-bot so so bad!!

Ohh... I love the new world, so going to let my sim live there.

Haahha I just said to my bf that we most definitely need that gardening bot xD
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I can't watch the live stream right now since I'm at work but I'm very excited by what I'm seeing in the comments so far.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yay, you can swim. Student-life for mermaids looks a lot brighter. At least until winter comes, lol.
  • Options
    Swimmable open water!!! Finally lol.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Are the classes and new careers rabbitholes?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Classes are and I'm pretty sure the careers are too
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    A little sad kids can't ride bikes, but was happy my question was answered in the flood of chatterbox!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    A little sad kids can't ride bikes, but was happy my question was answered in the flood of chatterbox!

.....seriously?! THEY Can't?!?!?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I really love the world and draggable stuff. Yay! But I really really need to know whether this pack is rotational players friendly. Like aging, the length of a semestr. I haven't got an answer yet :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I really love the world and draggable stuff. Yay! But I really really need to know whether this pack is rotational players friendly. Like aging, the length of a semestr. I haven't got an answer yet :(

They just said semesters are 5 business days (m-f) Still don't know how holidays impact
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

A term is a week according to the enrollment screen.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

I tried asking on the twitch chat but idk it goes so fast :( Although a few other people were aksing as well so let's hope!
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Classes are and I'm pretty sure the careers are too

Awww...one day my dreams of having an active teaching career in the sims will come true. (I hope) :/ Also can you switch between sims that aren't in university and the ones that are? If not does time freeze for those not in university?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    So they just said ageing works normal. That means I will turn it off while on university. I hope it will work just fine.

And I don't like this fact. You will be on a univesity like three weeks and that is almost a whole young adulthood/adulthood if you play on normal :-/
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Oki... pre-order here I come!! :)
  • Options
    CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    The forbidden items in dorms is a terrible prescriptive and restrictive mess. In the UK, halls of residence tend to be tiny self contained flats with a kitchen/communal room and then (usually) 6 single rooms. To restrict this to an American norm by introducing a new forbidden feature to stop dorms having kitchens is ridiculous. The idea that restricting features is somehow new and innovative and an actual feature of this pack is so stupid. Please reconsider this Gurus. Other countries have different norms - can we not realise our university experiences with your game? I am only going to consider buying this when a mod has come out fixing this terrible feature.
  • Options
    Oki... pre-order here I come!! :)

Yaaay :D Happy pre-ordering!!

Looks like rotational play works pretty normal to me? What I didn't catch is what happens when the term ends, do they just go home? I was a bit distracted for a second, my dog's needs were in the red :D
  • Options
    So they just said ageing works normal. That means I will turn it off while on university. I hope it will work just fine.

Same.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

Same.

So...basically...let's say I have a college student, their elderly parents, and their kid sibling.
    EA is saying that I have to choose between putting my Sim through college...or being there when the elders pass on/the child grows up?
  • Options

Same.

So...basically...let's say I have a college student, their elderly parents, and their kid sibling.
    EA is saying that I have to choose between putting my Sim through college...or being there when the elders pass on/the child grows up?

That's what it sounds like to me.
  • Options
    What's the difference though with you just manually turning ageing off? It may not be ideal but it does exactly the same thing - except that you can actually go back to your main family in 4.
  • Options

Same.

That's what it sounds like to me.

Can you at least play two college Sims at the same time?
  • Options

Same.

Go into settings and choose that no one ages? I mean that is what I do when I do not want sims to age.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    What's the difference though with you just manually turning ageing off? It may not be ideal but it does exactly the same thing - except that you can actually go back to your main family in 4.

The problem is that while the college Sim grows up during their time there, the rest of their family is exactly as College Sim left them.
    Meaning that College Sim could potentially be older than their parents/older siblings/etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »

The problem is that while the college Sim grows up during their time there, the rest of their family is exactly as College Sim left them.
    Meaning that College Sim could potentially be older than their parents/older siblings/etc.

Not if you turn it off for everyone? Which is exactly what happened in 3 as well - your sim doesn't have to continue aging while the rest of the world doesn't?