Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    FishyNamor wrote: »
    I just want to know if there's sororities and fraternities
    They said no. I’m very sad. I guess I can create them with get together clubs, but it’s not the same.
  • Options
    funny2funny07funny2funny07 Posts: 2 New Member
    Cannot wait for this expansion!!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited November 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm confused. They're calling it a 'gameplay' trailer, but they're not showing any gameplay?
    Its a "gameplay" trailer which has NOT ALL IMAGES APPEAR IN-GAME at the end so exactly what are we to believe is actually game play when some of what shown is not even in the game. Even worse some of the content was filler from base game why waste time showing the Sim fall in love and break up oh wait filler unless this pack offers a relationship overhaul or the patch before it we have had this since 2014. They should of named it, Discover University: Official Feature Trailer and some things not in game
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ha! I said something very similar.
    That's a point that did go right by me, there is a lot in there that we already have. :/
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm confused. They're calling it a 'gameplay' trailer, but they're not showing any gameplay?
    Its a "gameplay" trailer which has NOT ALL IMAGES APPEAR IN-GAME at the end so exactly what are we to believe is actually game play when some of what shown is not even in the game. Even worse some of the content was filler from base game why waste time showing the Sim fall in love and break up oh wait filler unless this pack offers a relationship overhaul or the patch before it we have had this since 2014. They should of named it, Discover University: Official Feature Trailer and some things not in game

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Will there be laundry facilities in the dorms? Or on campus?
  • Options
    FishyNamorFishyNamor Posts: 28 Member

since laundry stuff is separate from anything else you have to add it in manually that's what they said
  • Options
    edited November 2019

since laundry stuff is separate from anything else you have to add it in manually that's what they said

Yeah I heard them saying that. But they could have added it to the dorms,as far as I could see there isn't realy that much room to add anything in the dorms. I can see lots of dirty clothes piling up around the dorms,unless the cleaners pick them up or wash them.

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Yeah I heard them saying that. But they could have added it to the dorms,as far as I could see there isn't realy that much room to add anything in the dorms. I can see lots of dirty clothes piling up around the dorms,unless the cleaners pick them up or wash them.

Why would they do that if people don't have the laundry pack?
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

They can only add base game items and items that are specific to the new expansion, because potentially that's all a player might have. Realistically that's highly unlikely, but it's a limitation when it comes to decorating builds that ship with new packs and one reason they all seem to look so cruddy.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think the reason for not adding washing machines and dryers to dorms, Is because theirs alot of people that spent £8.99 on the laundry day stuff pack, if they made that content available to everyone, It would be a kick in the teeth for those of us that bought it, if you have the pack you could add it in yourself via free build cheat, I'm no much of a complainer on this game although I do think this game still isnt there yet but if they done that it would really plum me off lol
  • Options

Did they not add objects from packs that people hadn't got before now?
  • Options
    Although they did add clothing that were supposed to be in expansions, I got to admit I was abit annoyed at that but compared to adding washing machines it's nothing considering washing machines are a main feature of another pack, Just like I would be plumed off if they added proper coffee shops to everyone and bowling, So I was happy with the coffee stall being added @Freckles1971
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Did they not add objects from packs that people hadn't got before now?
    Yes but laundry machines is the key selling point of laundry day. It’s why a simguru said they can’t bring apartments to other packs because they were the key selling point of CL
  • Options
    I agree with @SelinaKyles , they cant do that, It would make more simmers angry than happy by doing that
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I can live with classes being rabbit holes but I'd want teacher Lawyer and engineering be an active career

I want this too! Kinda doubt it but those could be such cool active careers. I'd love my sim heading off to court <3 but honestly I really don't think it will work that way. I think they'll be more like the CL careers.

I agree! Imagine how easy it would be to just have a courtroom building, and judge, bailiff, officers, or whatever, and we could fight to win cases.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

My sister has never played the Sims, but she knows how much I play and enjoy the game. I sent her the DU trailer and game play trailer and she thought it was "cool." Voiceovers are so needed and makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience. She started watching other Sims 4 trailers as a result--so cute. I hope they put the Sims in the gameplay trailer in the gallery--please help me find them.

His expression and look--priceless.
    University.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    I can live with classes being rabbit holes but I'd want teacher Lawyer and engineering be an active career

I want this too! Kinda doubt it but those could be such cool active careers. I'd love my sim heading off to court <3 but honestly I really don't think it will work that way. I think they'll be more like the CL careers.

I agree! Imagine how easy it would be to just have a courtroom building, and judge, bailiff, officers, or whatever, and we could fight to win cases.

Not in a University town. That's more for big cities.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    so....not gonna lie, I was so excited for Discover University, I hadn't played the sims 4 since like January of this year, wasn't excited enough for island life to start playing again, could care less about realm of magic, so I started playing again after the DU trailer dropped two weeks ago, and I've been back addicted to the game, but watching this live, was so...BORING, I do not care about stupid robots, nor do I want to use them..maybe these guru's gameplay is just bland and different from mine, but whatever they were doing totally made me lose interest in this pack, They didn't even show us life before uni and how to prep for it and get there, and I wanted to see how loans worked, idk, it just all looked so boring, and limited, like it should have been a game pack, not a expansion...but i will still buy the game ofcourse because I'm back playing the game....so...
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Not in a University town. That's more for big cities.

yea that's what I meant, like post completion of university.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    so....not gonna lie, I was so excited for Discover University, I hadn't played the sims 4 since like January of this year, wasn't excited enough for island life to start playing again, could care less about realm of magic, so I started playing again after the DU trailer dropped two weeks ago, and I've been back addicted to the game, but watching this live, was so...BORING, I do not care about stupid robots, nor do I want to use them..maybe these guru's gameplay is just bland and different from mine, but whatever they were doing totally made me lose interest in this pack, They didn't even show us life before uni and how to prep for it and get there, and I wanted to see how loans worked, idk, it just all looked so boring, and limited, like it should have been a game pack, not a expansion...but i will still buy the game ofcourse because I'm back playing the game....so...

???????
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @Tony89 money speaks louder that words.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

???????
    Yea, I mean any addition to the game is welcomed, I have all of the packs even though most of them are boring lol
  • Options
    mika wrote: »
    I think that was easily the cringiest Sims trailer I've ever seen :# We get it, this game is for the hip and cool teen girls of the world, but geeeeezzzzz, the 'hashtags' and other weird slang and the way the voice actress spoke were so off putting.

Hilarious how this is the 2nd trailer, the GAMEPLAY trailer, and yet still nothing showing anything to do with classes. Is this a university pack or a "my life is so #crazy and so #weird, but so #fun, and and I love to #party, oh and I also just so happen to be in #school" pack? Seriously, they glossed over anything that actually related to school just to tell a story about this obnoxious girl. Where are the actual details about what's offered in the pack? Where is the schooling? What about the degrees? Jobs? The campuses? Literally all of that was ignored. This was supposed to be the trailer to tell us about what's new and interesting about this pack, but instead they just rushed through everything and used it as mere background for the unnecessary story.

Doesn't make the pack look appealing in the slightest In fact, it just makes the pack come across as void of content.

I dont know why y'all think they should appeal to you instead of the newer, younger generation. It makes complete sense for TS4 to mostly target teens and young adults as they have the most spending and staying power and are what brings attention to the game. Nobody cares what kind of music or things the 30+ folks are into for a reason. It's basic marketing. As cringy as it seems, this is what the target demo responds to, especially on social media platforms as I see many young women all over twitter and instagram referring to it as the "best trailer" yet.

Hate to say it, but the majority is all they're concerned about and the majority of Sims 4 players are young people / women. And the devs only come on the forums for ideas of what unique objects/mechanisms to add to the game, not really for our overall opinions and critiques. They're more active on twitter.

It's not just for teen girls for a start. There are a lot of older people that use social media every day very well and also those 30+ people play games such as the sims 4. I'm one of those 30+ people you are insulting. I'm 40+ and have been playing the sims games since they came out and still play,I also use social media every day and have no problems using it.

It was an introduction to the pack. You know a teaser to tide people over until the actual gameplay live feed came out. They have did this for a while now.

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I think that was easily the cringiest Sims trailer I've ever seen :# We get it, this game is for the hip and cool teen girls of the world, but geeeeezzzzz, the 'hashtags' and other weird slang and the way the voice actress spoke were so off putting.

Hilarious how this is the 2nd trailer, the GAMEPLAY trailer, and yet still nothing showing anything to do with classes. Is this a university pack or a "my life is so #crazy and so #weird, but so #fun, and and I love to #party, oh and I also just so happen to be in #school" pack? Seriously, they glossed over anything that actually related to school just to tell a story about this obnoxious girl. Where are the actual details about what's offered in the pack? Where is the schooling? What about the degrees? Jobs? The campuses? Literally all of that was ignored. This was supposed to be the trailer to tell us about what's new and interesting about this pack, but instead they just rushed through everything and used it as mere background for the unnecessary story.

Doesn't make the pack look appealing in the slightest In fact, it just makes the pack come across as void of content.

I dont know why y'all think they should appeal to you instead of the newer, younger generation. It makes complete sense for TS4 to mostly target teens and young adults as they have the most spending and staying power and are what brings attention to the game. Nobody cares what kind of music or things the 30+ folks are into for a reason. It's basic marketing. As cringy as it seems, this is what the target demo responds to, especially on social media platforms as I see many young women all over twitter and instagram referring to it as the "best trailer" yet.

Hate to say it, but the majority is all they're concerned about and the majority of Sims 4 players are young people / women. And the devs only come on the forums for ideas of what unique objects/mechanisms to add to the game, not really for our overall opinions and critiques. They're more active on twitter.

It's not just for teen girls for a start. There are a lot of older people that use social media every day very well and also those 30+ people play games such as the sims 4. I'm one of those 30+ people you are insulting. I'm 40+ and have been playing the sims games since they came out and still play,I also use social media every day and have no problems using it.

It was an introduction to the pack. You know a teaser to tide people over until the actual gameplay live feed came out. They have did this for a while now.

I thought the teaser was cute. Julia sounded like someone in their late teens. As an old man, I wasn't offended by that at all.
  • Options
    July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    i wonder if sims attending university will stop aging while they are attending university similar to how it worked in ts3