March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will Expansion Pack 9 be ?

Hey simmers,

What do you guys think/hope we will get for Expansion Pack 9 ?

I'm really hoping for a family style back like generations. I know we got parenthood but for me that was based more around parents and bringing up there kids. I want more game play for younger sims such as prom, sleepovers and more after school activities.

Comments

• CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    I think if it’s due out in the summer like the past years, then it will be a farming/country living pack. With the hints in game, the question posed by a dev a while back on Twitter and the horse coding found in game.

It could also add lots of things for all life stages.l and could be a much more family friendly pack.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    What I would LIKE is a moutain/snowy world with skiing and possible hotels or a residential/rental mix of lots (as in, both types in the world, or switchable lot types).

What I think it's going to be is something outdoorsy with animals etc, so possibly farming.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    What I think based off guessing: farming
    What I desperately want: GENERATIONS!
    So much missing family play. I'm not even going to repeat myself because I think I generate a long list of needed family play in every thread.😂 In Hopes one of the gurus actual see it and take it into consideration.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    Farming has been the second most requested pack after University. Generations/Family would also make sense a lot of us want family-related features. Whatever it might be, it's most likely going to be a new concept.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,347 Member
    I think I'm most hoping it's Maxis' trademark-friendly take on the House of Mouse's theme parks, or something along those lines. Llamaland would be a great family pack and offer stuff that could be all over the map, in terms of theme.

I'm expecting the Farming group to get their Country Living pack... which at least should have some interesting hobbies. (I wonder if they'll have enough cross pack comparability that we can spin all that plum cat hair. And yes, you can spin cat hair into yarn. I've seen it done with rabbit hair, which is about the same length.)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    Hey simmers,

I'm really hoping for a family style back like generations. I know we got parenthood but for me that was based more around parents and bringing up there kids. I want more game play for younger sims such as prom, sleepovers and more after school activities.

I'm hoping it's either a themepark ep or a romance ep. I've seen farming mentioned but that will probably come in a Gamepack rather then an Expansion.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,925 Member
    edited October 2019
    I hope it’s farming with farm animals that can be used for their resources and reproduce. I hope they include a sewing machine with patterns and such. It would be great if they added a color wheel to be able to make clothes, stuffed animals, quilts and stuffed dolls.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I think it'll be farming, but I'd MUCH prefer something like TS2 FreeTime or another holiday world, or maybe even a theme park/carnival.
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    Generations was exactly my thought when I read The title, I think that's what we're missing the most in the game right now after getting university:)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do think farming is on the table and I'm interested in it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    farming/country living is something i really want.

a generations style ep is also something i'd like, it feels like the other life stages are missing so much still, five years in.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,142 Member
    edited October 2019
    EP09 ? Winter World EP !

GP09 and GP10 ? Find Love GP or On The Road GP (Cars) and Super Hero Academy GP

For the 20th anniversary, it would be amazing if a Cars GP is released.

Old surveys
    Some themes are submitted several times, I hope that means they will be done like City (×2), Pets (×3) and Celebrity (×3) :

- University (×3)
    - Winter world (×3)
    - Summer vacation (×3)
    - Fashion (×2)
    - Love (×2)
    - Cars (×2)
    - Superheroes (×2)
    - Dream jobs (×2)
    - Witches (×2)
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m hoping for a Farming EP and a Romance GP, as well as more hobbies. A personality overhaul would also be deeply appreciated, but yeah...
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I'd like a Romance Game Pack and then a Hobbies EP or a Generation EP
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    EP09 ? Winter World EP !

GP09 and GP10 ? Find Love GP or On The Road GP (Cars) and Super Hero Academy GP

For the 20th anniversary, it would be amazing if a Cars GP is released.

Old surveys
    Some themes are submitted several times, I hope that means they will be done like City (×2), Pets (×3) and Celebrity (×3) :

- University (×3)
    - Winter world (×3)
    - Summer vacation (×3)
    - Fashion (×2)
    - Love (×2)
    - Cars (×2)
    - Superheroes (×2)
    - Dream jobs (×2)
    - Witches (×2)

I posted this in another thread but I noticed most of the "tell joke about..." items have been added to the game now with the exception of "tell joke about penguins." I think that's a solid hint for a winter world or winter vacation world.
  • piamc69piamc69 Posts: 11 New Member
    I really want cars with garages and driveways that they drive out from.
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    If the university campus ends up being an open world with bicycles acting as a legitimate vehicle, then maybe this could be our hint to cars?

If not, I'm down with a family pack or farming pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not what I want next but I'm going with Farming because of the code for horses found awhile back what I hope to see is Generations.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I hope it is going to be royal pack
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,858 Member
    Hey simmers,

I'm hoping it's either a themepark ep or a romance ep. I've seen farming mentioned but that will probably come in a Gamepack rather then an Expansion.

See, I actually think it's the opposite but it depends on what they do with it. If it's JUST theme parks with the rides that's going to not be enough to be a EP, but would be great as a GP. If it's theme parks, carnivals, zoos, aquariums all included it could be a vacations destination type of EP, with hotels included maybe even. But I'm thinking probably a GP. I really hope we can get some theme/amusement parks rides SOMEHOW.

Meanwhile I think with Farming you have country/rural living as well, and could even possibly be medieval related if they wanted to stretch it. And if you add in horses, definitely an EP.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I have no idea what's coming after University at all. What I want the most, however, is nectar making. I wonder - could smaller, dinkier rides come in a Country Living pack? Small carnivals are really popular in the country! And the mechanics existing could pave the way for a larger, more permanent and expensive theme park pack soon after.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    I'm guessing either a future pack or a dating expansion. On the former we got drones and a futuristic bed. In Discover University were getting more drones and robots.

I think this translates to an into the future expansion.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I'm guessing either a future pack or a dating expansion. On the former we got drones and a futuristic bed. In Discover University were getting more drones and robots.

I think this translates to an into the future expansion.

a really want a futuristic theme pack, but after the plumbots come in university i think the time thinking make a time travel pack, with possibilite for travel to the future and the past, i would lovely btw