Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do you use mods in your game? Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    Sometimes, of and on, but mostly I play #NOCC.
    telemwill wrote: »
    Hmm, I am not sure where I fit. I use MCCC, but NOT for story progression. I use it to take excess accessories off of townies, to get random sims off my lawn, and sometimes to cheat skills and careers when I want to create a developed character for a story I'm telling myself (like someone's grandparents, for instance).

I do use UI Cheats extension when I am in 8 Sim hell and don't want to shower and potty everyone. I never use it for hunger, sleep, etc.

I use Zerbu's Go to School mod to follow kids and teens to school when I want. I use Meaningful Stories to make my Sims behave more realistically.

Beyond that I mostly use mods to fix bugs and fine tune things I think should be in the game anyway. I use people I trust like Bienchen, Little Ms. Sam, Zero, and Icemunmun. It used to be just a few, but ROM has changed that a bit. I probably have twice as many now.

I use very little cc and only when I want something specific. I don't go cc shopping. But I looked for smaller versions of the telescope and microscope, an upright piano, Simlish versions of in game shirts, a few specific hairstyles, a witch hat, and all the Pottermore stuff.

Thanks! I will check into the modders you mentioned! I appreciate the feedback.
    6qrDi11.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2019
    All kinds and always! The crazier the better! And, I wouldn't play Sims without them.
    @CandiGir1 Besides the mods already mentioned, I strongly recommend Coolspear's mods. Be warned though, they're very addictive as they improve the game SO much I can no longer play the game without them. You have to register on the site to download, but they're all free and safe, and very high quality.
    I also get mods from modthesims.info

If you're curious about CC you can start here: https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, but only for aesthetics. Variety is the spice of life and I can't get enough options for hair, clothes, makeup, and furniture!
    Just clothing, hair, eyes, eyelashes, beards, height slider and pose player for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    All kinds and always! The crazier the better! And, I wouldn't play Sims without them.
    I only download free mods, and I only like to download from SimsFileShare if the site doesn't give me direct access. On rare occasion, I'll download from MediaFire, but I don't really like to. Definitely never from adfly which is known to be dangerous.

I do use TheSimsResource like a maniac even though it's covered in ads and it's a pain to use, but their huge collection makes it worth it. ModTheSims is awesome for its quick and easy downloading process, but for whatever reason, not a lot of creators are using it for TS4.

I usually have something special I'm doing, like Victorian or Mid Century Modern, so I NEED cc. I also find the game so much more enjoyable with mods that either correct problems are give me more freedom.

I have a folder with all of my Victorian cc and another with all of my Mid Century Modern cc, so I can take them out if I'm not playing those eras.

For modern saves, I use cc to fill in categories that don't have enough items, in my opinion, such as wedding rings.

I also use a height slider to make the sims different heights, but it does effect their interactions, like kissing (if I screenshot from the correct angle, it still looks like they're kissing romantically, but really one person will be kissing the other's nose or forehead, haha).

I use facial cc to give my sims a more realistic look, like mouth corners, eyebags, etc. I also like to download wrinkles and give my sims just a little bit of wrinkles when they're in the second half of the adult phase (like maybe only small forehead wrinkles). That way, they don't just suddenly turn old.

I like to get custom traits since the game's are limited.

Sometimes I'll find cc with a theme that doesn't exist in game, like a tailor's/seamstress's shop, and I'll get that and then create a lot especially because of that cc.

I'm just recently getting into poses and I love love love them! So much more storytelling potential!

MCCC is the best.

CC:

Hair -- Birksches https://birkschessimsblog.wordpress.com/category/hairstyles/

Picture Frames -- Jools-Simming https://jools-simming.tumblr.com/post/143581504820/photo-frames-this-is-a-set-of-7-different-frames

A lot of unique stuff, like weapons, transportation, mechanic garage stuff, tanning beds, lawnmowers, and much more: https://sg5150.tumblr.com/

Animated Decor by Bakie on MTS (animated animals, like snakes, chickens, pidgeons, etc., that you can place as cc)

Decor Horses -- Severinka: http://sims3s.ru/objects4-horses.php

Mods:

Eyelash Remover -- Cien Z Roza: http://cienzroza.blogspot.com/2017/04/soon-little-thing.html

Eyelashes (cc) -- Kijiko (she has a lot of different versions, so you might want to look around; mine replace eyeglasses)

Default Eye Replacement - Ms Blue's Expressive Eyes: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-eyecolors/title/expressive-eyes-v2-hq-default/id/1366013/

More Club Members -- Havem on MTS: http://modthesims.info/d/620405/more-club-members-amp-gender-requirements-18-dec-updated.html

Shaving --Necrodog: http://sims4studio.com/thread/7788/necrodogmtsands4s-studio?page=4

Door Locks -- LittleMsSam: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175403052908/unlocklock-doors-for-chosen-sims-this-little

DressCodeLotTrait -- LittleMsSams: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175405300963/dress-code-custom-lot-traits-this-mod-adds-six

Body Hair -- Luumia: https://luumiasims.com/post/160374208324/body-hair-v5-body-hair-is-back-and-even-more

No Vampires -- Tanja1986 http://modthesims.info/d/589172/neighborhood-protection-no-vampires.html

Leave The Phone Alone -- Anonymous85 http://modthesims.info/d/622551/leave-the-phone-alone-no-autonomous-gaming-or-browsing-the-web-on-their-cellphones.html

No Mosaic Censor -- MoxieMason: http://modthesims.info/d/533172/no-mosaic-censor-mod-for-the-sims-4-toddler-compatibility-update.html

Venue Change by Zerbu (not sure where the latest version is located; lets you take event venues, like the Von Haunt Estate, and make them residential or commercial)

Those are just a few of many!

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I use quality-of-life mods. Give me what I want and give it to me fast. Basically, I'm cheating at cheating and I love it!
    I use MCCC to mitigate the glaring tuning problems with the game. I'll also use it if I'm setting up some sims that I see as already having lived a decent bit (like when I have sims who are going to be parents) and I want some evidence of their prior experience and interests to exist in their skills and skill levels. It's actually quite useful if you want to get rid of all of the pre-made sims and replace them with your own NPC households.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Tip for organizing your cc -- have a good folder system from the start! I organize by type of item, then site, then creator name.

For Example, I have a folder called "Clutter MTS" (for clutter from ModTheSims), and in that folder I have multiple folders with creator names. This is really helpful if I have a problem with a cc item because I can then find all of the cc from that same creator and make sure it's not causing problems, too.

You can't put mods too deep into folders, and I like to always be able to see which mods I have in game, so I have a different system for those. I put an underscore at the beginning of the name (so that they're always at the top of my folder), followed by the phrase "GameMods," then a short description of what the mod is, then the creator name, then the site it came from. For example:

_GameMods--MoreClubMembers_Havem_MTS.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I use several mods, though not to the 'crazy' degree (if you don't count one 'famous' adult mod). It's mostly a few custom careers, MCCC for adjusting some things, and a few smaller things (like a mod that stops some annoying autonomous actions or a mod that makes sim put instruments and tablets into their inventory instead of dropping it on the floor/table).
    Then, I have a load of CC - mostly clothing and female hair.
    And, yeah, body hair mod because, for some reason, Sims authors can't give us something so basic and natural. Meh.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Mods? Please. I'm a purist!
    I'm not really a purist - lol - I just do not use mods, CC, or cheats in a developing game.

I will use a few in finished games if I feel they are needed or something I would like to have in game that isn't. My Sims 2 has lots of Maxis match build mode item, kids clothes etc as they were much needed ( over 8 gigs of stuff). But in the Sims 3 I have hardly any - just a set of default skins, some eyes, and some body hair for males.

So I have nothing against user made content - modders and content creators are awesome - I just prefer to not create trouble in my games before a game is finished. LOl.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Yes, but only for aesthetics. Variety is the spice of life and I can't get enough options for hair, clothes, makeup, and furniture!
    I use MODS for my clothing, hair, furniture mostly I find other types of mods in the game don't usually work that well. I would no longer play the Sims if I could not get MODS there are so many talented people out there who make things for the Sims that are way better then what EA gives us. MODS make the game so much more interesting for me at least I could not play without them.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    No because mods cause the game to be more glitchy than ever.
  • Options
    SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    Mods are what make the game enjoyable and playable to me.

I started being mod addicted with the Sims 3 which was unplayable without NRass mods and I'm using quite a few game tweaking mods for the Sims 4 as well (a better emotion system, story progression and more of the same).

Regarding CC, I used a LOT of it for the sims 2 and 3 since the sims and textures were so UGLY (I loved both games to bits but the sims looked awful). I don't use CC for the Sims 4 though (or a very small amount of it for rugs and mermaid scales but that's it) because, let's be honest, the game doesn't need it. I know I've been bashing the Sims 4 gameplay a lot lately but I do admit that CAS and texture wise, the game delivers. The hair, clothes and skin tone are absolutely perfect. The best of the series. That's the Sims 4 power point in comparison with the older installments.

So mods, a huge yes. CC, not anymore.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    there wasn't an option for a handful of cc items and nothing else, which is what i have. i stay away from script mods at all costs. i've tried them and i hate the way they feel in the game. i only download cc for things i feel CAS is lacking, such as nice, elegant high heels and lipsticks that actually look good. and tattoos. can't get enough tattoo options in my game
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The mods I use fix the bugs that the devs have not fixed. Without them, the game is what I consider unplayable.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I try to keep mods to a minimum. I have mccc and a few others. Mccc offers me al the cheats I need for setting up stories for my sims neighbours. The other mods are mostly to fix bugs or give an extra option that should have been part of the game to begin with (according to my personal taste)
    when it comes to CC I use as little as possible, unnatural haircolor for children, unlocked pointy ears and a shirt under the many tops that show their bellies.

Reason why I severely cut down mods compared to Sims 2 are the frequent updates. Keeping my mods up to date should take no longer than 5 to 10 minutes.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I can't say I'm a purist. It's not that I don't use mods because I want to preserve the sanctity of the game as is.

Mods and CC are too much hassle - the game updates often enough that taking them out and adding them back in sounds exhausting. Also, I play on a Macbook that has enough issues running the game without me adding more stuff to it.

I haven't felt like I desperately needed mods to fix the game nor do I feel like there's stuff missing so I don't have those reasons for getting mods. And I'm lucky enough I guess that I don't have the packs that I've heard are the buggiest (and the ones I do have I've not seen that many bugs, definitely no game-breaking ones). There's CC I've been tempted by but again, space issues and too much hassle.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Wouldn't call myself a purist but no, I don't use mods (nor CC).
    To be honest, I never, in any of The Sims games (and I've played them all) have use mods or CC. It looks like a complicated thing to me that I would need to learn from scratch and honestly, I can't be bothered. I feel like I would waste a lot of time on it, and I have way too many interests aside The Sims to devote time to look for mods/cc that I might like, install it, keep up with updates, and so on.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I started playing back during the Sims 1 days and have occasionally tried script mods, but almost always remove them. I think the only one I have right now is Show Sim Info because I'm always interested in understanding the mechanics of the game.

I do have some CC like Maxis Match hair, clothing and facial and body hair because, let's face it, male sims get ignored.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Altering my game has always been fun. I was just remembering downloading a Britney Spears skin for The Sims 1 and learning to create my own skins.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Mods I use are often ones that enhance gameplay for me, basically the opposite of making it easier. I want it harder. I also have a heap of mods that simply fix issues with the game, and finally some custom clothings.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    The only mod I use is MCCC, I do not use CC, and if the game had story progression where other families could be made (marriages), unmade (divorce), and thrive (pregnancies) then I would not need to use it at all.
  • Options
    MetalHeadSixMetalHeadSix Posts: 11 New Member
    The more Mods the better. I like things wild and crazy. :D
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I play with quality of life mods, but i dont see this as cheating. Sims showering for hours or eating for an eternity because they won't shut up for two spoons after another (or those silly idle animations after every bite) no thanks.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'll use them when i'm missing story progression but usually wind up taking them out after awhile. I don't use CC at all though.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Lately I've been using mods. MCCC helps with the crazy flirting. I like sims that are in a relationship to be faithful. And the other mods to prevent random sims from becoming spellcasters. I want that control.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    juliesaaanchezjuliesaaanchez Posts: 1 New Member
    i use mods that help enhance gameplay and a hecka lot of cc. like in the sims 4 (in my experience at least) once i started shoving mods and cc into my game, i couldn't just make a sim with only stuff from the normal game mechanics. i tried remaking my favorite family with no cc and it physically hurt. there were almost no skin details (which i love using on my sims to make their faces more unique), i love alpha hair and obviously there isn't any in the normal game, and i mainly use alpha clothes too so it's weird for me to play without them. my cc makes my sims so pretty and aesthetic and i love it, because of cc, i love cas a lot more than i should and i make so many sims i never end up using lol. it seriously pains me to play without mods like slice of life, private practice, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (only for their personality archetypes, attractiveness systems, and other features similar to those, i don't like the extra sexual things so i use streamer mode), all of skillful simmer's custom trait packs, and other mods that just add more to gameplay, as they allow me to get more emerged in my sims' lives. in the sims 4, unlike previous sims games, they have given us a much more thorough create-a-sim appearance wise, but have taken more away from making our sims' personalities detailed. like our sims used to have zodiac signs, favorites, and more trait slots, in the sims 4 we now only have three trait slots. even though i am good at dreaming up characters and storylines for my sims, it can still get a little boring without detailed personalities. mods i use help me figure out my sims more in detail or just add more to gameplay which can become repetitive. with mods, there's always something new and exciting happening in your world and add more realism to your game.