Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Discover University Deep Dive Livestream

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    What's the difference though with you just manually turning ageing off? It may not be ideal but it does exactly the same thing - except that you can actually go back to your main family in 4.

The problem is that while the college Sim grows up during their time there, the rest of their family is exactly as College Sim left them.
    Meaning that College Sim could potentially be older than their parents/older siblings/etc.

Just turn off ageing for all sims?
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    What's the difference though with you just manually turning ageing off? It may not be ideal but it does exactly the same thing - except that you can actually go back to your main family in 4.

The problem is that while the college Sim grows up during their time there, the rest of their family is exactly as College Sim left them.
    Meaning that College Sim could potentially be older than their parents/older siblings/etc.

Not if you turn it off for everyone? Which is exactly what happened in 3 as well - your sim doesn't have to continue aging while the rest of the world doesn't?

Hm...True. Okay, that sounds better.
    Still not happy about it, though.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I guess I'm a little confused as to what they were supposed to do?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I would be so so irritated if I could not control age myself. Now I can fine-tune things as usual by sorting households into played or unplayed and set ageing on for each group as I wish. Things functioning as usual is how I wanted it to be so now I can pre-order in peace :)

Edit: I was missing an w
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2019
    Lemme just say I love those running shoes. We have too few good sports shoes xD

Also, looking at this pack, I've concluded I still dress like I'm at uni ... years after graduating :no_mouth:
  • Options
    Bugginbabs78Bugginbabs78 Posts: 14 New Member
    can you own pets on campus?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Bugginbabs78 yes but you have to live on a residental lot
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    "there is a new death but we will just let you discover it. -thumbs up-"...why can't you just tell us????
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I would be so so irritated if I could not control age myself. No I can fine-tune things as usual by sorting households into played or unplayed and set ageing on for each group as I wish. Things functioning as usual is how I wanted it to be so now I can pre-order in peace :)

You can easily change aging options in the options menu. That would probably be the only way to control that stuff.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm soo happy I pre-ordered this pack, looks great, also I like that in every pack the create a sim is very versatile , that you added more plain colours aswell 😊, soo glad yous done university different from the others, it must get harder everytime to please us lot 😂, I am definitely pleased as always, also love the world it's a good size and looks nice, looking forward to be able to play, the gameplay is very detailed, love it
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I would be so so irritated if I could not control age myself. No I can fine-tune things as usual by sorting households into played or unplayed and set ageing on for each group as I wish. Things functioning as usual is how I wanted it to be so now I can pre-order in peace :)

You can easily change aging options in the options menu. That would probably be the only way to control that stuff.

Jupp :) I was missing a "w"

Really happy that we can keep control over age as ourselves.
  • Options
    Kids can play pingpong!!!

Wheee :)
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited November 2019
    If the term is only 5 days how long is uni in total? 20 days in total?
    Edit: Sorry they just answered!
  • Options
    I LOVE how Foxbury looks, seriously! I have one sim that simply needs to go to Britechester since she's been writing and practicing her acting since she's been a teen, BUT ... I need a sim at Foxbury. It's so pretty :love:
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I want to see! I’m still at work 😕 I think so can catch it later today on YouTube, yeah?
  • Options
    I want to see! I’m still at work 😕 I think so can catch it later today on YouTube, yeah?

Definitely! They'll post the link on the forums as well (usually they do anyway :))
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    And graduation is a rabbit hole too...idk why I was thinking it wouldn't. BUT DON'T YOU worry you can hold a party to celebrate....seems this a glorified party pack.
  • Options
    And graduation is a rabbit hole too...idk why I was thinking it wouldn't. BUT DON'T YOU worry you can hold a party to celebrate....-rolls eyes-

It was in 3 as well though - and with how multitasking works (and *cough* weddings) I think it'd be more frustrating than fun tbh.
  • Options
    And graduation is a rabbit hole too...idk why I was thinking it wouldn't. BUT DON'T YOU worry you can hold a party to celebrate....-rolls eyes-

It was in 3 as well though - and with how multitasking works (and *cough* weddings) I think it'd be more frustrating than fun tbh.

but this...is a university/education pack?!?!
  • Options

but this...is a university/education pack?!?!

And TS3 Uni wasn't? :joy:

In terms of gameplay, this actually looks like one of the better ones. Active classes in TS3 were boring. And graduations were very buggy rabbit hole events. It's not ideal, I get that, and it would be nice if we got a super well functioning class/dorm but I'm still not sure how that would work in most sims games, and I definitely don't know how it would work in TS4 (again, because of the whole way tasks are queued).
  • Options
    PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    I was all into this stream, until they popped up tattoos. Can someone explain to me whose bright idea it was to put a string of characters on a sims forearm, considering the connotation of such a tattoo? O.o like how did noone say "this might be a bad idea" or "wow we need to make the little arty blob big enough people can see it and NOT mistake this for a string of numbers on someone from WW2's arm!"
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Options
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    It‘s really annoying to watch you guys playing with these poor tired Sims. Why don‘t you just cheat their needs so the show off is better? *SMH*

I get the feeling none of the gurus really play this game.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Did we got any 64x64 lots? I'm too lazy to watch the whole thing.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I was all into this stream, until they popped up tattoos. Can someone explain to me whose bright idea it was to put a string of characters on a sims forearm, considering the connotation of such a tattoo? O.o like how did noone say "this might be a bad idea" or "wow we need to make the little arty blob big enough people can see it and NOT mistake this for a string of numbers on someone from WW2's arm!"

I wouldn't jump to that as the connotation personally. Using phrases as a tattoo seems to be pretty standard nowadays.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!