Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Are You More Likely To Download?

Comments

• Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Lots
    I like making and am happy with sims that I make. I have a few Maxis sims and a few sims from the 25 day male sim challenge. I like to build and have been doing so lately because I have been in the mood to do so. However, I don't do public lots much and I will normally look to download one if I need it. I do download houses, but I only download houses that are empty, unfurnished or a shell as I like to decorate and make the lot suit the sim or my mood. I won't download any lot marked do not reupload, stopstealing, or fairplay as don't feel safe or welcome to redecorated to suit my sim and most of the time I like the outside of the house but would prefer to decorate as I like. Public lots can't have those labels either and I try to look for ones that L also like the interior of as well. I like to build, but some building styles are just beyond me like complex Victorians and large detailed mansions. I try to avoid downloading lots that use MOO because I don't entirely trust it and because some highly decorated lots can cause performance issues as well as routing issues if not properly tested. Anything I build I don't use MOO when I first put it in my library or when I upload it. I do use it some times, but I always want a clean vanilla copy of everything I build just in case something happens to MOO I always have a good copy to use. (I have the same policy for CC. I like CC and I use it some times, but I don't want it in every build in my library just in case something happens and the CC isn't good after an update.)
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited October 2019
    Lots
    Lots, mostly. Although if I see a good, quirky looking sim I will might download it. I have a soft spot for quirky and ugly sims. There are a couple German creators whose sims I keep an eye on.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited October 2019
    Lots
    I can't build anything, so I download all the lots I need.
    I like creating Sims, so I usually play with my own Sims, but sometimes I download Sims from the gallery to put in my saves if I find interesting ones. I do like to use Maxis made Sims a lot.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sims
    Only rarely download lots. The Sims I fetch are merely added to 'not in world'. I sometimes enjoy editing existing lots - spice them up and such.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Lots
    I just started this recently avtually. I alway used to build everything myself, but it is way too much work and there are so many good builders and creative lots out there that I would not even want to try start building, so I have now like 70% of downloaded lots in my game and a few from myself that I really wanted and just couldnt find anywhere better than what I had planned in my head.

Next step is households and sims with their background stories given by the lovely community. I love this idea, cause then I won't know all the sims in town but I still know that their background stories and behaviour make sense compared to... ahum Maxis automatic generated sims.. do not even let me get started on those.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Lots
    I chose lots because I am not that well versed in building just yet. I am obsessed with all things character creation so I've got that down :wink: I have never really considered downloading others' save files but wouldn't be opposed necessarily. And finally, I can't stand paintings with custom images on them. To each their own, of course, I just dislike them in my game!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Lots
    I build a lot of my own things but sometimes I get lazy and find that it's easier to renovate someone else's build rather than start from scratch.
    I like small builds where I can keep track of my sims , but I want at least 3 bedrooms and that's hard to find.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Pictures (paintings or photos for your walls)
    I used to download a ton of lots but lately I cannot bring myself to open that gallery. I really wish it open to a blank page so I can enter in my filters without the slow down of items coming up UGH!!!!!!!!!!

Let's just say I have been forced to get a bit better with building.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Sims
    All the sims I make tend to have the same look to them so I like to download other peoples sims for more diversity. I'm not the best builder in the world but I would rather redecorate an already existing house than download one from the gallery. They're always either too cluttered or use MOO way too much.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Lots
    I download lots more than the other choices you've got in the poll. I've never seen a whole world save to download, I'd try that.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I love all that stuff, paintings, pictures, posters, wall hangings, just mainly clutter is my passion. :D I'm a decent builder and I love CAS, but still love to peruse the Gallery to see what others have created. There are some amazing creations made with amazing imaginations.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Lots
    I prefer to create my own sims and worlds/saves. I don't like to build too often though, so I will sometimes download lots from the gallery to edit if I can find something close enough to what I want. I like lots to look in keeping with the world that they are placed in and to be fully functional and CC free. I tend to prefer small lots, particularly cute little cottages, ideally with two or more bedrooms.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I enjoy building and making sims...building more. I love the many different pictures and paintings on the Gallery. I just wish they wouldn't show up as CC.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lots
    Lots if they are sufficiently different from what I build or are a 'I didn't know you could do that in 4'.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Lots
    I've gotten into the habit of downloading lots lately so that I get varied styles and don't spend the time on building. That said, part of me wants to do more building again so I feel a bit guilty about downloading so much.

I do think I will use some plans and try building some varied designs myself. I like Victorian houses but I tend not to build them. I used to do more of my own building. Maybe I'll do it again when I have time.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Lots
    I haven't downloaded sims or pictures. Didn't realize the second one was even an option.

I have downloaded a few lots. I prefer small houses with a single floor with base game parts only, as I only have two expansion packs and nothing else.
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Torn between this and Lots, but ultimately I feel there's enough of both Lots and Sims to go around tenfold. Most are great and really innovative, but it seems clutter/etc. tend to get a bit neglected. I wouldn't mind paintings of different sizes/colors/shapes since I don't bother with the 'lag-gallery' much.

Paintings centered around SimNation would be nice if not only for nostalgic reasons, as in Llamas, Freezer Bunny, plumbobs, landscapes from older games, etc.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Lots
    Specifically community lots. I get them from other players if I can't/don't want to use Maxis made
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2019
    Lots
    I download lots once in awhile if I need inspiration for a new build, but I get more fun out of building and using my own. But I almost never download sims. The sims in the gallery all look the same, and if I have an idea for a sim I do it myself since I know what Im looking for.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Lots
    Regardless of version, lots will always be my favorite to DL as I can always use more but with Sims 4 you have to choose what goes into the field and what stays in the save folder.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    Lots
    I mostly download lots, because I am quite weak builder... although recently I started also to download some interesting Sim families. But nice, detailed lots will always bring my attention.
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sims
    I don’t download much off the Gallery, but when I do it’s the occasional sim to fill out my worlds.

I don’t download lots because I enjoy building and too often I find something I have to change about them anyway.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Lots
    I’m not a great builder but I love to remodel.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Sims
    I download tons of Sims from the gallery. I can't seem to properly install Sims from other websites, so I only get them from the gallery.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Lots
    I said lots but its pretty even between sims and lots. I build a bunch so sometimes I download my own previously created lots, but I also download spouses for my legacy sims.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.