Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 002 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @chillyzgrrl The house looks cute! The other two lots you shared look great too! <3

Amulet is cute. There are lots of birthdays in this chapter, so happy birthday! Congrats on completing house 2 and good luck in the next challenge! Poor Caden for being sad for not being able to go to Sulani. I think he will like it in Oasis Springs though.
  • Options
    chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    Okay, I'm literally asking for a friend... what happens if your current Drifter dies before your Heir becomes YA? She's completed the Requirements for the House she's working on but the Heir is not YA yet and her Drifter just died Fail or or No?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @chillyzgrrl, if she completed all requirements then she can keep playing until the heir ages up. It is NOT a fail. She just can't controll anyone (unless the rules of the house say otherways).
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on completing house 2 and congrats on all the birthdays. The house looks great and I like your house plan but I can see why you had some ... "issues" with the roof! Glad it worked out. Good luck with house 3.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I do have a couple of observations, which since I'm coming late to this party I'm sure someone else has mentioned it, but since Seasons came out, anything related to gardening is harder. You have to wait for the seasons the plants are zoned for to get them. This has made collecting the items in Granite Falls ... interesting.

I opted to do the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration rather than the Milestones, because I thought it would be easier, but again, like I said above, it has been a struggle getting the stuff from Granite Falls. And then, when I did, the Aspiration has a few bugs where it wouldn't actually register that I did it. I might have had better luck with the Milestones... and I'm sure glad I didn't wait for the babies (twins again! no fertility perk!) to be toddlers to start it or else I'd fail this House.
    You are 100% right and I'm so glad I had made alternate rules for those without Outdoor Retreat....I was afraid that I would have to re-write House 002 rules with Seasons! It's QUITE tough to do..but some Drifters have gotten creative with "greenhouses" and/or getting that weather changing machine so that they CAN harvest certain plants...it definitely bumped up the difficulty of this house challenge, that's for sure!
    During the course of House 002, I also created a new lot, which I uploaded to share.
    Alpine Campground[/url] in Granite Falls, which comes with a playground, a pond for swimming (pool), a sandbox, tents, and closer bathrooms.
    LOVE your lot! I'll definitely be using it in one or more of my Saves!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    PinkWorldPinkWorld Posts: 65 Member
    Wohoo! I've started House 2 :)

House 02.1
  • Options
    It looks so cold! Starting in winter is not easy. Pippa is doing quite well. It looks like it was hard to find a working sim of the right age and right gender. I do like the one she found, despite the winter outfit lol I never got that message before either. I like it when sims have a mind of their own.
  • Options
    @PinkWorld You're doing really well. Congrats on finding someone. I've started in winter before too and as @illusie says it's not easy.
  • Options
    @illusie - I so regret the winterstart. Hopefully I'm better next time at calculating the seasons. I wouldn't have minded so much if it was like a week in the winter. Nope, the first day of 14 days.. I also ended up really liking Aleki :) As for the message - it was so fun!

@Thanks Karise :) I hope you did good in winter, despite the hard start.

Anyway, I've updated :)House 02.2
  • Options
    Congrats on the marriage and nooboo! lol at the picture where she tells him about the pregnancy :cold_sweat:
    I agree with you. He must be childish lol
    Such a cute toddler.
  • Options
    @PinkWorld Congrats on the marriage and nooboo and the start of the house. Can't wait to see it finished.

Yeah, winter starts can be tough but, like you, I collected as much as I could and they lived in a tent at first until I could build a shell.
  • Options
    @Karise, ooh a tent is a good idea! I'll do that if I end up in the situation again. Thanks!

@illusie, yeah - she literally couldn't wait until he was finished ;) Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    New update! House 02.3
  • Options
    @PinkWorld Caroline is adorable but so sad about Aleki
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Thanks @Karise I agree Caroline is super pretty.

Final update for house 2.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add the link. Here it is: House 02.4
    Post edited by PinkWorld on
  • Options
    @PinkWorld Congrats on completing house 2 - which looks great. Good luck for house 3.
  • Options
    chr1ssymuahchr1ssymuah Posts: 38 Member
    Quick question about twins...who is heir? I'm assuming it's the baby that was born first?
  • Options
    @chr1ssymuah I think the rules say the first born should be heir but it's your game so if you'd rather have the second twin ..... Congrats on the twins
  • Options
    SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    Hi! Where can I find House 1 and is it too late to join?
  • Options
    @SimmingKim - it's not a challenge that has an end-date :) So it's never too late for you to join.

As for the thread's - the main thread about the Drifter challenge is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/819099/the-drifter-challenge-house-001-rules/p1
    And the first house is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/819099/the-drifter-challenge-house-001-rules/p1

Hope you have fun :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @PinkWorld Yay! Thanks. :)
    Both links bring me to House 1. Is that correct?
  • Options
    Oops, thanks for correcting me @SimmingKim ! No, it's not correct. It's this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/818109/the-drifter-challenge-main-page/p1 :)
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    Quick question about twins...who is heir? I'm assuming it's the baby that was born first?

@chr1ssymuah I asked the same question once, and Vi told me it was whichever twin you named first
  • Options
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top