Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 002 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @shakerella Congrats on completing house 2. That's another great looking house.

@illusie Wow, a whole thread gone missing! How annoying for anyone who's starting this challenge - like shakerella - and wants the rules or wants to post.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @karise, strange right?!
  • Options
    DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    Well @Vihisha has it all up to date on her blog. So please check it out there https://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-drifter-challenge.html
  • Options
    I asked Vi for a new house 3 thread and she said she is going to make one when she has got the time
  • Options
    Vi posted a message on the main page of the drifter challenge
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @illusie @Karise Thank you! I am enjoying this challenge!

@debraf63 yes, I have noticed the blogspot was current! Even with Realm of Magic!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Rules have been completely re-posted and are updated through Realm Of Magic! :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    You are amazing,Vi! It must have taken a while to update all threads
  • Options
    Awww thx Lu! Yeah...it basically took all day..but now it's all done! Booyah!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    OMG so much drama in my House 2 save! My female sim, married and moved in the mail carrier, (who was already married, she had to steal him away from his wife!). They were building up their house, one bedroom, one bath and a little kitchen so far and were pregnant with the heir. My Sim's Mum from House 1 decided to visit. New hubby started flirting with his Mother-in-Law! Then my Sim caught them in the bedroom, in the bed, doing "you know what"! My Sim was in her third trimester by now. She went into labour and guess who was her doctor at the hospital? Her husband's first wife!! Don't think I can take much more drama .....
  • Options
    Oh my @MrsSteepdene lots of drama in your game!
    Funny that her doctor was her husband's first wife! lol
  • Options
    @MrsSteepdene Oh my! That's amazing - so much going on. Hope everything turns out for the best. :)
  • Options
    MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    Think I'm going to break the rules a little bit, don't think that she should stay with hubby if he's sleeping with the Mother-in-Law, so for this house only I'm going to divorce and move him out. She has her heir now, so she doesn't need a man, lol!
  • Options
    @MrsSteepdene :D Oh my goodness...your post definitely gave me a good chuckle!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    So here is my girl Britta, whose father was my original Drifter (House 001).

10-20-19_7-40-04-PM-1024x576.png

I'm slightly behind in updating chapters here because of RL, so I have a couple to share.

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2

I do have a couple of observations, which since I'm coming late to this party I'm sure someone else has mentioned it, but since Seasons came out, anything related to gardening is harder. You have to wait for the seasons the plants are zoned for to get them. This has made collecting the items in Granite Falls ... interesting.

I opted to do the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration rather than the Milestones, because I thought it would be easier, but again, like I said above, it has been a struggle getting the stuff from Granite Falls. And then, when I did, the Aspiration has a few bugs where it wouldn't actually register that I did it. I might have had better luck with the Milestones... and I'm sure glad I didn't wait for the babies (twins again! no fertility perk!) to be toddlers to start it or else I'd fail this House.

• Options
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on the wedding. :) Yeah, gardening's much harder now with seasons. I don't know about Granite Falls as my sims haven't really been lately and the only suggestion I have is perhaps to build a greenhouse (if you're going to plant anything) when you've the funds.
  • Options
    Karise wrote: »
    Yeah, gardening's much harder now with seasons. I don't know about Granite Falls as my sims haven't really been lately and the only suggestion I have is perhaps to build a greenhouse (if you're going to plant anything) when you've the funds.

Yeah, I have been doing greenhouses for a while now, if the lot and house size allow. But I can't greenhouse the things in Granite falls without editing the lots to build one with items in it and that kind of feels like cheating for a challenge like this.

Chapter 3 is up now for reading. I have some more pics to sort through and write the next chapter.

And if anyone is interested in being spoiled for the family, I dressed my family up as pirates for Halloween and put them on the gallery, under my EA ID, chillyzgrrl, with tags for drifterchallenge, halloween and spookyday.

I haven't played in a few days, because I binge play and then have to sort through a whole bunch of pics to make the story.
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on the incoming nooboos. Glad you were able to start on the house.
  • Options
    Chapter 4 is up now!
    Karise wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on the incoming nooboos. Glad you were able to start on the house.

She had twins, too, just like her parents! No perks or anything, so I will be interested in seeing if whomever is heir has twins, as well when I finally move on to House 003.

The house in this build is driving me crazy. I chose a house plan I liked off a website, started the first floor, and have been slowly working my way up. But I can't get the roof to look like the roof in the pictures and its bugging me.

• Options
    @chillyzgrrl The twins are very cute (as is the kitten, lol). I know what you mean about the roof. I found a website of house plans to use for building during the drifters and, like you, couldn't always get the roof to look right. Hope you get it sorted. :smile:
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl, congrats on the twins! They looks cute. I've lots of twins in my drifter family too, but being a twin doesn't mean they always get twins themselves. Good luck with the roof! Maybe we can help if you post pictures of your house in game and of the floor plan?
  • Options
    Chapter 5 is up.

@illusie it's funny but after I posted that comment about the roof not being how I wanted it, I went back in and looked at them and was able to get it to actually look right. I wonder if I just needed a couple of days to step away from it and fiddle with them with 'new eyes'?
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on all the birthdays and glad you managed to sort out the roof. :smile:
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl congrats on all the birthdays! Yay for figuring out the roof! I'm glad you are happy with it now.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    illusie wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl congrats on all the birthdays! Yay for figuring out the roof! I'm glad you are happy with it now.

Yes, very happy with it now!

Okay, so...

Chapter 6 is here.

Ch. 6 ends my times with Britta and her family. It's time to move onto to House 003.

11-05-19_7-23-51-PM-1024x576.png

House 002 - Crick Cabana Re-Creation :smile: Download it here, from the Gallery.

Also, there is a post here, on my blog, where you can view more pics.

And my House 002 Index, where you can see everything, re-read chapters and see other goodies.

During the course of House 002, I also created a new lot, which I uploaded to share.

01.jpg

Alpine Campground in Granite Falls, which comes with a playground, a pond for swimming (pool), a sandbox, tents, and closer bathrooms.

And if anyone is wondering, this is the house plan I used for House 002. I have been picking a house plan for each new lot prior to starting it, and then building the house up as they get money. I liked the look of this one, but couldn't quite get the front section of rooves to look like the picture. Then, as I said before, I took a few days off, looked at it fresh, and I think I got it pretty close!

Post edited by chillyzgrrl on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top