Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

But Where is Aine?

Comments

• Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Something had to have happened to Aine. That's why she's not in the second trailer
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Brinn wrote: »
    I have a personal theory. Morgyn and Aine somehow became merged together as a result of some magic ritual or a curse. That's why he is half-male and half-female and wearing Aine's dress. He/she didn't take Aine's place, it's half-Aine >:)

That's a pretty interesting theory. :) I like it.

Yes it is and I have been wondering something similar since changing Morgyn's gender to female.
    It also crossed my mind that Morgyn + Aine = Morgaine

An alternative name to Morgan le fey, as in the book, The Mists of Avalon.

Your name is Morgaine now!
    High priestess of Avalon, Sage of the magical realm.
    09-13-19_10-58-31nbspAM.png

We think alike. Also, I love the book "The Mists of Avalon". (Marion Zimmer Bradley). I usually enjoy Biography or non -fiction, this book, however, became an instant favorite when I first read it in the 80's. Ha, I just pulled it from my bookshelf and now will have to read it once again for the zillionth time. : )
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member

Bless you!

I never know which guru to ask. There seems to be so many of them!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Is that guru the one who gave us her name? Surely that would be the guru to ask.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    looks like her name was given by the general 'thesims' account

but morgan has given a lot of info about the creation of various sims before
  • Options
    I'm starting to lose hope :(
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Why does everyone think Morgyn overthrew Aine? Personally I think she was his beloved teacher, and she finally decided to step down and not have a 24/7 job holding the realm together and training newbies, leaving Morgyn holding the keys and the pretty pretty dress.

I do want Aine in game though. Probably going to have her marry Bella Goth and retire with 4 cat familiars named Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme, probably somewhere in Windenburg.

:D I love your take on things!
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited September 2019
    For all we know Aine was a Sage and Morgyn was about to die in the first trailer.
    So what if Morgyn is Aine?!
    That would explain how he's a Sage so soon after turning into Spellcaster and also why Morgyn wears her dress and lipstick as formal outfit.
    And maybe even the transgender part... hmm...
    She just stole his appearence because who wouldn't? He's pretty %)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    The lore of Morgyn and Aine, are we writing it? :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited September 2019
    In my story, there are 6 sages.

First three (from the trailer with Aine) have been imprisoned by the dark force that threatens to destroy the Magic Realm. Aine's student Morgyn became the sage, as well as L. Faba, who is the daughter of that other sage, which is why she looks so much like her. Finally, the last old sage's colleague stepped in, he is Simeon Silversweater.

Now, Morgyn, Simeon and L. Faba are fighting to release their old sages and united save the magic realm. Hopefully, that will happen once Maxis releases those 3 on the gallery. :D
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2019
    L. Faba, who is the daughter of that other sage, which is why she looks so much like her.
    Imagine having such a pretty mom, while you end up looking like a troll in make-up.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Freygea wrote: »
    I have a personal theory. Morgyn and Aine somehow became merged together as a result of some magic ritual or a curse. That's why he is half-male and half-female and wearing Aine's dress. He/she didn't take Aine's place, it's half-Aine >:)

Yes it is and I have been wondering something similar since changing Morgyn's gender to female.

We think alike. Also, I love the book "The Mists of Avalon". (Marion Zimmer Bradley). I usually enjoy Biography or non -fiction, this book, however, became an instant favorite when I first read it in the 80's. Ha, I just pulled it from my bookshelf and now will have to read it once again for the zillionth time. : )

I have an image in my mind's eye of my copy.
    It was the paperback. I read your post on my phone at work and was certain that book was on my bookshelf.
    I had a huge purge of books over a year ago, but I saved a few that I could not part with. I was sure Mists of Avalon was there.
    Now I am standing with my hand over mouth after being reminded to look for it on the bookcase shelf. I no longer have it.

Banes&Noble E-book. Now!
    And I just happen to have a gift card credit. :)
    Gonna miss the old cover though.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Freygea wrote: »

I have an image in my mind's eye of my copy.
    It was the paperback. I read your post on my phone at work and was certain that book was on my bookshelf.
    I had a huge purge of books over a year ago, but I saved a few that I could not part with. I was sure Mists of Avalon was there.
    Now I am standing with my hand over mouth after being reminded to look for it on the bookcase shelf. I no longer have it.

Banes&Noble E-book. Now!
    And I just happen to have a gift card credit. :)
    Gonna miss the old cover though.

Oh wow! I too did a book purge about a year ago. I know the feeling when I find that one book I accidentally set aside.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Morgyn learned all of Aine's secrets and spells. Then the two of them fought to the death and he buried her in the greenhouse. :D
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I have a Tragic Backstory!

Morgyn had a pretty ordinary, if depressing life prior to discovering the Realm. One day, as they meandered along the river in Glimmerbrook, they came across the portal - and, well, it was too good an opportunity to miss. Wandering the Realm as a wide-eyed newbie, Aine, the current Sage of the Untamed, took them under her wing. Morgyn quickly became her favourite student, and she became their beloved teacher.

However, young Morgyn was the ambitious type, and wanted to learn everything they could learn. This lead to tragic consequences - namely, their death from overload. Unwilling to accept the loss of her favourite student, Aine resurrected them - but with the Realm already starting to fracture, it had unintended consequences. Concentrating on pouring life force into Morgyn's body, Aine's own life force started to dissolve - partially into Morgyn, partially into the Realm itself.

Now, Aine is gone - part of Morgyn and the background magic of the Realm itself. And as for Morgyn, they are now made up of their own life energy, Aine's remnant energy (giving them enough of a power boost to designate them the next Sage of the Untamed), and energy from the fracturing Realm itself. Saving the Realm isn't just an abstract aim - for Morgyn, their very life, and the part of Aine that exists within it, depends on it.
  • Options
    Does Aine have a last name?
    I will upload mine, but I would like to give a last name.

Sidenote, there is an Aine in The Sims 3 that was a townie in Dragon Valley.
    Aine Mithrilen
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I'm asking on Twitter also...I want her in my game.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member

Aine Mithrilen

Are you sure aine is her official name? I thought that name was made up by the same person who referred to morgyn as 'cade'

Please post a link here if you decide to upload her. I would like to add her to my game but I am not good at recreating sims or real persons.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

That guru hasn’t tweeted since August.

—T
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Aine Mithrilen

Are you sure aine is her official name? I thought that name was made up by the same person who referred to morgyn as 'cade'

Please post a link here if you decide to upload her. I would like to add her to my game but I am not good at recreating sims or real persons.

The official Sims twitter said her name was Aine before the pack released.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    I asked SimGuruGeorge on Twitter last night but I haven't gotten a response. He seemed to be active at the time, but maybe he wasn't the right person to ask?

Loving these backstories by the way! Aine really captures the imagination, doesn't she?
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Aine Mithrilen

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6CB71AACD87E11E980CE5F3B037E5F47
    I removed all custom content.
    00.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Aine Mithrilen

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6CB71AACD87E11E980CE5F3B037E5F47
    I removed all custom content.
    00.jpg

Isn’t she supposed to be green?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif